• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] RAINBOWS: A Kanto Journey IC (T)

Patoto

Ruru rururirarurin
Years
Rose looked up again as she heard both the girls. she was about to say goodbye to Tanya, but she was long gone before the words got out of her mouth. "i might have upset her a bit too much with what i said..." she said to no-one in particular. "so.. Ember Pine Farm. That sound really pretty. I don't think i have been there before, but I might pop by sometimes to study more about the Ponyta." Rose said with a sad smile. She was bothered by how she acidentally hurt Tanya's feelings, but there was nothign she could do about it now. "Say, do you think i should follow Tanya?" She asked Oakley. Meanwhile her pokemon finished their food and they returned to her. "Tomo, Flora, feel free to play, but stay nearby allright?" she told her pokemon.
"please excuse me for a bit. I have to freshen myself up. I will return shortly. Rose said. she bowed and walked to the bathroom.

Years
j1ciNpi.png

Elise "Ellie" Masen

Ellie perked up slightly when Rose introduced herself. She had an aunt named Rosemary who was from her mother's side of the family. They took the family business to a totally different level, since nearly everyone on that side of the family was named after a flower or herb of some kind. She was lucky enough to not end up being named after a flower, though one of her younger sisters wasn't so lucky.

She blinked in confusion as Rose and Oakley's friend walked by the table with just a muttered "excuse me". She frowned slightly as Rose walked off shortly afterwards. She had hoped that she would get to talk to her new friends, but it looked like that wouldn't happen until they worked out whatever issue they had. She hugged Hope and looked up at Oakley. At least she hadn't left yet.

"Your family owns a farm?" she asked softly, trying to change the subject. "That sounds pretty cool. Everyone in my family just owns flower shops, which I think is kind of boring." She rocked Hope slightly as she spoke and twirled some of her hair absentmindedly, flinching when she ran her hands through a tangle. She set Hope on the table and reached into her backpack for her brush. She couldn't help but think about her younger sisters and how they would constantly pull on her hair and attempt to braid it.

"Do you have any brothers or sisters? I have four sisters, and the younger ones always pulled on my hair. I kind of miss it now…"

That Lonely Girl on a Laptop

The Paradise Hunter
Years
oakley_brumble_by_little_eli-da39acq.png

Oakley Brumble
Loation: Viridian City

ponyta.gif

~***~
Oakley tilted her head with confusion as both Tanya and Rose suddenly excused themselves from the table, leaving the girl on her own. She was still quite confused as to what had upset Tanya in the first place, but Oakley was no fool. It was better to just let them sort it out themselves rather than try and pry it out of them. Besides, there were other things to deal with. A ding from the microwave caught her attention as she went to get her food.

Once she was back, she finally started tucking into her bento, quite glad to finally eat something since she had worked off a lot of energy riding Blue Flash for hours from her ranch. She noticed that the little girl, Ellie had now sat at the table and was looking a bit lost. She was probably confused as to why the other girls had left too.

She was in the middle of chewing on a particularly large rice ball when the small girl spoke up, asking her about the farm that Oakley grew up on. She was still quite surprised that people were interested in where she grew up. But, still she was happy to answer the girl's question. She needed to get her thoughts away from what was going on with her friends, hopefully they could sort it out.

"Yeah, I did!" she swallows what was in her mouth before going on, "My grandad owned it, and now my dad owns it!" she explained, "It's cool, but a lot of work. Much of my job was patrolling the fence around the ranch, my dad worries a lot about thieves trying to steal our Ponyta and Rapidash." she adds before finishing her first bento and opening up her second one. She listened to what Ellie said about her family owning flower shops, with her head tilted with interest.

"Really? That's pretty cool!" She smiled, "My mum loves flowers, she's always decorating the living room or halls with them. It drives my dad crazy since he has hayfever." she said with a little giggle. But her smile fell a little when she thought about it. It had only been a day and she already missed them. If she was back home on the ranch, she would have finished her own lunch and pestered her dad to give her his, and then she'd go out riding on Blue Flash to check on the herds. While now... she didnt know what to do after eating. Suppose she could just get another helping of lunch or something. While she was thinking that, she looked at Ellie as she questioned if she had any siblings.

"Uh... yeah I do have a sister, though she's nineteen and is in Sinnoh now. Her name's Willow and she does contests." she reponds as Ellie talks about her own sisters, saying that she misses them, "Yeah... I know how you feel, Willow always used to give me noogies when we were kids and I never thought I'd miss that, but since she left I kinda do." she admitted before biting off a piece of her rice ball. She looked over at Blue Flash who was sniffing the smaller girl with interest. The Ponyta looked at the Togapi and gave her a nuzzle in hello before turning back to her own food.

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
Years

Tabitha (Tabby) Fray
tumblr_nm6uw0nzE41tuso4ho1_1280.jpg

Taking a Risk

587.gif

"Aww, man. It has to be ground, doesn't it?" Tabby speaks (to no one in particular) as she looks to Viridian Gym's sign.

"Ema?" Ziggy peers from his trainer's shoulder to look upon the sign. It means nothing to him, yet those lines on it seem to have his trainer less than peppy. His head tilts questioningly.

