• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeCommunity Minecraft Server - Join the fun!

Will you be a part of the PokeCommunity Minecraft experience?

• Heck yeah!

Votes: 73 97.3%
  • Minecraft's for little kids, pfff no!

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    After dying no less than three times trying (and failing) to put a zombie in the dungeon, I'm just gonna give up on that and call my house finished too. :P

What time are you guys judging? There's something I need to get ready like right before you guys go in.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I'm not going to be on for a couple days, lightning storm knocked out my dsl modem. It worked, sorta, for the past couple of days but it was constantly dropping connection every so often, though reconnecting fast enough for the issues to appear like a massive lag spike. Modem went out completely last night.

I'm using a satellite connection right now but the ping is extremely high so online games of any kind are pretty much undoable.

Also, I had chickens. I had them in one of my farms, but got rid of em since I decided to make the next two underground levels just for animals. I've got a few stacks of eggs in my inventory though, so next time I'm on I'll finish another level and start farming additional eggs for anyone interested.

Edit - Tried getting on to put the eggs where someone could get them, but the lag was a lot worse then I was expecting.
    I'LL TAKE THE EGGS

idk much about what's going down with map naming but that lake in front of my house is called the Pool of Nightmares jsyk

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    Before the place got lit up, monsters frequently spawned in it. Or got trapped in it. Numerous monsters. Most of them creepers.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Reasoning behind the name? Just curious.

Before the place got lit up, monsters frequently spawned in it. Or got trapped in it. Numerous monsters. Most of them creepers.
    yeah that

i would look out the door in the morning and there would be literally five creepers staring at me every time
    and ofc that was before creeper land damage was turned off

edit sry: i also already have a personal flag for my house and other areas so

Years
    I made a post but it got buried in the last page so maybe nobody saw it. But I'd really appreciate some feedback ^^

I think we should rename C River Klippica. If you look at it from above (from the map), it looks more like a swelling in the river than a lake. We can call my castle "Citadel-on-the-Klippica" or "The Citadel" for short, the name's got an old-fashioned ring to it. We can give it Q.

As for L here are some suggestions:

"The Transklippican March"
    "Transklippican Fields"
    "The March"

I dunno, not too creative atm.

EDIT: so in addition to "Citadel-on-the-Klippica" I'm also considering "Citadel-on-the-river" and "Kanzler Hall".

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    My entry is complete. I have named it Necrum's Creepy Crypt.

Oh, Klippy, could you replace the Podzol in back of mine? I dug it up to try something but I didn't like it and now there's just dirt there.

Absolutely, buddy!

After dying no less than three times trying (and failing) to put a zombie in the dungeon, I'm just gonna give up on that and call my house finished too. :P

What time are you guys judging? There's something I need to get ready like right before you guys go in.

I can do it for you - just tell me where. :)

And whenever Matt and I are both available tomorrow. If we aren't available together, we will judge them separately.

So all contestants know our criteria for judging:

All results are on a scale of one to five, five being the highest possible score per category and twenty five being the highest total score.

SPOOKINESS: Overall ambiance of the haunted house. Presentation is key here.
    CREATIVITY: When compared to the sample haunted house (somewhat generic), how does the contestant's haunted house rank against it in terms of overall creativity? That unique flair the specific user brings to the table.
    USE OF BLOCKS: Being given pre-set blocks and using them effectively is key to a good score here. Some of you opted to use your own blocks (this is fine), but the key to scoring well in this category is whether or not your blocks flow well and create something hauntingly good.
    USE OF SCENERY: Many items/blocks were distributed to you, such as oak leaves, flower pots, cauldrons, and even a skeleton skull. The effective use of these amplifiers will net you points in this category.
    THAT CREEPY SOMETHIN': What YOU brought to the table in overall creepiness. Perhaps it's including some skulls bought at the Skull Emporium to effectively freak us out, a disturbing backstory tucked into a nice book to read before entering the property, or even just taking a step back and viewing the property as a truly effective haunted house.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Would the area in between F and I be considered part of J?

Yeah, I would say that the entire forest is a singular area.

