• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Try this...
    Code:

#org @later
    applymovement 0xE @walk5
    applymovement 0xD @walk6
    [COLOR="Red"]waitmovement 0[/COLOR]
    applymovement 0xFF @walk11
    applymovement 0x10 @walk12
    applymovement 0xE @walk13
    applymovement 0xB @walk14
    applymovement 0xD @walk15
    applymovement 0xFF @walk16
    applymovement 0x10 @walk17

I did what you said and got this script as an outcome:
    Spoiler:

What I actually noticed was when I removed the:
    special 0x3B
    playsong 0x10A 0x0

The script worked like it was supposed to. What the special script and playsong is supposed to do is change the ingame battle music. Is there a way to keep the changed battle music but have the later script continue? Its the easiest way to change music without ASM

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    I did what you said and got this script as an outcome:
    Spoiler:

What I actually noticed was when I removed the:
    special 0x3B
    playsong 0x10A 0x0

The script worked like it was supposed to. What the special script and playsong is supposed to do is change the ingame battle music. Is there a way to keep the changed battle music but have the later script continue? Its the easiest way to change music without ASM

Add waitstate after the special command. Thank my good friend FBI

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Hey guys, quick question for FR.
    In Jambo51's Pokedex Hacking thread, he says that to expand the regional dex, you only need to change the bytes at 0x10352C and 0x1035F6.
    This is all fine, but checking the Pokedex, the seen and caught numbers on the right side still say 151. Could anyone tell me the other locations I need to change to completely change the regional dex number?

Years
  • Alright that still didn't work. Ill ask once more before giving up. what I'm trying to do is get the music to play during the trainerbattle0x1. what i noticed was when I put waitstate after the special command it starts a battle with Archie, with a Question Mark Pokemon, After that Pokemon faints it does my @before text which is: SAVE GAME. Then it starts the battle with the regular FR/LG Battle Music. Is it possible to get this to work without using ASM, or should I just quit?

NOTE: When I didn't have waitstate after the special, the @before text wouldn't even show up.

For Nakasu/FBI, i added waitstate like this into my script:
    Spoiler:

Squeetz

ROM Hacker
    Years
  • Alright that still didn't work. Ill ask once more before giving up. what I'm trying to do is get the music to play during the trainerbattle0x1. what i noticed was when I put waitstate after the special command it starts a battle with Archie, with a Question Mark Pokemon, After that Pokemon faints it does my @before text which is: SAVE GAME. Then it starts the battle with the regular FR/LG Battle Music. Is it possible to get this to work without using ASM, or should I just quit?

Delete the waitstates and put 'goto' to the pointer you want to go to after each battle, like this:

special 0x3B
    playsong 0x10A 0x0
    trainerbattle 0x1 0x4 0x0 0x872CB39 0x872CB4A 0x872CB5A
    goto 0x872CB5A

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2019
    Hello all, I just downloaded it RPG Maker XP 1.02, the crackable version. When I go to open a project from Essentials 16 or 16.1 it gives the error message,

This project is from an older version of RPG Maker and cannot be loaded

What is the fix for this or is it to just get the new version from the website?

Thank you, also if this has already been answered just direct me to thread

Years
  • Hello all, I just downloaded it RPG Maker XP 1.02, the crackable version. When I go to open a project from Essentials 16 or 16.1 it gives the error message,

This project is from an older version of RPG Maker and cannot be loaded

What is the fix for this or is it to just get the new version from the website?

Thank you, also if this has already been answered just direct me to thread
    This thread is for ROM Hacking questions. RPG Maker belongs here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54

Blah

Free supporter
    Years

NOTE: When I didn't have waitstate after the special, the @before text wouldn't even show up.

For Nakasu/FBI, i added waitstate like this into my script:
    Spoiler:

Sorry, didn't bother to read the script. I just saw your comment which said that it worked perfectly without the special, then came to the conclusion that you forgot the waitstate.

After a quick look, it's become apparent to me that special 0x3B is not doing anything in your script in general. Special 0x38 seems to me like what you're looking for.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    Hello everyone!! It's me again!!
    okay.....I will make this short and quick and try not to be jerk :P..

okay.....moving on, so my question today is ->

Is there a way to reuse the space of an event ?

PS - For elaboration, click below [recommended]->​

Spoiler:

Dyskinesia

Second-rate hack
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Ohio
    • Seen May 12, 2019
    I'm trying to make a script that triggers when I try to leave the starting town before I've gotten my first Pokemon. I want the person to come out from the side, move you back, then return to their starting position. When I step on the script, though, the game freezes. What am I doing wrong?

