• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
  • Is it possible to use hidesprite to hide a OW that is not in the same map as you?

No, it isn't, but if you want it permanently gone, set a flag. If you want it temporarily gone, set the flag then remove it at some point.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2014
    Once you beat all the elite 4 members, set a flag. Then add a checkflag for that flag and if it's set, continue on with the event.

I thought the flag 0x82C was already set when you beat it. I just don't know how to implement it into my script.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2015
    I thought the flag 0x82C was already set when you beat it. I just don't know how to implement it into my script.
    In the script put
    Checkflag 0x82C
    if 0x1 goto @yesihacvebetantheelitee
    If 0x0 goto @nostillhavetobeatthem

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2014
    Expanding on this:
    Is there a text editor tool available for OS X (preferably working with gen III) or am I wasting my time looking for one?
    Including the option of running under wine, does anyone know the best and/or any working script editors? I've tried most major script editors under wine and none seem to be working.

In case anyone else is wondering about cross platform supported tools, Jambo51's unnamed trainer editor runs good enough under wine to be workable, the MEH alpha for map editing, and The Lord of the Tools for pokemon editing (the thread is titled Pokemon Gen III Rom Hacking Suite).

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • xD
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm starting over to my hack and now I'm wondering, Pkmn R/E or Pkmn FR?

Pokemon Emerald all the way. FR is so overdone and used, Emerald is what's boomin' and it's getting a lot of great resources as of lately including the in-development DSLN which is Touched's version of what JPAN did for FR. It has a lot of features that built-in that FR doesn't have and it's just cooler yo! Has all the FR music AND EM music, etc.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Emerald is the bomb diggity 101 $w@Q King. You'll have to watch out for music corruption though, but other than that, I enjoy hacking EM more.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • Pokemon Emerald all the way. FR is so overdone and used, Emerald is what's boomin' and it's getting a lot of great resources as of lately including the in-development DSLN which is Touched's version of what JPAN did for FR. It has a lot of features that built-in that FR doesn't have and it's just cooler yo! Has all the FR music AND EM music, etc.

It's true. Even for a Fire Red Hacker. BUT if you don't want to wait for awesome features and some of the best research to date. Choose Fire Red ;)

Years
  • I want to change the text that Prof. Oak says at the intro, but I don't know how, yes, I know Advance Text, but, is there any programs that I can use?

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2018
    Anyone knows, how change graphics in Pokemon Yellow? (sorry for the stupid question)

Le pug

Years
  • I want to change the text that Prof. Oak says at the intro, but I don't know how, yes, I know Advance Text, but, is there any programs that I can use?

What happened to hacking Emerald? lol.
    If you want to edit the text, I suggest you don't do it in A-Text. Just repoint the text to the text you create. So if you make a text at offset 0x800000 then go into A-Text and find the offsets for the Oak text. Like for example,
    Quick Questions & Answers

This text is at offset 0x1C5C78. So you'll search for 78 5C 1C 08.

Quick Questions & Answers

Then just replace it with your text. so 0x800000 would be 00 00 80 08.
    This is the ONLY WAY A-text should be used ... unless you just want to fix like capitalization of stuff or shorten a text. Never make a text BIGGER in A-text.
    Also if you want to find any text in the game, click the search button on the left side vertical menu. Type in a short phrase like "Hello" and checkbox beginning of text. If the text is "Hello what's up dawg" then you have to capitalize it. It can't be "hello". Then just write it to the ini and look at the offset same way from above or in the search area you'll see the offset in decimal form if you don't want to save it to the ini just convert it to hex using something like XSE's dec to hex calculator top right of program

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Anyone know how to edit the boot screen for EM? Thanx

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen today
    Thanks for answering my last question. c:

I have another though: how does one make a stone evolution require a certain gender? I'm talking about Gallade in particular. Is it possible yet?

Le pug

Years
  • It's a simple tilemap and raw. If you want to change its functionality then you'd have to program that in yourself.

i have a question about finding raws. Like for example, I'm able to find the images for the box backgrounds in PC but I don't know how to find it's raw. Is there some easy way to do this or?

Years
  • So I'm learning C++ at the moment and I'm doing pretty well, but how can I use everything I learn when hacking Fire Red? Can I use C++ instead of ASM to create new battle items, abilities or something? I mean is it even worth to learn it to hack Fire Red?

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2015
    im using advance map and trying to script. when i click on open script it says
    'no script editor defined.' what do i do?????

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • im using advance map and trying to script. when i click on open script it says
    'no script editor defined.' what do i do?????

All you have to do is select your script editor, be it XSE or PokeScript from the Settings tab. So Settings > Choose Script Editor > XSE program or PokeScript program.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • Thanks for answering my last question. c:

I have another though: how does one make a stone evolution require a certain gender? I'm talking about Gallade in particular. Is it possible yet?

Yes, it does require asm. My hacks are an example of it in action, but the source is game-specific. I will release it soon though for those who would find it useful.

i have a question about finding raws. Like for example, I'm able to find the images for the box backgrounds in PC but I don't know how to find it's raw. Is there some easy way to do this or?

The only way would be to find a program that can detect the compressed raw (like unlz) but other than that, you really won't find it.

So I'm learning C++ at the moment and I'm doing pretty well, but how can I use everything I learn when hacking Fire Red? Can I use C++ instead of ASM to create new battle items, abilities or something? I mean is it even worth to learn it to hack Fire Red?

I use C in Fire Red
    (Poketch, intro, professor intro, contests, poffins, bag, credits etc)
    IDK if you can use C++ yet, considering the language has functions the gba doesn't.

All you have to do is select your script editor, be it XSE or PokeScript from the Settings tab. So Settings > Choose Script Editor > XSE program or PokeScript program.

XSE all the waaaaaaaaaaay :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back