• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] RAINBOWS: A Kanto Journey IC (T)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 25, 2018

Chapter 1.3: The Battle Against a Wild Ledyba!

Before any attack commands were issued, the flock of Ledyba that had ignored the lone Ledyba began noticing what was going on and were swaring around the makeshift battlefield. Quinn took notice of this and said, "Looks like you got your friends around. Good luck!"
The Ledyba smiled and started charging at Croagunk, presumably for a Tackle attack, Quinn thought. Ledyba seem a little lightweight, so maybe I could win a head-on collision... he also thought.
"Croagunk, meet the Ledyba with Astonish!" Quinn commanded. So Croagunk started charging towards the charging Ledyba. They met head-on, and their collision was like running into a brick wall. You're running and running, then all of a sudden you stop because there is something in your way and you hurt yourself because you hit your head on bricks. So both pokemon stopped dead in their tracks when they ran into each other, and each became dazed for a short moment before trying to push each other backwards. The stalemate continued for a couple of moments, and they even started growling at each other before Croagaunk eventually started pushing the Ledyba back due to his increased weight and started gaining speed until Croagunk was able to shove Ledyba back, which he did. However, the Ledyba didn't look that harmed. A little more than Croagunk, but still not much.
"Our turn to go offensive! Use Poison Sting!" Quinn said. On command, Croagunk jumped up, opened his mouth, and released a whole bunch of purple darts at the Ledyba. However, the Ledyba wasn't just going to sit around. He was able to fly out of the darts and dodge all of them from hitting. Then, the Ledyba stopped, opened his mouth, and starting unleashing blue circles at Croagunk while making a deafening sound. However, Quinn was able to register what was happening.
"Quick, Croagunk! Use Taunt to make the Ledyba stop the Supersonic!" Quinn shouted. As the supersonic waves started impacting him, Croagunk made a Taunting gesture towards the Ledyba, s=who saw it and appropriately stopped. However, it left Croagunk slightly confused and started wobbling back and forth. Ledyba took advantage of this opportunity and came in onto the Croagunk and started using a move which could only have been Comet Punch.
"Croagunk, use Drain Punch!" Quinn commanded. Croagunk's fist turned into a green power of swirling energy, but when he swung his fist, he swung the air. He was looking in the opposite direction of where the Ledyba actually was. Quinn needed to do something before things got bad.
"Croagunk! Quick, turn around and do that again!" Quinn exclaimed. Somehow, in a dazed state, Croagunk managed to slowly turn around and hit the Ledyba, knocking it back. Luckily, this was also when Croagunk had snapped out of confusion. Quinn knew he had to take advantage of this short advantage he had.
"Now, Croagunk. Poison Sting!" Quinn shouted. Croagunk opened his mouth, sucked in, and then released a whole bunch of poison arrows straight for the Ledyba. Ledyba scrambled to dodge them, and did surprisingly well dodging most of them. However, three hit Ledyba, and the second dart poisoned Ledyba. He recoiled at the poison damage.
"Alright Croagunk! Finish the battle with Astonish!" Quinn said. So Croagunk charged up to the downed Ledyba and slammed into it, sliding the Ledyba back a long ways, creating a dust cloud. When the dust cleared, Ledyba hadn't fainted but it was clear that it couldn't battle any longer. So Quinn pulled out a red and white sphere from his pocket and chucked it at the Ledyba.
"Pokeball, go!" he exclaimed.
It shook once.
It shook twice.
It shook three times.
It clicked.
"Hooray!" Quinn shouted. Croagunk let out a cry of joy as well. The Ledyba that were watching the battle snickered a little bit then flew away. Quinn let out the Ledyba out of the pokeball. When he came out, Ledyba just fell to the ground.
"Oh yea, I need to get you to a pokemon center. Hold on tight!" Quinn said, putting the Ledyba back in the pokeball. And so Croagunk and Quinn finished the walk through Route 1 and into Viridian City.
END CHAPTER 1

Pokemon Trainer Quinn Darshoon
Current Pokemon In Possesion: 2
-Croagunk. Revealed Moves: Astonish, Poison Sting, Taunt, Drain Punch. Approx. level(used for move learning and evolution, not exact level): 12
-Ledyba. Revealed Moves: Tackle, Supersonic, Comet Punch. Approx. level: 9
Current Badges in Possesion: 0
Current Inventory: Some items
-1000 gold
-4 pokeballs
-Pokedex​

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
"Don't be long!" Eric shouted toward Kade's general direction, noticing the Pidgey come out of the bushes after Kade threw a pebble toward it.

"That guy seems reckless. I'll tell him to be careful when he finally catches up." Eric thought out loud.

The Cottonee in Eric's arms then noticed something. Were its comrades waiting for it to return?

Eric slowed down a bit to rest his legs, still in a bit of pain after the whole Fletchling incident.

"Sorry, Cottonee, I need to rest a bit. We should probably wait for that other guy to catch up." Eric told the fluffy green Pokemon.

Cottonee heard the call of its comrades from a large shrubbery, and jumped out of Eric's arms in their direction.

Meanwhile, Eric hadn't even been sitting down on a stump for five minutes before he noticed that Cottonee had darted off somewhere.

Eric followed it with caution, hoping there wasn't any danger.

