• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question of the Day

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    Who's your favorite Mystery Dungeon Pokemon to recruit?

I haven't recruited anyone yet! When I do, I'll update this posting.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Which one I get depends on how I'm feeling. If I don't feel like going out to the store to buy a hard copy, I'll download it. If I don't feel like waiting 6 hours for it to download and install, I'll go out and buy it :P

Question of the Day

Who's your favorite Mystery Dungeon Pokemon to recruit?​

Any Water-type Pokemon; I'm a Water-type fanatic.

pkmin3033

Any of the larger sized ones; I just love wandering around with hulking behemoths following me. Although Aerodactyl is one of my favourites as well for how useful it is with its constant overuse of Agility. Annoying when you're surrounded by, like, four or five of the buggers delaying your turns, but brilliant when it's speeding you up.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023

I only completed Red, and so far I liked Zigzagoon for its Pickup ability and Absol for how good it is.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Well that is depends how good is the pokemon.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024

Pretty much any legendary Pokemon that I've ever recruited has always felt awesome. I haven't played since Explorers of Darkness, but I hope this is still a thing in PSMD.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I don't tend to put much care as to who I have on PMD, but I do agree that legendary Pokémon are sometimes nice to see siding with you; they could be a lot powerful.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I would say that I like recruiting any of my "favorite" Pokemon from the main series. Starters in particular. I also like recruiting legendaries; it's really satisfying.

pkmin3033

Who's your favorite ever Pokemon Mystery Dungeon character?

Team Charm, as a group. They're like the magical girl team of the PMD world, complete with catchy theme music. I was so happy when they got their own special episode in Explorers of Sky. xD

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023

I only played Red, therefore so far my favorite character is Gardevoir who appears in your main character's dreams.

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Grovyle even he is a baddie at first, but risk himself for you! It's bit upsetting and perhaps I see gates was Virizion because she is bit confused at first then possibly get along.

Years

Gengar, from Red Rescue Team. He's a character that you won't grow attached to unless you play pretty much well into post-credits. Gengar starts off as a mischievous individual who does everything to ruin the protagonist's day; as the story progresses, more of the backstory is revealed about his curse and connection to Gardevoir. Eventually it's revealed that the sinister smirk is merely masking a broken, damaged soul, and the protagonist helps him break the curse. Gengar's role represents character development at it's finest, and that's what makes him my favorite not only in PMD, but the entire Pokemon franchise as a whole.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    So far my favorite has been Hydreigon in Gates to Infinity, because omg, he's just so entertaining. But Keldeo is also a pretty fun character too! Since GtI is the only Mystery Dungeon game I've played though, my pool is very limited. Maybe once I finish Super PMD I'll have another favorite :)

Question of the Day

What's your favorite battle format (other than singles)?​

pkmin3033

What's your favorite battle format (other than singles)?

Doubles, because it's the only one I can stand. Triples are a bit crowded, Rotation is the worst, most poorly implemented idea I have ever seen in a Pokemon game, and...are there any others? I suppose you could count randoms or rentals from the Battle Frontier, but I hate being at the mercy of the unfeeling RNG.

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024

Rotation battles always makes the battle bit more exciting and the random format gives interesting ideas on what team you could have if you have that pokemon and utilized it well

Years

Doubles and Triples. I love the idea of being able to team up and focus on one target or even have one team member each handle one opponent. It's also very fun and it's so annoying when there isn't enough in the game.

Back