• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pre-order or wait for the release?

Monophobia

Already Dead
Years
  • Several factors change my decision of whether or not I want to pre-order. Is there a bonus for pre-ordering? Do I think the game will be selling like hot cakes?

If there's no pre-order bonus, I figure I'll pre-order anyway. It seems like these re-makes were very anticipated and a lot of old fans will be returning, so I want to ensure I get a copy instead of entering the jungle that is GameStop when a game is just released.

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • I already pre-ordered it. It gives me a rewarding feeling that the game is already mine. I like being one if the first to play it too.

Years
  • I'll be pre-ordering mine a few days/weeks before the game comes out. n~n; Right now's too soon but I definitely need to guarantee a copy for myself as it'll 100% be sold out otherwise. My local GameStop only seems to bring enough copies on release for those who have pre-ordered.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'll be pre-ordering mine a few days/weeks before the game comes out. n~n; Right now's too soon but I definitely need to guarantee a copy for myself as it'll 100% be sold out otherwise. My local GameStop only seems to bring enough copies on release for those who have pre-ordered.

I'm worried about that kind of scenario happening where I live. As I said before I've only see DP sold out but it was likely due to it being the holidays. Since ORAS is so close to the holiday shopping season it means that they could possibly be sold out too...
    Perhaps I should pre-order in case...but I'll wait for now until they reveal a pre-order bonus that can make me decide once and for all.

Years
  • Right now, I'm waiting to see if there are any bonuses that come with pre-ordering, but if not, I'll probably end up waiting for the release. I've woken up extremely early to buy games in the past, and I haven't been this excited for a new installment of Pokemon for some time, so it's definitely worth it n__n

Years
  • Right now, I'm waiting to see if there are any bonuses that come with pre-ordering, but if not, I'll probably end up waiting for the release. I've woken up extremely early to buy games in the past, and I haven't been this excited for a new installment of Pokemon for some time, so it's definitely worth it n__n

I remember nagging my sister to drive me to get XY (at the time I wasn't allowed to drive by myself -_-). I woke up at 6 and had to wait two hours for her to wake up and spend another nagging her. I can't imagine how I'll handle the release of ORAS...

yahiko

god among mortals
    Years
  • honestly i have all ready pre-ordered 5 games for this up coming fall so i may wait till the day and get it then unless they give some bonus.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I remember nagging my sister to drive me to get XY (at the time I wasn't allowed to drive by myself -_-). I woke up at 6 and had to wait two hours for her to wake up and spend another nagging her. I can't imagine how I'll handle the release of ORAS...
    Cyclone recommends waking up at 6:00 and pouring a bucket of water chilled with ice on her head.

That'll do the trick.

Years
  • Cyclone recommends waking up at 6:00 and pouring a bucket of water chilled with ice on her head.

That'll do the trick.

I will be dead if I did that...
    Well now it's a good thing that I can drive by myself. I may pick it up before heading to school and play it when I'm home. (or maybe take my 3DS with me and play it during my down time...)

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Me, pre-order? Hardly anyone in town ever cares about this series, so there never has been a shortage. I'll just buy it when I can.

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    I always pre-order my games lately. There's just no reason not to. You don't have to pay extra, you get extra points towards 15 EUR discount, you get a notice if the game might be (a day or so) early (like I got with AC 4) and you might be able to get extra pre-order bonuses. I'd be kind of crazy not to pre-order it :)

erisfrost

Rocket in Training!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    I just go at midnight, and buy it before it is placed on the shelves. Then, all night play-a-thon! xD

White Raven

Working on The Mysterious Meteorite
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Sep 1, 2015
    I'd only preorder if there is a bonus somethin' somethin'. Otherwise I'll wait until there is a code promo. Probably, I'd get impatient and buy one on the day it is released. The Best Buy store I go to barely sells anything because of it's hard to get to address, so they always have some games left over ^^

isthatyoudan

doesn't work well with others...
    Years
  • I never pre-order. There's no point. It's still going to show up on the same day. And if the store doesn't have any copies because they only got stock for the preorders, then I can just go to a different store. Or just wait. So, it's not necessary for me.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Pre-ordering as an institution is a really iffy idea. You're basically paying for a game and hoping it will be good and finished by the promised time. While that's not necessarily an issue when it comes to Pokemon, it still seems silly to give them any more money then what the game's going to cost.

But yeah I'm pre-ordering. Both of them.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Oh, I'm definitely pre-ording; though, I'll pre-order one, and just buy the other one later, since where I live, the pokemon games are luckily not too popular, hehe. 8D Usually I would pre-order games within a month or two before it's due release, which I will sometime on.. September? Or October? <3

bewbs

~Chloe~
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    I pre-ordered both as we normally get awesome stuff with the goodies or discount on pokemon stuff at the game shop.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I'll preorder it by September and pick it up around noon the day of its release (the time will probably change depending on my schedule but we'll see, that's what I've done in the past) and play it as much as the day allows. :p

Back