• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Birthsigns

Years
    • Seen today
    Minor Update 6/16/20: More Sign Changes & Fixes
    I know, yet another update to install. I promise this is the last one for now unless a significant bug or something is brought to my attention. This update is really just to finish off a lot of minor things I never got around to in the last big update.

Updates:
    Spoiler:

The only scripts that have had changes made to them are Birthsigns_Core, Birthsigns_Effects, and Birthsigns_Journal. So you only need to resinstall those scripts for this update.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2022
    Hi, I recently installed the latest version of the script, but when I try to open the game, I get the following error.
    Spoiler:

It is not by name, with Birthsigns_Core it also fails.
    I have installed the script as the instructions say, above Main over Debug_Menu. What's wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Years
    • Seen today
    Hi, I recently installed the latest version of the script, but when I try to open the game, I get the following error.
    Spoiler:

It is not by name, with Birthsigns_Core it also fails.
    I have installed the script as the instructions say, above Main over Debug_Menu. What's wrong?

Thanks in advance.

I've never seen this error before. Try starting a new game though, I have a feeling that might fix it. If the error prevents you from doing so, try deleting your save data, then restart.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2022
    This is the code that I have placed.
    Spoiler:

Try deleting the externally saved file, as the error jumps as soon as the script loads. When he did, he sent me to line 106, where is this:
    def pbSwapZodiac (setnum)
    $ PokemonGlobal.setZodiac0 if setnum == 0
    $ PokemonGlobal.setZodiac1 if setnum == 1
    $ PokemonGlobal.setZodiac2 if setnum == 2
    $ PokemonGlobal.setZodiac3 if setnum == 3
    $ PokemonGlobal.setZodiac4 if setnum == 4
    $ PokemonGlobal.setZodiac5 if setnum == 5
    $ PokemonGlobal.setZodiac6 if setnum == 6
    end <------ Line 106

I have installed the scripts of:
    Luka's Utilities
    Modular Menu
    FancyBadges
    Advanced Starter Selection
    BetterPokeCenters
    EVO DURING BATTLE

Besides I put the Birthsigns_Effects right after the core and followed, the Birthsigns_Events, Birthsigns_Journal and Birthsigns_ZodiacPower
    Essentials version is 17.2

Years
    • Seen today
    Code:
    ZODIACSET = 5+

This is probably your issue. You don't need the plus sign, just the number. I put "5+" in the comments to mean "5 and up" (5, 6, etc), not that you literally have to set it to "5+". Just write 5 or 6, depending on which custom set you're using.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2022
    In theory now it works, I only have a couple of problems with some moves, but I can fix that, thanks.
    I hope that no problems arise again, thank you.

By the way, is there a way to switch to Omega? I already have an omnipotent God form of Arceus and I would like to know if it is possible to replace it with another pokemon or with the form of arceus that I have already created.

Thanks for helping.

Years
    • Seen today
    In theory now it works, I only have a couple of problems with some moves, but I can fix that, thanks.
    I hope that no problems arise again, thank you.

By the way, is there a way to switch to Omega? I already have an omnipotent God form of Arceus and I would like to know if it is possible to replace it with another pokemon or with the form of arceus that I have already created.

Thanks for helping.

Omega works just like the other Celestials do, so if $game_switches[BOSS_SWITCH] is set to true and you initiate a battle against Arceus, it should automatically force it to spawn in its Omega form (form 30).

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2022
    So if I replace in Pokemon forms Arceus-30 with the Arceus that I created and the sprite in characters, would it not?

I'm really sorry to bother you with these kinds of questions.

Years
    • Seen today
    So if I replace in Pokemon forms Arceus-30 with the Arceus that I created and the sprite in characters, would it not?

I'm really sorry to bother you with these kinds of questions.

Sure, I don't see why not. If you replace the form 30 graphics, it'll display those instead when you initiate a battle with Omega. If you want to change Omega's name, the list of names for celestial bosses is found in the Birthsigns_Core script. If you want to change its battle attributes (Nature/EV/IV), you can do so under the "def pbCelestialBoss" section in the Birthsigns_Events script. If you want to change anything else, you can probably do so in the pokemonforms pbs file.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2022
    Thanks for helping.
    I'm really grateful to you
    By the way, there is a problem and that is that the graphics are a little out of place. I tell you in case it is a bug, if it is my problem, don't worry, I'll take care of it.
    And the script scene = BirthsignJournalScene.new
    It doesn't work, but it can be done from pokegear, so it's fine with me.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Thanks for helping.
    I'm really grateful to you
    By the way, there is a problem and that is that the graphics are a little out of place. I tell you in case it is a bug, if it is my problem, don't worry, I'll take care of it.
    And the script scene = BirthsignJournalScene.new
    It doesn't work, but it can be done from pokegear, so it's fine with me.
    Ah dang, I knew I forgot something. Yeah, I changed how the journal opens, but I forgot to add the code to open it. Just paste this at the bottom of the Journal script:
    Code:
    def pbOpenJournal
      pbFadeOutIn(99999){
        scene = BirthsignJournalScene.new
        screen = BirthsignJournalScreen.new(scene)
        screen.pbStartScreen
      }
    end

