• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Hi. Is there a fix for RTC? I am playing on VBA. But could use other emulators if needed.

EDIT: No$Gba works fine :)

Glad your problem was fixed
    For vba go to options then emulator and turn on real time clock

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    HI, i love this game and i have been playing it since saw its gameplay
    on Youtube ,but i have already completed the game and beaten all the elite four members and the defended my title as Champion in all difficulty modes
    but nowadays i am seeing that my party Pokemon is infected by pokerus and mystery portals are coming again .
    developer Skeli can u PLZZ CARIFY IT FOR ME .IT WILL MUCH APPRECIATED from me if u could do that . plzz reply

Pokerus is a positive thing, if that's what you're asking. It's about four times more uncommon than a shiny. It will boost your 'Mons EV yield to 2x while you have it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2021
    i need a way to play this via eclipse without issues. 😩😩 can mommy(eclipse) and daddy(unbound) stop fighting fighting so us ios users can have the full experience? we already lost out on fortnite, pleasssssse. 😢

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I hope they add more trainers or rivals to fight with, besides battlefrontier.. also a new region would be a good idea..😁

N

Play Online Multiplayer GBA Emulator: Multigba S
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Is there a discord for this hack?
    Is there a way later in the game to change EVs/IVs/Nature?

There is a discord but I don't know the link.

Change EV using consumable items like protein, calcium, etc, and training items like power band, anklet, etc is what I know, also there's an EV maxer in battle frontier for 50BP. There's also EV reducing berry both in BF and Fallshore.

IV maxer needs a bottle cap in BF, while I'm not sure where's IV reducer.

Nature changer are in both BF for 50BP and in Tehl town for 50k.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2021
    can u please explain where Necrozoma s two forms and Kyrem s form changer ang how to get gigantamax powder
    plzz it would be much appreciated .

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Hey y'all, two quick questions:

1. Is Guard Spec. supposed to prevent stat reductions during a raid battle / from Max attacks?
    I was battling Darkrai (severely underleveled :/ ) during the first mission battle, and Max Darkness ignored it.

2. Does the Dusk Ball work as intended?
    I know it's a small sample size, but I went after some legendaries, which were all at 5% or lower, paralyzed, and took lots of Balls.
    (E.g. Regice, in cave, ~40 Dusk Balls failed, 1st try Timer Ball; Uxie, after 10pm, ~25th Dusk Ball succeeded; Mesprit, also after 10pm, ~55 stubborn Dusk Balls failed, 1st try Timer Ball)

Tbh, I feel like I'm probably just unlucky, and since money is no issue, it's not a big problem either.
    Nonetheless, I figured I just ask or give a heads up.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    2. Does the Dusk Ball work as intended?
    I know it's a small sample size, but I went after some legendaries, which were all at 5% or lower, paralyzed, and took lots of Balls.
    (E.g. Regice, in cave, ~40 Dusk Balls failed, 1st try Timer Ball; Uxie, after 10pm, ~25th Dusk Ball succeeded; Mesprit, also after 10pm, ~55 stubborn Dusk Balls failed, 1st try Timer Ball)

Tbh, I feel like I'm probably just unlucky, and since money is no issue, it's not a big problem either.
    Nonetheless, I figured I just ask or give a heads up.

Nvm, I seem to be just unlucky, just as I assumed from the sample size. I caught a Moltres at probably 30% with a single Dusk Ball, then again, other legendaries required 40-50 Dusk Balls and 10-20 Timer Balls. None of that too frustrating. (Except for Electric types, those either need to be starved of their recoil moves so they don't kill themselves before they inevitably Struggle and do it anyway, or a lot of reloading)
    This, however, makes for some comedic fights, as a Zeraora can't beat an underleveled Pachirisu due to Volt Absorb and you get infinite throws.

But, as others have already noticed, there is a really frustrating quirk with the battle AI of the advanced trainer classes.
    They outright cheat.
    They choose the right move according to the Pokémon you switch to, mid-turn.
    I play on Difficult (I'm mostly a casual), and others have reported this on Expert or Insane.
    But effectively mind reading you 100% of the time on the casual difficulties makes no sense and is really frustrating.

I also play on Semi-Shift (switching without seeing the opponents Pokémon), so it makes for the most sensible fights for me, but I rarely switch anyway unless I really want to save one Pokémon for later.
    This, combined with a mostly itemless style, is the most logical and fun way for me.

