• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Poke Radar Shiny Method. ((Read Hole Top Post Before Attempting this Method!))

How is this Method

• Cool. I'm going to Use it.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • I'll try it out.

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • Stupid. Why post this?

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters

fireflystorm

shsl loser
Years
  • Darn, I didn't actually know that about resetting. Anyway, I have terrible luck with PokeRadar chaining. Got a chain of 33 Bidoofs, never did find a shiny. Alas.

... Shhh. Shiny Bidoof is important to me.

Years
  • Darn, I didn't actually know that about resetting. Anyway, I have terrible luck with PokeRadar chaining. Got a chain of 33 Bidoofs, never did find a shiny. Alas.

Shiny Bidoof... I met one, when I started my game on Diamond.

Wow, shiny, how lucky right? Yeah, but I didn't have any Pokeballs yet... :_: (And he knocked out my starter too!)

Anyways, good luck with your chaining guys, it needs a looot of patience, but it's a good way to obtain shinies, if you get the hang of it, I guess.

Last edited:

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    Technically you can, but I'm not sure how long it would take you to make a shiny appear that way.

And you have to be careful, since sometimes, the music stops and the chain breaks by itself, maybe when you reset too much, I'm not sure.

It happened twice to me and it was very discouraging. However, the patch of grass I was in wasn't very big, maybe that was also one of the reasons. (I was chaining Goomy in the Swamp)

Hmm alright thanks for the info.

I realise Masuda Method is probably the most reliable way to get a shiny, especially if you want to actually use it in battles (can control natures, stats, etc.). But this is a neat thing to say you've accomplished at least once, I guess.

...thank Goomy.

Haha Goomy is a thing now? I would have figured Bidoof, his status after Joey's Rattata is almost legendary

Anyone who doesn't understand why it would be important simply lacks the refined taste necessary to understand Bidoof's charm.

Bidoof4Prez2016!

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    For those interested in the dilemma of whether to stop and reset the chain before 40, I have statistics based on generation 4:

Poke Radar Shiny Method. ((Read Hole Top Post Before Attempting this Method!))

Using the following equation, even a 39 chain halves the 1/200 chance to a 1/400 chance. Stopping at a 30 chain makes the odds approximately ~1/2128. Is it worth it to go to 40? You decide haha. Again, I'm not sure if the mechanics have changed, especially with the music factor, but the 1/200 is still justified by the equation, so I don't see why not.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • This the formula Serebii has (not sure if it's updated or not) Chance = (14747 - 40*ChainNumber)/2621440(41-ChainNumber)

Now imagine how easier it'll be to find a shiny if the Shiny Charm is in these games after we get to transfer all of our Pokemon over from the past generations to fill the national dex.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2013
    Shiny bidoof lol :p Getting shinys is awesome but when its a bidoof sadface appears

Years
  • I might try it out some day. I want a shiny Skiddo and I think it'd be fun to use this method instead of MM. :) Thanks for sharing!

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Got a shiny Skiddo within 20 or so Max repels after hitting a streak of 40. Couldn't get another one in another 50 max repels and 20 or so super repels. Something seems awry, but whatever, got a three 31 IV Skiddo, so that's good enough for me.

Years
  • What if you encounter a shiny and continue the chain? Is it possible to get several shinies during one chain? Or is a chain restricted to only 1 shiny?

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • This is very helpful! I will be sure to do this when I beat the Elite Four, and share it with my friends! ^^

And thank you, LoudSilence, for that link!

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Apparently this method won't work for finding a wild Eevee. All of the yellow grass they are located in is too narrow :(

bluestars83

Your friendly neighborhood Ace Trainer :)
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 6, 2016
    Caught me my first shiny using this method today. A shiny Pancham. I got it on a chain of 9. I mixed it up with the change of music too, when it changes just reset your radar without going into shaking grass. Can only reset like times max or so i've read about. I reset it once after hearing the music and then a shiny patch of grass showed up, entered it and there was my Pancham. I really wanna get a shiny Croagunk though or Flabebe, but no such luck yet :(

Back