• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Starter Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Thanks ^^
    Expect an update reeeeal soon.
    In the mean time i made a userbar which won't get your sig disabled lol.
    Spoiler:

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
    Years
  • Yeah, that wasn't my fault lol The support bar appears alot bigger on here than paint.net
    The one gsorby made(myfriend xD) was using mine as a base.

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
    Years
  • Wow. No posts in a bit here, think I'll make one now XD.
    So how's the progress going, by the looks of it you've slowed down alot.

Rassalon

Epic One
    Years
  • Production has not slowed down because the kit is on of about 5 projects he's working on so he can't always be doing the kit.

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen May 19, 2014
    I think this is a great idea!

Just wondering, have you gotten the batle system done yet. If not I can show you Omegazonian's Roguelike Battle System [ORBS] for VX. There are a couple of bugs, like you can't remove a party member, but they could be fixed.

Also since VX's only flaw is a limited amount of tilesets you may want to use Bulletext's Multiple Tilesets script.

Can you please fix the link for the tutorials for scripting? It is broken, and I really want to be able to help.

Years
  • Yea i was gonna use Omegas battle system as a reference.
    The tutorials link is fixed on the first page, and i'll be writing more soon.
    Hmmm, i was thinking about the muktiple tilesets script, but it depends if i can fit everything in the default tiles first.

And thanks for the continued support guys ^^

Birdybot

-insert witty phrase here-
    Years
  • This looks really cool. Any idea on a release date for the demo? I think we're all very much looking forward to it! ^-^

Years
  • Well i had a bug with saving and loading, so i started again with cleaner code, and now i'm back to where i was before.

So i'm thinking the first demo should be sometime this week.
    If not then in 3 weeks cos im on holiday next week.

So yea, hopefully this week.

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
    Years
  • THIS LOOKS SO COOL!

I was just thinking about making a PMD game, and whatdoyaknow? A starter kit? Tis awesome. ^_^

Years
  • Well i did release a really small demo to mosssky just to show him how i was doing, but i had to start again as i had an issue with saving and the rescue team points not saving, but, thats all fixed up now and i have shorter, cleaner code.

Please don't bug either me or mosssky for the demo as there really isnt much in it.
    I've mostly been working on the systems so it looks like not a lot of progress has been made.

Stay tuned to the thread! :D

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    What features are already implemented?
    How much graphics will come with it(I recommend not a lot so that the engine gets out sooner then maybe release a graphics pack?)
    I feel the same for music.
    SKills should be in 100% though
    and the pokemon data themselves, but just have all the pokemon have the same graphic.

Years
  • Hmm, well a graphics pack later is an idea. I share your views on the music too, but i'll include a few tracks in the first release.

Features so far:

1. Title Screen with continue, adventure log etc.
    2. Menu system with items, team, options etc.
    3. Extra movement frames to allow for rmxp charsets to be used in VX.
    4. 8 way movement.
    5. A half finished shop system.
    6. Rescue team points.

So not much at the moment, but its still progress.
    I'll be finishing off the shop system soon!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back