• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question of the Day

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
Years
  • If you could add one new item to any Pokemon game, what would it be, and what would its effects be?

I would add an item that would allow you to heal HP in weather's that would normally hurt you, like Hail or Sandstorm. I'd probably have four different items for each of the weathers, so this is sort of cheating if the question asks for only one.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Great answers, guys! Some amazing items that would most certainly be great to have in-game :D

After putting some thought into this, I would say a great item would be a Megaphone: a hold item that turns the holder's every attack into a sound-based attack, so they'll always hit the opponent through a Substitute :D

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    If you could add one new item to any Pokemon game, what would it be, and what would its effects be?

I think an item that I'd like to see added to the game is a pathfinder item, which would essentially help you navigate dungeons by highlighting a path to the closest exit. If not that, then a flashlight that we can use instead of the move flash in caves.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • If you could add one new item to any Pokemon game, what would it be, and what would its effects be?

I think an item that I'd like to see added to the game is a pathfinder item, which would essentially help you navigate dungeons by highlighting a path to the closest exit. If not that, then a flashlight that we can use instead of the move flash in caves.

Oooh good one! I really like this idea because it would make navigating caves a lot less of a pain. I have no sense of direction when when exploring caves, so I'd be relying on this pretty heavily haha

And yes, like you and KetsuekiR, I'd totally be on board for items replacing TMs -_-

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    If you could add one new item to any Pokemon game, what would it be, and what would its effects be?

I wholeheartedly agree with the flashlight idea! Sometimes I don't even bother with flash.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I wholeheartedly agree with the flashlight idea! Sometimes I don't even bother with flash.

It was always pretty easy to get through caves without it, until they started doing that total darkness with a spotlight on you thing in gen 3 -_- So yea GameFreak, flashlights plz.

Question of the Day

What's a move (or moves) that you'd say you rely the most heavily on in-game?​

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Question of the Day

What's a move (or moves) that you'd say you rely the most heavily on in-game?​

It differs from every generations, but one of the moves I've been using since I began my debut as a Pokémon Trainer is the move Surf! :)
    I'm guessing that's because I'm an avid Water-type user, or it could be the other way round -- It's Surf that made me realized the Water-type as a reliable and strong type! :)

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • It differs from every generations, but one of the moves I've been using since I began my debut as a Pokémon Trainer is the move Surf! :)
    I'm guessing that's because I'm an avid Water-type user, or it could be the other way round -- It's Surf that made me realized the Water-type as a reliable and strong type! :)

Surf is a pretty great move! Especially in gen 3, when it hits both opponents in double battles ^^

For me, my most relied upon moves are tied between Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, and Ice Beam--they're tried and true moves that you can always rely on to do some effective damage, and have a small chance of causing a status ailment ^^ I also rely pretty heavily on Toxic. It's great that almost every Pokemon can learn it via TM, and it's a nice way to whittle down your opponent's HP regardless of stat matchups.

pkmin3033

What's a move (or moves) that you'd say you rely the most heavily on in-game?

It depends on what I've got on my team and what they're capable of learning, really...usually I find myself spamming their strongest attack move after a boost or two; the games don't really require much else in the way of strategy.

One I find myself coming back to repeatedly is Thunder Wave, though - both for catching Pokemon and crippling Gym Leader's/E4's teams. False Swipe is probably the attack move I rely on most heavily, since I spend more time catching Pokemon than anything else.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • What's a move (or moves) that you'd say you rely on the most heavily in-game?

HYPER BEAM.
    JK Earthquake spam ftw. Unless Flying. Then Hyper Beam. Unless Ghost/Levitate. Then Ice Beam.

...ICE BEAM.

Last edited:

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    - Moves with high power and accuracy despite the drawbacks
    - Moves with decent power and accuracy (thunderbolt, ice beam and flamethrower)
    I not fond of attack that misses and gets recoil or often misses like focus blast.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    What's a move (or moves) that you'd say you rely on the most heavily in-game?

I really couldn't tell you. I tend to try something different with every playthrough that I do so there's a lot of things.

Years

I'm in the same boat as Blue Yveltal there. I like to mainly use moves with a usable base power and accuracy, and I tend to avoid recoil and low-accuracy moves.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • What's a move (or moves) that you'd say you rely the most heavily on in-game?
    - Moves with high power and accuracy despite the drawbacks
    - Moves with decent power and accuracy (thunderbolt, ice beam and flamethrower)
    I not fond of attack that misses and gets recoil or often misses like focus blast.

I'm in the same boat as Blue Yveltal there. I like to mainly use moves with a usable base power and accuracy, and I tend to avoid recoil and low-accuracy moves.

Yea, I agree. Recoil moves are usually pretty strong, but the recoil damage adds up over time, slowly but surely. And low accuracy moves are a pain because it's so frustrating when they miss (especially in my case, since I always seem to miss at the most critical times). I feel like reliable moves like Thunderbolt, Moonblast, Earthquake, etc. are the best way to go.

HYPER BEAM.
    JK Earthquake spam ftw. Unless Flying. Then Hyper Beam. Unless Ghost/Levitate. Then Ice Beam.

...ICE BEAM.

Isn't the recharge turn a huge pain in a butt though? o: I Love how strong Hyper Beam is, but I'm way too impatient to wait a turn to recharge each time haha

itsSacred

Sly and Strong like a Blaziken
    Years

Right now as I play through ORAS, I use Muddy Water until I can't. Still trying to build a team.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    The stock moves that have been tried and tested to have the most rewards for the lowest opportunity cost. Sometimes I do go for unusual move choices based on whatever composition my party has. For instance, I had Thunder to exploit Compoundeyes on my Galvantula (and it has never missed during critical battles). Recoil moves don't faze me much since I usually put Shell Bells on them, and such Pokemon sets are meant to be glass cannons.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    I go for high-power, high-accuracy moves, usuall >100,100%. Moves that come to mind are:
    Aura Sphere, Ice Beam, Dark Pulse, Water Pulse, Psychic, Close Combat, Grass Knot, Eruption, Lava Plume, Brave Bird, Dragon Ascent...

Years
    Leech seed and sleep powder by venu lol!(But thats in fan made game where difficulty is insane)
    In official games,it might be flamethrower.Cause I always have one fire type in my team and always that mon has flamethrower which I love to spam!

Back