• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] RAINBOWS: A Kanto Journey IC (T)

That Lonely Girl on a Laptop

The Paradise Hunter
Years
oakley_brumble_by_little_eli-da39acq.png

Oakley Brumble
Loation: Viridian City

ponyta.gif

~***~
Oakley finished her cookie before looking at Tanya, who seemed to be pretty interested in what it was like to grow up on a ranch. Oakley blinked for a few seconds before scratching the back of her head. She was about to answer the girl's question, when Rose spoke up.

She turned to Rose, who was answering her question about food, much to the girl's relief. She tilts her head as the girl describes how it worked here in the Pokemon Center. So she could cook her own food or buy some? The young girl blinked and thought for a moment. She knew how to cook some basic meals but nothing too fancy. Definately not cookies, that's for sure. Arceus that cookie tasted good... she wished she could have another one. Probably due to thinking about food, her stomach let out another loud rumble, which made Oakley wrap her arms around it in a vain attempt to shut it up.

"Eh... Maybe I should just buy, don't know if I'd be able to hold on until the cooking's done." she said with a strained chuckle before looking back up at Rose, who continued to speak. The girl's head lifted as the girl offered for all of them to get some lunch. Something Oakley was always eager to oblige to.

"Sure!" Oakley agreed, probably a little bit too excitedly, "That sounds good!" before looking at Blue Flash who let out a soft nicker, she also seemed to like the sound of getting some food. A Pokemon does pick up habits from its trainer after all. Oakley looked over at Tanya, not wanting the girl to feel like she was ignoring her question.

"Oh, well in a nutshell, it's a lot of work." she said with a little bit of a chuckle, "But I can tell you more once we get something to eat, when I can remember more... being hungry makes my memory fuzzy." Oakley gave the girl a cheesy grin before turning to Blue Flash and taking off her saddle, it would be a relief for the Ponyta to not have that thing on all the time. Besides, if Oakley needed to ride her for any reason, the girl was capable of bareback riding as well. She gives the saddle to Nurse Joy to store away before turning to the other two girls, waiting for their replies. Maybe today wasn't a complete waste after all!

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
FRLG_Items_pocket_M.png
Arthur Heathmann
>> redirect to application

Post #002
Route 22 | 10:02 am

-------It was doubtful but, in his state of darkened silence—his eyes were still stapled shut—, Arthur may have heard a soft, affirmatory click.

-------"No way…" Cautiously peeling one eye open confirmed that the impossible had indeed happened; the Pokeball lay unmoving on the slope. Art's earnest cry had been answered by the Big Fish in the Sky, but perhaps out of pessimism he stayed frozen in shock. He almost didn't want to move forward and fetch Mankey who, ergo could instantaneously come hurtling out with its limbs flailing and flying—

-------"Congratulations, Trainer!" The Pokedex then suddenly trumpeted in his pants pocket. "You have successfully captured Mankey, the Pig Monkey Pokemon, and a basic-stage Fighting type. Would you like to learn more information about your new partner?"

-------This brought Art to his senses, caused him to shake his head before striding over to collect his prize. To his shrill-voiced device the boy said, "No thanks. I'm good."

-------"Very well," was its response.

-------Arthur gathered the ball, inspected it in his hands. From behind its translucent cover he could see a much smaller, calmer Mankey resting inside. Arthur always wanted to know the state of unconsciousness captured Pokemon were put under. Were they sleeping? Tranquilized, whatever that might imply? Was Mankey here able to dream, to breathe?

-------The boy sat down on the edge of the cliff, still turning the Pokeball from palm to palm. Hoppip leaped to meet him on the resting place and he turned to see her too, expecting the worst, but she possessed no marks or bruises, only a smile, on her rosy face. Lavender gave the sunniest, most victorious of all chirps. So elated was she at the capture, the Hoppip was turning circles in midair.

-------Her cheerful antics had Arthur grinning and laughing aloud. "You're gonna make yourself dizzy, Lavender!"

-------"Please do not forget to fill out the approval waiver concerning your latest capture so that it may be legalized," came the Pokedex's own exclamation from the far, far depths of Art's front jeans pocket. The first cry, though otherwise identical in its message, was more patient in its tone. Yet Arthur had ignored that one. With the next bolder interruption, the boy sighed and rolled his eyes, but out of obligation, retrieved his 'dex and took to doing as commanded.

-------The waiver blossomed instantly on screen as he drew back the red, chrome cover of the Kanto Professor's incumbent gift. Arthur scrolled down the list of many requisites with a disheartened sigh, but as he'd been taught, he had to fill out all of it, so he set out do so despite himself.

-------'Moveset' and 'ability' were standard things, having been registered along with the fact that he'd captured Mankey. There was also a list of tiny integers under Mankey's name; for "database purposes" was the vague explanation for why those could not go ignored. Art had only to go back-and-forth methodically to fill those in, as well as write in the species name 'Pig Monkey', just to keep him on his toes, he bitterly assumed. Unfortunately, that was where the monotony ended as he came to a wall: 'Observable Nature', and there was a drop-down menu of possible choices. Brave, Rash, Gentle, Hasty… Arthur scowled. How was he supposed to know? Literally he'd known this new friend of his for, at most, sixty seconds.

-------He thought it over before determining the natures that the Mankey was not without concluding what exactly it was. There was no "Angry", no "Vindictive", "Prove to Violent Tendencies and Behavior". Arthur shifted his attention from the Pokedex to Lavender. The Hoppip had come across his bright yellow backpack and was helpfully nudging it towards him. The pocket for Pokeballs was still unzipped and gaping open.

-------Eventually the bag came to fall by Arthur's feet, just as he made up his mind regarding his newest capture. He stood up.

-------"Stay on-guard, okay?" he warned Lavender, for whether Art's prompt capture of it had left a lasting, sour impression on Mankey was unpredictable. The Pig Monkey itself was unpredictable, so truly it was best for both of them to stand ready and brace themselves for a potential lash-out.