Eric's mind wandered, suddenly remembering the fateful night when his beloved Peggy was killed by Team Rocket, the voices and memories still fresh in his head even though this tragedy happened over three years ago.

"Don't worry, my love. One of these days, I'll set things right. You won't have died in vain, Peggy." Eric thought out loud, desperately holding back a few tears of grief.

ImMrRoboto

That's MISTER Roboto to you!
Years
After seeing Eric run off, Kade pulled out his Pokeball and sent out Munchlax. As soon as the white subsided, Kade gave his order.
"Munchlax! Use tackle!" The Pokemon complied, launching itself at the Pidgey. It appeared that the flying type was caught off guard and Munchlax nailed it, slamming his weight into the bird. The Pidgey was launched back into the tree. As soon it recovered, the Pidgey started dive bombing into Munchlax. "Dodge it and use another tackle!" Kade ordered. Just before the dive bomb hit, Munchlax leapt out of the way and launched itself at Pidgey. Unfortunately, the foe was too fast. It flew out of Munchlax's path. Munchlax tackled at thin air, causing him to trip and stumble. The Pidgey prepared a Wing Attack and launched itself at him.
"Quickly, use Defense Curl!" Kade yelled to his Pokemon. He couldn't dodge it, but he could reduce the damage. The Munchlax curled itself into a ball just as the Pidgey hit. Munchlax was tossed in the air a couple of feet. Kade looked up to see Pidgey doing a premature celebration. He saw his opportunity and took it. "Munchlax, use Zen Headbutt!" Munchlax's head glowed with energy as he jumped onto a nearby tree and launched toward the Pidgey. As soon as the attack landed, the flying type was sent flying into a tree. Pidgey stumbled out of the brush and fell over. He had won.
"Okay, Munchlax, it's time to rest." He said, pulling Munclax back into his ball. He walked over and crouched by the Pidgey. "Okay, look, I'm sorry I fought you, but it was just self-defense. Now listen, I'm going to heal you, so don't attack me." Kade said as he pulled out a potion that he had gotten from one of Oak's lab aids. He lightly sprayed the Pidgey with it. Once he finished, the Pidgey got up and chirped happily. Kade got up and went to catch up with Eric but the Pidgey started following him. "What are you doing? I have to catch up with someone. Now go home." But the Pidgey continued to follow him. "Do you want to come with me?" He asked. The Pidgey chirped again. "Well if you say so." Kade said as he pulled out a Pokeball and tapped Pidgey with it. A small, red beam came out and absorbed the Pokemon.
Shake...
Shake...
Shake...
Click.
"Alright, time to go." Kade said as he ran off catch up with Eric.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
Eric finally caught up to the Cottonee and its group. It felt great to finally reunite the flock with its lost member.

Eric then remembered how it felt to be reunited with humanity after almost a decade of no human contact. The first few years in civilization were a bit awkward for the most part. Eric recalled that a shiny Haxorus, known as Temujin by his Litleo and Pyroar family, that distrusted humans. Temujin wanted to kill Eric due to its hatred for all humanity.

Luckily, when Eric was cornered by Temujin, Skorupi, who was then Peggy's partner, helped Eric to fend off the angry Haxorus, along with impeccable timing by a Gogoat herd stampeding.

Eric realized that if Peggy's expedition hadn't come to that island at that exact month, he would have been brutally killed by Temujin.

After the flashback, Eric realized that Kade had still not caught up.

"Could you guys wait for a second before you go and thank me? My acquaintance has not caught up yet, and should be here any minute." Eric told the group of Cottonee.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
Aspen Farwell
ENwAPZf.png

"Sorry, Olivia, please stop rolling!" Aspen was already nearing the end of Route 1, but nothing worth while has happened to him yet. With a sigh Aspen started to look around the dense bushes to see if he could find a wild pokémon, but nothing met his eyes.

Aspen is right behind Olivia, who is still rolling, but he slows down. Aspen shifts his gaze downwards, and stops walking completely. I don't even know anything about pokémon, what am I even doing here. I should've taken my free time to study about them… This is never going to work out. But before he got the chance to think a tree close to him starts to rustle "!!!" Aspen snapped out of his train of thought instantly and looks up, dangling by its tail from a tree his eyes met a Sentret, "Sen-tret!!" said the Sentret with fury in its eyes, he seemed ready to fight. "This is my chance to catch a pokémon!" slowly his hand reached for Olivia's pokéball, readying himself for his first battle, ever. … … … "Oya, I forgot…" Aspen looks back towards the gritty path, leading to Viridian City. "Olivia!" not long afterwards a cry was heard, followed by a loud thud. "Olivia!?" Aspen looks back at the Sentret, still dangling from a tree branch. "Err, I'm sorry, I have to go. See you later, bye!" Aspen said while bowing to the Sentret. The Sentret just kept on hanging there, with hanging ears, being disappointed from not getting to fight.

