• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon R.O.W.E. - an Open World Version of Pokémon Emerald(Gen 8, Following Pokémon, Costumes and much More)

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Heads up, there's a glitched trainer in Victory Road. Every time I fight her, she tries to send out her final pokemon after I beat her team, but the final pokemon has no name. It's just a blank space in the text. And when she sends it out the game freezes. This trainer is also in a position in which you can't go around her, so I'm effectively softlocked until it gets fixed. Cooltrainer Julie, is her name.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    A list of which Pokemon can follow should be included with the documentation. Only 139 can follow.

Ah, that's on me, then. I should have read the documentation. I discovered that, indeed, of all my party only one pokemon could follow me. It's a shame that it's none of my mains, though. Welp. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    The rare candies don't seem to work? No matter what mon I use them on, it says, "It won't have any effect."

Rare candies are capped at a certain usage depending on how many badges you have. If you need to grind, go find some Audinos on Route 116. Use dexnav to force a battle with them.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Heads up, there's a glitched trainer in Victory Road. Every time I fight her, she tries to send out her final pokemon after I beat her team, but the final pokemon has no name. It's just a blank space in the text. And when she sends it out the game freezes. This trainer is also in a position in which you can't go around her, so I'm effectively softlocked until it gets fixed. Cooltrainer Julie, is her name.

This was reported in Discord as well and should be fixed by the next update.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Good afternoon everyone, Today I would like to release a new update adding the first Sevii Island to the game, this update took me more time than expected
    and learned a lot from it, hopefully other islands will be faster than this one, it also focuses on some changes for how split evolutions work with the
    level scaling and some fossil changes, hopefully everybody likes it and nobody breaks it
    Spoiler:

Download link:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/pzon1hu5cjej0zo/Pokemon_ROWE.zip/file
    or Patch the game using our ROWE Patcher
    https://belialclover.github.io/Rowe-Patcher/

Poke fan number 489

pokemon fan
    Years
    • He/Him/His
    • Earth
    • Seen Jul 19, 2023
    Found a fun trick, if you pause right after picking a town you keep the pokemon and get to pick a new one as well, this also dupes the items.
    I'm not sure if you can patch it out, but honestly I'm okay with it existing, allowed me to get a team of six smeargles for my smeargle only one.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2022
    Using an Ability Capsule on one of my pokemon somehow emptied my entire bag, and when I try to back out of the bag menu into the pokemon screen, the game crashes. mGBA emulator, ROWE version 1.6.6.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Good day everyone, Today I would like to release a little update focused on fixing the issue with the move tutors and fixing an issue with a cave in route 111 along with a some changes to costumes
    here is the changelog
    Changelog 1.6.6.1
    -Divided the move tutor and egg move tutor to avoid crashes when the pokemon has the same move as egg move and move tutor
    -Now the move tutor is unlocked after 7 badges and costs 4500
    -Fixed the bug with the cave in route 111 while the mirage cave is active
    -Misc changes to some trainers
    -Some changes to the costumes to show both in the map and the trainer card
    -Fixed something related to Tate & Liza and how they hand their stones
    -other little changes to things I forgot about

Download link:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/pzon1hu5cjej0zo/Pokemon_ROWE.zip/file
    or Patch the game using our ROWE Patcher
    https://belialclover.github.io/Rowe-Patcher/

Years
    • He, him
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    How many badges do you need to use flash out in the overworld? It seems pretty buggy, since after I beat the Dewford Gym, its leader explicitly stated that I should be able to use flash in the overworld (a holdover from vanilla Emerald, I assume). But my Volbeat with Flash still can't use it in the overworld. Very confusing

Then I thought that maybe you need 2 badges, like in the vanilla game, but even after 2 badges it doesn't work.

Absolumont

Obsessive Clothes Shopper
    Years
  • I'm loving this game... but I do have some minor complaints.

- i wish i could turn off the the automatic-surf feature (mainly for the water current routes!!)
    - the summary screen for pokemon doesn't have the 'remaining exp to level up' exp bar anywhere, so I have to run into battle to see how close to leveling they are... This is really annoying.
    - I'm playing a nuzlocke variant where I mark pokemon so I know what rule they have and that's not in the summary screen anymore either... (Though I can still check marks in the pokenav or PC.)

