• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Black and White Premiers 12th February

Guy

just a guy
Years
  • Must earlier than I anticipated, but I'm not complaining. To be honest, I think it's a perfect timing for both advertising purposes and getting the show established well enough by the time the games are released. It'll definitely grab the attention of kids and fans early. I'm with everyone else who's worried about what the opening and voices will be like though, but I still have this slight feeling the opening at least will be the same as the Japanese opening. I mean, it's possible.

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    I thought they'd take a month hiatus till the games actually came out. Either way, Im excited and I promsied myself this season, I'm buying every DVD of the episodes and movies. :3

And when I think of Iris' (Eileen I'm speculating for her English name) English voice, I think of Anika Noni Rose (Tiana from The Princess and the Frog) as her voice, but maybe without the Southern accent.

Last edited:

Gero50

闇の下呂
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Sep 10, 2011
    I don't think it is that early for it. While I do see the market advantage to releasing it next month I don't really follow the English dub all that much. So if anything it will be interesting to see how the fans react once it has aired for the first tim in the US..

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
    Years
  • I'm glad they are bringing it out quickly this time, I hate having to wait for Pokemon to be translated and such.

As for Iris' voice, I'm hoping they won't go too wrong with it.. For Dento, I don't know why but I imagine him sounding like a mixture of Barry's & James' voice, if that makes sense.

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    Yeah, for Dento's (Dennis in the English, I'm hoping) voice, something like Tracey's, but maybe with an accent or something.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Call me slow, but I just realized the time it's going to be aired is at 9:00 AM. Not sure if this is because it's a one hour special or if it's the new schedule for the show, but either way it's good to see the show bumped up another hour. Seven in the morning was early, eight in the morning was decent, but if it's kept at nine in the morning, then I can see the number of viewers potentially increase for the show.

It also means I can knock in an extra hour of sleep in the morning too. n__n;

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    I was thinking today how much I'd love for them to do the following to the dub of the series:
    - Translate The Original Opening and Ending To English.
    - Keep all the BGM used in the original.
    - Keep the eyecatches (But translate the logo of Best Wishes on the bottom of the screen to English).
    - Keep the "Pokemon Live Caster" segment.
    - Dub the Previews for the next episode.
    - Keep the small promotionals giveaways (E.g, the Tsutarja one where 10 respondents got a DS pack for guessing Tsutarja's signature move and the reminder about the Zuruggu event)

But I bet most or none of these will happen.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2014
    ^I'd love it if they did all of that as well, but I doubt they have enough air time to fit all of that in on CN. Nothing stopping the BGM and Promotions, though. :P

I wonder why. Surely CN can show less commercials. Hell, why can channels show commercials after the show instead in between. Everyone has a DVR so we just fast forward through them.

Oh well, that's TV business.

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    The Live Caster and Preview are only around 3 extra minutes, heck they could even use them for commercials like they do for other shows.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2014
    The Live Caster and Preview are only around 3 extra minutes, heck they could even use them for commercials like they do for other shows.

Maybe not the Live Caster segment but probably the preview can be passed off as a commercial.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2014
    Let's see how far they go until they start having each title contain a pun. Then again, we're having a lot of new stuff in the franchise itself this time, so maybe they'll do something different.

Perhaps they're doing experiments with this whole "new beginning" thing.

Years
  • Here's a short preview of the dub version of Black and White.

Professor Juniper's voice really suits her. As for the starters, they're all very nice. However, I prefer Snivy's more manly Japanese voice. This new one still manages to give off that smug vibe, which is important.

"That's a fire-type. Nice and firey." -Ash

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Ooh, that was actually really well done. Still have to get used to Ash's voice though. /hasn't watched since season 8

Back