• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports Pro Wrestling

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
    Years
    Ronda lost all of my respect when she called wrestling fake and then laughed when wrestlers got pissed at her for what she said. While yes pro wrestling is considered staged and predicated its still real in that you will still get hurt. The fact that she thought the whole industry was a joke and buried it was not cool and then came back as if people were going to forget what she said.

Well, WWE seems to have forgotten or maybe they just don't care because they have a major pay-per-- I mean premium live event to sell and now Ronda is going to be main eventing one of those Mania nights. It would take a lot of push back from fans to force WWE to change their plan but I don't think that's going to happen.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I mean WWE could have all the push back from the fans they could get and still do whatever they want. WWE just doesn't care what the fans think. They'll do whatever the hell they want.

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
    Years
    I mean WWE could have all the push back from the fans they could get and still do whatever they want. WWE just doesn't care what the fans think. They'll do whatever the hell they want.

And yet people still tune in, probably hoping for things to change for the better especially now when there is a close-enough competitor like AEW around. That's where I am now as a long time fan, hoping that if these other promotions succeed then maybe that might push WWE towards getting serious with their product. It's a futile hope yeah but I'll hold onto it. They have so many amazing wrestlers on their rosters but how those wrestlers are used (if they are lucky enough to be used at all) is what frustrates me the most. On a brighter note though it's always nice to have a good laugh at the company whenever they say or do something stupid and fortunately for fans that happens a lot :)

Years
    And yet people still tune in, probably hoping for things to change for the better especially now when there is a close-enough competitor like AEW around. That's where I am now as a long time fan, hoping that if these other promotions succeed then maybe that might push WWE towards getting serious with their product. It's a futile hope yeah but I'll hold onto it. They have so many amazing wrestlers on their rosters but how those wrestlers are used (if they are lucky enough to be used at all) is what frustrates me the most. On a brighter note though it's always nice to have a good laugh at the company whenever they say or do something stupid and fortunately for fans that happens a lot :)

I was one of those that always tuned in. I mean I watched everything. Didn't miss a single show in... well, a long time! A lot longer than I've been a member here anyway ;)

Last year I finally had enough. I still sort of "follow" it, but the rumble was the first show I've seen in a good bit. I can't see me watching Mania for the first time ever this year :(

Years
    • Seen today
    LOL

Spoiler:

I've been a WWE fan since it was WWF and I'm getting reeeeeally over the booking of this company. AEW is fine but it's just hard to watch in Australia, I'm pretty sure it's not on TV and I don't know where to watch any wrestling online so it's WWE on Fox 8 for me. Now that Jeff Hardy is gone (love himb) I dunno if I can keep putting myself through this. Were any of the rumble matches actually any good? I'm looking it up on Wikipedia now.

Spoiler:

Side note, I miss Gail Kim :(

There is a website called watchwrestling that airs both the shows and pay per views for free live as they happen. Of course, the WWE Network is only $10 for month so it's much better than using an online stream for the payed shows. I would also recommend an ad block.

The Rumble was not good, but then again enjoyment is subjective so it may have been good to someone else. The Woman's Rumble featured almost 15 surprise returns which was a bit excessive. The Men's Rumble didn't hold many significant moments or spots, and watching the opening match of the show makes the outcome predictable which is not good writing. I was texting during the show, and during those texts I predicted both winners. As someone who hasn't followed the product at all, this is pretty bad.

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
    Years
    I was one of those that always tuned in. I mean I watched everything. Didn't miss a single show in... well, a long time! A lot longer than I've been a member here anyway ;)

Last year I finally had enough. I still sort of "follow" it, but the rumble was the first show I've seen in a good bit. I can't see me watching Mania for the first time ever this year :(

Everything? 😂 I couldn't. It's been many years since I was that dedicated. From the mid 2000s up to around 2015, then I got into NXT and was also checking out other promotions as well (TNA, ROH, New Japan, Lucha Underground). Raw I mainly tuned in to see how Rollins' WWE title reign was going, even though The Authority was all over it. Smackdown was slightly better, it became more interesting when Talking Smack started. We got to see some of the talent have a chance to be themselves and have some fun with Daniel Bryan and Renee Young. After 2019 I stopped tuning in weekly to the main roster shows, it just wasn't worth it. Only got back in last year for Smackdown because of current form Reigns, and then he pretty much swept through the roster :/

How are you keeping with it these days, via podcasts? News sites? There's time for a few must-watch matches to be added to the Mania card e.g. Becky vs Bianca. Also, one interesting name that I've heard as a potential winner of the Elimination Chamber is Matt Riddle, with the aim of having him defending the title against Randy Orton at Mania. I would watch Mania for those 2 matches.

