• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Starter Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rassalon

Epic One
Years
If there wen't random dungeons (mystery dungeons) it wound't really be pokemon mystery dungeon would it? It would be 'pokemon not so random dungeons'.

Years
Well another reason i'm doing the kit on RMVX is that there is a random dungeon feature for maps.
So yea, probably no updates for today seeing as i just woke up and it's 12:00am...
Maybe expect something by tonight :)

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
Nope lol. I'm just saying that I used VX before where I converted poccil's starter kit before, this was before my hard drive was wipped out.

Rassalon

Epic One
Years
But as far as i know crazyninjaguy is not converting pokemon essentials to vx.

Last edited:
Years
I did try converting that once lol, but failed because of some sort of tilemap issue :P
UPDATE!
A new parallax map!
And the item screen!
They're both in one screenshot so easy to see lol.
Check the first post in the Menus spoiler ^^

At the moment, i've only managed to make it so the player can have 10 items at once.
I'll keep working on it so that i can display another 10 on Team Toolbox B.

Rassalon

Epic One
Years
Yet again a job well done crazyninjaguy!
One extra thing. Is there a way of comparing varibles (ones built into RMVX) to see which one has the highest value?

Rassalon

Epic One
Years
The tests coming on fine looks bit complicated (maybe as it is evented) but i will adds some comments in it for people to potentialy understand it better.
Just remembered this as well you know the pokemon message system in pokemon essentials for RMXP is compatible with RMVX. Just thought i would let you know.

Rassalon

Epic One
Years
I have RMVX + RTP, RMXP + RTP, Game Maker, Sphere, Registered DS Game Maker. I have the lot.

Edit: Thanks for the example im going to use it to help me calculate which pokemon your going to be after you have answered the questions.

Years
Lol nice.
Ok well that event i made, basically, it gives the two variables a value for the purpose of testing, then checks if one's value is higher than the other in the separate conditional branches, and tells the player which variable has a higher value :)

Rassalon

Epic One
Years
I just thought in the screenshot of the menu how can you have 215 rescue points and 10poke whern you havn't developed a way of getting them?

Years
I just jammed in those values to show.
I'll be adding that in later ;)
Forgot to explain that lol

EDIT: Except for the money of course :P
I just have to add a few small tweaks to make rescue team points.

Years
Well its update time again! :D
Ok here goes.
I've managed to script rescue team points in now, so thats all working.
I've put all the pokemon that you find in pokemon square into one charset for easy use.
And i've resized some of the parts on the Pokemon Square map to allow for charsets.

Up next: The Team option in the menu.
Then: The shop screen.

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
For wonder mail allow people to obviously input their own like the real game, but also have it so you can decide to download in game a text file which could contain many wonder mails and display them on a list.

So like a text file with:

[HALP MER]
daj n21 9ja
hf0 mna p1k
[HALP MER2]
ea2 n21 fjy
120 m7a 32k

Would display to the player:

Which wonder mail would you like to dwonload?
[HALP MER]
[HALP MER2]

Years
Hmmm, good idea :)
I'll add that little bit into my To-Do list ^^
At the moment i'm just trying to display the right badge for the amount of rescue points the player has and the rank name.
But i should be able to fix it all up soon :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back