"Your electric moves won't hit ground types, and their ground moves won't hit you." It'll be a pretty dull battle if she just gets Ziggy to use air slash over and over again, and if this gym leader's Pokémon are half rock (as a lot of ground types seem to be) this fight could go on forever.

"Maybe we should just head to the forest…we can backtrack once we make new friends." Too bad backtracking sounds equally as dull as a never ending battle of air slash and quick attacks. The idea makes her shudder, and Ziggy's disapproving face tells her she's not alone.

"Guess this is what I get for trying to track down that girl instead of those Cottonee." That was a disappointment. Not only did she lose track of the trainer she was trying to recruit for help, but she missed out on catching a super neat looking Pokémon. It's like a flying marshmallow! Who doesn't want that? Well…hopefully there will be more along the next few routes. Tabby hangs her head back and closes her eyes for several seconds. When they re-open, her hands triumphantly rest on her hips, her stance immediately altering to a more positive one.

"No time for moping, right? We'll get another chance." Her usual vibrant smile comes back as she rubs Emolga's ears. "Now, let's go. We'll never win if we don't try."

"Ema!" Ziggy cries happily, gliding excitedly from one of Tabitha's shoulders to the other.

"Mhm!~" The blonde grins as she jogs to the doors of the gym, which she quickly pulls open and peers inside.

"Helloooo? Is the gym opened?"

Patoto

Ruru rururirarurin
Years
After she gathered some courage at the bathroom, Rose picked up her pokemon and went outside, looking for Tanya. She had to go and apologize. It just wouldn't be right. Tanya is a new trainer too after all and traveling is much more fun when you're happy. She went around the Pokemon Center and found Tanya while she was busy training with her Meowth. it was just performing Fury swipes on the tree. She ran towards Tanya calling out her name, but while doing so, she tripped over a branch that laid on the ground. "ooff!" Rose shook her head and stood up again. "There you are! don't worry about me, i'm ok. it happens all the time." she smiled and looked at Tanya. "Tanya.. i'm really sorry for what happened inside. I really didn't mean to upset you. Can i make it up to you somehow?" She looked at the girl blushing. Partly because she was embarrassed for tripping, partly because she just was a bit awkward and shy. Rose also hoped to become friends with her. She seems like such a nice person, even though she seems so distant. It must be because of her flair. No matter though. She looks now to the ground, awaiting her response.

Utopian

"Looks like the party is over"
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023

Q7flxKX.png

Pokemon:
meowth.gif
(Known moves: Scratch, Bite, Iron Tail, Growl, Fury Swipes)
Pokedollars: 250
Tanya Heartroot

While still training her Meowth she heard a familiar voice call out her name in the distance.
As Tanya turned around to see who this person was, she saw that the girl had tripped over a branch. The pink hair gave it away, it was Rose who had come after her.

Tanya took a step forward as she wanted to help Rose get back up, but it was no longer necessary.
"There you are! don't worry about me, i'm ok. It happens all the time" she said, followed by an apology.
"Tanya.. i'm really sorry for what happened inside. I really didn't mean to upset you. Can i make it up to you somehow?"
For a moment Tanya felt even more upset compared to when she was in the Pokécenter.
"You think you need to make it up?" Tanya replied to Rose's apology.
"If there is anyone that has to apologise here it would be me.. I just walked out on you without even explaining what was bothering me.."
She called back her partner and sat down on a nearby bench. Tanya tapped the empty space next to her with her hand, inviting Rose to sit down as well.

"If you're not in the mood for a long story then now's the best time to walk back to the center" Tanya smiled but when she saw Rose sit down with her she decided to tell her story.
"Do you have a hero Rose? I do.. Now imagine your hero, a person that can't do anything wrong, is always there for you and helpfull towards others suddenly be portrayed as the villain."
Tanya made a slight sigh and continued.
"How would that make you feel? Would you believe it? Or would you think your hero is wrongfully accused?
That last one was the case for me.."

She swallowed a bit of fear, it wasn't a easy story to tell but she already started now and was planning on finishing it.
"My father was my hero, a hard worker, cared a lot about his family, and most importantly he gave me a life most people could only dream of.
You probably heard of him, Charles Heartroot he was usually the spokes person for Silph Co, allthough maybe you now know only one side of him, the bad one..
I just know he was framed for all the things he had supposedly done, there's no other explanation. Well maybe there is but then it better be a good one.."

She looked towards Rose who was still sitting there listening, so naturally she continued.
"My father, my hero framed for fraud, stirring violence on the workfloor, stealing Pokémon and performing horrible experiments on them, i've heard all of the accusations, one more ridiculous then the other.
After the first accusation the rest just flowed out of every possible corner, I started to ignore them but I wish my family could have done the same.
If you saw my family struggle back then, trying to keep up their good name but being shut down by a new accusation, it's just heartwrenching..
That same period I was asked for a lot of interviews rather then my father. No longer was I the spoiled brat.."
Tanya sighed out of disgust mid-sentence and continued
".. I have no idea where they even got that idea from, I was always very gratefull for everything my parents gave me but I guess positive things doesn't attract as much people..
Anyway, no longer the spoiled brat but now I was the poor daughter of a monster that never asked for any of this.
They were right about the part of me not wanting any of this, but the other part made me furious. A monster? They thought my father was a monster?!"

