• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeCommunity Minecraft Server - Join the fun!

Will you be a part of the PokeCommunity Minecraft experience?

• Heck yeah!

Votes: 73 97.3%
  • Minecraft's for little kids, pfff no!

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

doge

???
Years
  • I'd be totally down with resetting the server, a fresh start is always nice! I'll try and see if I can squeeze in some time to play whenever that happens!

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • I'd be fine with a reset - I've got a idea for a new house anyway, it's not going to fit in my little bit of land, and I don't really feel like building away from town.

Also, second getting rid of the mountains.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • 200x200 isn't that small if we increased the world border by 5 blocks every day. It would definitely prevent us from lagging out the server/adding unnecessary crap to the server. I think that's a benefit in itself. Beyond that, I prefer us being close because I personally like seeing everyone running about town doing their business.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Is it possible to actually control the biomes in which you are in?

We can research seeds to start our world out at. So we could find a seed for a world that has five-six biomes all very close together. I don't necessarily want them all available from the get-go though, because then if someone wants a swamp for vines/lilypads, they will have motivation to come check out the server often to ensure they get to the swamp. :)

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • 200x200 isn't that small if we increased the world border by 5 blocks every day. It would definitely prevent us from lagging out the server/adding unnecessary crap to the server. I think that's a benefit in itself. Beyond that, I prefer us being close because I personally like seeing everyone running about town doing their business.
    Nah I do like the idea and I would like everyone to have a house in town. Maybe put a max width on them though tbh because we have a lot of people about to cluster into a tiny area to start with. I'm really just worried that if the size is restricted too much then it will be chaos.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • I'd think 200x200 would be a bit small, same for the increase.

Though it really depends on just how many intend to play. We've got a decent amount of people playing sure, but how many of them are regulars?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Even if people aren't regulars, they still gonna have a house, aren't they? I can think of fourteen off the top of my head who have houses in the current world and I'm probably forgetting people.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Are we talking about 200 blocks or 200 chunks? I'm fine with resetting, even though it's kinda sad after I got my home all together already. And I lose my Pumpkin farm :( Just before October lame.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • We can get on the first day and make some plots. Also consider that 200x200 is actually 200 by 200 by -200 by -200, as far as I know. So it's about DOUBLE what you're thinking. 500x500 would then be even bigger. The idea is to keep us all in a fairly confined, but still large space to build and construct an awesome spawn town. Trust me on this: the size is bigger than you think it is. It'll be more than enough to start and if we expand 5x5 blocks a day, even bigger within a week. I think we need to end the expansion at 1000x1000 though because that's huge and we wouldn't even get to that in a long time.

Also: Wherever the real spawn is needs to be the center of town so when newbies log on, they spawn on a beautiful town center. :)

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • We can get on the first day and make some plots. Also consider that 200x200 is actually 200 by 200 by -200 by -200, as far as I know. So it's about DOUBLE what you're thinking. 500x500 would then be even bigger. The idea is to keep us all in a fairly confined, but still large space to build and construct an awesome spawn town. Trust me on this: the size is bigger than you think it is. It'll be more than enough to start and if we expand 5x5 blocks a day, even bigger within a week. I think we need to end the expansion at 1000x1000 though because that's huge and we wouldn't even get to that in a long time.

Also: Wherever the real spawn is needs to be the center of town so when newbies log on, they spawn on a beautiful town center. :)

oh I was thinking in dimensions not coords. That's def big enough then haha. I suppose if we do ever feel like 1000^2 is too small we can expand from that but... it shouldnt be for a long time. and i guess if it is that big we shouldn't need to restrict house sizes too much? like nothing ridiculous built in town ofc but big buildings should still be fine

Matthew

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2015
    So it seems we are all (mostly) in agreement for a restart with a world border?

I searched around for seeds with multiple biomes fairly close to each other near spawn

SEED 1: 4031384495743822299
    SEED 2: -1612847758
    SEED 3: Minecraft Forever

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I'd be fine with updating to 1.8 and doing a reset. I much prefer 1.8 over 1.7. We will have a completely new world, right? If I can make a suggestion, would it be possible to make the biomes smaller than they are in the current Verdanturf?

Also I can restart my flag project :D

How bout make an Embassy? I was planning to do that for awhile, and you can put all of the flags in like one garden or maybe inside? And for future villages when Verdanturf expands, we can like put an official base or so for decorations?

Personally, I've been extremely busy this last week or so. Hence my inactivity on the server. But I am definitely ready to play.

For more info on the world border.

The idea would be that we use the world border to slowly add more land to the server. We begin by only having a set area (say, 200x200 or so) that increases by 3-5 blocks a day. There are ways to do this and I know for a fact that we can in vanilla Minecraft.

The purpose of this would be to keep all of us in a small area and build up a nice city. As the world border advances out, we can discover new biomes, blocks, dungeons, etc. By doing so slowly, we keep people from lagging the server by going super far out and adding needless data to our world.

Eventually the idea would be that the world border stops at a certain point (for an idea, perhaps 1000x1000). It prevents us from, once again, going too far or lagging the server worse. Plus it makes it easier for our members (new and old) to interact with everyone else.

Trust may not be easy, but if we set rules out on here for being able to join AND on the server, I hope we can get past any issues with theft. Beyond that, it just comes down to respecting others. Not everyone will, so we'll just have to be careful with who comes on and make there be a post-limit perhaps.

Wait, is whitelisting available in 1.8? If that is the case, then there shouldn't be any problem, other than trust issues. If you want, just make a secret room filled with obsidian walls, and just make a secret path to it where no one knows.

Anyways +1 really want a 1.8 restart. I love those spruce fence gates, armor stands, and such :3

Matthew

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2015
    Code:
    /worldborder center [x] [z] 

x and z of our spawn point (no brackets)

/worldborder set [diameter of the initial border box]

/worldborder set [maximum size of our final border] [how long to reach the max size in seconds]

We want something like 3 hours per block (each side)? Or more for a longer experience

60 * 60 * 3=10,800 seconds per block. We multiply that with the difference between the initial radius and the new, max radius. 10,800 * difference = total seconds to reach the new diameter which we put in the last command ([how long to reach the max size in seconds]).

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    All of my yes's on the (slowly) expanding world border! Hopefully no one would hog all the limited resources :p

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • The idea of the slow border also benefits us in that if resources are taken, soon after, there will be new landscapes to explore and find more! But I really hope everyone is respectful enough not to hog a ton of resources, like clay or sand.

I think I said this already: It really just comes down to respecting each other and the server. Matt could just shut it down, but he's been trying to make it safe and fun for us all. We ought to respect his server, his money, and his time.

But it sounds like most of us want the world border, which is good! It'll be an entirely unique experience for us all, different from the usual Minecraft experience. I think we all ought to contribute to building a fun town square for our new members to spawn into, so there can be all sorts of fun projects we do when creating this brand new city!

But that means we need a new name for the city. ;) Verdanturf ought to retire with the current map and respawn as an entirely new place when the new map begins.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • Eh, we'll figure out the name whenever we find out what biome we're starting on.

Though, before we switch over to a new world I'd like to burn my old house down. Because fire, yay!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back