Now you can open the journal by just running "pbOpenJournal". Ill update this in the download link.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2022
    Excuse me, does the script change anything from PField_EncounterModifiers?
    Because before installing the new birth sign script, this script worked for me, it served to force Arceus to change form in a battle through a switch, to his God form.
    Spoiler:
    But now he does not change form to Arceus, he only gives him attacks and iv, (I suppose) but he remains in his first form, in the normal type.
    Do you know why this is?

Years
    • Seen today
    Excuse me, does the script change anything from PField_EncounterModifiers?
    Because before installing the new birth sign script, this script worked for me, it served to force Arceus to change form in a battle through a switch, to his God form.
    Spoiler:
    But now he does not change form to Arceus, he only gives him attacks and iv, (I suppose) but he remains in his first form, in the normal type.
    Do you know why this is?

My theory is that there's probably some kind of clash between your custom script and mine in regards to how Arceus spawns. I handled it in a very generic way in my script, since I wasn't really taking into consideration that people would have other forms of Arceus they'd want to initiate a battle against, so I'm guessing my script simply makes Arceus spawn in form 0 unless it's Omega. I feel like this is probably an easy fix.

Let's try this. In the Birthsigns_Event script, delete this bit of code under the list of Celestial Bosses:
    Code:
    # Allows Arceus to spawn with the omega form
    MultipleForms.register(:ARCEUS,{
    "getForm"=>proc{|pokemon|
        next 30 if pokemon.celestial==true
        next 0
    }
    })

Next, in your custom code, put this underneath pokemon.form=19 if $game_switches[FATEFUL_ENCOUNTER_SWITCH]
    Code:
    pokemon.form=30 if $game_switches[BOSS_SWITCH]

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2022
    I'm really sorry to bother you with this nonsense, and I hope it doesn't bother you ...

Forgive me, but I'm experiencing script problems again. I have tried to install the 6-8 gen abilities, and for this I had to change the PokeBattle_Battle, but it gave me errors, so I remembered that the Birthsigns also changes part of this, so I fixed it where it gave the error (Birthsigns_ZodiacPower), but it doesn't seem to work, I don't know how to fix the error, I've tried quite a few things.

What could be the mistake?
    This error is when entering battle.

Error log
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2022
    I'm really sorry to bother you with this nonsense, and I hope it doesn't bother you ...

Forgive me, but I'm experiencing script problems again. I have tried to install the 6-8 gen abilities, and for this I had to change the PokeBattle_Battle, but it gave me errors, so I remembered that the Birthsigns also changes part of this, so I fixed it where it gave the error (Birthsigns_ZodiacPower), but it doesn't seem to work, I don't know how to fix the error, I've tried quite a few things.

What could be the mistake?
    This error is when entering battle.

Error log
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2022
    hey, i managed to get into battle with a pokemon, but now i have the problem that it won't let me use the battle menu. I don't know why this is because there is no error or anything. I cannot enter the moves, the stock market, the party or run.
    I don't know why this is. Where in the code is this stored, and is it edited by the birthsigns?

Thanks in advance.

Years
    • Seen today
    Ok you made a lot of changes. It's sorta like finding a needle in the haystack when trying to determine a root cause when so many things were added. My advice would be to install and test one thing at a time, that way if there's an error it's obvious what's causing it. It seems like you implemented a lot of things that involve the fight menu - particularly the Ghost encounter thing. So that's probably where I'd start. Try removing that and troubleshooting. The Zodiac Powers script handles a lot of battle menu code, mostly just the display of the Zodiac Power Button in battle. If you're using Luka's EBS, remember that my compatibility script may also be a place where changes need to be made as far as the battle menu is concerned.

Also, the Birthsign_Effects script makes some small changes to the battle script; specifically in the defs "pbGainExpOne", "pbEndOfBattle" and "pbThrowPokeBall", so some of your changes may need to be applied here as well.

Personally, I would just start over with a fresh install of my scripts and then re-install your additions one by one and test.

Years
    • Seen today
    I already posted most of these in a different thread, but since this is directly related to birthsigns I should probably post this here too. These are just some abilities I created that utilize mechanics found in the birthsign scripts.

Gem Collector
    Effect: The Pokemon may collect Zodiac Gems occasionally.
    Notes: After a fight, the user has a chance of picking up a random Zodiac Gem. This functions similarly to abilities like Pick Up and Honey Gather.