-------The Pokeball more fell from Arthur's hand than anything and he flinched as it burst apart on the pavement, allowing the furry Fighting-type to emerge in a show of light. Lavender heedlessly slipped past him and, despite a horrified cry of caution, inspected their new teammate from up close. Art expected the situation to go ary fast but, to his good fortune, the Mankey was statue-still as the Hoppip brushed her cheek against his own and issued a peppy call of greetings.

-------It was miraculous how rigid the Mankey stood now, arms hanging lankily at its sides and its eyes, though squinted, were the only part of its body to appearingly move. All the color had likewise drained from its face and its claws were long withdrawn into its folded-over paws. The creatures seemed almost stunned standing there, as if it had been angry some time ago but had bafflingly forgotten why, how it'd been and at whom. The state of near-stupification Arthur immediately associated with the Pokeball. Something inside, perhaps some sort of alien solution or super techno-miracle, had pacified the once-vigorously angry Pokemon. It was a solid piece to add to the puzzle regarding what the ever-so-principal Pokeballs actually did. Arthur gave himself little time to continue pondering the thought, however, as the last thing he wanted now was to push the Mankey's fragile boundaries with Lavender's urge to socialize. With a yelp, he grabbed his Hoppip and yanked her easily away.

-------Still, the Mankey hardly proved a threat. Again, it stood there, staring, almost glaring, silently and motionlessly at him and then at Lavender (the Cottonweed chirped on actively in Art's arms in passive protest around this moment). The young Trainer expected at least some form of communication on Mankey's part; a grunt or snarl or bark, or mew, No, yet again, and for yet some time, nothing! The boy supposed, finally, it was his turn to begin the conversation.

-------"Err, hi. I'm Arthur. Your Trainer."

-------Still glared.

-------"I, um… Do you… Are you… still upset at me for capturing you?"

-------Mankey glared on.

-------Arthur returned to silence for some time before remembering, as Lavender floated from his loose grip and landed on top of his collapsed bag: "Oh, right! I have treats for you." The boy thusly dug into another pocket that was mostly empty aside from a little, crumpled treat bag. It was a sunny-yellow color with the rather inviting face of a Clefairy on its front. The little star-shaped Pokemon clutched a spoon and hungrily eyed exaggerated images of the candy-colored kibble bits inside.

-------"Here you go." Art shook out two rounded treats and nervously offered them in the center of his cupped hand to the stiffly-standing Mankey.

-------The creature turned their critical gaze directly on what was now before it. In the same rigid form, they looked onwards, but then their nose began to twitch, then their ears, then their curled tail before Mankey eventually lifted a lanky arm and, in a single, punctual movement, gathered the food into its mouth.

-------"Well, that's that," Arthur exclaimed with satisfaction and straightened up. The Mankey crunched on, its curt expression never softening, but there was a sort of contentment it exuded as it ate and a sort of approving murmur; that was enough, enough for the Trainer to smile and proudly cross his arms at his expertise. Clearly the way to appeal to a new partner was by appealing mainly to their stomach was Art's main takeaway. "See, Mankey, you can trust us!" he said.

-------Though the sound of the shaking bag had his Hoppip springing and spinning around rapturously, so Arthur rationed out two murky-green kibble for her to munch on as well while he continued with his other Pokemon. "This is Lavender, your other teammate. She might help you out in fights.
-------"Say, I should give you a nickname too, shouldn't I, Mankey?"

-------The Fighting-type didn't appear to understand what the proposal meant but stood curty to attention nonetheless as Art put a hand to his chin in contemplation.

-------"Uh… I dunno. Maybe it can be like Lavender's and we can get a theme going. Something like… 'Dandelion'?"

-------Arthur's Hoppip peeped prominently, leading the boy to believe she thought highly of the name, though he quickly realized that was not the case. Her abrupt cry gave notion to an abrupt visitor who Art was then swift in recognizing.

-------The taller man, fast-approaching, was a close assistant to the Professor's back home in pallet. His hair was silvery-grey like the thin, rectangular frames of stellarly-clean glasses that flashed as brightly as his toothy grin below. Their white lab coat and dark slacks wouldn't have appeared atypical if they weren't so unnaturally clean and straightened. Even the man's posture was eye-raisingly on-point. It was if he was showing off to the twelve-year-old as he came striding down the cobbled path. The man also possessed himself a cowlick and, although Arthur knew it wasn't right of him to judge, it was protuberant enough to replace whatever the man's real name might have been in his mind; Mr. Cowlick.

-------But, loyally padding beside this man, leash caught around its neck, was a Growlithe. Their fur was poofed and primed excessively, painstakingly even, and the effort showed. On the orange, striped canine's muzzle, Arthur swore, was a blatantly cocksure expression. It held its eyes shut and head tilted up towards the morning sun.

-------Mankey must have also received vibes of arrogance from the Growlithe's demeanor as he merely turned to meet both it and its master with narrowed eyes and ears flattened against his mangy head. Meanwhile, Lavender had drifted down to land on Arthur's shoulder, also observing the newcomers before nuzzling down into the nape of Art's neck, giving a muffled whine.

-------"Greetings, Arthur!" the man now called from afar. "You look like you're in tip-top shape still, just like earlier this morning!" He stopped in front of Mankey. "Oh, what's this? A new teammate already? Brilliant! You're certainly timely, Arthur!"

-------"Thanks…"

-------"With two Pokemon under your belt, you've got a plenty-good arsenal for the gym leader. You just have training to get to, am I correct?"

-------Mr. Cowlick's Growlithe took the time to visually sneer in Mankey's direction as the duo drew closer. Antagonistically, it shook its thick coat, causing a spray of tiny embers to float up. A few landing in the Fighting-type's own hair, causing him to tense up, though to the Puppy he only sniffed. This exchange was lost upon the two conversing humans.

-------"Yeah," Arthur was responding to Oak's assistant. "I just caught Mankey. I'm gonna fill out the waiver thing and then get to training here."

-------"Yes, yes, very good." Cowlick understood and nodded. "And you know you can always access this route's Habitat List using your Pokedex to get accustomed to all the different Pokemon here, and for other routes to come."

