• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question of the Day

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    What's the weakest Pokemon you've used in a playthrough?
    Bidoof or Ratatata anyone.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    I believe during an Emerald playthrough I used a Beautifly throughout the entire game. It's a great Pokemon early in the game, but it's not the best late in the game. Still managed to do well with it though, miraculously enough :o

Question of the Day

What's the best thing you've ever gotten from a trade?​

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    What's the best thing you've ever gotten from a trade?
    It's depends if was GTS, Wonder Trade or Direct Trade or PSS trade. Perhaps the pokemon I want from GTS.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Are there any Pokémon that you wish had better stats or were better competitively.

Delcatty. This is an adorable Pokemon that could be very popular if given something. Give it Fairy Typing, give it some better moves and get rid of the horrendous Normalise Ability.

Milotic. Whilst It's not a bad Pokemon per se it really should have got a Mega in the ORAS games considering it is Wallace's (A former Champion) signature Pokémon and was very difficult to get in the Original games. I am bemused how the likes of Beedrill, Glalie and Audino got a Mega and Milotic did not.

Ninetales. I'd really like to see Fire/Fairy typing here, maybe as a Mega.

What is the weakest Pokemon you have used in a Playthrough.

In my Fairy Monotype I took a Jigglypuff to the Hall of Fame.

What's the best thing you got in a trade?

Quite a few things...

A Shiny Male Ralts for a Klang
    A Shiny Cottonee for a Tornadus
    A Shiny Kyogre for a Mienshao
    A 5IV Shiny Espeon from Wonder Trade.
    A Shiny Latias from Wonder Trade.

That's just off the top of my head.

Years
    Are there any Pokémon that you wish had better stats or were better competitively?

There are a few I wish were like this, such as Seviper and Audino. I wish the Mega Evolution for the latter had a better ability perhaps...

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    The best thing I've ever gotten from a trade is a 6IV shiny Totodile from Wondertrade during a Wondertrade Wednesday :D That was super lucky on my part. I'm not sure I'll ever score something like that again :P

So, this is something I've actually always wanted to get more into, myself.

Question of the Day

Have you ever done RNG abuse, or considered getting into it?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    I have no idea what that is and will probably never use it.

What is the weakest Pokemon you have used in a Playthrough?
    Possibly my ****ing Yamask in one of my Black 2 runs, he could only use a weak ghost attack with meh PP to actually do reliable damage. If it weren't for that, it would be my lameass Jolly Quilava from SS. Can't get the OHKO, Tackle missed more than I expect, and was nothing but fast. Ugh. And honorable mentions goes to my hustle Darumaka for obvious reasons.

I've recently obtained a shiny Treecko in my new run, a wonderlocke. I'm already using that line in my OR nuzrun... But it's SHINY.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Are there any Pokémon that you wish had better stats or were better competitively?
    Chatot should definitely have better stats. The beginning rodents and bugs should be buffed a tad so there's decent Pokemon to use at that time and also so beginning trainers aren't complete pushovers.

Back when I was into competitive, I considered it. Finding the Secret ID for shiny pokemon looked like a pain as did advancing frames. When my interest for Pokemon faded, so did my interest in RNG.

Fletching I can't remember now but I got a Braviary with Pokerus on wonder trade. It's probably the best.

What is the weakest Pokemon you have used in a Playthrough?
    I hardly remember any of my in-game teams. Luxray in Pt and Pidgeot in FR were pretty weak... Well, I don't think I've ever used a really weak Pokemon purposely. So Luxray's my answer I suppose?

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Have you ever done RNG abuse or ever considered going into it?

No. I don't really understand it and whilst finding my Shiny ID may help me get more Shinys, I have had a recent happy habit of finding my favourite Shiny Pokémon legitimately.

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Much I don't get lucky, RNG hates me.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Are there any Pokemon you wish had better stats and/or were better competitively?

Older question, I know, but I would love for Bergmite and Avalugg to be better competitively!

i have never even considered looking into it.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years

Man, I tried getting into this at one point and it really doesn't click well with me. u.u;; It's maybe because I'm not doing something right, so at the end I just kinda gave up because I never got the results I really wanted. Maybe some other time I'll get back into RNG abusing but not this time around.

It's a lot to take in, and from what I hear it takes some practice to get it down.

I've studied it a bit, familiarized myself with the concepts behind it a bit, but haven't yet tried it beyond downloading RNG reporter. I've been hoping to get into it in order to get my hands on a few shiny legendaries. Maybe one day I'll find the time...

Question of the Day

If you had to go through a game with only a single Pokemon of your choice, which would you choose?

(I'm sure most people will pick their favorites, but you might also want to take strength into account since it'll have to be able to carry you through the entire game!)

Last edited:

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    If you had to go through a game with only a single Pokemon of your choice, which would you choose?

The Totodile line. I've been willing to do a Totodile sololock for a long time now, but it's far from ready.

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Honedge Line maybe

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    If you could pick a single Pokemon to do a solo run with which would you pick and why?

Having recently done a Kanto run using only the Bulbasaur and Vileplume line I'd like to take it one step further and maybe do a Bulbasaur line solo run.

Maybe in Kalos where I can take advantage of Mega Venusaur.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    I'd probably choose the Florges line. Great all around, in terms of typing, defense, offense, etc. So I think it'd be able to carry me through the game. Plus it's among my favorite evo lines, so of course that's a major factor too :)

Question of the Day

What's the most expensive purchase you've ever made in a Pokemon game?​

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024

Zangoose! I have no idea if it's actually a viable choice or not haha but he could surely kill anything with the help of some TMs, in Ruby :3

What's the most expensive purchase you've ever made in a Pokemon game?
    Um... No idea, sorry haha.

Years

I guess clothing items in X. I found myself cash-strapped in most of the early parts because of it.

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Fashion and customization items in XY I guess, the good looking one seems so expensive. But I can't say if Writ is worth the count also ORAS full restore is most expensive

Back