• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question of the Day

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
Years
  • What's the one Pokemon you've used the most in your Pokemon game playthroughs?
    Ralts (and Kirlia). For some reason, if I'm not using Gardevoir, I'm using Gallade in every single game. I don't even know how o0r why it happens but it always ends up happening xD They both go through Ralts and Kirlia so they're definitely the Pokemon I used most ^.^

itsSacred

Sly and Strong like a Blaziken
    Years
  • What's the one Pokemon you've used the most in your Pokemon game playthroughs?
    Through Pokemon Black and beyond I used Golurk Lvl 100 to sweep everything.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen yesterday
    What's the one Pokemon you've used the most in your Pokemon game playthroughs?

Apart from every fire starter (which I pick more often than not), I always like to have a Starly on my team if I can. :)

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
    Years

Cyndaquil/Quilava/Typhlosion! I've used it a grand total of 3 times, which is saying something, because I ultimately prefer to use different Pokemon for each of my in-game teams.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I never realized the Pidgey line was so popular! :o I guess it's not totally surprising since it's usually one of the first Pokemon you can catch in the games. I haven't used it much myself, but I might just give it a try in my next playthrough!

Besides the obvious selection of my favorite Pokemon, the Pokemon I've used the most would probably be the Ralts line. It's also usually available pretty early in the game, and it's nice having a Psychic type on your team in the early-game, rather than being limited to the usual Normal/Flying/Bug/Grass/Starter selection.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen yesterday
    I never realized the Pidgey line was so popular! :o I guess it's not totally surprising since it's usually one of the first Pokemon you can catch in the games. I haven't used it much myself, but I might just give it a try in my next playthrough!

I'm more shocked by the fact you haven't use a Pidgey before! Pidgey, apart from being on of the most common and easily acquired Pokémon (I like to think of it as the Zubat of Route 1's) actually has two decent evolutions and just enough of that "cool factor" to make it a great catch for any casual player.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years

Cyndaquil/Quilava/Typhlosion! I've used it a grand total of 3 times, which is saying something, because I ultimately prefer to use different Pokemon for each of my in-game teams.

Which games? GSC and HG/SS are two of them, I'm guessing, but did you trade them into another game?

I'm more shocked by the fact you haven't use a Pidgey before! Pidgey, apart from being on of the most common and easily acquired Pokémon (I like to think of it as the Zubat of Route 1's) actually has two decent evolutions and just enough of that "cool factor" to make it a great catch for any casual player.

I think I used it a few times back in RBY and GSC, and maybe a few other times, but I've never kept it on my team throughout the playthrough. I usually end up swapping it out into the PC for other Pokes. Using it in my next AS playthrough is sounding really tempting though, because I've been wanting to try out Mega Pidgeot ^^

Years

My Sylveon in X. I feel like he was my "true" starter instead of my actual starter Greninja, but that's also because Fairy-types are so good against most in-game opponents.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    Oh wait, this was question was mean to ask about a single Pokemon? My bad!

In the case Kyogre, the KYOGRE, from Sapphire. Got me through Sapphire, Diamond, Platinum, Soul Silver, and parts of Alpha Sapphire. The nickname was lowercased because prior to Gen 6 pokemon had uppercase names. In hindsight, I'd probably pick a more creative name.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years

My Sylveon in X. I feel like he was my "true" starter instead of my actual starter Greninja, but that's also because Fairy-types are so good against most in-game opponents.

Fairy-types do seem to do really well in X/Y! Not sure if there's actually something to that or if I'm just imagining it haha. Maybe it's because there's not a whole lot of Poison or Steel types you have to face in the game? I of course just used Sylveon because of how cute it is.

Oh wait, this was question was mean to ask about a single Pokemon? My bad!

In the case Kyogre, the KYOGRE, from Sapphire. Got me through Sapphire, Diamond, Platinum, Soul Silver, and parts of Alpha Sapphire. The nickname was lowercased because prior to Gen 6 pokemon had uppercase names. In hindsight, I'd probably pick a more creative name.