-------"Oh, yeah, I know."

-------"The Pokedex itself is very useful! It accesses an incredible database on Pokemon-related information, after all! Did you hear all it had to say on Mankey?"

-------Arthur thought for a split second. "Yeah, I did."

-------"Very good! Then you know that Mankey is weak to…? What types?"

-------"Fairy, Psychic and Flying."

-------"Remarkable! You've done your research. And you must know Hoppip's weaknesses at this point, too. But it's never good to dwell on 'weaknesses' anyway. It's how you counter them that truly matters! Tell me, Arthur: what would you do if a powerful Flying-type flew down at your Mankey right now?"

-------It was a difficult question to formulate an answer for. "Uh… I… don't… Maybe—?"

-------He'd thought of something slight but Cowlick had been waiting patiently to cut in and, when allowed the sudden opportunity, he did so boisterously. "Well, certainly type proficiency on the Flying-type's end would prove problematic for you and Mankey. 'Battling hard' would of course be helpful, but you'd most likely be better off relying on healing items as well to give your partner an edge. Remember: Pokemon can't use Potions automatically themselves, but the extra bit of effort is worth it, for Potions usually restore more health than most berries!"

-------Since when was that true? was Arthur's dry thought as he recalled the Sitrus berries lying exclusively at the bottom of a small pocket in his pack. A fat case of Super Potions was a common reality for many beginners but the Heathmanns had strongly established that, for Arthur in-particular, it would only be a temptation. Frankly, it was expensive, and the Pokedex even more so. That's why he had berries, and that was why the Professor knew he had berries instead of the suddenly-superior Potions. From prior experience, in the child's eyes, they worked just as effectively. It was like a startling blow to hear otherwise from the grey-haired professional.

-------He certainly wasn't and, truly, had never been smiling since Cowlick had gotten here but Mr. Cowlick himself was grinning him down like a Haunter in delirium. "Do you have any questions, Arthur, concerning your journey? Concerns? I can gladly answer them."

-------It was a line like that where Arthur came to realize how entirely irritated he was with this man.

-------"Perhaps about Trainer etiquette, asking for battles—?"

-------"No, I don't have any questions. Or concerns."

-------And with that terse reply, the assistant's facial manner flipped and he scowled disgruntledly at the youth. "Err, no need to interrupt, Arthur. I'm only trying to help you."

-------The twelve-year-old nearly hesitated but did, in a drawl compared to his snap before, "I… don't really need help."

-------But thanks anyway. That was what he planned to finish with; it might have settled better with the now-infuriated lab assistant who looked suddenly as if Art had physically stricken him. Mr Cowlick approached as if to stare down an assaulter, his glasses near-dangling over the tip of his nose as he turned down his chin to lock an angry and intimidating stare with the baffled, brown eyes of the new Trainer. Cowlick's voice was dark and hissing, menacing.

-------"Don't cut me off. I said I was doing all of this to help you, didn't I? You wouldn't have gotten through Route 1 without me, I suspect, so I suggest you stay on my good side, Arthur. If you know so much already from your months at a dinky Trainer's Academy, why don't you prove it to me, hmm?"

-------The challenging jeer came almost from nowhere; Cowlick had been staring Art down with a sense of adult superiority but now he sounded almost child-like. It was like a dare, he ushered, and the taunt continued. "Think you're tough, eh? Think you know all there is to know already?
-------"Show me!"

-------The assistant's Growlithe leapt meagerly at this particular cry, giving a little bark, a shake of the tail: a display of eagerness. The Puppy Pokemon sensed genuineness, just as a joking flair erupted past its master's lenses, as sardonic as it was.

-------The look went unnoticed to Lavender who shook and nuzzled deeper into the collar of Arthur's jacket and the skin of his neck. The boy himself was stunned silent. He backed from the maniacal Professor's assistant his heart and mind racing. What should he do? Try to stutter out the most coherent apology possible, or just run away? But was there anywhere to hide on the well-maintenanced route or even in Viridian where he wouldn't be found and eventually carried to the man-of-status' feet? Truly, taking up the man's offer was not acceptable, not even conceivable. He couldn't battle this man and his flame-spitting hound, he needed to somehow get away.

-------But, meanwhile, Mankey was still, stock-still, and truly this was standard of him, that and his signature glare. In that instance, however, the disdainful look had disintegrated. Mankey now appeared entirely confused. They were caught in a conflict, one incomprehensible to a mind programmed for curt orders and direct signs of affections or otherwise. What the mean man in front was thinking and saying, what the scared boy behind was thinking and saying, it all fell upon Mankey like white, white noise, and the Fighting-type didn't like that at all. He didn't have the patience to understand so, rashly, he took to misunderstanding, for all Mankey could truly make out was the direct hostility on a fellow Pokemon's face and a powerful impulse within himself.

-------Mankey bulleted towards Growlithe and, before it could suitably respond, had swept the Puppy's front legs from underneath itself with a Low Kick. Its chin dropped against the hard brick road which sparked from the creature a howl of pain. The Fire-type recovered quickly with a subtle wince before lashing out with its teeth, though its fast-paced offender dodged backwards before any contact could be made.

-------Growlithe tried for another Bite, lashing forwards past its master's pant leg, and the motion, in a snap, yanked the leash handle from Cowlick's hand. He tried to call out to his pocket monster with a heavy command of dissuasion but the Fire-type was already in Mankey's face—the unhandled leash was dragging behind them—barking indignantly in some poor attempt of intimidation before diving forwards. Again, the Fighting-type leapt backwards, farther this time, as his opponent sunk its teeth into nothing.

-------When the Pig Monkey went still, Arthur immediately saw the opening. He flinched firstly, but the Growlithe snapped its head up, and he knew, if his partner didn't, this was the key chance.

-------"Hey!" he snapped Mankey to attention. "Aim a Fury Swipes while it isn't ready!"