I think we should rename C River Klippica. If you look at it from above (from the map), it looks more like a swelling in the river than a lake. We can call my castle "Citadel-on-the-Klippica" or "The Citadel" for short, the name's got an old-fashioned ring to it. We can give it Q.

As for L here are some suggestions:

"The Transklippican March"
    "Transklippican Fields"
    "The March"

I dunno, not too creative atm.

EDIT: so in addition to "Citadel-on-the-Klippica" I'm also considering "Citadel-on-the-river" and "Kanzler Hall".

(Sorry, I am terrible with Minecraft names and who they are on PC) You're Pork, right?

I accept the reclassification of Lake Klippica to a river, but I prefer calling it the Klippippiyyi River. ;D

I'm good with Spruce Heights for S, and probably Lake Leijuno for M just so they're not both spruce-related names.

And I have a suggestion - I highly recommend turning on Peaceful mode during the judging of the haunted houses for your own safety - a couple of us have purposely left our houses rather dark for the ambience and hostile mobs spawn in there all the time.

Sounds good!

And that's the plan. :)

Anyway, if it's the same forest, it should be named Mudomo Forest. Mudomo being one of the tribes that were buried in Necrum. :D

(b'-')b I'm good with that as long as nearby residents are as well. I think there's a few of us.

I'LL TAKE THE EGGS

idk much about what's going down with map naming but that lake in front of my house is called the Pool of Nightmares jsyk

*smacks gavel* The pond in front of spawn will now and henceforth be known as The Pool of Nightmares, under point of interest U, as U is the most terrifying letter of the alphabet.

Years
    That castle overlooking Detroit by the Klippippiyyi should henceforth be known as Citadel-on-the-Klippippiyyi xD

Yeah I'm Pork.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I second Spruce Heights and Lake Leijuno :3

Btw Juno, we should totes modernize Spruce Heights and make like a little modern park of some sorts! I'll go ahead and make a gate to Spruce Heights, which will be near my house, and the Skull Emporium. And maybe you can *spruce* up Lake Leijuno? #badpun #worthit

welsknight

That Youtuber Guy
    Years
    I second Spruce Heights and Lake Leijuno :3

Btw Juno, we should totes modernize Spruce Heights and make like a little modern park of some sorts! I'll go ahead and make a gate to Spruce Heights, which will be near my house, and the Skull Emporium. And maybe you can *spruce* up Lake Leijuno? #badpun #worthit

Good god, bad puns.

You make me want to log off of my computer and go read a book instead.

Hmmm... now that I think about it... that's a novel idea. In fact, I think I'm gonna go to my recliner. I hope it's not already booked.

#badpuns #keepitgoing

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    We're most likely going to need to judge separately. Real life problems are sucking up most of my time at the moment, so I'm not going to be able to hop onto the server until late, late tonight. If anyone needs to do some last minute details to put in for one of us - like Juno needs to - than I'd approach Klippy about it. I'm going to be out of commission for most of the day.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I have finished judging every entry except Leijon's. She's still working on it, as far as I know.

Currently one person is a single point in the lead. Two of you are tied for second. Another person is third and a final entry received zero points.

El Heroe can PM me his scores later today/tomorrow and the totals will determine our winners. :)

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    You know what, judge mine already. I wont have time to edit it and I only just built it for the formality. I know I wont win anyways so go

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    And maybe you can *spruce* up Lake Leijuno?

Shore, I can definitively do that. Water your thoughts on building something like a fishing/boat dock there?

Good god, bad puns.

/implying there are good puns

..Anyway! I finished and alphabetized the directory - I had a bit of trouble figuring out who was who when I first joined the server, so I think this would help future new members (and possibly confused current members).

This should be everyone, the active and the inactive, but let me know if you don't see your name or if there are any mistakes, either in names or tier BBcoding.
    Spoiler:

And here it is unparsed, in case you want to paste it in the OP, Matt. :)
    Spoiler:

welsknight

That Youtuber Guy
    Years
    If I have a chance later tonight, I might do a little terraforming/landscaping. maybe a waterfall near my house and a river that runs towards the town. Any ideas?

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Mhmm, it will be done later today. I had to spend most of last night applying to a bunch of co-op jobs (!!!) so I didn't have anytime to jump on the server to judge. Git ready to git your houses grilled though latahz.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back