• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Bronze 2 (COMPLETE)

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    Looks great. Question, will you need to play Bronze 1 first before playing Bronze 2.
    Or better yet, should you play Bronze 1 first before playing Bronze 2

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2024
    I hope this hack can be released as soon as possible. We're all going to love it. It's going to be a blast.

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • Looks great. Question, will you need to play Bronze 1 first before playing Bronze 2.

Similar to GSC it's not necessary but of course it might help you recognize some of the postgame stuff. I beta tested bronze 2 without playing the first and had plenty of fun with it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2020
    Looks great. Question, will you need to play Bronze 1 first before playing Bronze 2.

You don't need to the play the first to play the second, but there are references to the first for people that did play.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Hey Freako, long time fan here of bronze. I appreciate all the work you put into bronze 1 and from the looks of it bronze 2. That being said, if you need more beta testers for bronze 2, I would be more than happy to test it for you. Ive been looking for a new rom hack to play or test so if you were able to let me test it I'd be more than happy to. Anyways keep up the good work! I look forward to more of your stuff, - Val

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2024
    Yeah, I'd be happy to test it out too. I have a GB Everdrive and a GBC, and if you don't already have someone testing out your hack on real hardware, I can definitely give you a hand on that.

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2020
    The game doesn't need much more testing. It's fully playable.
    We're finishing off the trainer and overworld sprites, and I might need to bring on more people to help with that, because my sprites are awful.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I'd still be up for it, even if its fully playable Freako, I really enjoyed bronze 1 and its my go-to hack to play lol. I liked your sprite-work in bronze 1, your sprites aren't bad at all. The main character having a hoodie was pretty cool. Maybe I can assist with an overworld sprite or trainer sprites. I did some amateur work on a rom hack I tried making a while back but, everyone on the project went on a "hiatus" which sucks, since I wrote everything for the game down. It was about 100 hours of writing and an entire book of written material including maps, scripts, story, and encounter rates I did. The truth is, its really challenging to make one of these rom hacks, much less make a good one and I appreciate the work some of you rom hackers have done. The work you, coraldev, and pia-carrot, and koolboyman have done on your respective rom hacks has been amazing. Anyways if you'd be willing to allow some more people to play through it before your actually release of it, I'd be honored freako.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2024
    I'd be honored to play through it before you release it as well. But of course it's up to you whether you need someone to test it out on real hardware, like I can. If you're just looking for testers to test it out on the emulator instead of hardware, then I wouldn't be up for doing that. But like I said, it's totally up to you on who you want to test it out for you

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Yeah, your call of course but if its fully playable and all you can always fix the graphics later. But no pressure of course, if you want to give it all the polish possible, more power to you.

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2020
    I don't release any hack unless it is 100% complete. That's how I've always done things.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2023
    I really appreciate that. It must be killing you to hold of on not giving a demo, I know how much I want to show off things and get feedback when I'm making something. The pay off is going to be worth it I'm sure! Should replay pokemon bronze before you release this one?

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2020
    I really appreciate that. It must be killing you to hold of on not giving a demo, I know how much I want to show off things and get feedback when I'm making something. The pay off is going to be worth it I'm sure! Should replay pokemon bronze before you release this one?

I wouldn't, that game is R O U G H.

Child Amnesiac

Ever changing
    Years
  • I gotta check, because this thread has been dormant for over a week now.

What is the status of this project?

Is it still going? Has it been discontinued?

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2020
    We're working on it.
    There's no discontinuing. The game is 100% playable.

I'm probably not going to say much until I have it done.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2024
    I have a gut feeling this is going to be released sometime this week. Keep at it Freako!

Back