Aspen sprinted onwards and it didn't take long before he caught up to Olivia. She seemed knocked out, just lying on her back with spirals spinning in her eyes. "Olivia, stop dreaming of whirlpool—" … Then he noticed that Olivia wasn't alone, in front of her was a Fletchling, it looked like it fainted from getting hit by Olivia. "Oh! An easy catch!" Aspen grabbed a pokéball with excitement from his belt and quickly threw it at the Fletchling. Aspen just stood there with tight fists and an expression of optimism on his face. Ahhh, everything is going to be alright! Aspen thought to himself while the pokéball hurled at the Fletchling. The pokéball opened up as soon as it hit the Fletchling, and a red beam started to entrap the pokémon. "Good job, Olivia. You did so well!" Aspen said to Olivia as the pokéball started to shake
Once..
Twice..

Thrice..
As the pokéball wanted to click, the fletchling broke out and flew up! "What?! But that's not fair! Get in there!" Aspen shouted at the fletching, as it picked up the broken pokéball pieces.

"Olivia, are you ready to battle?!" Aspen said determined while putting one of his fists up, close to his body while waiting for Olivia to start moving. "Olivia?..." But without warning the fletchling started to peck at Aspen, shouting out "fle- fle- fletch!" Aspen shielded off his head "What in the?!" he quickly ran up to Olivia and picked her up, seemingly using her as a shield she woke up from being knocked out. "Squirtle?!?!?" Olivia had no idea what was going on, but she noticed the fletching coming at her with a nosedive, ready for a quick attack. "Olivia, quickly, use waterfall!." Olivia looked backwards at Aspen with a puzzled gaze "Squir…tle?.." "You don't know it?!" Aspen says panicking "Water gun?! Use water gun!" hoping Olivia would know it.
"Squirtle!" and meters before the fletchling made contact Olivia showered it with a strong burst of water. Knocking it back into a tree. "Did you do it?! That was amazing! Pokémon are so cool!" Olivia was set down and she looked at Aspen proudly, just having won her first battle, fairly. She smiled and hugged Aspen's leg.

Aspen took out another pokéball, and again hurled it at the fletchling, trying to catch it.
It started to shake again. Once... Twice... Thrice... And a click was heard.
… "Did we do it?" Aspen looked down at his little squirtle still clinging at his leg.
He walked up to the pokéball containing his new caught fletchling inside of it. Aspen picked it up, smiled at it, and put the pokéball onto his belt.
"Hah... I guess we did. Say hello to our new friend, Olivia." An energetic "Squirtle!" was given as reply by Olivia, sounding happy she has a new friend to play with.

"Let's go, we have a Gym leader to beat." Aspen picked up Olivia and put her on his shoulder, and followed the road towards Viridian City again.
Not long after walking he reached a hill top, one giving him a beautiful view over the city where his journey will really start.
His first obstacle.

Last edited:

ImMrRoboto

Years
Kade hurried along, trying to catch up to Eric. He wasn't even sure if he turned this way or that way, left or right. Kade didn't know if he had turned around or not. There was no denying it, Kade was lost. Suddenly, he had an idea.
"Come on, Pidgey!" Kade said as he sent out his newest Pokemon. "Listen, before we fought, I was with another trainer. I need you to fly up and look for him." The Pidgey chirped and flew up high and started flying around. While waiting, Kade thought about that trainer, Eric. He was definitely one of the more interesting people he had met. First there was his attire, then there was his apparent ability to sense Pokemon, and then there was that little locket he wore. Kade had no doubt that all three had an explanation. But in the meantime, Pidgey was returning.
"Alright Pidgey, did you find him?" Kade asked. Pidgey nodded and chirped. "Alright, can you lead me to him?" The Pidgey chirped and flew off down a small path. Kade quickly followed. The two were only running for a few minutes when he spotted Eric with a group of Cottonee. He smiled, he had found them. Eric and the Cottonees seemed to be waiting for him. He ran toward Eric and started explaining what happened before Eric could say anything.

Utopian

"Looks like the party is over"
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023

Q7flxKX.png

Pokemon:
meowth.gif

Pokedollars: 1000
Tanya Heartroot

After following the tracks for some while, Tanya noticed the tracks suddenly came to an abrupt stop. She looked around for other clues but couldn't find any.

"Hmm.. i'll probably run into him again some other day. Kanto's not that big after all." She decided to give up on looking for the trainer and focus on her first priority which was getting to a Pokémon Center.
While walking on the path to Viridian City she couldn't help but think about what happened in the past again.
It was always the same question that haunted her, who did it? Who could have framed her father?
Everyone seemed to have a great deal of respect for him, and he didn't have any enemies that Tanya could think of.

"It couldn't be someone from our own family could it..?" she whispered to herself. Tanya shook her head, she knew it was ridiculous that this thought had even crossed her mind.
"I should focus on defeating trainers and gym leaders first! Money is more important right now. But when i get back to Saffron city, i'll make sure to find the person that did all this!"

Tanya was so deep in her thoughts that she didn't notice the huge sign in front of her. She bumped into the sign head first and became annoyed thinking someone bumped into her.
"Can't you watch where you're going!" she shouted against the sign. "Oh wait whats this now.." she read the sign that said 'Viridian City' and her bad mood changed immediately.

"We're here Glimmer! Let's get you to the Pokémon Center right away!" Tanya ran towards the building with the red roof with a smile on her face.