Tanya felt vengeance fill her up again but she surpressed it for now.
"There's only one mons.., no two monsters in this world. Both the person who framed my father and the media for adding insult to injury..
You see after a while I had enough of standing by watching my family struggle to keep their hopes up, I decided to help them out my way.
So I left on a journey, I want to become strong so I can beat trainers, gym leaders and perhaps one day the champion. The money I make I transfer to my family, it might sound weird to you but it's all in good heart..
And who knows if I manage to beat the champion, I could use the fame to clear my family's bad name."

Tanya rose up from the bench and bowed.
"Rose if you'd like you may tell Oakley and Ellie the story I just told you since I won't be going back with you."
At this point Rose was standing as well and Tanya could see she looked surprised by what she had just said.
"It's really nothing personal, we'll most likely meet again someday. But for now I need to be alone, I do hope you understand."

She waited for Rose to say something, before she would finally turn her back on her and head off to a new route.

Last edited:

Patoto

Ruru rururirarurin
Years
"You think you need to make it up?"
"If there is anyone that has to apologise here it would be me.. I just walked out on you without even explaining what was bothering me.." was the first thing Rose heard from Tanya. "oh.. I didn't think about that.. I was far too worried..." was her reply. She saw Tanya recall her pokemon and tap on the bench next to her. Rose sat down and listened.
She tried to imagine how Tanya felt, by following her suggestions, listening carefully to her story. She realized it wasn't easy for Tanya to tell this. After her story Rose stood up with Tanya. She had tears in her eyes. She had no idea! She did feel very sorry for Tanya's family. She indeed knew the side of the media, but never the inside story. Now she did have a bit more insight.
"Rose if you'd like you may tell Oakley and Ellie the story I just told you since I won't be going back with you." Tanya said. "It's really nothing personal, we'll most likely meet again someday. But for now I need to be alone, I do hope you understand." Rose looked up.
"oh? ok.. I guess i will tell them you're off to battle the next gym..." She smiled. "I am sorry though. I knew indeed the media version of this story, but I always found it a bit extreme. It's hard to know what to believe nowadays. one moment they are telling amazing stories about the Sundial in Anistar city, about how it is actually a crystal out of space, the next you hear stories about how Miltank is supposed to be able to do a flamethrower... I had to find out the hard way that wasn't true, in a school pop-quiz..." She smiled and blushed. "However, I am not going to tell them your story. I think it is not the right thing to do. if they want to know, they should come and ask you yourself. So, if they ask, I will just say we had a different opinion and they should ask you instead if they meet you I guess. " She looked at Tanya. "oh, before you go, please, take these!" Rose said. she grabbed something from her bag and gave it to Tanya. it were a couple of Pecha berries. "it's not much, but, they might be usefull while traveling." She smiled. "untill we meet again. please stay safe, and I am sure you will be able to help your family out." She bowed and waved Tanya goodbye. "byeee!"

After Tanya left, Rose went back inside and returned to the table.
"Sorry it took so long. Did I miss anything?"

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
FRLG_Items_pocket_M.png
Arthur Heathmann
>> redirect to application

Post #003 ►
Route 22 | 2:59 pm

-------There was a great bursting sound as the capsule snapped apart. The Pidove feverishly shook the broken halves off of itself as it reappeared in a great flash of light before, just as suddenly, taking to the sky in but a few messy beats of its wings.

-------"Damn…"

-------The boy disgruntledly beheld the broken Pokeball, staring down darkly into the grass, though he personally knew it to be juvenile to expect any other outcome. That Pokeball he'd found seconds ago. It was old, chipped, incautiously tossed in some nonspecific patch of grass. But it was blue with the signature red stripes of a Great Ball, something far more valuable than an everyday, non-expensive Pokeball, and the boy thought, just maybe, he'd strike a jackpot for once. Find Squirtle a partner for no cost at all. But that was a pipe dream, the winged symbol of reality unsparingly reminded. That was that. Thus, Reagan gathered up his duffel bag and, with a single twitching Pokeball at his belt, he ambled off down Route 22.

-------The single, paved pathway from the gates to the Indigo League was very straightforward. Truly, so was every road in this side of Kanto. The linearity was for convenience's sake, to ease in newcomers to Pokemon Training, though Reagan did not gather this and was instead irked by all the simplicity of everything. Reagan Pate was a restive boy of eleven years who had taken his Squirtle with an anticipation of glamour that had yet to be fulfilled. The Training Dream, for him, had started five days prior and, from Pewter to Viridian where he forced to relocate, it had been endlessly beaten and butchered by dreadful monotony. A little boy's life was dry with Pokemon and it was dry without…

-------Halfway down the road, his period of pessimism was interrupted by the faint sound of music. He ignored it for a while, until the wind blew, seemingly carrying the rhythmical resonance along with it. Those notes were familiar, he realized. Reagan stopped so he could follow them.