-------In an instant, he was barrelling forwards again, ready to take advantage just as Arthur had impulsively meditated. Mankey's claws came out and were raking one, two, three times over the Growlithe's face before it made its vain attempt to shake him off, and then with the same incredible speed, the Mankey jumped back as Art stifled an exultant shout to match his spreading grin.

-------It was for Mr. Cowlick's sake. Though, he realized now, looking over the "battlefield", that it didn't matter. Cowlick's face had gone chalky-white and their eyes glistened competitively.

-------I… I guess we really are battling.

-------"Growlithe, er, come back!" the assistant uttered and, quickly, their Pokemon returned and to readied themselves in a pre-pounce position at their feet. "I've got an idea. Run up and ready your jaws!"

-------This is my first battle, isn't it? Ugh...

-------"Wait for it to get to you, Mankey, and use Scratch!"

-------Growlithe sprang forth once again and the antsy Mankey, half-following instructions, met it mid-leap with a Scratch to its beaten muzzle. The Puppy was only mildly distracted as their owner cried out, clearly prepared, for an Ember attack. The spray of fire made a direct hit with Mankey; hissing and fussing, they were forced to draw back. The smell of singed fur floated in the air around them as their face flushed red.

-------"Mankey—!" But the order fell on deaf, cat-like ears as the Pokemon's anger began consuming him. Arthur cringed, expecting some impertinent action from the tensing of Mankey's muscles and salient scowl, but as he looked on, it appeared to be for the better. The Fighting-type screamed and was very briefly overtaken by a great, golden flare of energy.

-------"That's Focus Energy! Growlithe, let's end this now. Get ready…!" Cowlick called to his partner from the opposing side of the "field".

-------His Fire-type appeared to jerkingly nod, standing its ground, not allowing itself to be distracted by whatever their assailer was plotting. Clearly they acted more competently under orders. Its striped shoulders were hunched as it lowered its head menacingly to the ground. It snorted a cloud of sparks from its nostrils.

-------"Fire Spin!" Cowlick called.

-------This made Growlithe stand up with a start, a circle of fire lighting itself as it did around a bamboozled Mankey's feet. From the base climbed a spiraling tower of red, wild flame, gradually leaping higher as the Puppy Pokemon held it in place with sheer focus.

-------At the very sight of the great, flaming structure, Arthur felt utterly lost, though he could hear a triumphant shout from the mirroring side of the roaring fire. The attack was unexpectedly magnificent, both breath-taking and heartbreaking. If Mankey was caught in the middle of that, it was over, without a doubt.

-------But, his spirits were soon lifted. Growlithe's control of its pyrokinetics slipped and the high-climbing flames soon faded into nothing; it was only a pup, after all, and it couldn't sustain something of such height forever, so it now stood panting, completely vulnerable, looking desperately for a roasted Pig Monkey. Neither it, nor its master, nor Arthur, were prepared for the blood-curdling scream of a raging Fighting-type, seeming come from nowhere. Mankey—just faintly seared—flew at its opponent from the ledge where it had dove onto to evade its Fire Spin, claws wiping out and across Growlithe's chest in one powerful motion that fell the flame-spewing canine; a critical hit! What a show! Growlithe was down and out. Mankey's claws had made good work of its once award-deserving coat.

-------"Yeah! Oh, yeah!" Arthur shot up with sudden exuberance, startling poor Lavender who had been far less absorbed with the action. "Mankey, you were amazing!" The grinning boy rushed to his partner who still loomed over the unconscious form of his opponent. The Pokemon seemed ready to spit, still, but when he glanced up at Art's "take-that-Cowlick" grin, his expression lightened.

-------The assistant was far less happy, more-or-less disgusted. He withdrew his Puppy, murmuring quiet consolation before stuffing the ball dishearteningly into his coat pocket. In Cowlick's remarkably sullen state, he seemed reluctant to speak to Arthur, but there was the necessity to uphold his pride in front of the twelve-year-old that pressured him into clearing his throat.\

-------"A-herm! Well! That was a very… flashy battle."

-------Arthur could practically taste the bitterness; it only invigorated the boy's victorious grin. "I didn't know Focus Energy could be such a useful move!"

-------"Yes, well, Fire Spin should have done well enough. I won't even ask how your Mankey managed to dodge it—"

-------"He jumped up on the ledge and hid until it died down! Professor'd call that 'great battle instincts'—"

-------"—but, with the grant of some mystical power, it managed it! Hoo, that brutish beast certainly managed against my Growlithe! Plain ol' Growlithe! Not bred to perfection or anything, just caught smack-dab in the wild, minutes ago! Ha ha ha! 'Great battle instincts'... bah!"

-------Consumed in his own rambling diatribe, Mr. Cowlick evaded even looking at Arthur again as he turned on his heel and began stomping off in the direction in which he'd came. From over his shoulder, he offered the most kindly and sincere of salutations: "I was originally supposed to give you a few things but I'm positive, with the prowess you've exhibited, you can live without them for a time. Toodeloo, Mr. Heathmann!" And with that, they were gone.

-------Good riddance, the youthful Trainer frankly thought. Cowlick's comments failed to sour his mood, for he'd beaten him in a battle! Or at least Mankey had. Arthur moved to his partner's side and rested a hand casually on his scruffy head. He was motionless, as always, though surely not as tense as he had been. Truly, Mankey felt as pleased as Art did.

-------"'Brutish', huh? We'll show 'im some more 'brute' next time, right, Brutus?"

-------The Mankey nodded.

╚1:20 pm╔

"Your Serious-natured, Quick-tempered Mankey has been fully registered! Congratulations again, Trainer, on the successful capture of your new partner! From the League, we wish you the best of luck and much success with 'Brutus' on your side!"

hoppip.gif
mankey.gif

Last edited:
Years
j1ciNpi.png

Elise "Ellie" Masen

Ellie frowned as she looked at the boy, who had now introduced himself as Quinn. She wasn't really sure what to think of him. After all, he had terrified Hope… It would probably take hours to calm her down, and Ellie hoped that she would calm down long enough to let herself be treated at the Pokemon Center. She took a moment to take in Quinn's words, noticing that he mentioned Crasher Wake.