Patoto

Ruru rururirarurin
Years
As Rose walked, she noticed that her surrounding started to change. ''We must be getting close to Viridian city now. do you see your family anywhere, cottonnee?'' Rose asked the cute fluffy pokemon. it shook it's head in response. ''Well, we'll find them. They can't be too far off now.'' she smiled. Suddenly, she heard a growl. ''what was that?'' she asked, no one in particular. as she turns around, she noticed a small poochyena. ''wait.. don't tell me.. aren't you the poochyena we met before?'' she asked it. it responded with a growl and a ''pooch!'' implying it is. ''ah.. well, good.. now i can properly apologize to you! listen..'' Rose started out. but, the poochyena attacked again. Rose was getting rather annoyed by the poochyena. she only tried to apologize. ''Fine. since you won't listen to reason, i will have to do it the hard way!'' Rose said, slightly upset. ''Flora, come on out, do stun spore!''. Flora appeared from behind her leg as Rose clumsily forgot to get her back in her pokeball. Rose noticed and started to apologize, But Flora simply responded with ''Bu..'' she then used stun spore. Poochyena tried to bite Flora and ran into the stunspore, causing himself to get hit. '"Now Flora, it is not over yet! use absorb!" Flora used absorb on the now stunned Poochyena. Poochyena, didn;t give up however and tried to get out of his paralysis. he managed to do a bite causing a lot of damage to Flora. ''Flora, are you allright? she asked her pokemon. again, it answered with a ''bu..'' Allright then.. do absorb again!'' As Flora did her attack, the paralysis broke. Poochyena however was still hit slightly by the absorb. it gave Flora a little bit of her health back. Poochyena tried to tackle Flora. ''Flora, dodge!'' Rose said. Flora responded by jumping out of the way, causing Poochyena to headbutt right into a tree, knocking himself out. ''Allright.. now for the final touch... Pokeball, go!'' Rose said, grabbing an empty pokeball and throwing it at said defeated pokemon. the pokeball shot a red beam at the pokemon, as it absorbed it. then, it started wiggling, the white light blinking.. 3... 2... 1... Pling!

Poochyena was caught!

Rose picked up the pokeball and whispered to it: ''I'm sorry for taking your berry.. But, now you;re my pokemon, I will make it up to you. I promise. " then, she turned to Flora opening her arms wide."Flora, you were amazing! I can;t believe we pulled this off! we caught our very first friend together!" As flora jumped into Rose her arms, they hugged.. however, the bite did a bit more damage then they expected. causing Flora to let out a soft yelp of pain. ''Oh no, you're really hurt! we have to get you to a Pokecenter, and fast! Cottonnee, thank you for waiting this time. we must hurry to the pokecenter.'' but, as she looked to where Cottonnee was supposed to be. it disappeared. ''Oh dear.. i hope Cottonnee is ok.." she mumbled to herself. then, as she grabbed her bag to see if she had a potion with her, she saw the cottonnee.. it went into her bag and fell asleep. ''aww..'' Rose said, taken by the cuteness of it. she found the potion she was looking for and sprayed it on Flora, healing her wounds partly. ''I still need to bring all of you to the pokecentre.'' she said. then, she returned Flora to her pokeball, took the cottonnee in her arms from her bag, closed the bag and went further towards Viridian city.

Poochyena (gonna be named Tomo (for tomodachi); Male; Personality: brave; Ability: Quick Feet; Attacks: Tackle, Sand attack, Howl, Bite.

Years
j1ciNpi.png

Elise "Ellie" Masen

Ellie hummed as she skipped along Route 1, reveling in the feel of Kanto dirt between her toes. Sinnoh dirt was nice, but Kanto's felt nicer somehow. Maybe it was because it was from a different region, but it felt softer than Sinnoh's dirt. She wished that Annalise had decided to come Kanto, but her older sister had chosen to go to Hoenn instead, since she was a bigger fan of tropical flowers.

Her loss, Ellie thought, stopping to pick a red flower. She set Hope down in the grass and picked some pink and white flowers nearby, occasionally picking more red flowers if she found some. After a few minutes, she made a flower crown that matched her dress. She giggled as she put it on her head and turned around to show Hope… Except Hope wasn't where she had left her.

"Hope? Where'd you go?" She waited a few moments, hoping to hear the familiar chirping of her Togepi, but it was silent. She felt her heart stop, and she called for Hope a few more times, her voice growing more frantic each time. Hope couldn't be lost. She didn't know how to defend herself.

Ellie walked down Route 1, hoping to find someone who could help her. She had seen other trainers at the lab, but she hadn't bothered to talk to them, since they were older than she was, and slightly intimidating.

"You can come out now, Hope! It's me, Ellie! I'm not mad at you, if that's what you're scared of!"

What if she can't answer? Ellie's eyes filled with tears at the thought, and she started to cry. She had to be the worst trainer in the world. She had barely been on her journey for five minutes, and she had already lost her only Pokemon. Only idiots did that.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
Eric realized that Kade had caught up, and looked at him, somehow knowing he had a few questions to ask about him, but waited for him to ask them.

"This is the guy I was waiting for." Eric told the Cottonee group. "I totally don't remember his name. I'm Eric, by the way. You're welcome."

Eric noticed the field behind the Cottonee, and some of them had brought over bits of their cotton to give Kade and Eric as a "thank you" gift for saving their comrade.