-------A C, a G, an F, then a C… It was standard chord progression, but that synth sound was signature, and so were the singers. Why, it was none other than "Sing and Follow Me" by Cleffa Rae J. and Noctowl Town, blasting freely from the speakers of another young Trainer's Pokedex. Reagan could see the top of his head, brown hairs splayed due to the whipping wind, off in the distance. The boy was knee-deep in a decline of tall grass off the main road, apparently with the intent of Training, but he seemed, at the moment, distracted by the music as he bounced around in the blades with his two Pokemon. A Hoppip flitted around him, spouting endless, bubbly laughter as Cleffa Rae cooed, "Follow me, fol-low me-e…" A boisterous Mankey also leapt up and down to the music, rapturously kicking up grass with its flailing arms and legs in some crazed version of dancing.

-------If the trio's mission was to train, they were hardly succeeding, as Mankey more or less was driving the wildlife away; a hearty kick sent a cluster of bewildered Rattata scurrying for their lives. The song hits its climax and the boy jumped up out of the depression of the ground with his Hoppip. His fingers flew over the strings of a fabricated guitar as he matched the pace of a vibrant synth solo. This his Hoppip thoroughly enjoyed as she squealed louder than before, encouragingly bounding up and down, before a another breeze came and sent her spinning through the air before she could remember to brace herself. The boy was dumbfounded, horrified, and the Pokedex in his pocket that shone chrome-red in the afternoon sun nearly fell out entirely as he bolted to retrieve his partner.

-------Reagan was somewhat dumbfounded himself as the south-blowing wind sent Hoppip spinning uncontrollably in his direction. He saw the brown-haired boy in his tan jacket and blue jeans charging towards him, the pink Pokemon that preceded him--practically a pink blur--and then she struck him… like a cloud. Like a pillow stuffed with only one feather. Nevertheless, she was in Reagan's arms now and gave a grateful chirp at being caught.

-------"Lavender!" The other Trainer staggered over just as Reagan fully concluded what was happening. He gasped, mainly with relief, as he regarded how his Pokemon had landed safely, slouching forward with short-lived relief before Reagan spoke up.

-------"This your Hoppip?"

-------Obviously. The boy fervently nodded yes.

-------"And that's your Pokedex?"

-------The other Trainer's brow furrowed. He looked down at his jeans to see his 'dex tilting precariously from his front pocket and quickly drew it out. It was fortunate that it hadn't dropped out during his sprint.

-------"'Arthur's Playlist 1' has ended. Would you like to replay this playlist?" the Pokedex asked.

-------"Sure, okay."

-------Just like that, the device began to emit a bouncy, optimistic reggae-pop tune: "Give A Helping Hand." Reagan thought it saccharine and visibly cringed at the first few notes. Though the sound also brought the recollection of a question.

-------"It can play music?"

-------Arthur looked up, eyeing him curiously. "Yeah, this… uh… Johto model can."

-------"...there are different kinds?"

-------The brown-haired boy seemed especially baffled now. "Yeah…? I mean, there has to be, 'cause they give one to every Trainer in every region."

-------Reagan met the bewilderment with an incredulous look. "Every region of Kanto?"

-------Art ogled.

-------"'Cause I don't have one. And I just live in Pewter. Where are you from?"

-------"You don't-- Um… I'm from Pallet Town."

-------"Oh." Reagan sniffed. He inwardly felt dumb for inquiring. A kid around his age in a nice coat with a Pokedex right from the case could not have been from anywhere else but a humble, tranquil place settled by rich people: the town of Pallet. "I guess your mom and dad make a lot of money, huh?"

-------In the boy's wide brown eyes swam a turbid bout of emotions as he sought to definitely realize all the implications Reagan was throwing out at him. To the catechizing boy with the Pokeball at his hip, he answered softly: "No, we really don't… And I don't have a mom…"

-------"Then where'd you get your Pokedex?" Reagan responded with further incredulity and an edge, now, to his tone.

-------"P-Professor Oak… It was a big investment…" Arthur's eyes turned away to look elsewhere as he muttered the additional line. His interrogator acknowledged the sign of bashfulness; he too turned away. There was a minutes worth of silence, aside from the blatting reggae song. When it ended, Reagan held out his arms, moreover the Hoppip.

-------"You got the Johto Pokemon from Professor Oak too?"

-------"Uh… she blew in. Over the mountains. She was separated and…" Arthur's voice trailed off again with modesty. "...I wanted to take care of her."

-------Reagan blinked--"Okay"--before letting Lavender drift up from his arms and over towards her Trainer whose head she settled on jovially. The boy reached down, plucking the Pokeball from his belt. "I got Squirtle from a Trainer's Academy in Pewter City."

-------"That's cool," Art answered absentmindedly as he smiled up as his little convivial partner.

-------"Not really." Reagan turned sour to the fellow Trainer's surprise. "I mean, Squirtle's cool and all, but school was really boring since they just told us the same stuff about 'Potions' and 'status conditions' over and over again. I didn't feel like I was learning anything sometimes 'cause I was just sitting around bored. It might be different if you, like, actually paid for decent lessons that taught you good stuff all the way in Saffron or Celadon but… I dunno."

