• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokeword Puzzles

Years
1 down.... not Mega Evolution, though I guess that would've been too obvious =P
Not Pokémon Amie either.... not Super Training... not Ride Pokemon. Not the PSS.
"Could stay up all night looking at it"... maybe related to the change to 3D... feels more like an artstyle change than mechanic though. Pass for now.

10 Down, "Holo Caster" ?

12 Down, feels Super Training related... "Reset Bag" ?

5 across.... probably "Lost Hotel".

9 Down... gotta be one of the many cafes... was it "Cafe Woof" ? :unsure:

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
1 down.... not Mega Evolution, though I guess that would've been too obvious =P
Not Pokémon Amie either.... not Super Training... not Ride Pokemon. Not the PSS.
"Could stay up all night looking at it"... maybe related to the change to 3D... feels more like an artstyle change than mechanic though. Pass for now.

10 Down, "Holo Caster" ?

12 Down, feels Super Training related... "Reset Bag" ?

5 across.... probably "Lost Hotel".

9 Down... gotta be one of the many cafes... was it "Cafe Woof" ? :unsure:
Correct on those four. Updated the crossword below.

Kalos Crossword.png
Theme: Kalos

ACROSS
2. Broke the Nuzlocke rules over this
3. A prize in a high place. Beware the dinosaurs guarding it.
5. 1 star. Full of trash. Would not stay the night here again.
6. A group of seven Pokemon. Probably good firefighters. May steal your valuables, though.
7. "Hey, do you want to come over?" Costs 50000 Pokedollars for that basic note.
11. At the center of green, blue, red, yellow, and magenta.

DOWN
1. A shocking new mechanic in this generation. Could stay up all night looking at it.
4. Might mistake them for the Bug gym leader in a certain outfit. Never carries a single Bug type, however.
8. Probably common in Pokemon 1/X and Pokemon 1/Y. Bets on Malamar feeling comfortable in this environment too. May or may not actually be stronger there.
9. Caters to Furfrou enthusiasts. Definitely sells puppuccinos here (if they existed in-game, anyways).
10. Typically saw Malva on this before being shut down. Also changes color, depending on your character's gender.
12. Train with this to become...weaker? Do you break your hand when hitting it?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
6 Across - Probably "Barbaracle".
It's a group of binacle clustered together iirc.

Edit:
7 across: "Writ of Invitation".
Correct on Barbaracle (the Collective Pokemon with the Pickpocket ability) and Writ of Invitation (Attracts more trainers) at the Battle Chateau.

Kalos Crossword.png

ACROSS
6. A group of seven Pokemon. Probably good firefighters. May steal your valuables, though.
7. "Hey, do you want to come over?" Costs 50000 Pokedollars for that basic note.

DOWN
1. A shocking new mechanic in this generation. Could stay up all night looking at it.
4. Might mistake them for the Bug gym leader in a certain outfit. Never carries a single Bug type, however.
8. Probably common in Pokemon 1/X and Pokemon 1/Y. Bets on Malamar feeling comfortable in this environment too. May or may not actually be stronger there.
9. Caters to Furfrou enthusiasts. Definitely sells puppuccinos here (if they existed in-game, anyways).
10. Typically saw Malva on this before being shut down. Also changes color, depending on your character's gender.

Days
INVERSE BATTLE

SYCAMORE

PRISM TOWER

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
INVERSE BATTLE

SYCAMORE

PRISM TOWER
Correct on Inverse Battle. 1/X = the inverse of X, for anyone wondering. Expected that one to be a tough one, even with Malamar in there.

Incorrect on Sycamore. Never carries a Bug Pokemon, true. Stays in the same outfit, though.

Correct on Prism Tower. Lies between all those colored monuments. Translated them out of French.

Updated the crossword. Solved the bottom half.

Kalos Crossword.png

ACROSS

DOWN

Years
3 Across: "Cliff Badge" ?

Either that or perhaps the TM Grant gives, can't think of anything else guarded by dinosaurs.

Days
4. Lysandre ?

I think I had seen him wearing some tentacles like gears during the last phase or around that, which looks oddly like insect....

Is 2 across O-POWER ?

There are certain things there which makes nuzlocke easier as we can restore HP/PP with it.....

In 1 down, is the last word TERRAIN ?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
3 Across: "Cliff Badge" ?