Eric took half of what was offered, stuffing it in his backpack, and leaving the rest for Kade.
"You can have the rest. Who knows? It could come in handy one day." Eric told him. "Now then, I'll meet you in Viridian City, if you have any questions."

Eric waved goodbye to the flock of Cottonee, and gradually began making his way over to the Viridian City Pokemon Center.

Patoto

Ruru rururirarurin
Years
Running with the cottonnee in her arms, Rose tried to find the exit to Viridian City. she was worried about her friend Flora, plus her new Poochyena needed a checkup too. tht way she could make sure she could make it up to it. Suddenly she slowed down. ''Oh.. I still have to give you a name... don't I now?'' she said while thinking about the new friend. She then looked at the Cottonnee. it was awake again and it reminded her she had to press on. She reached the city suburbs. ''Finally, we're at the city!'' rose sighed.

Before she could move on though, she heard a noise. while she turned around to see what it was, the Cottonnee jumped out of her arms and flew off. ''Cottonnee, where are you going?!'' Rose yelled after it when she started to pursuit it. as she stepped around the corner, she saw a couple more cottonnee. ''oh!'' Rose let out surprised. ''Cottonnee, you found your family! they were blown to here!'' she said, smiling. though, she did not know which cottonnee was the one traveling with her. it didn;t matter though, as multiple Cottonnee came down to her, thanking her through giving a hug, making noises and showered her with the fluffy cotton. ''oh my.. is that all for me?'' she asked. ''thank you!'' the Cottonnee she traveled with then came down and made noises indicating it was time for them to get going. Rose understood and they said their goodbyes. after she waved them off, she felt a little sad. she liked the pokemon. but, she did keep her promise. Then she looked around at all the cotton and started to pick it up, she didn't want to upset any people or agent Jenny after al. After making a couple of bundles using some of her teethfloss, she stored them in her jiggelypuff bag. ''now, which way to go to the pokemon centre'' she asked herself. a nearby stranger said ''to the left, miss!'' 'oh, thank you, kind sir, I was actually talking to myself!'' Rose responded. the stranger said: ''no problem, enjoy your day!'' Rose her day had not be going better from that point. Shee reached the pokecenter, where she let her pokemon get checked up. As Nurse Joy knew she was in training, she gave Rose some advice and pointers. Then Rose went to a bedroom, settling in for the night and resting up herself.

Sayoko

small evening child
Years
Viridian_City_PO.png

VIRIDIAN CITY
'' The Eternally Green Paradise ''

After traversing Route 1, Trainers will already reach the first destination on their perilous journey, and the home to the first gym; Viridian City. A fair bit larger than Pallet Town, but still small in size compared to many of Kanto's other cities, Viridian marks the first stop on the journey of a lifetime. The town also houses the Pokémon Academy, where you can learn more about Pokémon raising, training, battling and breeding alike.

Here, you may explore the city and take on the Gym Challenge if you want to. Unlike future ones, these Gym Battles will be done in a JP with the GM, as I control the current Gym Leader character. The Gym Challenge is not mandatory however, so you may pass it by and partake in any of the other events if you so wish. Similarly, because this Gym Leader will be travelling with the group from the next route on, it will also be possible to challenge them and receive the Earth Badge at any other city.

Viridian Gym

Leader: Ritz

rhyhorn.png
Rocky
Horn Attack, Fury Attack,
Scary Face, Smack Down

cubone.png
Skull
Growl, Bone Club, Headbutt

50px-Earthbadge.png

Earth Badge

Events → you can only do one of these for this area

1. Train at the Pokémon Academy. Follow a few classes, learn about items, status effects, and type advantages, and partake in at least one practice battle. If you do, the teacher will award you with a (cardboard) medal to prove your expertise, and a package containing an Antidote, Paralyz Heal and an Awakening, all for you.

2. Head out onto the route to the west of Viridian City, and travel to the entrance of the Pokémon League. This won't net you any prizes, but it may be inspiring to see the stately entrance to the League before you... and you may find some wild Pokémon (as listed below) along the way.

3. Attempt to take the Gym Challenge and battle the Viridian Gym Leader.

Route 22 Pokémon

019.png
021.png
056.png
519.png

Last edited:

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
Eric had finally made it to Viridian City. He looked around for the Pokemon Center to heal his Skorupi and Fletchling. Luckily, it didn't take him very long.

Eric walked up to the Nurse Joy at the desk, and asked her to heal his Pokemon. She complied, and told him to come back whenever he needed to heal his Pokemon friends.

Eric was still waiting for the Kade fellow however, but decided to go to Route 22 to look for a third Pokemon instead of sitting around doing nothing.

When he made it to Route 22, Eric spotted a wild Mankey.

"Alright Fletchling, time to help me out here!" Eric said, releasing his Fletchling.
"Use Peck!" Eric ordered.
Mankey scratched at Fletchling a few times, but the little avian Pokemon was relatively unscathed, and it pecked at Mankey several times, and Eric had a feeling the simian Pokemon was finally weak enough to capture.

Eric then threw a Poke-Ball, and one, two, three. CLICK! The male Mankey was caught.

Eric then rushed back to the Pokemon Center where he literally just was, to heal up a second time.

Eric clutched his mysterious locket, and thought out loud, "One day, I'll set things right, but I have to become stronger first."