-------The tirade brought another wordless period of discomfort upon the two boys as they sat wallowing in the candidly-spoken truth. Arthur's fathers hadn't the money for legitimate scholaring in the big Kanto cities so Viridian had sufficed, suitably they assumed, but dissatisfaction still lingered with the boy. Evidently, it lingered with this other Trainer as well who must have had to settle with the free, League-funded teachings provided mainly in Pewter. Regardless on whether the subject resounded with them both or not, the frankness silenced them both. Another song came and went.

-------Reagan, finally, spoke again, in a language greatly familiar to every Trainer that made all boundaries to traditional conversation obsolete: "You wanna battle?"

-------Squirtle's Pokeball was in-hand and Arthur himself had a Pokemon already released; it seemed a perfectly convenient time and it wasn't as if the moderate-natured boy would be inclined to disagree. However, at the moment of the inquiry and the start-up of another high-energy song, Art's other Pokemon came leaping out of the grass, having recognized after quite some time that he'd been left alone amongst the wilds. Mankey bolted over the grass, down the path, feet flying beneath him. He darted circles around Arthur when he reached him, sparking laughter from his Trainer when he did so, before barrelling off to the side of the road--towards a rocky structure--and, as if to show off the fruits of labor, struck the wall of the rock formation with a flattened hand. Miraculously, where he'd stricken was left perfectly fractured.

-------Immediately, Arthur forgot all sense of inhibition. "Woah! Woah, woah, woah! Brutus, what was that? Did you just learn how to do that? Oh my Gyarados! Oh my Whiscash, that's awesome!" He sprung up, as did Lavender the Hoppip who gave a little sky-high dance.

-------Reagan just watched palely as Brutus returned the triumph, grunting and snorting before turning to Karate Chop that solid mound of rock again and again. He imagined, once, as debris flew from the points of impact, that they were bits of shell, that the targeted area was the still-developing back of his Squirtle. It was a very brief thought as Reagan tensed up immediately after before proclaiming, "Y'know, n-nevermind. I have to go back to Viridian."

-------He threw his bag over one shoulder and began to promptly do just that. Arthur turned to call after him, "Okay! I was thinking I could find someone to battle at the gates anyway!"

-------"Yeah, there's a whole lot of Trainers there. Some tourists and stuff too; it's a big crowd."

-------"Good luck with the gym!" they added, just before Reagan was out of earshot.

-------"Okay."

hoppip.gif
mankey.gif

Last edited:
Years
j1ciNpi.png

Elise "Ellie" Masen

Ellie listened closely as Oakley explained what she had done on her family's farm. That definitely sounded better than having to help out at a flower shop! She hadn't hated helping out with the flower shop or anything, but it wasn't exactly the most exciting thing in the world. Most of the time she left her older sisters to take care of the shop while she played with her father's Pokemon.

"My sisters never did anything like that," Ellie said after Oakley finished speaking. "Although they did make me think that the toilet was haunted for a couple of months. Turns out it was just my sister's Vaporeon messing with the pipes…"

She twirled her hair around her finger absentmindedly and watched as Hope hopped around the table, chirping happily. She gasped as the little Togepi fell off of the table and landed on her face and picked her up. Hope whimpered and snuggled up to Ellie.

"My two older sisters names are Annalise and Madeline… Annie went off to Hoenn to study the tropical flowers, and Maddie hasn't decided what to do. I'm the middle child, and last are the twins Lilith and Judith, but we just call them Lilly and Judy."

Ellie looked up as Rose returned and smiled, but it faded away when she noticed that Tanya wasn't with her. She assumed that she had left for some reason and frowned. She hadn't even gotten to introduce herself. She hoped that she would get to meet her later on her journey. She sighed slightly as she responded to Rose.

"Not really. We were just talking about our families and stuff."

ImMrRoboto

That's MISTER Roboto to you!
Years
When Kade woke up, he was lying on a small, white bed. He was in a nurse's office connected to the trainer school. The nurse sent him out with an ice pack and a throbbing headache. Kade found that the classroom was nearly empty, save a few people chatting in the corner. The little boy Kade had fought saw him, and ran over to him quickly.

"Imsorryimsorryimsorryicouldseethatyourpidgeywasactingupbutigotcarriedawayimsorryim
sorryimsorrytheteachersaidwecouldrematchifwewante-" was all the kid got out before Kade gave up on trying to comprehend what he was saying. He slipped out of the classroom when the kid turned his back and walked quickly down the street. Once he was out of sight of the school, he slowed down. He started walking aimlessly.

As he passed the Pokémon Center, he saw some commotion through the window. "Maybe later" he thought as he passed it by. Eventually, he found himself in front of the gym. Under other circumstances, he would have gone right in there and challenged the gym leader: Ritz, as the sign stated. But with a horrible headache, a disobedient Pidgey, and no real type advantage, he decided 'best not'.

Instead, he continued on toward the exit of the town.

Sayoko

small evening child
Years
Kanto_Route_2_PO.png

ROUTE 2

Heading north from Viridian City, the road splits into two and forms a small square that rejoins and continues north past a ledge. This small garden square contains a sign with directions on it. Further north, past the ledges and patches of tall grass, lies the gate to Viridian Forest.

