• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
Years
  • One thing I would like to know, where can you find honedge and mimikyu? I'm super late on every Pokemon room hacks so please let this seen
    They're not in the original demo. But they are available in the Battle Tower Demo.

If I wanted to print only some functions, such as: The ability pop-up, Dex Nav ... How would you do not install the complete engine?
    Unfortunately that is not possible. The ability pop-ups are ingrained into the battle system so it would be impossible to just extract them. The CFRU let's you choose which features you want, so I highly recommend installing the full thing.

Hi, could someone tell me where to find HMs? cause im on the second gym and i hvae no HMs (and how to evolve Phantump)
    You can get Cut from the Hiker in the SES Expressway south of Crater Town. Phantump evolves via Link Cable (an item not available in the demo). It can still be evolved through Link Trade, though.

BATTLE TOWER DEMO RELEASE

The Pokemon Unbound Battle Tower Demo has now been released! Enjoy unrestricted access to the Borrius region's Battle Tower! There are over 100 different ways to battle in the Battle Tower, meaning no shortage of things to do! There are also daily rewards, as well as monthly distributions (check the main post for updates on this), so there will always be a reason to come back! Enjoy!​

Please report any bugs found in the bugs channel of the Discord server.

Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Last edited:

JOBO

o/_\O
    Years
  • YES! Been refreshing the page for a while in anticipation :') Congrats on the demo release!

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2022
    does the new release only give u access to the battle tower or does it further the plot/let u get more badges? The description for the new demo left me a bit confused

Last edited:

Phantom Phoenix

Lost on the road of life
    Years
    • Age 27
    • ???
    • Seen Jul 1, 2020
    Wow.Can say it is a Great demo even though haven't played it yet. I am really looking forward to try 100 ways to battle.
    Glad you are still hacking Skeli. Good luck

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • YES! Been refreshing the page for a while in anticipation :') Congrats on the demo release!
    Thank you! I hope you enjoy it!

does the new release only give u access to the battle tower or does it further the plot/let u get more badges? The description for the new demo left me a bit confused
    Just the Battle Tower. The Battle Tower was next in the list of places I needed to do, so I wanted to tackle it first. But now I plan to resume working on the story.

Wow.Can say it is a Great demo even though haven't played it yet. I am really looking forward to try 100 ways to battle.
    Glad you are still hacking Skeli. Good luck
    Thank you! I'm glad to see you're also still around!

UPDATE
    I've updated the Battle Tower Demo to V1.0.1. The update includes various bug fixes. The link in the main post has been updated.

Years
  • Not sure if you fixed this on V.1.0.1 but I was playing V.1.0.0 demo and found a bug that-
    I started with little cup, I had party with Level 5 mons and battles were supposed to be level 5 as well instead both my mons and the trainer's mons was level 50. Afterwards, when I changed option and then again choose the little cup then now my mons are level 50 (during battle) but the opponent' mons are level 5. This does not seem to affect on other battle modes.

Anyway I am really impressed so far and really pushes the boundaries of gba capabilities! Except for the font, this nowhere feels like playing firered anymore :) [I really hate everything of firered to begin with from dumb AI to graphics]

Only few thing I would like to suggest few optional stuff like-
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

PublicEnemyOne

Fan of the fixer-upper hacks, and the unique hacks
    Years
  • My favorite part of this new Battle Tower is that you have the option to USE higher-tier legendary Pokemon. Sure, the mode won't let you fight the Battle Tower Master unless you are on standard mode, but it's still cool nonetheless.

One thing that always bugged me about catching legendaries is that since it's so lategame, you don't really have much to do with them. For instance, Pokemon HGSS. You catch Mewtwo after you collect all 8 badges of Kanto. Well, this basically means you only have Red to go before beating the game. Sure, there are rematches, but they are still pretty underleveled compared to your Pokemon. Some of us just want to battle our legendaries on a more even playing field. But NOPE! We can only use lesser legendaries and normal Pokemon in official games, as well as most hacks. I say that's BULLSHIT. I caught God fair and square, I deserve to actually use him!

And that's why I love this Battle Tower. It uses Smogon tiers, so it's a lot easier to customize.The best part is that this will be retained on the full game.

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • Not sure if you fixed this on V.1.0.1 but I was playing V.1.0.0 demo and found a bug that...
    Yup, this was fixed in 1.0.1.

Anyway I am really impressed so far and really pushes the boundaries of gba capabilities! Except for the font, this nowhere feels like playing firered anymore :) [I really hate everything of firered to begin with from dumb AI to graphics]
    Thank you! I really wanted to make this seem nothing like the game it was based on (other than the FR font which I prefer).