Either that or perhaps the TM Grant gives, can't think of anything else guarded by dinosaurs.
Correct. Climbs up a wall. Defeats Amaura and Tyrunt for the badge.
4. Lysandre ?

I think I had seen him wearing some tentacles like gears during the last phase or around that, which looks oddly like insect....

Is 2 across O-POWER ?

There are certain things there which makes nuzlocke easier as we can restore HP/PP with it.....

In 1 down, is the last word TERRAIN ?
Correct on Lysandre. Inexplicably wore this:
Bug Lysandre.png

Incorrect on O-Power. Allows something like that in the most basic Nuzlocke rules. (Expects more experienced Nuzlockers to ban it, though.)

Correct on the Terrain part.

Updated crossword:

Kalos Crossword.png

ACROSS

DOWN

Years
Something ending in terrain for 1 down? =O

Electric Terrain, Grassy Terrain, Misty Terrain, Psychic Terrain. Needs an I two letters before terrain, leaves Electric & Psychic and Psychic doesn't fit. Probably Electric terrain then, but kinda feels like I'm sniping Delta. Probably never would've come to mind for me as I thought terrains were introduced in gen 7 xD

I'm too unfamiliar with nuzlockes to even try 2 across, would have to look up what all of a nuzlocke's rules are in the first place.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Something ending in terrain for 1 down? =O

Electric Terrain, Grassy Terrain, Misty Terrain, Psychic Terrain. Needs an I two letters before terrain, leaves Electric & Psychic and Psychic doesn't fit. Probably Electric terrain then, but kinda feels like I'm sniping Delta. Probably never would've come to mind for me as I thought terrains were introduced in gen 7 xD

I'm too unfamiliar with nuzlockes to even try 2 across, would have to look up what all of a nuzlocke's rules are in the first place.
Correct on Electric (Terrain). Prevents you from falling asleep. (Forgot when it was introduced too. Never rose to prominence until the Tapus came.) Sees no reason not to fill it in.

Kalos Crossword.png

ACROSS

DOWN

Days
At the present instant, two words came to my mind;

1. ANXIETY:

Players might get anxious while doing such a challenge.

2. POVERTY:

Running out of money due to expensive living in Kalos may made the nuzlocke tougher.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
At the present instant, two words came to my mind;

1. ANXIETY:

Players might get anxious while doing such a challenge.

2. POVERTY:

Running out of money due to expensive living in Kalos may made the nuzlocke tougher.
(Whoops. Saw this. Misremembered about replying to it.)

Incorrect for both. Is not quite so abstract.

Copy/pasted the basic Nuzlocke rules from Bulbapedia below.
Basic rules

The Nuzlocke Challenge has only two rules that must be followed:

• Limited Encounters: The player may only catch the first wild Pokémon encountered in each area, and no others. If the first wild Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances.
    • If the first encounter in an area is a Double Battle or Horde Encounter, the player may choose which of the encountered Pokémon to catch, but only one of them.
  • Dying: Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead and must be released. If you run out of living Pokémon, you've failed the challenge and must restart the game.
    • The move Revival Blessing cannot be used to bring back a dead Pokémon.

Years
Was rather busy with other things so making a new crossword kinda got delayed for a while =\

A Steely theme =3

crossword1-png.156211

Across
3. The famed blade of hardened Steel.
6. It increases the chance of encountering a Steel type Pokémon in the wild.
7. A Lurking Titan that you fight for a Herba Mystica.
8. A Steel type move that can only be used by a non-Steel type.
11. This Pokemon jumps in front of a mechanical Vikavolt's attack to save another of it's kind.
12. One must either Aim to the Sky or Shine their light in the middle of this room in order to face it.

Down
1. You ride the elevators around and defeat a previous Gym leader's father for this.
2. A commemorative gift conferred upon you that also boosts Defense.
4. An item that lets you turn your building into a bridge.
5. Paldea has made this Pokemon less Defiant and more Competitive.
9. You feel a piercing gaze sizing you up...
10. It appears in Beauty, Cute, Smart, and Tough Contests.

Attachments

• crossword1.png
    crossword1.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 11
Days
6. Magnet Pull
8. Anchor Shot (Dhelmise)
10. Seems Aron, named Ronar; or the Steelix who named Rusty. Going with Rusty.
5. Empoleon (Guessing purely by abilities)
7. Orthworm

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
7 across: Orthworm
12 across: Registeel?

4 down: Metal Alloy
5 down: Empoleon

Back