• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question of the Day

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
    Ah, right, the PC trick :x I'll also add an addendum that your Pokemon aren't healed when they're deposited into the PC (primarily because if I don't, everyone's answer would be to box them xD)
    The first thing I thought about was the PC trick and Mom (+other healing NPCs).

You can technically just grind on the first route, heal by visiting Mom, repeat nonstop until overleveled, brute force your way through the first couple towns until you find another healing NPC ("checkpoint") and repeat until you get HM02, then you just grind, Fly to Mom, grind, Fly to Mom, ...

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Question of the Day

Suppose there were no Pokemon Centers in the games. How far do you think you'd make it into the game?(name a particular location in a particular game!)

In most games, the protagonists' mothers heal their children's Pokemon. While some kind people offer help to the players every now and again. Let's not forget the doctors and nurses scattered around the Unova region! :)

If such are also not available, XD we still have the friendly shops, where you can buy potions and other medicines. One can also get involved a bit in the agriculture and natural side by farming berries. :)

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Suppose there were no Pokemon Centers in the games. How far do you think you'd make it into the game?

Depends on if I can buy Tents to get a full heal and how cheap they are. If I can then it's not a big deal.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    If you could change, add, or remove one type match-up from the games, what would it be?
    I would make steel resistant to electric since metals conduct electricity and the logic behind grass resisting water applies here (grass conducts absorbs water).

Suppose there were no Pokemon Centers in the games. How far do you think you'd make it into the game?
    I'd step outside my house and black out. Probably the first Gym or so and then I'd most certainly black out >~< It's true that there are places to heal besides Pokemon Centers in the games but I doubt I would get that far at all ;-;

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Question of the Day

Suppose there were no Pokemon Centers in the games. How far do you think you'd make it into the game?(name a particular location in a particular game!)

Not even past the second gym, really. It'd be a hassle to run all the way back to your house and heal up.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    Not even past the second gym, really. It'd be a hassle to run all the way back to your house and heal up.

Yea, you bring up a good point. Having to run back all the time would get pretty boring. On top of that, you have to survive the trip back. So you if you just got out of a tough battle, you're hosed if you get into a trainer battle on the way back. The game might be kind of boring and tedious without Pokemon Centers.

Ah, it really makes me appreciate them more now!

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    I'm pretty sure I'd not make it past the second gym. I could make it past the first gym, since it's trivial to backtrack to Mom's house to heal up, but by the second gym, it'd be too tedious constantly going all the way back there (depending on the region, of course). And by that point there aren't too many opportunities to make money, so stocking up on potions might be difficult. And all that isn't even considering PP -_- I'd be pretty impressed with anyone who could make it beyond gym #2 haha.

Question of the Day

What's the largest sum of money you've ever obtained in the Pokemon games?​

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    What's the largest sum of money you've ever obtained in the Pokemon games?

I bet people are going to come back and say multi millions! Prior to Gen 6, I got up to about $430,000 in Diamond. Lots of grinding! In X, I had a little over $1,000,000 from restaurant Le Wow. I actually stopped turning in the mushrooms they give you so I can probably easily double my money.

I'm poor in ORAS though. It's bittersweet that Le Wow isn't in that game.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024

If I'm remembering correctly, then I managed to max out the money (so $9,999,999) in Black 2 by battling through the Black Tower a ridiculous amount of times. And I know I managed to get enough money in Platinum for those special ribbons, although I can't remember how much exactly I had at its highest.

pkmin3033

Not much...I don't think I've ever gone over 400,000 actually, because I keep spending it on things. I've never really paid much attention to the amount of money I have. xD

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years

In Black 2, I managed to get around 2 million because I was a miser and a hoarder and loved to sell all the junk in my bag that I don't use (e.g. X-Stat items, Nuggets, etc).

I don't think I've gone past the million dollar mark in other games I have though (namely Diamond, Platinum, Emerald and Leaf Green.)

Years
    Question of the Day

About $3,000,000 from Le Wow like most people. I rarely ever have that much money on me at any given time though, because I'll usually end up going on a shopping spree for TMs or some supplies. I recall hitting $999,999 (or whatever the cap was) in the RSE games once or twice too but that's about it.

CatAlert

[Insert User Title]
    Years
    It honestly depends. If it is just what I had in hand, the highest amount of money I've ever had is 800,000. I tend to hoard stuff that I probably should be selling (such as gold nuggets and mushrooms... Yeah, those. I never sell them!), so I will never know how much money I could had. :P

Years
    If you could change, add, or remove one type match-up from the games, what would it be?

Ghost and Dark type moves were not very effective against Steel type Pokémon. From Generation 6 they do neutral damage. I gonna make them effective against steel type.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years

Well over 3 million on my first playthrough of Pokemon Y. Currently sitting on 1+ million on my second playthrough of Pokemon X and I haven't even picked up my 8th badge yet,

Dat O Power + Amulet Coin spam.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016

999,999 pokébucks and counting. Just one more and I can finally get that bike!

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Question of the Day

Max, as I love collecting ribbons back in the day (ribbons in Ribbon Society are expensive!) and I also had to train Pokemon, so that number is inevitable.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    I think I hit one million in X/Y but I've never gone beyond three hundred thousand in any of the other games. I've never seen a need to grind for money and prior to OR/AS, I never played through the Battle Factory and the likes >~<

Back