ImMrRoboto

Years
Walking into Viridian City, Kade sighed. This was it. In this city was the first Pokemon Gym of Kanto. When he beat this one, he would officially be on his way to becoming a Pokemon Master. To be honest, he was starting to glad that he had given in to his mother's demands to come on this journey. Did it help his antisocial nature? Not really. He had spoken briefly with that kid, Eric, in the forest, but he hardly thought that counted. That was special case because of the lost Cottonee.

After looking around for awhile, Kade couldn't find Eric, so he decided to head over to the gym. The building stood above him. To be honest, it was quite intimidating. Here he was, following in his mother's footsteps. Soon he would have the Earth Badge. If he could win of course. It's also possible that he would fail hilariously and bring shame and humiliation upon himself for years to come!

"Hey, are you okay?" Kade turned around. A man had seen him looking at the gym, shaking.
"Uh, yeah" Kade said "I'm just worried about the gym, that's all"
"Well you could always go to the trainer's school down the road." he said, pointing down the street. "It helps trainers learn what they need to know."
"Uh, yeah, thanks." Kade said starting down the street. It couldn't hurt to go learn some pointers before going to the gym. He'd just have to catch up to Eric later. Or who knows? Maybe Eric would go to the school too.

Patoto

Ruru rururirarurin
Years
After Rose got rested, she stayed over at the pokemon center for a while, trying to learn more from nurse Joy. She managed to help ere and there with some of the healthcare. However, Nurse joy thought it would be better for Rose to try and head to the Trainer Academy. She told Rose that she learned a lot about the several status effects a pokemon could get and that it might be useful for later purposes. Earger to learn and a little too excited, she ran out of the room to grab her items, but not without tripping over a Marill that wandered by. ''OW!'' Rose landed right on her forehead. That was gonna leave a mark for a while... She turned around and apologized to the Maril. but the Maril was laughing too hard to be harmed. Blushing from head to toe, she stood up and headed to her room, grabbed her items and walked, still redd, outside of the pokecenter. She completely forgot to ask the directions while all this happened. So, she wandered off in a random direction. starting her city adventure.

It took a while, but after asking several people where she could find the school, she arrived. Right on time too, because classes were about to start. She quickly walked up to the teacher and introduced herself. He told her she was welcome to join in on classes and to sit down in the corner of the classroom. a bell rang.. School is in session!

Utopian

"Looks like the party is over"
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023

Q7flxKX.png

Pokemon:
meowth.gif

Pokedollars: 1000
Tanya Heartroot

"I can't believe healing only takes a few seconds! Are you feeling alright Glimmer?" Tanya looked down towards her trustworthy partner checking for any wounds he might still have. "Me-owth!" Glimmer replied with a smile.
"You know Glimmer, I heard the first official gym is right here in Viridian City, what say you and I shall challenge the leader huh?" "MEOWTH!" The little Meowth could not contain his excitment and started running in circles.
"Hehe, well don't frolic around too much, save your energy for the battle!" Tanya started walking towards the big building while her partner walked right behind her.

When they arrived at the building Tanya couldn't help but check it out seeing if it's anything like the gym in her hometown. "Hmm its a tad smaller than Saffron's one but still impressive! Let's just see if I can find the entr-- hey.. Glimmer? Where did you go?".
She looked around to see where Glimmer ran off to and noticed the impatient Pokémon was already walking through the front door. "HEY! ugh.." Tanya quickly ran after him and picked him up. "You can't just run off like that.. we're a team after all, are we not?"
"Ah good day champ in the making!" Before her a young man stood with a huge grin on his face.

"Well hello there.. I assume you meant me when you said that just now? I'm far from a champion though!" Tanya replied.

"No worries there, I say that to everyone! You're here to challenge the great gymleader are you not.." The man's grin became even bigger as if he hadn't seen a challenger for a while. "Why yes, i'm here to challenge the leader! Would you be so kind to show me where she is?" Tanya was a bit creeped out by the man but it didn't affect her mood.
She followed the strange man towards the back of the gym where a huge battlefield met her gaze. "Oh my this field is massive!" Tanya turned around to take it all in, but when she fully turned facing the field again she noticed the man was gone. Glimmer pointed towards a young girl that was standing at the other end of the field, surprising Tanya. "Where did she come from.. Oh never mind that, she must be the gym leader!"

On the other side of the field was indeed a girl. She turned to face Tanya and without a word, moved her arm forward to gesture for the challenger to take her place. Her face was nearly expressionless, as if she were bored before even meeting her. Just then, a referee appeared from the shadows, and stood at the side of the centerpoint of the battlefield. He greeted Tanya with a smile, but strangely didn't interact with the Gym Leader at all. She in turn only glanced towards him briefly, but returned her gaze to meet Tanya's soon after.

"Gym leader of Viridian City, I am Tanya Heartroot and i'm here to challenge you!" She made a slight bow and was looking towards Glimmer who seemed to be more ready then ever.

The girl simply nodded, and glanced towards the referee briefly once more before letting out a sigh. ''I am Ritz, Gym Leader of Viridian City. I accept your challenge.'' She reached for the Pokéballs contained in the bag by her side, while the referee stood tall and said his piece.
''This will be a standard two-versus-two Pokémon battle! The Leader will not be allowed to switch out her Pokémon, but the challenger may do so at will! Are both trainers ready?''
Ritz nodded again and showed her first Pokéball to the others, waiting for Tanya's reply.