Isn't he the gym leader from Pastoria? Ellie thought, tilting her head slightly. She nodded slightly to herself as a memory of Annalise attempting to battle the leader with her Chikorita came to mind.

"You know Crasher Wake? My sister tried to battle him before I came here, but he told her--" She trailed off as she saw yet another flower that was native to Kanto. It was pink, unlike the red, white, and yellow flowers she had picked earlier and put in her flower crown.

Don't do it, Ellie. The flowers are what got you in trouble last time.

She cleared her throat and looked back towards Quinn, slightly confused about what they had been talking about. She knew it was bad to get distracted, but she couldn't help it. Kanto was just too beautiful… She twirled a bit of curly hair around her finger as she spoke.

"Um, what were we talking about again? Oh yeah, we were introducing ourselves! I'm Elise, but everyone just calls me Ellie."

Utopian

"Looks like the party is over"
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023

Q7flxKX.png

Pokemon:
meowth.gif

Pokedollars: 250
Tanya Heartroot

"Well I'm not very hungry, but you can go ahead! I shall remain here and wait for you two to come back. After all i'm very interested in hearing your stories Oakley." Tanya hoped the girls would just agree to this and go to the market instead of questioning her.
The embarrassing truth was that she didn't have enough money to buy food. No that wasn't fully true, she did have enough for some things but coming from a rich environment she was pretty picky about her food. However she knew she could not just say that, and on top of that her pride prevented her from asking the girls to get something for her.

Her thoughts we're interrupted by her Meowth who was once again near some food that was being prepared by other trainers.
"Oh Glimmer stop begging! You already ate not too long ago, and you also got two cookies from Rose, don't you think thats enough?"
She decided to call back her Pokémon so that she didn't have to constantly watch if her Pokémon tried to snatch something.
"Sorry about that" Tanya turned around facing the two girls ago with a nervous smile.
"So if it's allright with you two, I will wait here!" She sat down at a table while looking towards the stew that someone was preparing.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 14, 2018
4758-692531963.jpg

Robert Moss | Viridian City
209MS.png

___________________________________________________________________​

"Excuse me. Sorry. I'll just…" The Pokémon Center appeared to be absolutely packed as Rob attempted to make his way across to the nurse's counter so that Princess might get a check up. 'Dinner time, apparently'

He recalled Silvio, the guy from the Pokémon Academy, mention the importance of nursing your Pokémon back to health after a battle whenever possible; "there are times when you won't be able to," he had said.

Finding a seat away from the cacophony of trainers, Rob found he could recognize at least one of the trainers present in the Center; a pink-haired girl wearing a school uniform, a person easy to recall anyways. 'She was at the Academy' he realized.

He didn't approach her or anything. That would have been weird… right? Instead, his gaze travelled over towards the blue mane flames of the Ponyta eating cookies. Rob couldn't help but scowl; as a breeder, he knew that feeding Pokémon anything other than Pokémon food is detrimental to their development, specifically junk food. How anyone could feed their shiny Pokémon chocolate chip cookies was beyond his comprehension. That Pokémon was a shiny, after all, shiny!

Shininess, Rob recalled, is a term used by Pokémon breeders to refer to Pokémon whose coats vary wildly in color and pigmentation from the norm. Sure, a Ponyta's coat may range from ivory to toothpaste white, and the color of their mane flames also ranges, from golden yellow to crimson flames. Genetic differences such as these can be easily manipulated to bring out these features through selective breeding; shiny colorations can not.

As a matter of fact, shiny colorations of Pokémon are still the subject of much debate among the breeding authorities worldwide. At one point, Prof. Pine, a man from Kalos, had been considered the authority on Pokémon genetics, breeding, and the subject of shininess. He argued that shininess was a dominant gene allele feature that required previous recessive allele combinations to show up in phenotype. His theories were astoundingly debunked during his later years when it was determined that the result of two shiny Pokémon begetting a shiny offspring was far lower than his estimates (around 1 in 8000), and around the same as that observed previously among non-shinies. This newfound data had thrown a wrench into the whole idea of shininess, as even some renown geneticists began to come out and claim that shininess wasn't even a genetic feature, but a recurring mutation of some sort within special uninheritable DNA strands.

Many a breeder had gone into the business with the goal of finding out the true nature of these special phenotypes and coats. More importantly, to find a way to exploit them. Shiny Pokémon were, after all, by virtue of their rarity, widely sought after by the decadent societal elite. Even now, Rob could not help but think of his father: 'Maybe I should go back. It's not like I've left, I'm still in Viridian City, after all…'

"Rob Moss" came the nurse's voice calling, and Rob's thought were yanked away from the shiny Pokémon, and back towards Princess and his dream of becoming a Pokémon Champion. No. He could no longer go back.

___________________________________________________________________​

The bologna sandwich with cheddar was good, but Rob certainly hoped the ham and turkey ones would be better. He was enjoying a nice quiet lunch by the shade of a large, lone elm on Route 22 as he took a break from Pokémon hunting. This would be a good place to find wild Pokémon to catch Nurse Joy had told him.

Jeff's voice still rang in his mind: "…your weaker Pokémon…" That Magnemite had been his weaker Pokémon.

Rob understood that he needed to obtain a new Pokémon in order to strengthen himself as a Pokémon trainer, but this route had been almost entirely bare (a fact most likely to do with the large pilgrimages of beginner trainers heading off to the entrance of Victory Road), in frustration, Rob threw away the bread crust of his sandwich.

Suddenly, a wild Pidove flew down to surface to start pecking at it, only for it to be tackled, pecked, and pushed aside by three ravenous Spearows. The event took all of two seconds before the Spearows flew away, each with their share in tow, while the now injured Pidove laid there, struggling to get up. It took about another second for everything to click in Rob's mind, "oh… right!" After all, who was he to look a gift Tauros in the mouth?