Code:
    #dyn 0x740000
    #org @main
    lock
    checkflag 0x1000
    if 0x1 jump @done
    message @wait
    callstd MSG_NORMAL
    applymovement 0x4 @block
    applymovement PLAYER @blocked
    pauseevent 0x0
    message @leave
    callstd MSG_NORMAL
    applymovement 0x4 @back
    pauseevent 0x0
    fadedefault
    release
    end

#org @wait
    = Hey wait!

#org @leave
    = You can't leave here until\nyou have a POK\eMON!

#org @block
    m run_right run_right run_up run_up run_up run_left run_down end

#org @blocked
    m look_down look_down look_down look_right look_right look_up run_down look_up end

#org @back
    m walk_right walk_down walk_down walk_left walk_left look_right end

#org @done
    release
    end

Years
  • I'm trying to make a script that triggers when I try to leave the starting town before I've gotten my first Pokemon. I want the person to come out from the side, move you back, then return to their starting position. When I step on the script, though, the game freezes. What am I doing wrong?

Code:
    #dyn 0x740000
    #org @main
    lock
    checkflag 0x1000
    if 0x1 jump @done
    message @wait
    callstd MSG_NORMAL
    applymovement 0x4 @block
    applymovement PLAYER @blocked
    pauseevent 0x0
    message @leave
    callstd MSG_NORMAL
    applymovement 0x4 @back
    pauseevent 0x0
    fadedefault
    release
    end

#org @wait
    = Hey wait!

#org @leave
    = You can't leave here until\nyou have a POK\eMON!

#org @block
    m run_right run_right run_up run_up run_up run_left run_down end

#org @blocked
    m look_down look_down look_down look_right look_right look_up run_down look_up end

#org @back
    m walk_right walk_down walk_down walk_left walk_left look_right end

#org @done
    release
    end

Try putting waitmovement after every applymovement. Also, don't use flag 0x1000. Why? Because in reality it's some 0x4000 var. Usable flags are 0x1-0x900 in FR and 0x1-0x960 in EM.

Dyskinesia

Second-rate hack
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Ohio
    • Seen May 12, 2019
    Ok so I have switched to XSE from PKSV to see if there was any big difference in what I was doing, and I simplified the code and added a waitmovement, and it still doesn't work. I literally don't know what to do at this point, it just freezes as soon as I step on the tile before doing anything.

Code:
    '---------------
    #org 0x740263
    lockall
    applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8740270
    waitmovement 0x0
    releaseall
    end

'-----------
    ' Movements
    '-----------
    #org 0x740270
    #raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
    #raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • Ok so I have switched to XSE from PKSV to see if there was any big difference in what I was doing, and I simplified the code and added a waitmovement, and it still doesn't work. I literally don't know what to do at this point, it just freezes as soon as I step on the tile before doing anything.

Code:
    '---------------
    #org 0x740263
    lockall
    applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8740270
    waitmovement 0x0
    releaseall
    end

'-----------
    ' Movements
    '-----------
    #org 0x740270
    #raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
    #raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

That's not PKSV syntax. It'd look like this:

#dyn 0x740000
    #org @start
    lockall
    applymovement PLAYER @movement
    pauseevent 0x0
    releaseall
    end

#org @movement
    m walk_down end

Also lockall/releaseall are doing nothing here in this script honestly.

Dyskinesia

Second-rate hack
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Ohio
    • Seen May 12, 2019
    Ok what should I change then? Also I said i switched TO XSE to check if there was something i wasn't seeing with PKSV. I'm kinda lost with this, sorry.

Dyskinesia

Second-rate hack
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Ohio
    • Seen May 12, 2019
    This is a green script tile. All I want is a green script tile that makes the player back up when you step on it.

Years
    • Seen today
    This is a green script tile. All I want is a green script tile that makes the player back up when you step on it.

Did you make sure you assigned the script tile a variable?

diegoisawesome said:
    Didn't work, did it? Froze on the spot. You're going to need to change this...

Quick Questions & Answers

to this....

Quick Questions & Answers

INDIAN MEW(ARAZI)

THE WORLDS MOST DUMB MAN
    Years
  • I need help.I am more specific now please answer.
    how many pokemon can I expand for fire red to insert all 721 pokemons with form,forme and megas.(no spinda) so how many poke slots shuold I expand.and what is safe limit I mean how many pokes can I expand.
    thanks

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back