• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
  • Ok so i looked at my advanced map about page and it says i'm using 1.92

Well have you ever used 1.95 in the mix with your ROM?

Either way, the problem can be fixed by changing the tileset number and putting your tiles into that one.

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2015
    Well have you ever used 1.95 in the mix with your ROM?

Either way, the problem can be fixed by changing the tile set number and putting your tiles into that one.

Thank you for helping me so far! I apologize but i'm not very good at learning/understanding things that I'm stuck with like this, is there a chance I could chat you or something because I have a feeling it's not a problem with advanced map but I'm doing something wrong (I tend to overlook minor things as unfortunately I'm a very hasty worker and I rush things)

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • Thank you for helping me so far! I apologize but i'm not very good at learning/understanding things that I'm stuck with like this, is there a chance I could chat you or something because I have a feeling it's not a problem with advanced map but I'm doing something wrong (I tend to overlook minor things as unfortunately I'm a very hasty worker and I rush things)

Yes, the link in my signature sends you to the romhacking irc.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • I'm having trouble inserting a sprite (for the first time -_-). I honestly have no clue why it wont insert properly, but basically when I insert it, the palette is all screwed up. Yes yes, the sprite is indexted, and the background color is first in the 16. As you can see here, this is it's palette shown in IrfanView:
    Quick Questions & Answers

I've found that the best sprite editing program is the Advanced Pokemon Sprite Editor, thats included with the other 2 tools (icon editor and position editor). I've edited tons of sprites with this and haven't seen this problem yet. I'm replacing deoxys' sprite.

So first I open the rom, I go to number 410 where its located, and click edit. Than I click 'import all' as I always do. I replace it with my 64x256 properly formatted and indexted image, which is this:

So when doing that, the sprite shows up fine on the top, but the bottom is the sprite that still has deoxys' palette.

All I do (as usual) is click synchronize palette, which always fixes it, excluding this time. Upon doing so, I got this:

Not sure exactly why this happened. Again, my palette was indexted, and the background color was first. I tried re-arranging the colors in different orders on IrfanView and then re inserting it, but it had no change. Anyone know what could be causing this..

Thanks in advance,

PokéMew

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2015
    Hi

I followed these two guides on Back Sprite editing. I created my own Custom Sprite and pasted it over the Original (Brendan Sprite) for Pokemon Emerald. My problem is every time I start the battle scene (where the back sprite loads) in Pokemon Emerald, the game resets itself. What exactly did I do wrong or what is causing the game to reset?

Edit: I can't seem to post the links so I'll just give you the names of the threads:
    [Tutorial] How To Edit the Backsprite of Pokemon Fire Red (Picture AND Palette)
    [Tutorial] Edit Trainer Backsprites in Pokemon Emerald

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • Hi

I followed these two guides on Back Sprite editing: I created my own Custom Sprite and pasted it over the Original (Brendan Sprite) for Pokemon Emerald. My problem is every time I start the battle scene (where the back sprite loads) in Pokemon Emerald, the game resets itself. What exactly did I do wrong or what is causing the game to reset?

What program are you using? The best method to edit the backsprite in my opinion is using NSE 2.1. You can locate the backsprites through the navigate button with that program. When you find the backsprites you can then import your custom one. Also, make sure it is indexted and it is the correct dimensions.

P.S. Make sure you have the custom sprite for all of the backsprite's frames ;)

EDIT: Ok, so you edited your post right when I made mine :P I looked at the 2nd emerald tutorial, and man, it can be a lot simpler than that. Download NSE 2.1 to see what I mean.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2015
    What program are you using? The best method to edit the backsprite in my opinion is using NSE 2.1. You can locate the backsprites through the navigate button with that program. When you find the backsprites you can then import your custom one. Also, make sure it is indexted and it is the correct dimensions.

P.S. Make sure you have the custom sprite for all of the backsprite's frames ;)

EDIT: Ok, so you edited your post right when I made mine :P I looked at the 2nd emerald tutorial, and man, it can be a lot simpler than that. Download NSE 2.1 to see what I mean.

Lol, yeah. I was using Tile Manager Alternate. I'll try using NSE to see where it take me. Thanks

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2015
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this, will this work for Trainer Back sprites?

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this, will this work for Trainer Back sprites?

NSE stores all of the backsprites shown in the game you are using. Meaning, with this program you can edit any and every backsprite thats used in emerald :P

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    Hello, I ran into this problem when using Gen 3 hack suit.
    The game is Fire red and deoxys is missing its second frame form. When encountered on birth island the sprite appears as normal form with no glitch but the attack form is completely glitched once caught. :
    In the sprites section of G3HS the "Sprite Frame" is showing 0 and I cant access sprite 1 anymore.

I cant post image atm due to my posts
    if someone could help with whats going on I appreciate thanks

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    How do you change the images for the badges in Emerald?

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hello, I ran into this problem when using Gen 3 hack suit.
    The game is Fire red and deoxys is missing its second frame form. When encountered on birth island the sprite appears as normal form with no glitch but the attack form is completely glitched once caught. :
    In the sprites section of G3HS the "Sprite Frame" is showing 0 and I cant access sprite 1 anymore.

I cant post image atm due to my posts
    if someone could help with whats going on I appreciate thanks
    This is a known bug with G3HS, as far as I'm aware. Try redoing the sprite in the Advanced Series set of tools. If you can't do that, you'll probably have to start from scratch.

Years
  • Hi, I added moves into my rom. They work well and are almost correctly displayed. Just, I have a problem with moves that can be used in the field. In the pokemon screen, if I chose a pokemon with surf, cut, (etc) there is a blank instead of the name of the attack. But you can use the move. It is not a big problem but if someone have the solution?

PurpleOrange

still don't know what I'm doing
    Years
  • i read somewhere about adding more move tutor moves but i can't for the life of me find it again, i may even be making it up completely {XD}, but if it does exist does anyone happen to know where it is?

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2015
    I want to take the exact image of the pokeball and recolor it for a new item. Which programs would allow me to painlessly save the pokeball image, recolor it, then import it as a new image? NSE only lets you do that with pokemon, trainer, and OW sprites, but not item images.

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • I want to take the exact image of the pokeball and recolor it for a new item. Which programs would allow me to painlessly save the pokeball image, recolor it, then import it as a new image? NSE only lets you do that with pokemon, trainer, and OW sprites, but not item images.

I think Pokeballs might be in UNLZ. https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=129606
    Edit the images in any image editor. Tile maps in any tile map programs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back