Nice! It must have been pretty cool to have your trusty Kyogre from all the way back in Sapphire go through its Primal Reversion! ^^

Question of the Day

If you had to go through a main series game with only a single Pokemon of your choice, which would you choose and why?​

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    If you had to go through a main series game with only a single Pokemon of your choice, which would you choose and why?

I guess I could say Aggron because duh, but I think it'd be fun to do that with a lot of pokémon.

Years
  • Question of the Day

If you had to go through a main series game with only a single Pokemon of your choice, which would you choose and why?​
    Once again I'm inclined to say Salamence, but it doesn't really become that strong until it evolves, which is fairly late into the game. Whiteouts would be near constant while it's still in its pre-evolved forms.

Swampert would be the one I pick. It's very reliable all around, and only has one weakness that is easily covered by an Ice-type move. The only disadvantage I can see is that it can't learn Fly like Salamence.

Reactions: Sun
    Years
  • If you had to go through a main series game with only a single Pokemon of your choice, which would you choose and why?

In RSE, Swampert is nearly invincible in some circumstances. I'll go with that.

Reactions: Sun

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Question of the Day

It's either the Torchic line or Mudkip line, they are the most reliable starters in my eyes.

pkmin3033

If you had to go through a main series game with only a single Pokemon of your choice, which would you choose and why?

Arceus, because there would be something wonderfully dramatic about crushing everything that dared stand in my path with the God of all Pokemon...especially if I named myself after a hero or heroine of myth, legend, or even religion. It wouldn't be the hardest playthrough ever, and training would be hell due to slow growth rate, but it'd be fun!

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • If you had to go through a main series game with only a single Pokemon of your choice, which would you choose and why?

Excluding the need for HMs, then probably an Adamant Technician Cinccino.

Rock Blast (covers Fire, Bug, Ice, Flying)
    Bullet Seed (covers Water, Rock, Ground)
    Thief (covers Psychic, Ghost)
    Tail Slap or Return (STAB)

Fighting types might pose an issue, but should be able to outspeed the vast majority of them. And since it's the lone Pokemon in the party, it's likely going to outlevel everything as well.

Bonus for being able to fit in a backpack or act as a head accessory.

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
    Years
  • Which games? GSC and HG/SS are two of them, I'm guessing, but did you trade them into another game?

Yep, the third time I used it I traded a Cyndaquil I had from White over to White2. While I do like Tepig, I don't like its evolutions (unfortunately), so I decided to replace it with another starter, haha.
    Previously I used Typhlosion in GSC and HG/SS, as you guessed ;-]

Question of the Day

I feel like this would be a pretty hard question for some people, but I instantly thought of Chandelure. It was the MVP of my White team, and I used it 90% of the time, so I'd feel the most comfortable tackling an entire main series game with Chandelure out of any other Pokemon. Well, with the exception of legendaries... if choosing a legendary is possible, I'd go with Genesect; I like its design and it'd also be so damn OP, lmao.

But back to Chandelure - I remember wrecking everything thanks to a moveset of Energy Ball, Shadow Ball, Flamethrower/Fire Blast, and Psychic. It was insane.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen yesterday

It's a rather tough choice, but if you take out actually worrying about having to cover the various Pokémon you'll have to face and just pick a favorite, well... it's still a tough choice because of how many I like! Right now I think it would be fun to try playing through with a Manaphy or a Meloetta, though. Maybe even a Dragon type like Salamence.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017

I would pick Lucario! I've always used a Lucario, so I'm pretty good with it.

Embernight

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2022
    Because I love dragon-types, I would probably choose to use one. I'd probably go with Dragonite, because of it's versatility. It can learn several good elemental moves, and it can also learn most of the HM's such as Surf, Fly, and Waterfall, which are pretty nice to have in any game.

Back