Rob threw his Poké Ball at the injured Pidove, and clicked his tongue in frustration when it burst out of it with aplomb. 'Looks like you're looking for a struggle then' he thought at it. "Princess!" he yelled as a command, bringing his Pokémon to attention. Her intimidating snarls and growls seemed to have an immediate effect on the wild Pokémon, whose nervousness became evident.

A sudden bark by Rob's scary-faced companion broke the up-until-now gathering tension, and forced the Pidove into a fleeing route, but it was too slow for Princess, who caught up with a lunging leap and grabbed hold of the Tiny Pigeon Pokémon from the wing with a crunching bite, shaking the poor Pokémon around before releasing and throwing it to the ground. A second Poké Ball suddenly encapsulated the Flying-type Pokémon, who would not break free again.

'Ping!' went the sound that indicated Rob's first Pokémon capture.​

Last edited:

Patoto

Ruru rururirarurin
Years
Rose looked at the other trainers, smiled and responded "allright, we'll meet you here, Tanya! We should be back in 15 minutes!" after she said that, she took Oakley by her hand and ran towards the exit of the pokecenter, off to the market a hop, skip and a jump away. once they arrived, she let go of Oakley and grabbed all the stuff she needed for lunch. While shopping, she allowed her mind to drift off. suddenly she remembered something about the Heartroot family.. didn't they get involved in some scandal somehow? Alas, it didn't matter. she might ask more about it later. She returned to the checkout counter where she saw Oakley already. "did you get everything?" Rose asked. She paid her half and waited for Oakley to finish up.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 25, 2018

Chapter 2.5: Story Time!

Quinn decided to put his hands in his pockets as he listened to the girl speak.
"I'm Elise, but everyone just calls me Ellie." the girl said. Honestly, this girl wasn't so bad. He had originally thought of her as an annoying person(But that was mainly because he was trying to catch a pokemon) but observing her, she didn't seem like a half-bad person, although one thing he observed was that she was a little distracted and forgetful, as proven when Ellie got distracted by something on the ground, then almost forgot what he had asked.
"Well, nice to meet you Ellie!" Quinn happily replied, taking his hands out of his pocket. Then he addressed her earlier statement, about Crasher Wake.
"Well, it's a long story. Here, come with me. We can walk and talk while we head back to the Pokemon Center." Quinn said, motioning for Ellie to follow him as he started walking back towards Viridian City. Ellie followed, as well as Quinn's pokemon.
"You see, I am not originally from here." Quinn started. He put his hands in his pockets as he walked. "I come from the Sinnoh Region. More specifically, Pastoria City." Quinn looked up towards the sky, reaching into his mind to pull some facts about the city. "Pastoria City was a nice little place. It wasn't as big as Jubilife City, and it wasn't as small as Celestic Town. It was like... The goldilocks of size of cities. Another thing about the city was that it was very marshy. Which is to be expected, as the city was built on a marshland. The city was also a decent tourist attraction, as we had two things of importance there. We had what is the equivalent of a Safari Zone in the city, and we also had a gym leader in the city. Judging by what you have said, I am assuming you know some things about Crasher Wake." Quinn looked back down and in front of him. He took his hands out and made an arching motion forward with his hands, resembling a wave. "Wooosh. He was our gym leader, he was a water type gym leader. To directly answer your question, yes I know Crasher Wake. When I was younger, my parents didn't really care at all for what I did in my free time. So every day I would head over to the gym and me and Crasher Wake would spend a lot of time together. He would teach me all there is about battling, and I would watch him battle. He was like a second father to me." Viridian City started coming in the distance, and Quinn noticed. "One day, we went to the Safari Zone together, and together we caught a Croagunk. Every day after that, me and Croagunk would play and laugh and we were so close. Oh! Croagunk, you should remember this story." Croagunk grunted in agreement. "So, one day, I went over to Crasher Wake's gym, and me, Crasher Wake, and Croagunk talked about the different regions of the world. After that, me and Croagunk decided to play tag. It was really fun, until one time when Croagunk tagged me, and he poisoned me!" Quinn stopped and looked at Croagunk. "That was the day we discovered that you had the Poison Touch ability. That day was not fun when it happened, but now we can look at it and laugh. Right, Croagunk?" Croagunk gave Quinn a wacky grin. Quinn then started walking again. "But yeah. I was having the time of my life in Pastoria City. But one day, before I set out on my daily walk to the Pastoria Gym, my parents said we were leaving. There was no heads up. We were leaving, right then and there. I was lucky enough for Crasher Wake to be outside when we drove by the gym leaving, and he quickly tossed me the pokeball which contained Croagunk. I caught it, and yelled, 'I'll see you again!' before the car got out of sight. I still don't know whether he heard me or not but-" Quinn stopped. And stopped moving. By this time they were right at the Viridian City gate. He turned to Ellie, and after a few moments, spoke.
"I miss Crasher Wake. He taught me everything. He was a better dad than my actual dad was. My dad never did anything with me. I mean, he let me as a kid just run off every day without even caring! I miss Crasher Wake, and I really want to see him again." Quinn then sat down, right then and there. His pokemon came up upon each of his shoulders, trying to cheer him up.

Permission to slightly control Ellie's movement granted by ShaymieTheShaymin.

Pokemon Trainer Quinn Darshoon
Current Pokemon In Possesion: 2
-Croagunk. Revealed Moves: Astonish, Poison Sting, Taunt, Drain Punch, Pursuit. Approx. level(used for move learning and evolution, not exact level): 15
-Ledyba. Revealed Moves: Tackle, Supersonic, Comet Punch. Approx. level: 11
Current Badges in Possesion: 0
Current Inventory: Some items
-1769 gold
-4 pokeballs
-Pokedex​

The Paradise Hunter
Years

Oakley Brumble

ponyta.gif

~***~
Oakley did notice the older male scowling at her as she fed Blue Flash a cookie. But she didn't pay any attention to him. She was used to getting looks for doing this kind of stuff with the shiny Ponyta. Many people were interested in shiny Pokemon, and she had experienced some people trying to buy her. While others seemed to see Blue Flash as something unique and worth showing off, Oakley loved Blue Flash because... well, she was hers and Oakley had owned Blue Flash since she was born, the girl and the Ponyta were very close.