Removing the weather animation during battle but use the text which gen8 trailer showed it. That will vastly speed up battles especially random encounters.
    What do you mean by this? As far as I'm aware, in the later generations an end turn weather message was only removed because the weather animation played constantly in battle. Is this no longer the case in Gen 8?

Another thing is removing opponent's health bar during major battles (or maybe if you can implement totem like battles as seen in gen7) and we will only the level and maybe add ??? on the health bar. that will make the battles more challenging and interesting.
    Totem battles are in. I don't think I'm going to go the route of hiding the opponent's healthbar, though.

exclusive custom terrain moves. some may add new challenge to the player and we cant use it.
    Most likely I won't do this. I only added in a couple custom moves and only because I deemed it necessary.

Like seen in Lets go Pika/Eve, we can catch legendaries only after defeating them first.
    Any legendaries encountered through the main story are not capturable at first. For any other legendaries it wouldn't make sense to use that capture mechanic as capturing Pokemon is entirely different in LGPE.

add difficult modes- normal or hard. Hard difficulty include like forced set battles, no items during battles.
    That's in. Right now it's mainly just a better AI for harder modes, but I like the idea of forcing battles to be set and making items unusable.

Thank you for the ideas!

My favorite part of this new Battle Tower...
    I'm glad you enjoyed it!

UPDATE
    I've updated the Battle Tower Demo to V1.0.3. The update includes various bug fixes. The link in the main post has been updated.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2022
    ohhhhh my heart i saw a secondary download link and my heart stopped as i screamed in joy.So will we be able to patch this over when the game is fully done to keep the hoopa or it is just for the battle tower?

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • I just want to say that I've alresy to clocked in 10 hours in thr battle tower demo and I'm having a great time. This demo honestly feels like what a stadium remake on the Gameboy advance would have felt like. I finally got my silver cup in the Battle tower standard mode and now I'm working through the Smogon OU! Thank you Skeli and team!

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2022
    Hi i would like to report a bug. By default Z move on a pokemon and mega evolution on another pokemon is suppose to work right? I noticed that after i use a Z move on a pokemon (E.g Dragonium Z Latios), when i switch to another pokemon and try to mega evolve (E.g Garchomp with Garchompite), the mega icon is displayed but i cant activate it. BUT there is no issue if I do it the other way round. Does anyone has the same issue?

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • ohhhhh my heart i saw a secondary download link and my heart stopped as i screamed in joy.So will we be able to patch this over when the game is fully done to keep the Hoopa or it is just for the battle tower?
    It's supposed to be just for the Battle Tower. That being said, I didn't disable link trades so you could always send over the Hoopa that way if you really wanted to. And funny enough, even though it's not meant to compatible with the full release, loading your save file from the demo for the full release would work, it would just mess up the gameplay since you're not supposed to start at the Battle Tower. I will likely be placing a roadblock or something of the sort outside of the Battle Tower that is only disabled through the actual story mode to avoid this issue.

I just want to say that I've already to clocked in 10 hours in the battle tower demo and I'm having a great time. This demo honestly feels like what a stadium remake on the Gameboy advance would have felt like. I finally got my silver cup in the Battle tower standard mode and now I'm working through the Smogon OU! Thank you Skeli and team!
    You're welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed it! There are more features on the way (such as Multi Battles) once everything seems to work reasonably well, so be ready for that too.

Hi i would like to report a bug. By default Z move on a pokemon and mega evolution on another pokemon is suppose to work right? I noticed that after i use a Z move on a pokemon (E.g Dragonium Z Latios), when i switch to another pokemon and try to mega evolve (E.g Garchomp with Garchompite), the mega icon is displayed but i cant activate it. BUT there is no issue if I do it the other way round. Does anyone has the same issue?
    I couldn't recreate this. I've added it to the list of bugs in the Discord server. Which emulator do you use?

UPDATE
    I've updated the Battle Tower Demo yet again with even more bug fixes! This time I believe I have removed the last game-breaking bug, meaning this is the first (most-likely) completely stable release.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Question, is the Battle Tower Demo solely the Battle Tower, or does it include the full game? I just want to play through the story and experience the hack through it, so I was wondering which to download.

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
    Years
  • Weak armor is also triggered by special moves (it shouldn't), and crashed when the foe reaches maximum speed

Last edited:

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • Weak armor is also triggered by special moves (it shouldn't), and crashed when the foe reaches maximum speed
    Fixed in the latest version.

Im using MyBoy.
    Are you able to contact me on Discord so we can discuss this more, please?

UPDATE
    V1.0.6 is out with more bug fixes. Additionally, if anyone is interested in submitting creative spreads to be featured in the game, please fill out this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...L-HJgNqNq_wgC_wEeFUNIzbg/viewform?usp=sf_link.

Back