With or without Gym Badge, you have finished exploring Viridian City, replenished your Pokémon and supplies, and are now ready to take the next step on your journey: travelling onto Route 2, and reaching Viridian Forest.

Pokémon

019.png
016.png
010.png
013.png

163.png
401.png
206.png
406.png

511.png
513.png
515.png

Events → please claim the mission you plan to do in the OOC thread!

1. A young mother has come running to the entrance of the forest with a basket of Pecha and Oran berries from her garden. Her son, a fervent bug catcher, has apparently gone into the forest without any items that could cure poison, and she's grown worried with the many bugs residing in there. Take her basket, and perhaps you can take a few for yourself as well? (continued in Viridian Forest)

2. Once upon a time, in Viridian City, lived a man who loved to show new trainers how to catch Pokémon, alongside his ''Teachy TV''. Now however, this man has passed away... and there's no one left to teach poor schoolgirl Cindy how to catch one of her own! Show her how, or catch one for her, and she'll reward you with a Great Ball.

3. In the fenced-off field to the east of the Viridian Forest entrance, a small group of people has gathered. They're shouting and cheering for what appears to be the most unexciting Pokémon sports event of the century... Dunsparce Races. However, it seems the game has been rigged! Several of the Dunsparce seem to be unwell, afflicted with various status effects. Find the cause, catch the culprit, and you'll be rewarded with 500 Pokédollars.

4. A large, sleeping wild Snorlax is blocking the entrance to Diglett's Cave! Its body is so big, that not even air and light can penetrate into the cave anymore... Which is aggravating the Diglett inside! Rumbling sound can be heard from outside the cave, and the Ruin Maniac standing outside of it fears the Dugtrio might cause minor earthquakes if this continues for much longer. Get the Snorlax out of the way, and the man will give you one of the fossils he's found in the cave.

5. A group of kids are arguing loudly outside the Viridian Forest entrance. Three boys are shouting about which of the local monkeys, Pansear, Panpour or Pansage is the best. This has evolved into a brawl that needs to be separated by a responsible Trainer! If you manage to break them up, a reward of two Potions will be in store for you.

6. Here too, you may choose to not participate in an event, and just travel through the route, maybe catch a Pokémon.

Last edited:

That Lonely Girl on a Laptop

The Paradise Hunter
Years
oakley_brumble_by_little_eli-da39acq.png

Oakley Brumble
Loation: Viridian City

ponyta.gif

~***~
As Oakley munched on her food contently, she listened to Ellie talk about her sister. She smiled and laughed at what she said about her sister. She could remember how Willow used to do similar stuff to her.

"Ha, what are sisters for, huh? Willow used to prank me all the time. She once put super glue on Blue Flash's saddle so I couldn't get off. Was stuck on her for about five hours, my dad eventually had to cut my jeans off of it." she said with a slight laugh, "It wasn't too bad, she gave me a new saddle as an apology present." she added as she finished her second bento before going for her noodles. Oakley was aware that Ellie probably thought of her as a glutton, but she didnt mind.

She listened to the little girl as she talked about her sisters, nodding. Having only one sibling, she didnt know what it was like to have that many sisters. It sounded nice though. She did feel a little lonely without Willow being around, since she used to accompany her on her daily patrol around the fenceline of the ranch.

She was aware that both Rose and Tanya were gone for some time now and she was curious as to why, but she decided that she should stay with Ellie and keep her company. She enjoyed the little flower-girl's company a lot.

"Huh?" Oakley looked up -her mouth stuffed with noodles- as she noticed Rose returning. She gave her a friendly wave and nodded at what Ellie was saying. She wondered what the girls were talking about, though she figured that it'd be better for her to stay quiet rather than try and nose into their business. Tanya was still absent which was interesting. Oak did remember the two saying something about a "scandal" that happened, though she didnt know anything about it.

Last edited:

Patoto

Ruru rururirarurin
Years
"Families.. I wonder how mine are doing. I havent been gone long, but I bet they miss me already. I probably should make a call home to let them know I am allright. If you don't mind, i will call them right away. After that, I need to tend to my studies. the day will be over by then, I bet." Rose said. She bowed and thanked both of them for being so patient and she hopes to meet them both again sometime.

After rose did her call, she went into her sleeping compartment, to study for a while. She decided, she needed to get up early to get on the road again, so she studied till dinnertime, ate something, studied again and went to bed around 9.

The next morning is was quiet, it had rained last night so everything haD a fresh smell. Rose woke up with Tomo laying against her side and Flora on top of her head. it was very calming. Tomo was so rough when she first met him, but now they were friends, he was stil adventurous, but very caring towards her. She silently went out of her bed and prepared food for the day. she would travel down route 2 to the forest. She would have to get through Viridian Forest to reach the next city. She also hoped to see a lot of new pokemon which she could learn from along the way. When everyone of het party was up and running, ate and taken care of, Rose walked to Route 2. As she was about to take her first step on the new route, she heard someone cry.