Oakley blinked as Rose suddenly grabbed the girl by the hand and started pulling her out of the door. Oakley didn't struggle, since the result of being pulled to the market was getting food.

"Uh, ok! See ya, Tanya! Blue Flash, stay there!" she shouted at the Ponyta, since the blue flamed horse did have a habit of wandering. Blue Flash noticed Tanya standing alone and nuzzled the girl's arm with her nose, nickering softly in a friendly greeting.

Meanwhile, at the market, Oakley was looking around at all the things she could get for lunch. Though she did have to watch her budget. She had been given a fairly large sum of money to use for food, accomidation and the likes. But the reason it was so large in the first place was probably due to her parents understanding how much Oakley could eat. But since food was something that was perpetually on the girl's mind, it wouldn't take long to get through it all. Unless she could somehow earn money.

As she gathered her things, she thought back to what Rose and Tanya were saying, about Tanya's family being on TV. Oakley's family did have a TV in the living room, but the only person who usually watched it was Suber, her grandfather. Oakley never watched television, usually because she was busy doing jobs around the farm or, well, sleeping. So she didn't have any questions for Tanya, which didnt seem to be a bad thing since the girl was visibally uncomfortable when Rose asked her about it. Well, she guessed that should just leave it. Besides, Tanya wanted to know more about her life on a farm, something that Oakley was barely asked.

As she got to the counter and started bagging her things, the girl noticed Rose approaching her with her things. The girl gave the pinkette a wave as she walked over. "Yep, got all my stuff!" the younger girl grabbed her bags and watched the girl as she also got her stuff.

Years
j1ciNpi.png

Elise "Ellie" Masen

Ellie listened closely as Quinn told his story and huffed as her bangs fell into her eyes. Her mother had insisted on cutting her hair before she left for her journey, but she had been stubborn and refused to listen. Besides, she had never cut her hair before, so why should she start now? She had received a lot of compliments about her hair (though most of them had come from her sisters), and a tiny part of her didn't want that to go away.

"I'm from Sinnoh, too! Although I'm from Floraroma Town. It's pretty small, and nobody ever really visited. My family owned a flower shop, which I thought was pretty dumb since the whole town was full of flowers."

Ellie skipped alongside Quinn and braided a small part of her hair, just to have something to do as they talked. She frowned as she felt Hope's Pokeball shaking and decided to release the Togepi, holding her closely in her arms before she could run away. Hope trembled as she looked at Quinn, and Ellie rocked her gently.

"That's nice… Crasher Wake kind of scared me when I met him, but I guess he's not that bad. I wish I had a gym leader to look up to. Gardenia was really good friends with my parents, but she spent more time talking to them and Annalise than to me..."

She stopped talking for several minutes, focusing on calming Hope down before she ran off again. She noticed a few scratch marks on her Pokemon and briefly wondered what had attacked her. She stopped walking when Quinn sat down and frowned. She knelt down next to him in the dirt, getting her pink dress even more dirty, but she either didn't notice or didn't care. Hope whimpered at Quinn and tried to get out of Ellie's arms, but the girl held her tightly.

"Hey, it's going to be okay. I'm sure you'll get to see him again soon. Maybe--" She was cut off as Hope jumped out of her arms and ran off towards the Pokemon Center. She frowned as the Togepi ran off and looked at Quinn apologetically.

"I'm sorry, but I really need to get her before I lose her again! See you soon?" She stood up and ran off awkwardly, following Hope into the Pokemon Center (and wondering how she even managed to open the doors in the first place). She scowled as a nurse's assistant told rudely told her to put her shoes back on before she tracked dirt into the Pokemon Center.

Little too late for that, she thought, looking down at the muddied welcome mat. She caught a glimpse of Hope running underneath a table and called out to her, sighing when she didn't answer. After considering her choices, she reluctantly got down on her hands and knees and crawled underneath the table to calm Hope down.

Utopian

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023

Q7flxKX.png

Pokemon:
meowth.gif

Tanya Heartroot

Tanya waved towards the duo that were just leaving and was thinking about what she should do to keep herself entertained.
Just when she was about to think she felt something nuzzle up to her, it was Blue Flash, Oakley's Ponyta.
She rubbed the Pokémon's neck and gently petted it's nose causing Blue Flash to sneeze.
"Haha, sorry about that" she said.

Suddenly it crossed her mind that she hadn't fully checked out the Pokedex yet that she got from Professor Oak.
After all Tanya had zero interest in catching all of the Pokémon that she would come across, money was of more importance at the moment.
Aside from that she knew that it still contained some interesting facts and other handy information that would help her on a journey, being a rookie and all.

Tanya looked at the sillhouette's of some Pokémon and tried to guess which ones they were, when suddenly she heard a loud 'HEY!'.
She looked up and saw a trainer shooing a Ponyta that was trying to get a taste of the stew he was making.
"A Ponyta.. wait a minute" Tanya looked to her left and noticed Blue Flash wasn't standing there anymore.
At that moment she connected the dots and stood up immediatley, "Oh Blue Flash no, that's not for you!"
"Is this Pokémon yours miss?!" the trainer asked while making sure the Pokémon couldn't reach his stew.
"No no it's a friend's, she was just standing next to me not to long ago, I am so sorry!" Tanya kept apologizing untill she heard the doors open.
Rose and Oakley had returned and Tanya gave a sigh of relief.

Patoto

Ruru rururirarurin
Years
as they walked back, Rose got lost in her mind again. before she knew it, they were back at the pokecenter. She noticed the scene that happened with the ponyta. "oh dear.. you might wanna take care of that quickly, Oakley.." she said.
meanwhile she walked over to the tabel where Tanya was. She sat down and looked at Tanya. She was absolutely certain it was her now. She knew it was not the bestthign to do, but her curiosity grew slightly too big. "i'm sorry, i know you don't want to talk about it, but.. I remember where i saw you on tv before. It was that one scandal wasn't it..? I would just like to know if your family is allright.. it all seemed so suspicious..." Rose looked down, in hope that Tanya didn't feel upset.
She opened her lunchbox and nibbled down on it after wishing everyone a good meal. At that moment, Oakley returned to the table. She wondered if the mood was tense or if it just felt that way to her.