"Two-versus-two.. oh dear. Umm excuse me referee but I only have one Pokémon, .. should I come back when I caught another one?"

The referee began to explain there was no need to, but was cut off before he could finish. Ritz spoke, still in that same monotone voice. ''If you wish.'' She retracted her Pokéball and was about to turn away.

Glimmer started looking at his trainer, afraid that he wouldn't be good enough. "No.. I will challenge you with my only Pokémon, I believe in him! Ready yourself Gym leader Ritz!" The Meowth smiled, knowing that his trainer has put all of her faith in him.
The referee looked to his left and his right and raised both of his hands while shouting "LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!".

Ritz's expression finally changed to one of slight surprise, but it quickly reverted back to neutral. ''Very well. Let's go, Rocky!'' She exclaimed as she threw her first Pokéball onto the field, sending out a Rhyhorn.

"Ladies first! Glimmer use your Scratch attack!" "MEÒW!" The meowth responded to the orders given and pounced up in the air making his way towards the Rhyhorn. He extended his claws and dove down unleashing a powerful Scratch on the Rhyhorn.

Unfortunately, the Rhyhorn didn't seem too bothered, and shrugged off the attack without much trouble. ''Good, Rocky. Strike back with Horn Attack.'' With surprising speed, her Pokémon reared his head and struck the Meowth with a Horn Attack.

"Oh Glimmer dodg--" however Tanya knew that it was too late when she saw her Meowth run over the ground due to the impact. "Can you stand?" Tanya seemed worried but Glimmer quickly rose to his feet again and growled.
"That's right Glimmer we're not done yet, go full out with Growl and then use Scratch again!"
Meowth dashed towards the Rhyhorn while growling and struck him with yet another Scratch attack, but this time he rolled back after the attack making sure Rhyhorn couldn't touch him.

Rocky still didn't take much damage, but the repeated attacks at least seemed to annoy him. He attempted to retaliate with another Horn Attack, but the Meowth was out of reach. ''He's too fast... You know what to do. Fury Attack!''
The larger Pokémon knew what that meant, and he gave the Meowth a menacing glare. His Scary Face would surely lower the feline's speed, allowing him to charge right at it and perform a Fury Attack.

The Scratches don't seem to do alot.. but I'm not giving up, Tanya thought of this and gave Glimmer his new orders "Glimmer dodge that Fury attack by jumping over Rhyhorn and then attack from behind!".
Even though the Meowth was slowed he still seemed fast enough to dodge Rhyhorn's attack, however Tanya noticed Glimmer got hit at the last moment but it didn't bother him. "Meeeowth!" Glimmer performed yet another Scratch, this time from behind and rolled backwards again but with less distance between him and Rhyhorn.

An annoyed 'tsk' was heard from Ritz when she witnessed her Pokémon's powerful attack only graze the Meowth. ''Don't worry, Rocky. Turn around and hit him with a Smack Down!'' Rhyhorn let out a loud cry before running in a circle to turn around and strike. A large rock was thrown towards the Meowth, threatening to hit it head-on.

Wait the Scratches aren't doing alot because Rhyhorn is part Rock type! Tanya gasped realising what she should do next and shouted "Glimmer use your Iron Tail before that rock hits you!"
Meowth's tail started glowing white the moment he heard 'iron' and he hit the rock right away breaking it into little pieces. Meowth put it's tail in front of his eyes shielding them from the little pieces.

''Grrr... Now Rocky, strike fast!'' Ritz yelled, only now really getting into the battle herself. Rocky scuffed the ground with his front leg before leaping forward in a dash, and struck the Meowth in mid-air with its Horn Attack.

"GLIMMER!" Tanya looked in horror as her Meowth fell face down to the floor. She ran up to Glimmer and picked him up only to see that he got KO'd. "Oh Glimmer.."
The referee lifted his right arm and said "Meowth is unable to continue, and since the challenger had one Pokémon only.. This means the victory goes to Gym leader Ritz of Viridian City!"

Tanya rose up from her feet and recalled Meowth back to it's ball. "I.. I suppose I have lost" She mumbled. She couldn't believe this all happened and had assumed she would have won.

Ritz was almost a little surprised the battle was suddenly over, but regained her composure and returned Rocky to his Pokéball. The referee looked upon Tanya with some sadness, but he had no choice but to return to his quarters. The Gym Leader in turn slowly walked towards the challenger.

"I'm the loser so that means I have to pay you right..?" Tanya looked in her purse to grab the little bit of money she made on her journey so far.

She bit her lip for a moment. ''No. This Gym doesn't take gifts from challengers. It's meant to be a place of learning after all...'' she mumbled.

"Thank you so much.. hmm speaking of learning, maybe i should go to the trainer academy to teach myself. It was only halfway the battle that i figured Rhyhorn is part rock type! It's embarrassing just thinking about it.."

''You did well for a first-timer really. I assume it was considering you have only one Pokémon. But your Meowth seems reliable. You'll make a good team... in time.''
Ritz turned to begin walking away from the challenger, but looked back once more. ''I look forward to battling you again.'' She made a vague sign-off with her hand before retreating into the back of the Gym.