Rose looked around her and suddenly she saw the source of the crying. it was a schoolgirl, on her knees on the ground. Rose walked up to her. "are you ok?" she asked. The schoolgirl looked up. "Y-yes.. *sniff* I am...*sniff*" she responded. "but.. at the same time.. *sniff* " the girl said while she looked down. "at the same time what, dear?" Rose responded. "I *sniff* don't know how to catch a pokemon.. and *sniff* the man who used to teach *sniff* has passed away.. what should I doooo?!?! *WAAAAAH*" The girl responded. Rose sat down next to the girl and placed a hand on her shoulder, letting her cry for a little bit. "maybe I can teach it to you? will that cheer you up?" Rose suggested. The girl looked at Rose with tears in her eyes. "You would do that for me? *sniff*" She said. Rose answered with "ofcourse!".

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 14, 2018
4758-692531963.jpg

Robert Moss | Viridian City
209MS.png
519MS.png

___________________________________________________________________​

"Thank you for coming, we hope to see you again!" she chirped cheerfully as she handed Rob's Poké Balls back to the trainer.

"Umm, thanks?" weird thing to say to a trainer, but Rob supposed it wouldn't make any sense for a trainer to hope to finish the Gym Challenge without relying on the services of Pokémon Centers… either way, it was still a weird thing to say though, right?

Stepping out from the Center, Rob noticed the darkening sky. In a scant few hours the day would be over, and he realized now that he had managed to spend his whole first day gallivanting about in Viridian City instead of setting out to the Viridian Forest. So at this point he had the option of braving past the forest in the middle of the night, spending the night at the Pokémon Center, or… going home. There wasn't much of a choice, to be honest, he couldn't go back home of course, it'd be too comfortable, and too awkward, he said he'd be gone today anyways, and there was still light out, so perhaps he could hurry past Viridian Forest and rest at Pewter City?

Nodding with conviction, Rob decided this would be the best course of action.

• • •​

"Stupid flashlight!" he grumbled as he hit the plastic tool against a tree trunk twice, managing to both fix and break the shoddy gadget in essentially a single action. "Darn it! What's wrong with this thing!?"

Hoot

The sudden hooting, accompanied by a cold, eery wind that rustled the tree leaves, and made their branches creak and groan into motion made Rob's heart stop.

"What was that? Who goes there?" he asked the darkness almost in a whisper, voice cracking with fear. Rob had never minded the night or the darkness, but he had never been stranded, lost and alone in the middle of the night in Viridian Forest. Looking down at the moist soil, ridden with roots and decomposing plant matter, it was clear as day that Rob had strayed away from the path for a while.

He gulped hard. "Princess come on out" he whispered as he summoned his Snubbull from her Poké Ball. She barked cheerfully at her freedom, before sensing her trainer's predicament.

"We need to get back to the path Princess, which way is it?" The Snubbull immediately got around to sniffing the ground, going here and there, but she seemed completely unable to obtain a scent over the decaying plant matter. Suddenly she started growling, poised to attack before her growls turned to yowls and then whimpers. "What is it Prin…?"

Hoot

Rob turned back towards the direction of the hooting, before the softest, slightest gust of air made the hair in the back of his head prick up. His head turned upwards and he was able to see a dark shade flying above and past him in complete and utter silence, covering the little starlight that managed to trickle down past the canopy. Princess yelped, Rob screamed.

"RUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!" as he took off like an arrow, running through the thicket in the dark, managing somehow to avoid hitting a tree or tripping on a root as he and his Pokémon ventured blindly ever deeper into the woods. Then, as Rob looked backwards, he collided with a solid object, falling to the ground with a loud thud. "Ooowww," he groaned as his hand came up to help him stand by grabbing on to this tree.

"Whoa there little buddy, are you ok?" Ok, not a tree. Rob looked up to meet the gaze of a behemoth of a man, easily six feet in height and judging by his headache, at least twenty stone, Rob tried to clear out his mind before replying.

"Ugh."

"Hmm, come on now," the giant of a man said as he helped the young trainer up and over his shoulders. "This is no place to be in all alone at night."​

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 25, 2018

Chapter 3.1: Route 2! Running into a battle and a person!

Introducing... Tanya Heartroot!

Tanya waved towards Rose as they were going their seperate ways, she looked towards the little pink berries that she got from Rose. They were Pecha berries, Tanya didn't really know what they could do but she had heard that some berries were able to cure status conditions.
For now she decided to put the berries in her bag and continue to head for Route 2, what new adventures would await her there she wondered.
Her Meowth was way ahead of her testing out his new move 'Fury swipes' on every tree he saw, when Tanya caught up with him she wasn't pleased with what he had done and made him return to his Pok?ball as punishment.

Just when she was about to enter the building that seperated Route 2 from Viridian forest, she couldn't help but overhear some cheering nearby.
She was pretty curious about the cheering since this seemed like an odd place to be cheering for something, perhaps there was a bug catching contest?
Tanya wandered towards the fenced off area wondering if she was right.

