• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question of the Day

pkmin3033

Actually, thinking on it, I just realised that Luck IS in the games as an invisible attribute of sorts as Critical Hit Ratio, which you can increase through use of certain moves. So, Pokemon has pretty much every stat type you see in JRPGs. Although I still think having the invisible attributes as visible in the stats screen in battle would just be nice; it wouldn't complicate things any further and it'd help people keep track.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    If you could add a new stat to the main series games, what would it be?

To be honest, nothing sticks out as something we /need/ to add. Everything's fine right now.

Reactions: Sun

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • If you could add a new stat to the main series games, what would it be?
    All the stats seem to be pretty well thought out and so there isn't any real need for a new stat.

That said, I think it would be rather interesting if the Speed stat is divided into Movement Speed (to decide who attacks first) and Reflex (to dodge/miss an attack).

Years

Mind. It determines how your moves will do more damage than normal (not as much as a critical hit). Also, it has a higher chance to activate and it works like Protect (i.e lower chance to activate = success).

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    If you could add a new stat to the main series games, what would it be?

Well, we already have these hidden stats: Evasion, Accuracy, Happiness, and Affection. Those basically cover it. So instead of adding a new stat, let's work with the ones they give us. All three of those should still be hidden, but what if we added a counter that shows how many battles a Pokemon has participated in. Based on the number of battles, the Pokemon receives points towards Affection and Happiness.

Also, a high number of battles would have a slight bonus to Accuracy and Evasion. This would give a real difference between a level 100 who was simply power-leveled/rare candied, and a level 100 who has been on some truly remarkable adventures and probably has a story or two to tell.

Years
  • Split health into health and endurance:

Health: Still be the same.
    Endurance: Affects how well you handle status effects such as Burn or Poison.

And as for a luck stats: That would be an interesting thing to consider, but what about the Super Luck ability?

Years
  • Question of the Day

If you could add a new stat to the main series games, what would it be?​
    I agree that we don't need any more stats, since everything seems to be pretty well-covered. That Reflex concept Ketsueki mentioned does sound interesting; more fragile Pokemon could have high Reflex stats to compensate for their low defense, though it would make competitive battling somewhat more luck-based.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years

Compatibility: a stat between Pokemon and trainer. Kind of like friendship, but each Pokemon by nature is more or less likely to be compatible with a human. Say, for example, a typically tame Pokemon like Audino may have a base compatibility stat of 140. On the other hand, a more hostile Pokemon by nature like Gyarados may have a base compatibility stat of 50.

What compatibility does is another story. I just think it'd be nice to have a stat that really emphasizes how much care and effort you put into coordinating with a Pokemon that's doing the heavy lifting in battle.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Ah, I suppose this was a tough one, since the stats are already pretty good as they are. Still though, I like the answers people gave! Luck is the first thing that comes to my mind, but like Meloetta said, critical hit ratio basically covers how luck normally works in other RPGs. I like Ketsu's idea of two separate speed stats too. The Reflex part was precisely how misses/evasions were calculated from Speed back in gen 1--it was a cool concept, but it made a few Pokemon a little broken, like the Alakazam line. It definitely could have worked as two separate stats though.

Question of the Day

What Pokemon do you have the most duplicates of in your PC?​

Years
  • Question of the Day

Froakies in my cartridge copy of Y. They were a bunch of 6IV breedjects from when I was trying to hatch a mixed Protean Greninja for online competitive. In the end, I couldn't find it in me to release them all, so they were placed into their own PC boxes.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Froakies in my cartridge copy of Y. They were a bunch of 6IV breedjects from when I was trying to hatch a mixed Protean Greninja for online competitive. In the end, I couldn't find it in me to release them all, so they were placed into their own PC boxes.

You sure you ain't trying to hatch yourself a Shiny Greninja? >:)

A Protean Greninja that uses Toxic can be nasty too!~ >:)

Question of the Day

Nowadays it's Eevee, as I'm trying my best to hatch a Shiny HA 6IVs Eevee, it would be great if it's a female but gender isn't necessary.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • What Pokemon do you have the most duplicates of in your PC?
    At some points it's usually a bunch of newly hatched Pokemon I have no use for other than release/trade-fodder. But the standard ones are Dittos of every nature...

Multiple Dittos of commonly desired natures (e.g. Adamant, Modest, Timid, Jolly) for IV purposes because I don't have that universal 6-IV Ditto.

Well, I guess I could always hack one from BW/HGSS and transfer that over now that I think about it...

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years

Last I checked, Drought Vulpixes because I was trying to breed a shiny Drought Vulpix.

pkmin3033

What Pokemon do you have the most duplicates of in your PC?

Typically I don't have duplicates, at least not for very long - I put one of everything into my PC boxes, so I never have more than three of the same Pokemon. Since my X file was corrupted I've not bothered at all though.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    At some points it's usually a bunch of newly hatched Pokemon I have no use for other than release/trade-fodder. But the standard ones are Dittos of every nature...

Multiple Dittos of commonly desired natures (e.g. Adamant, Modest, Timid, Jolly) for IV purposes because I don't have that universal 6-IV Ditto.

I've been meaning to do that. So far though I've only gotten my hands on an adamant and a jolly one :c

And I'm sure no one will really be surprised by this, but the Pokemon that I have the most duplicates of by far is Mawile :P I've spent a lot of my time trying to get a Masuda-method shiny Mawile as well as one with perfect IVs. Still haven't gotten either (though I have come close to the latter), so it looks like that collection will continue to get larger haha.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    What Pokemon do you have the most duplicates of?

I have like thirty Eevees in my X version for no good reason.

itsSacred

Sly and Strong like a Blaziken
    Years
  • What Pokemon do you have the most duplicates of?

Definitely the first route mons like Zigzagoon, Pidgey, etc.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    What Pok?mon do you have the most duplicates of?
    For me, it's only Eevee, so I'd be able to get a hold of all its other evolution. Aside from that, I don't believe I have any duplicates.

Years

Well, I guess I could always hack one from BW/HGSS and transfer that over now that I think about it...

Pretty much this in my HG, about half came from Cerulean Cave.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    What Pokemon do you have the most duplicates of in your PC?

I have a lot of Tyrogue. It was the first Pokemon I tried to breed for competitive and I ended up with several boxes of them. I think I had only a handful of Tyrogue left because I gave them out or Wondertraded them over time.

Back