• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Birthsigns

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    i wasnt meaning for it to be released like this weekend only to see if they planned on doing an update. i know its a big update and i know some developers dont like moving to newer versions because of complete rewrites so was just wondering if its worth learning v18 and wait for the update or continue on v17.2

Years
    • Online now
    I plan on updating all of my scripts for v18 at some point. Im just moving around a lot lately and dont have the time/computer access to put the type of time in that I'd need for that sort of undertaking. Birthsigns is my first priority though, followed by Dynamax. So if I can update any scripts in the near future, it'll be this one.

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • btw, if you haven't gotten around to it yet, I plugged every birthsign script sans Zodiac Powers into a clean version of E18, the only errors I get are those that rely on the pbOpenDexData command so far. the DexData structure has been renamed a bit post E17

Years
    • Online now
    Thanks, that does seem to be the case. With that said, im using this update opportunity to clean up some code, do more thorough bug testing, and add some small changes, so im still going through everything with a fine toothed comb. Either way, Zodiac Powers are going to take the bulk of my time to iron out.

Years
    • Online now
    No. You'll know when it is, the thread will be updated. The Dynamax script is nearing completion, Birthsigns will be completed shortly after.

Years
  • Hlw sir as we know that dynamax script is now released and now you are working on signle plugin for dynamax + zmoves + ultra burst for essentials v18.dev ? but have you forgot about
    No. You'll know when it is, the thread will be updated. The Dynamax script is nearing completion, Birthsigns will be completed shortly after.
    this is that possible thay maybe zodaic power scripts will also be available with your plugin ? I am just asking but i love that zodaic scripts .

Well anyway you said that the plugin will be for v18.dev . Will it work for P.E. v 18.1 ?

Years
    • Online now
    Hlw sir as we know that dynamax script is now released and now you are working on signle plugin for dynamax + zmoves + ultra burst for essentials v18.dev ? but have you forgot about this is that possible thay maybe zodaic power scripts will also be available with your plugin ? I am just asking but i love that zodaic scripts .

Well anyway you said that the plugin will be for v18.dev . Will it work for P.E. v 18.1 ?

I'll get to this when I get to this. I haven't forgotten, I want to work on it. I have a lot of ideas for it. It's just not currently on my plate.

I'm not going to include Zodiac Powers for the new plugin, because the Z-Moves + Dynamax project is focused on solely replicating gameplay elements from the main series as close as possible. So Birthsigns won't be included. I will, however, release a compatibility update with Z-Moves + Dynamax whenever I actually get around to updating Birthsigns. As far as which version it will be available for, I think going forward I'm going to make everything I work on designed with v18.dev in mind. There's not a lot of reason to work on v18.1 anymore, imo.

Years
  • I'll get to this when I get to this. I haven't forgotten, I want to work on it. I have a lot of ideas for it. It's just not currently on my plate.

I'm not going to include Zodiac Powers for the new plugin, because the Z-Moves + Dynamax project is focused on solely replicating gameplay elements from the main series as close as possible. So Birthsigns won't be included. I will, however, release a compatibility update with Z-Moves + Dynamax whenever I actually get around to updating Birthsigns. As far as which version it will be available for, I think going forward I'm going to make everything I work on designed with v18.dev in mind. There's not a lot of reason to work on v18.1 anymore, imo.

Oh understood so the final conclusion is i will my self shift to v18.dev .😄😅.
    But now i am confused will that plugin work P.E. Version 18.1 also? beccuase StCooler was saying that his Zmove addon might work on 18.1 but i am not sure is there really a huge difference between the dev version and 18.1

Last edited:
    Years
  • Can you tell me if you are currently updating the Birthsigns script or when an update will be released for PE v18/18.1? I just wanna to know if it will be updated soon or not.

Years
    • Online now
    Can you tell me if you are currently updating the Birthsigns script or when an update will be released for PE v18/18.1? I just wanna to know if it will be updated soon or not.

No time soon. Expect a time scale of months, rather than weeks. I could release a rush job which is just essentially the 17.2 version with v18 compatibility duct-taped together, but that's not my style. If I'm gonna update it, I'm gonna update the hell out of it. So it's gonna be a while.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2023
    Hello, Id like to record a problem with your script. It is that basically that once I put the scripts in