Finally, Quinn's pokemon finished up their food, and Quinn proceeded to pick up their bowls. Once he put those away, Quinn reached into his pocket and got out the two pokeballs for his pokemon.
"Alright guys. Fun is fun, but you gotta go back in here now." Quinn said, using the pokeballs and sucking his pokemon back into them. Quinn then walked towards the pokemon center exit.
"Bye Nurse Joy!" Quinn said, walking out the front doors.
"Good bye!" Nurse Joy called out in reply. With nothing left he felt like he needed to do with urgency here in this city, he headed out towards Route 2. Almost immediately when he entered the route, someone yelling at him. He turned to his left, and this little kid with a net was yelling and running at him.
"Hey you!" he said to Quinn. "I want to battle with this new bug pokemon I caught! Battle me!" the kid cried out.
Quinn sighed. This kid was annoying. "Alright. Whatever." Quinn said in reply.

The kid sent out his pokemon first. "Weedle, go!" the kid said, throwing out the Weedle's pokeball, making the pokemon appear. Quinn reached into his pocket and got out a pokeball of his own.
"Alright, Ledyba! it's time for battle!" Quinn exclaimed, throwing out the pokeball. Ledyba appeared, and apparently heard Quinn, as the Ledyba seemed fired up.
"We'll go first!" Quinn exclaimed. "Use Supersonic!" On command, Ledyba opened his mouth and unleashed from it a screeching noise, projected out through circles coming from his mouth. They traveled on their way to the Weedle.
"Weedle, dodge!" the kid commanded. But this Weedle was only recently caught from the wild. Therefore, it took a moment for the Weedle to respond to his command, and by that time it was too late. The sound waves hit the Weedle, and confused the pokemon.
"Alright, now use Tackle!" Quinn commanded, and Ledyba charged straight for the confused Weedle.
"Weedle, use String Shot!" the kid commanded. But the confusion was too strong, and Weedle couldn't hear the command. Ledyba made a direct impact with the Weedle, sliding it far back.
"Don't let up! Finish this with Comet Punch!" Quinn said. The poor Weedle couldn't do anything as the Ledyba charged for it again and gave the Weedle a beating with his fists. After the arsenal was completed, Weedle had fainted.
"Return, Weedle." The kid looked up, ran up to him, and gave him a small sum of cash. "You are very strong." Quinn wanted nothing to do with this kid anymore.
"I know. Good bye. Let's go, Ledyba." Quinn said sternly. Quinn turned around, Ledyba following, and went as far away from the kid as possible.

Quinn looked at Ledyba. "Good job out there. You did wonderful." Ledyba chirped happily in agreement. While Quinn and Ledyba were walking, they started hearing this... noise.
"Ledyba, you hear that?" Quinn asked. he then got out his other pokeball. Croagunk appeared when he threw the pokeball.
"Guys, go find this noise!" Quinn said, following the moving pokemon. They lead Quinn through some trees. it was tough following them, but he knew they were headed the right direction, as the sound kept getting bigger. They finally found something, a fenced off area, and started headed towards that. They passed a tree, and one moment the fence is in front of Quinn, the next, there is a sharp pain near his foot, and Quinn is now looking up at the sky. He got up, and came face to face with some girl.
"Er... Sorry about that." Quinn said.

This post has been a joint post between me, dud190 playing as Quinn, and Utopian, playing as Tanya.

Pokemon Trainer Quinn Darshoon
Current Pokemon In Possesion: 2
-Croagunk. Revealed Moves: Astonish, Poison Sting, Taunt, Drain Punch, Pursuit. Approx. level(used for move learning and evolution, not exact level): 15
-Ledyba. Revealed Moves: Tackle, Supersonic, Comet Punch. Approx. level: 13
Current Badges in Possesion: 0
Current Inventory: Some items
-1803 gold
-4 pokeballs
-Pokedex​

ImMrRoboto

That's MISTER Roboto to you!
Years
Kade sat under a large tree on Route 2, eating a quick snack. He had spent the last few hours training Munchlax. After his snack, he planned to work on his Pidgey. The Pokémon simply wouldn't listen to him. Kade needed the flying type to work with him. Otherwise, they would have to suffer more losses like the one in the school. Kade was still rather sour about the way that little kid beat him in the match. It was totally-

"Hey! Hey, wait!" Kade suddenly heard, causing him to nearly choke on his apple. He turned and saw the same young kid from the school running toward him from the direction of the town gate.

"Well, speak of Giratina..." Kade muttered to himself as he packed up his snack and got back up. Hopefully, he could get away before the kid reached him. But the kid was faster than he thought. Just as Kade was getting up, the little kid ran up to him and started spewing some more incomprehensible rubbish.

"HeyHeyHey!Irememberyoufromthetrainerschoolimsosorryihityouiactuallytoldyouthatbeforebutyoumusthavebeeninahurrybecauseyoujustleftandimsorrymynamesjoeyandilikeshortsbutthatsnotimportant!Whatiwantedtosaywas-Huh!?" Joey finally finished as he noticed that Kade had already left. "Where are you?" Joey wondered as he wandered off, allowing Kade to emerge from behind the tree.

"Now, back to business" Kade said as he pulled out Pidgey's Pokéball and set back out.

Back