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
    Years
    I've been a WWE fan since it was WWF and I'm getting reeeeeally over the booking of this company. AEW is fine but it's just hard to watch in Australia, I'm pretty sure it's not on TV and I don't know where to watch any wrestling online so it's WWE on Fox 8 for me.

Over here the only channel which shows WWE content is a satellite TV subscription channel. Our own national channel used to air WWF/E and WCW way back but stopped. So if you can't afford satellite TV (which also includes TNT Africa, so people can catch AEW Rampage a week later) then the only way to keep up is by watching online :|

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
    Years

Let's see how WWE will treat him if he pops up there, I was surprised to hear about that during the week. Hopefully he will be a much bigger deal this time round than when he left WWE, but I still worry that he'll be the shiny new star for a short while then be pushed down to mid card or just outside of the main event scene regardless of which brand he joins.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    Let's see how WWE will treat him if he pops up there, I was surprised to hear about that during the week. Hopefully he will be a much bigger deal this time round than when he left WWE, but I still worry that he'll be the shiny new star for a short while then be pushed down to mid card or just outside of the main event scene regardless of which brand he joins.

I mean that seems kind of obvious honestly. Reportedly... according to one of the CageSideSeats Rumor Roundups... he'll be recording return vignettes as soon as this weekend (but it's called 'Rumor Roundup' for a reason obviously). I could see him showing up as soon as the PPV today in Saudi/The Blood Money place or possibly this upcoming Monday or Friday. The latest would be WrestleMania or the day after WrestleMania (which I think would be preferred to get the best possible reaction tbh).

As far as how they'll treat him... well... probably how he wants to be treated. At least at first. Because they want to dangle the carrot or the shiny in front of everyone to 'change the narrative' to show everyone 'Hey! Look!! We got one!! And one of their former EVP's at that!!'

Which will last about 6 months or so (if even that) due to how bored Vince gets tired of things before we see the inevitable return of Stardust.

*sighs*

😒

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
    Years
    I mean that seems kind of obvious. Reportedly... according to one of the CageSideSeats Rumor Roundups... he'll be recording return vignettes as soon as this weekend (but it's called 'Rumor Roundup' for a reason obviously). I could see him showing up as soon as the PPV today in Saudi/The Blood Money place or possibly this upcoming Monday or Friday. The latest would be WrestleMania or the day after WrestleMania (which I think would be preferred to get the best possible reaction tbh).

As far as how they'll treat him... well... probably how he wants to be treated. At least at first. Because they want to dangle the carrot or the shiny in front of everyone to 'change the narrative' to show everyone 'Hey! Look!! We got one!! And one of their former EVP's at that!!'

Which will last about 6 months or so (if even that) due to how bored Vince gets tired of things before we see the inevitable return of Stardust.

*sighs*

😒

I would be shocked if WWE goes the AEW route and has him on TV as soon as possible, like maybe next week. Striking while he's still red hot news. But I can see them saving him for WrestleMania or afterwards, and in the meantime those vignettes are rolled out during this last stretch to Mania for some hype building.

I do wonder if he'll have a "no Stardust" clause written into his contract tbh...

He might've had more creative freedom in AEW than what he could end up with while back in WWE and with Vince's attention. I really hope Stardust doesn't come back 😂 Mother of Christ, it has 24/7 division shenanigans written all over it! But that would be a Vince style move, wouldn't it? To have one of AEW's founders in WWE and put him back in the same gimmick which led to him leaving WWE in the first place. Seems like something Vince would get a huge kick out of.

If things do go smoothly for Cody, do you see him becoming a WWE world champion at some point like what happened to Drew and Bobby? They are the closest parallels to Cody in terms of talent who left WWE, became major stars elsewhere and then came back to win the big one eventually.

Years
    • Seen today
    Devastating.

Rest Easy Scott Hall.

Pro Wrestling

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    Seth Rollins WrestleMania match................ TURNED INTO AN AMERICAN NIGHTMARE.

SO. GOD DAMN. SURREAL. SERIOUSLY. IT WAS LITERALLY WITH THE SAME MUSIC AND EVERYTHING. 😱

Oh... and Stone Cold Steve Austin had his first match in 19 years. Before you start complaining about this... keep in mind that there is a 60 YEAR OLD MAN having matches on AEW.

With this... onto Night 2. Championship Unification? lolyeahright.

Either way... when the night ends... WE ARE GOING TO SMELL SOMETHING.

IF YOU SMELL....................

*huge ass pop*

And big OOF to Kofi, Woods, Sheamus, and Holland for their match getting cut. Hopefully it'll be done tonight or done during tonight's Kickoff

AlolanRattata

The Music Meister
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Kind of can't really say anything about WWE burying Cody in his return now.

Back