I put in the two basic scripts and the Journular Script
    #===============================================================================
    #
    # Pokémon Birthsigns - By Lucidious89
    # For -Pokémon Essentials v17-
    #
    #===============================================================================
    # This project intends to add a new mechanic known as "Birthsigns" to
    # Pokémon. Each month of the year corresponds to a different sign,
    # and a Pokémon born under these signs will be infused with their bonuses.
    #
    # This is the core script, and adds 36 unique Birthsigns to choose from that
    # can be grouped into sets of 12 that act as a 12-month zodiac. All the tools
    # necessary to make birthsigns work are in this script, and utilized by other
    # scripts to implement the effects of all the birthsigns.
    #
    # ~Installation~
    # To install, insert this and all susequent Birthsign scripts near the end of
    # the Essentials script, above Main. Above Debug_Menu is a good spot. If you're
    # using Luka's EBS, make sure his scripts are below the Birthsign scripts.
    and
    #
    # Pokémon Birthsigns - By Lucidious89
    #
    # This script is what actually implements the effects of all 36 birthsigns set
    # up in the core script.
    # SCRIPT EDITS
    # This section handles re-writes to several areas of base Essentials to apply
    # birthsign mechanics. These will likely re-write your own custom changes if
    # you've made changes to those areas of the script. Below is a list of the main
    # areas that have been edited, and what they generally do:
    #
    # PScreen_Party - Allows Birthsign commands to display & function
    # PScreen_Summary - Allows Birthsign graphics/info to display in the summary
    # PField_Field - Applies Birthsign effects on wild Pokemon
    # PokeBattle_Battle - Applies Birthsign effects that change battle conditions
    # PField_DayCare - Allows Birthsign mechanics to apply for breeding
    # PScreen_EggHatching - Allows eggs to hatch with a birthsign
    # PTrainer_NPCTrainers- Allows for NPC's Pokemon to have signs (Zodiac Powers)
    # PScreen_PokemonStorage - Allows Birthsign tokens to display in the PC
    #
    # Other miscellaneous areas also recieve slight modifications.
    and finally
    #
    # Birthsigns Journal - By Lucidious89
    # Add-On for -Pokémon Birthsigns-
    #
    # This script is meant as an add-on to the Pokémon Birthsigns script.
    # This may cause errors if Pokémon Birthsigns is not installed.
    # ~Installation~
    # To install, insert a new section below the Pokemon Birthsigns script, and
    # paste this there. This is a plug-n-play addition, and doesn't require any
    # other changes.
    #
    # Use "pbOpenJournal" in an event to call this script.
    # Use "pbOpenJournalMini(sign)" in an event to open directly to a specific page
    # in the Journal, where "sign" is equal to the desired month number.
    #
    # This script edits part of PScreen_Pokegear, to allow the Journal to be
    # accessed via the Pokegear. If you have changes to the Pokegear in your project,
    # make sure make the necessary adjustments.
    #
    # Everything below is written for Pokémon Essentials v.17

Basically, Now all trainers do not have thier forms changed when I send them out. A White Kyurem becomes a normal Kyurem etc.
    Since I do not use Zodiac powers, I think the best way would be to remove the trainers being altered by the script, since thier birthsign does not matter!

Years
    • Online now
    Basically, Now all trainers do not have thier forms changed when I send them out. A White Kyurem becomes a normal Kyurem etc.
    Since I do not use Zodiac powers, I think the best way would be to remove the trainers being altered by the script, since thier birthsign does not matter!

I'll look into it, but this is going to be completely redone when I update it to v18.1 anyway.

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    No time soon. Expect a time scale of months, rather than weeks. I could release a rush job which is just essentially the 17.2 version with v18 compatibility duct-taped together, but that's not my style. If I'm gonna update it, I'm gonna update the hell out of it. So it's gonna be a while.

Thats fair looking forward to it

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2023
    Im not very experienced in scripts and i have no idea why the script wont work. I have followed instructions and only thing i can guess is the i dont know how to turn ZODIAC_SWITCH on if thats why it isnt working. This is an example of what im getting.

---------------------------
    Error
    Script '[Interpreter]' line 246: RuntimeError occurred.

Script error within event 19 (coords 19,29), map 43 (Route 1):

Exception: NameError

Message: Pokemon Birthsigns - Effects:4983:in `pbLoadTrainer'uninitialized constant RIVALNAMES

***Full script:

pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::YOUNGSTER,"Kenneth",_I("Damn, I can't beat anybody.."),false,0,false,0)

Backtrace:

Interpreter:197:in `pbExecuteScript'

Pokemon Birthsigns - Effects:4976:in `each'

Pokemon Birthsigns - Effects:4976:in `pbLoadTrainer'

PField_Battles:379:in `pbTrainerBattleCore'

PField_Battles:368:in `each'

PField_Battles:368:in `pbTrainerBattleCore'

PField_Battles:487:in `pbTrainerBattle'

(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:658:in `eval'

Interpreter:197:in `pbExecuteScript'

OK

i really want to use this awesome script, i just want it to work :/ pls help

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • Im not very experienced in scripts and i have no idea why the script wont work. I have followed instructions and only thing i can guess is the i dont know how to turn ZODIAC_SWITCH on if thats why it isnt working. This is an example of what im getting.

i really want to use this awesome script, i just want it to work :/ pls help
    Start a new save file then try again

Back