• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Starter Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rassalon

Epic One
Years
Yet another good update.
Just like to say im having a bit of a problem with the quiz it seems to be refuseing to randomly select the questions. Shall I send you what i have already and see if you can spot the problem?

Years
Well i had a pop at it, but pretty much unsucessful im afraid.
Except for one thing, the randomizer, the only way that i found the randomizer would work, was to uncheck the 'Set handler if conditions do not apply' box on all the conditional branches, that seemed to work. Sorry i couldnt be of more help :/

Years
Hopefully :)
It's turning out great!

I have a small update now!
I have fixed the problems with displaying the right badge graphic and the rank name. I've also got the Explorers of Time/Darkness ranks/images as they look nicer :D
NOTE: I gave myself 4000 rescue points for the heck of it :D

Here's a screenie ^^

Spoiler:

I know it's a bit like "Oh, more of the same..." But these things have to be done, or everything would stay unfinished!
It's a bit early for this, but i'm gonna start needing a few testers soon.
Carmaniac and mosssky, i'm giving you two first refusal as you've both done something for the project.
So if you want to be a tester, then just reply here and i'll add you to the list :D
Anybody else, i'll need 3 more people, so get those places filled people!

Years
It meant either you could be one or not lol
But yeah of course you can, i just asked you lol.
Well pretty much, once i've got the menu completely finished, will be when the first demo comes out. :)
Still debating whether or not to encrypt it, i mean its not in a useable state yet, so there'd be no point in anyone having it unencrypted, though having it encrypted would implie that i never want to release it, which i do.

Meh, i'll leave it unencrypted lol, at least that way you could see how some of the scripts work and stuff.
I admit my scripting won't be the cleanest in the world, but hey, if it ain't broke, dont fix it!

Rassalon

Epic One
Years
@Crazyninjaguy I thought i would ask you this as you are the best scripter i know. But is there a way to compare RMVX variable in a script to find which ones the highest. As im having trouble comparing 18 RMVX variables in an event to find the highest.

Years
Do you mean like this?
Code:
@monkey = 1
@badger = 2
if @monkey >= @badger
  print 'Monkey is the highest'
end
if @badger >= @monkey
  print 'Badger is the highest'
end

Or a game variable?

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
I'm learning coding this year, and I'm a fan of both PMD and VX, so...I wouldn't mind being a tester. How would you do it? Get me the stuff to test, I mean? (I don't have VX installed atm, so should I re-install it?)

Years
Ok you're in :)
In your case, i'll just give you a copy of the project with all the graphics and music needed, and you could just go round the project seeing if there are any bugs in the scripts or anything.

@mosssky - I'll get back to you on that one :)

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
I'll be a tester too, I'm quite familiar with RMVX. With looking for bugs sometimes I can't find every bug but the main ones.

Years
Ok cool :)
I just need two more testers then...
Ok, basically, when i've completely finished the menu, and anything else small, i'll release the first beta to the testers.
Then comes the hard part, the battle system :S

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
When you get to the battle system it involves a side view script that branches off from the main system, learnt this from my friend when i thought of making a MD style system.

Years
Well i'm not quite sure how i'll do it yet, but i'm sure it'll come to me when i've started :P
And yes, 4 moves and 1 normal move.

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
I'll test :3 I mean I did suggest something, least I could do is take your project and have fun with it XD.

zevarius kerensky

i bid my timberwolf in defiance of yer claim!
Years
i wuld so love 2 test this!!! i culd find every bug, glich, error (items not appering, items not working etc...)... anything tht culd make the game undesirable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back