Before the gym leader turned around and retreated, Tanya wanted to say something, but instead she made another slight bow and walked out of the gym heading towards the Pokémon center.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 25, 2018

Chapter 2.1: Crossroads at Viridian City: What Does Quinn Decide?

Quinn finally made it into Viridian City. One thing Quinn noticed right off the bat was that Viridian City was ALOT bigger than Pallet Town. Because of this, when Quinn first entered the city, it took him a long time to find the nearest Pokecenter. But finally, after a lot of seraching, the familiar building with a red roof appeared before him, and Quinn entered the pokecenter.
"Excuse me. Could you heal my pokemon please?" Quinn asked the Nurse Joy at the counter. Nurse Joy, who had her back turned towards Quinn and was presumably doing something, turned around at the kid.
"Sure thing! I am just going to need your pokemon." Nurse Joy replied with a smile on her face. So, Quinn got out his two pokeballs from his pocket, and handed them to Nurse Joy. She took them, and put them on a machine. The machine made a sound, and a few seconds later she took the pokeballs from the machine.
"Here you go honey! We hope to see you again!" Nurse Joy said, who then turned around to work on whatever she was working on.
What a wierd thing to say at a pokemon hospital, we hope to see you again. Freaky. Quinn thought as he approached the map that showed the region.
So, Quinn was at Viridian City, where there was a gym leader. He came from the south, from Route 1 and Pallet Town. He couldn't travel to the east, there is nowhere to go that way. He could only do three things: Travel west and get on Route 22, travel north towards the next city, or stay here longer and fight the gym leader over here. Quinn started pondering over this decision. After a few moments of not making a decision, he looked at the map more closely. Over past the route to the west, which was route 22, was the pokemon league. So based on this information, Quinn made a decision. He would head to Route 22 to do some training and look at the pokemon league. He was going to be there anyway after he got 8 badges, so may as well see what he is shooting for. After he would be done training, he would head back to Viridian City and travel north towards the next city. He would save the Viridian Gym for a later time. So Quinn walked out of the pokecenter, and towards Route 22. Who knows? Maybe there would even be some trainer battles he could do.

Pokemon Trainer Quinn Darshoon
Current Pokemon In Possesion: 2
-Croagunk. Revealed Moves: Astonish, Poison Sting, Taunt, Drain Punch. Approx. level(used for move learning and evolution, not exact level): 12
-Ledyba. Revealed Moves: Tackle, Supersonic, Comet Punch. Approx. level: 9
Current Badges in Possesion: 0
Current Inventory: Some items
-1000 gold
-4 pokeballs
-Pokedex​

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
After stepping out of the Pokemon Center, Eric decided to check out the Trainer's school.

He opened the door and saw that one guy, who helped him reunite the lost Cottonee with its group, and looked waved towards him, but not frantically.

"Sorry, I got tired of waiting." Eric told the mysterious Trainer. "I thought you'd never make it. But I'm SURE you have some questions for me."

Eric looked around for anybody else, but Kade was the only Trainer he had met on this journey so far, during the whole Cottonee incident.

He waited rather patiently for a response, all while thinking about what could have, would have, and should have been if Peggy was still alive. Eric knew there was a Gym here that used to be run by Team Rocket's leader Giovanni, but that was no longer the case. There was someone else running it now. But who could it be?

ImMrRoboto

Years
When Eric walked into the trainer school, Kade was sure to wave him over. Once Eric sat down, Kade noticed a look in his eyes. A look that was oddly familiar to him. He couldn't quite place it though. It looked like longing. A sadness for something that may not be. Or maybe someone that had perhaps left or... Wait, how did he know all that? Just how did Kade know that look? Suddenly it dawned on him. It was the look Kade had seen in the mirror so many times before.

But Kade was pulled back to reality and he remembered his question for Eric. "Uh, yeah. Eric, earlier, when we were on Route 1, you said that you could sense distressed Pokemon. How did you do that?" Kade asked. He had been interested in stuff like this ever since he found out that Cas-… one of his old friends could do something similar.

Years
j1ciNpi.png

Elise "Ellie" Masen

Ellie was completely covered in dirt and scratches, and her dress was splotched with mud and torn in various places. Her flower crown was still on her head, but it was slightly crooked. She had spent most of the day searching up and down Route 1 for Hope. She had looked everywhere, from bushes on the ground to the tallest branches in the trees. Hope wasn't anywhere, and Ellie was prepared to call it a day and start looking again tomorrow, until she noticed some tiny footprints in the mud leading to Viridian City.

"Hope?" she whispered, kneeling down to get a closer look. Sure enough, they were Togepi footprints. She'd know those footprints anywhere. She had lost track of the amount of times her mother had yelled at her and Hope for tracking mud into the house.

Ellie sighed in relief and wiped away the tears that were threatening to emerge. Hope was safe. She had to be. Maybe Hope had even found her way to the Pokemon Center and was waiting for her. She followed the footprints to Viridian City and noticed that they went to Route 22. She frowned as she followed the footprints.

"Hope? Where'd you go?" she called, hoping for a response.​

Last edited:
Back