Oh, and bug report:
    Playing on the latest version, using the Ruby Costume as May
    The player sprite in-battle in the Safari Zone is... not quite inverted, but various shades of purple that I doubt is intended.
    Pokemon R.O.W.E. - an Open World Version of Pokémon Emerald(Gen 8, Following Pokémon, Costumes and much More)

...and a second bug report: you can ride the bike on Pacifidlog's wooden paths, but not Fortree's!?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2023
    One thing I would say is, require the trainer to have a pokemon who CAN learn a HM on their team in order to use that pokemon to do a field move. It doesn't need to take a moveslot or anything, but it feels a little weird eliminating HMs entirely.

For that one starting town where it's literally just an island you need to surf out of, you put long grass in that island, simply put a land-dwelling pokemon who can learn surf or surf and dive there, it should be fine. Does require a little more forethought in pokemon placement to ensure nobody hits a softlock but it should be worthwhile.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    How many badges do you need to use flash out in the overworld? It seems pretty buggy, since after I beat the Dewford Gym, its leader explicitly stated that I should be able to use flash in the overworld (a holdover from vanilla Emerald, I assume). But my Volbeat with Flash still can't use it in the overworld. Very confusing

Then I thought that maybe you need 2 badges, like in the vanilla game, but even after 2 badges it doesn't work.

You don't need any badges to use any moves in the overworld. You may need to teach it Flash to use it. Which cave are you trying to light up?

Years
    • He, him
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    You don't need any badges to use any moves in the overworld.

Yes, I know that you don't need badges for any of the other HMs (as well as Dig, which is a TM) and they seem to work with any Pokemon capable of learning them, even if it doesn't have it in its moveset. But Flash seems to be the exception.

You may need to teach it Flash to use it.

As I already said, the Volbeat already knows Flash (it learns it as a level up move). Some moves with overworld effects such as Sweet Scent seem to work only if they are in the moveset, so of course I first tried it with a Pokemon that actually has Flash equipped before posting here.

Which cave are you trying to light up?

In the vanilla game the option to use Flash is there even if you're not in a dark area, and it is also used in a puzzle to obtain Registeel where you specifically use it in an area where it isn't dark. I have now noticed that the dark area in Granite Cave is now well-lit. So I'm guessing the Flash mechanic was removed from the game or something.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Yes, I know that you don't need badges for any of the other HMs (as well as Dig, which is a TM) and they seem to work with any Pokemon capable of learning them, even if it doesn't have it in its moveset. But Flash seems to be the exception.

As I already said, the Volbeat already knows Flash (it learns it as a level up move). Some moves with overworld effects such as Sweet Scent seem to work only if they are in the moveset, so of course I first tried it with a Pokemon that actually has Flash equipped before posting here.

In the vanilla game the option to use Flash is there even if you're not in a dark area, and it is also used in a puzzle to obtain Registeel where you specifically use it in an area where it isn't dark. I have now noticed that the dark area in Granite Cave is now well-lit. So I'm guessing the Flash mechanic was removed from the game or something.

If I remember correctly, all caves are auto lit. Therefore there would be no reason to have it assigned as a field move.

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2022
    Hi rioluwott, just found your game on YouTube thanks to Chad-ilicious and thought "I love Crystal Clear, I would love this in minutes." and I did but my game keeps randomly crashing. I used the UPS patcher that came with the download and I use the VBA so I think everything should work if you or anyone here has any idea as to why I would appreciate it a lot. Please and thank you.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2022
    Hi rioluwott, just found your game on YouTube thanks to Chad-ilicious and thought "I love Crystal Clear, I would love this in minutes." and I did but my game keeps randomly crashing. I used the UPS patcher that came with the download and I use the VBA so I think everything should work if you or anyone here has any idea as to why I would appreciate it a lot. Please and thank you.

Use mGBA instead, this romhack is not compatible with VBA.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2022
    I have a question is there a way to encounter every pokemon in the dex or are some still being added, another question is Fraxure supposed to evolve really late because last i checked it evolves at level 48?
    Also must say your Hack has become one of my all time favorites keep going with the great work.
    Also I can't tell if this is supposed to happen but i cant get the majority of my pokemon to follow me despite me really wanting to.
    Another Also I can't tell if this is intentional but i found a bug catcher who had a cofagrigus.
    Editing Pyro: I realized i didnt say this but my Fraxure as of right now is level 50 something.

Last edited:
    Years
    • He or They
    • Seen Jun 19, 2022
    Is there some special way of getting the pokemon to follow? Like the previous person, my pokemon aren't following. Or, is there a specific starter I need to choose if only some starters follow? I chose the sandghast ghosty fellow.

Back