If anyone wants to test this for themselves, use save states and a severely lopsided team e.g. against an Ace Trainer. Begin the battle, save before switching to an obvious wall. Reload, switch to obvious bait. Retry with another wall/bait and watch your opponent choose accordingly without having different information.
    To reiterate, this happens mid-turn, so the RNG doesn't vary, which is seeded upon the start of the battle anyway.
    And while you could argue, this could work as anti-cheat on higher difficulties, this is a flawed mechanic.

I really appreciate the work that went into the hack, let me not understate that. I'm absolutely impressed by hacks nowadays. I also rarely play Pokémon anymore and I am very picky choosing hacks.
    Needless to say, this is the single best hack I have played so far. So it's maybe a personal thing that this mechanic irritates me in playing this otherwise awesome piece of work.

Should you have read this whole rant, I appreciate the attention, and I hope someone looks into it and maybe it even had sparked consideration.

Regardless, as I had my fair share of a good time with this hack, maybe it even improves for someone like me in the future.

Thanks again for all the effort and work poured into Unbound and have a nice day.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Nvm, I seem to be just unlucky, just as I assumed from the sample size. I caught a Moltres at probably 30% with a single Dusk Ball, then again, other legendaries required 40-50 Dusk Balls and 10-20 Timer Balls. None of that too frustrating. (Except for Electric types, those either need to be starved of their recoil moves so they don't kill themselves before they inevitably Struggle and do it anyway, or a lot of reloading)
    This, however, makes for some comedic fights, as a Zeraora can't beat an underleveled Pachirisu due to Volt Absorb and you get infinite throws.

But, as others have already noticed, there is a really frustrating quirk with the battle AI of the advanced trainer classes.
    They outright cheat.
    They choose the right move according to the Pokémon you switch to, mid-turn.
    I play on Difficult (I'm mostly a casual), and others have reported this on Expert or Insane.
    But effectively mind reading you 100% of the time on the casual difficulties makes no sense and is really frustrating.

I also play on Semi-Shift (switching without seeing the opponents Pokémon), so it makes for the most sensible fights for me, but I rarely switch anyway unless I really want to save one Pokémon for later.
    This, combined with a mostly itemless style, is the most logical and fun way for me.

If anyone wants to test this for themselves, use save states and a severely lopsided team e.g. against an Ace Trainer. Begin the battle, save before switching to an obvious wall. Reload, switch to obvious bait. Retry with another wall/bait and watch your opponent choose accordingly without having different information.
    To reiterate, this happens mid-turn, so the RNG doesn't vary, which is seeded upon the start of the battle anyway.
    And while you could argue, this could work as anti-cheat on higher difficulties, this is a flawed mechanic.

I really appreciate the work that went into the hack, let me not understate that. I'm absolutely impressed by hacks nowadays. I also rarely play Pokémon anymore and I am very picky choosing hacks.
    Needless to say, this is the single best hack I have played so far. So it's maybe a personal thing that this mechanic irritates me in playing this otherwise awesome piece of work.

Should you have read this whole rant, I appreciate the attention, and I hope someone looks into it and maybe it even had sparked consideration.

Regardless, as I had my fair share of a good time with this hack, maybe it even improves for someone like me in the future.

Thanks again for all the effort and work poured into Unbound and have a nice day.

I think the ai makes a guess on what you do based on your typing and their weakness

It's probably luck

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I think the ai makes a guess on what you do based on your typing and their weakness

It's probably luck

That's how it should be, and I assumed that for the longest time until I looked further into it.
    Actually, they seem to never expect a switch, even if you expose an obvious (Smeargle) Baton Pass setup.

The point I was trying to make is, you can reload the very same turn (using save states) and they act accordingly and adaptive. You see, they are given the exact same circumstances, and no matter what you do, they "predict" the correct move. They don't choose their move before you switch, they do afterwards.
    To get a better picture of it (and this example is completely made up for demonstration purposes):
    Imagine you are about to use Destiny Bond, it is like the opponent chooses their attack after you executed Destiny Bond and uses a status move. If you would reload and didn't use it, they would KO you.
    Again, this is a made up example to clarify what I mean.

Thanks for reading, though, I appreciate any input. I hope to be proven wrong, but tbh, all evidence confirms my assumption...

Years
    • Seen today

It's probably luck

Certainly not luck or guess. The CFRU AI is actually "too good" (yup, it cheats) at times. Like after a double KO, it will choose its next Pokémon after you choose yours. Or when a Pokémon that has Taunt will use Taunt first if it detects that your Pokémon has at least one status move, but won't use it if your Pokémon has only direct damage moves. So it can accurately read and detect certain things that a human brain wouldn't.

It's a small price to pay for a competent AI I guess, and obviously way better than fighting totally dumb trainers.

Back