• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question of the Day

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2016
    What's the most expensive purchase you've ever made in a Pokemon game?: I know in the end I always dump the most money into pokeballs. I experiment a lot so I'm always catching something and have probably used upwards of 5-6k in ORAS alone.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    I did some pretty heavy spending in Y, and those clothing items can get pretty expensive, so I'll say that :P I recall a few of those restaurants in Lumiose City costing a pretty penny too, but I only ever did the cheaper ones.

Question of the Day

What's the luckiest legendary catch you've ever made? (e.g. ever caught a legendary in a basic Pokeball, for example?)

Sirfetch’d

What's the luckiest legendary catch you've ever made? (e.g. ever caught a legendary in a basic Pokeball, for example?)

Ha! This is a great question because it happened to me today. I was doing the Delta Episode in ORAS and was fighting Rayquaza. I had about 200 Heal Balls which are my favorite and I said to myslf "I am just going to toss one of these and see what happens" I snagged him right away! I believe the catch rate is much better in this game but it was still fun regardless xD

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    During Delta episode, Just as Rayquaza's HP is less 15% I snag it with a regular pokeball and Mewtwo (before teh trade) just caught with 1 duskball (not capture o power and no burn/sleep/paralyzed)

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years

Ha! This is a great question because it happened to me today. I was doing the Delta Episode in ORAS and was fighting Rayquaza. I had about 200 Heal Balls which are my favorite and I said to myslf "I am just going to toss one of these and see what happens" I snagged him right away! I believe the catch rate is much better in this game but it was still fun regardless xD

Ah, how lucky! Always nice to get a lucky catch like that when you least expect it.

My luckiest catch is very similar, actually. In Black I caught Reshiram in a Heal Ball. Those were actually all I had left, and I only had like 3 or 4 of them, so catching it in one on my first try was prettttty lucky.

So! Important announcement, these next 2 will be the final questions for QotD (which means it'll end on New Years. not a bad place to end it, and I actually never expected it to go nearly this long, I just kept it going as long as it was popular!)

So, let's make these last two something related to the new year.

Question of the Day

Do you have any Pokemon gaming new years resolutions for 2016? (for example, finally completing the Pokedex? Playing that one game you've been planning to play for some time? Doing a Let's Play on youtube for the first time? etc?)

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    Do you have any Pokemon gaming new years resolutions for 2016?

For now basically getting a completed documented run, or maybe complete every possible nuzrun I could do.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years

I was planning on completing my living PokeDex in OmegaRuby by the end of 2015 and I finished a little ahead of schedule.

I think I'm going to try and breed a full team of shiny 5-6 IV Pokemon. Currently working on a shiny Timid Protean Greninja. Got so many 6 IV non-shinies so far out of ~120 eggs. It'll be here soon... soon...

Oh. And of course see how much work I can put into the visual novel I'm working on. Next demo update should be in late January. Ah. Work. Work work work.

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Mastering about IV/EV and getting a perfect team

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Do you have any Pokémon gaming new years resolutions for 2016?
    I have to try paying the games more rather than others, definitely.

Years

To hopefully find another shiny. It had been months since my last shiny encounter, which was a Zigzagoon I caught in Alpha Sapphire. And hopefully plan to give Super Mystery Dungeon a chance... but unfortunately we are still waiting for it at this stage unlike the US and Japan who already have played it.

Last edited:

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017

Yea! I'm going to finish my living dex challenge! I'm at least 80% done with it, so I think it's a realistic goal.

Sukyandaru

kimi ni baby sweet berry love
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2019
    Do you have any Pokemon gaming new years resolutions for 2016? (for example, finally completing the Pokedex? Playing that one game you've been planning to play for some time? Doing a Let's Play on youtube for the first time? etc?)
    I need to finally finish Pokemon Alpha Sapphire! I'm just past the 6th gym, so hopefully within the next year I can get past the main story and the Delta Episode!
    Also, I'd like to get Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon and finish that, once they release it here in Australia ><.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    My new years resolution is to complete my living Dex in ORAS, and like Sukyandaru said, finish Super Mystery Dungeon, and I'd also like to play some of the previous mystery dungeon games I haven't played yet.

And here's our final question!

Question of the Day

What new Pokemon games or Pokemon gaming releases are you most hoping for in 2016?​

Years
    What new Pokemon games or Pokemon gaming releases are you most hoping for in 2016?

Hopefully the XY third version (sequel or whatever) because we know Zygarde had new forms unveiled so it should be a sign Pokemon Z has to be a thing.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
    What new Pokemon games or Pokemon gaming releases are you most hoping for in 2016?
    Question of the Day

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Pokemon YZ or XZ or maybe just Pokemon Z

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    What new Pokémon games or Pokémon gaming releases are you most hoping for in 2016?
    The third version of XY, for sure! I'm also interested to see what kind of games they have in mind for their home console.

Nas160

Sometimes here...!
    Years
    Lots of things! First, beating Y version, and the immediately moving on back to ORAS to make my progress in it more complete, like getting the rest of the legendaries, getting the remaining Master Ranks of the contests, exploring the S.S. Tidal and Meteor Falls, getting the remaining Mega Stones and other items, and doing other stuff I've probably missed. Otherwise, if I have the time, I'd like to start getting into other miscellaneous things I've always wanted to do but didn't have the time for before, such as shiny hunting, filling up my National Dex, breeding and training perfect stat/nature Pokémon, and other stuff.

UPDATE! Just fired up my old Platinum for old times' sake and because I started watching Chuggaaconroy's Platinum playthrough (super glad he's doing Pokémon again, this is gonna be the first time in a while I watch his videos :) ), and I realized I hadn't yet caught Dialga or Palkia. One of the first things I want to do for the new year is buff up some Pokémon and go to Mt. Coronet, get the orbs, and go to Spear Pillar to catch them both. This'll be the first thing I've really done in this game in a long time {XD} It'll be nice and nostalgic :P I've also been planning to get a fresh new copy of Plat to start a new file cause I don't want to save over my old one :P Haven't ever really played through and old game other than when it came out, so this'll be fun I think :)

I'm also also considering picking up my LeafGreen and getting past the damn Pokémon Mansion I've been stuck at ever since I was a kid. I don't believe I've ever made it past it, but I think I finally will. I'm disappointed I never finished LeafGreen as a kid, but maybe that will change next year.

Other than that, I'd like to get into doing my Emerald randomized run.

Also, this is probably a stretch, but I'd like to start watching the anime from the beginning on the 20th anniversary of the games' original release, all the way up to the latest episode. I'm also currently catching up in the Japanese version of XY (absolutely loving it, by the way!) and hope to fully catch up early in the year.

What new Pokémon games or Pokémon gaming releases are you most hoping for in 2016?
    Z version! After I finish Y, of course, haha.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 2, 2017
    I can't wait for Pokémon Z they released info and spoilers on it so soon and we have to wait too long for it to be released :{

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    I plan to play through all the titles (except Gen VI, probably) by the end of the year. It'll be the last time I touch Pokemon for a while though! xD

I won't say Z until I see an official announcement so I'll say GO instead. It sounds like it'll be quite fun and I'm actually looking forward to it! :D

Back