Suggested Users: Staryu, Starmie, Nosepass, Probopass, Sableye, Lunatone, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Jirachi, Boldore, Gigalith, Drilbur, Excadrill, Carbink, Diancie, Necrozma, Carkol, Coalossal

Installation:
    Spoiler:

Lore Keeper
    Effect: Prevents the activation of Zodiac Powers.
    Notes: Whenever a Pokemon with this ability is on the field, all Pokemon must keep their Zodiac Gems and may not activate them to trigger Zodiac Powers (the button won't even show up).

Suggested Users: Ninetales, Alakazam, Hypno, A-Marowak, Mr. Mime, G-Mr. Mime, Mr. Rime, Jynx, Natu, Xatu, Umbreon, Slowking, Unown, Smeargle, Baltoy, Claydol, Duskull, Dusclops, Dusknoir, Relicanth, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Bronzor, Bronzong, Spiritomb, Uxie, Regigigas, Sigilyph, Yamask, G-Yamask, Co***rigus, Runerigus, Reuniclus, Beheeyem, Golett, Golurk, Klefki, Hoopa, Oranguru, Drampa, Stonjourner

Installation:
    Spoiler:

For the following three Abilities, you must first install this:
    In PokeBattle_Battler, somewhere under "Complex accessors", add this:
    Code:
    def birthsign
        return (@pokemon) ? @pokemon.birthsign : 0
      end

Astrologist
    Effect: Identifies the foe's birthsign upon entry.
    Notes: When the user is sent into battle, it reveals the birthsign of the opponents.

Suggested Users: Cleffa, Clefairy, Clefable, Golduck, Kadabra, Alakazam, M-Alakazam, Natu, Xatu, Espeon, Slowking, Stantler, Gardevoir, Meditite, Medicham, M-Medicham, Grumpig, Solrock, Absol, Latias, Latios, Jirachi, Mismagius, Mesprit, Audino, Sigilyph, Gothitelle, Beheeyem, Braixen, Delphox, Meowstic, Cosmog, Cosmoem

Installation:
    Spoiler:

Star Struck
    Effect: Foes with partner signs are infatuated or confused.
    Notes: When sent into battle, any opponent that shares a Partner sign with the user will become infatuated. If infatuation isn't possible, the foe will become confused instead.

Suggested Users: Cleffa, Clefairy, Clefable, Staryu, Starmie, Jynx, Ledian, Sunflora, Espeon, Gardevoir, Illumise, Solrock, Milotic, Luvdisc, Jirachi, Lopunny, Togekiss, Victini, Gothitelle, Aromatisse, Xerneas, Primarina, Salazzle, Tsareena, Solgaleo, Toxtricity

Installation:
    Spoiler:

Fateful Fight
    Effect: Powers up when fighting Pokémon with a rival sign.
    Notes: When battling a foe that shares a Rival sign with the user, any damage dealt by that foe to the user is reduced by 50%. In addition, any damage the user deals to that foe is increased by 50%. This ability is cancelled out if both Pokemon have this ability.

Suggested Users: Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Xatu, Umbreon, Celebi, Volbeat, Zangoose, Seviper, Absol, Spiritomb, Lucario, Gallade, Azelf, Throh, Sawk, Escavalier, Yveltal, Incineroar, Lycanroc, Lunala, Sirfetch'd, Zacian, Zamazenta

Installation:
    Spoiler:

If you're using Luka's EBS, you must add these abilities to the line in EliteBattle_0 as such:
    Code:
    if self.checkForAbilities(:FRISK,:FOREWARN,:BADDREAMS,:MOODY,:HARVEST,:TRACE,:INTIMIDATE,:LOREKEEPER,:ASTROLOGIST,:STARSTRUCK,:FATEFULFIGHT)

And as always, you must add these abilities to your abilities PBS file. Adjust the numbers accordingly:
    Code:
    XXX,GEMCOLLECTOR,Gem Collector,"The Pokémon may collect zodiac gems occasionally."
    XXX,LOREKEEPER,Lore Keeper,"Prevents activation of Zodiac Powers."
    XXX,ASTROLOGIST,Astrologist,"Identifies the foe's birthsign upon entry."
    XXX,STARSTRUCK,Star Struck,"Foes with partner signs are infatuated or confused."
    XXX,FATEFULFIGHT,Fateful Fight,"Powers up when fighting Pokémon with a rival sign."

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Hi! Because of new method code for defining Birthsigns, you recommend making a new save file. My project is in a pretty advanced state, and having people make a new save wouldn't be ideal. Is there any way to make the old method compatible with the new, simplified method?

Years
    • Seen today
    Minor Update 7/8/20: Bug fixes & tweaks
    Nothing too exciting here, just fixed up a few tiny things that I found issues with, and updated some things I missed. I also tweaked how a couple things worked for better compatibility.

Change list:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back