The Paradise Hunter
Years

Oakley Brumble

ponyta.gif

~***~
Oakley was too busy thinking about what she could have for lunch to notice what was going on at first. It wasn't until Rose had called on her that she became aware of what was going on. She suddenly noticed Blue Flash sticking her nose in someone else's lunch.

"Oh, Blue Flash stop that!" Oakley grabbed Blue by her reins and yanked her away, "Look, you stupid, I got your food here!" With those words, Blue's ears flicked up and she immediatly stood attention in front of Oakley. She gave the Ponyta a pat on her neck before looking at the person she was trying to nick food from.

"Sorry!" she apologised as she looked at Rose and Tanya as they left to go to to find a table. The girl eagerly followed the pair, holding onto her sizable lunch of a couple of bentos (veg free and large sized) and noodles and sat with them at the table. She looked at Rose, who had just asked Tanya about... a scandel? The girl blinked and glanced at Tanya, not sure how she was going to react. She didnt quite know what to say so decided to keep quiet. A growl from her stomach reminded her of why she was at this table in the first place and she opened one of her bentos.

She was about to tuck into it when she suddenly saw something dash betwen her legs. Oakley let out a yelp as a Togapi dashed between her legs and under their table, closely followed by a tiny girl shouting for her. The girl blinked as she saw the Togapi dive under another table, the girl hot on her trail. Oakley, ever curious, got up from her seat and went to investigate. She got to the table and bent over to check it out.

"Uh, are you okay- GAH!" Oakley yelped as she was suddenly hit in the chest by the Togapi as it ran into her. It was sitting on her chest with its head tilted. She blinked as she noticed the girl crawling under the table.
"I take it she belongs to you?" she chuckled, unable to stop herself from finding the whole situation quite funny. She noticed the Togapi giving her a disgusted look, "I didn't get a chance to shower today, what do you want from me?" she sat up and looked at the girl with her head tilted, curious as to who she was.

Utopian

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023

Q7flxKX.png

Pokemon:
meowth.gif

Tanya Heartroot

Just when Oakley was about to deal with Blue Flash, Rose sat down at the same table where Tanya was sitting as well.
That's when Rose asked that dreaded question that caught her attention.
"I remember where i saw you on tv before. It was that one scandal wasn't it..?"
At this point Oakley was listening as well, making Tanya feel more uncomfortable.

Did she really have to share her story with these two? She didn't even know them that well.
Tanya had no plans of traveling together either, which made her doubt even more.
"I would just like to know if your family is allright.. it all seemed so suspicious..." said Rose.
When she heard that line that ugly feeling fueled her again, the feeling of vengeance.
"Supicious.. that's putting it lightly, when I find the person that hurt our family name i'll be sure to... Wha..?" She noticed a Togepi dive under the table followed by what looked like a girl.

The Togepi hopped onto Oakley's lap and a person crawled from under the table, the person was indeed a girl wearing a beautifull dress and flower crown.
What could this all be possibly about?

Years
j1ciNpi.png

Elise "Ellie" Masen

Ellie blushed as she saw Hope run into the stranger. Hope had never behaved like this before. Sure, she ran away a lot whenever she got scared, but she hadn't attacked someone before. She had never even been in a battle. Something was wrong with her, and Ellie was going to get to the bottom of it. She answered the girl before trying to grab Hope.

"Yeah, she's mine. She normally doesn't act like this, but she's been acting out ever since we came to Kanto." Mostly since I lost her five minutes into our journey, she thought with a frown. She grabbed Hope before she could run away and hugged the Togepi tightly.

"Sorry about her… I hope she didn't hurt you too badly." She paused and looked down at Hope, who was staring at the stranger with disgust. "I don't know why you're being so rude to her, Hope. I'm covered in dirt, too. Especially since I had to spend so much time looking for you after you ran away the first time."

Hope huffed and ignored Ellie, instead focusing on trying to touch her feet. She didn't have much luck, since her body was so round and her arms were tiny. Ellie scowled and noticed that there was a tiny thorn in her foot.

"Is that why you've been so mean?" she asked, pulling the thorn out gently. Hope flinched and snuggled up to Ellie, who sighed. She looked at the other girl and chuckled slightly, crawling out from under the table.

"Sorry again about Hope attacking you. I should have been paying better attention to how she was feeling. My name's Elise, but everyone calls me Ellie, and I don't normally look this dirty. I was picking flowers and looking for Hope and I forgot that my dress got so dirty easily."

ImMrRoboto

That's MISTER Roboto to you!
Years
"No" Kade said in response to Eric. "No, nothing else." Personally, Kade believed he had said a little too much already.

After that, he simply sat in silence, occasionally opening his mouth in an attempt to say something, but eventually just closing it again. Once class began, he just sat in his desk, half paying attention. He picked up the important things like paralysis and poison, but he just kept thinking about her. He always did, but recent events pushed her to the front of his mind. He went on not paying attention until:

"Alright class, now that we've learned all about the effects, it's time to put your knowledge to the test. Form pairs, because we are going to battle eachother. And don't worry, we will heal your pokemon right after the battle." The teacher announced, catching Kade's attention. He looked around the room to see the teacher putting people into pairs. Kade got paired with a little kid wearing a cap.

Once everybody had been paired off, the class went out to a small battle arena. All of the pairs got lined up, and the first battle started. The kid Kade had been paired with turned to him. He couldn't have been older than ten. The kid started trying to start a conversation with Kade. Something about shorts or something. The topic didn't quite thrill Kade so he just shot the kid a look and ended the discussion quickly. The kid turned to the next group and started talking to them while Kade started humming a song he knew from Lavender Town. It was catchy but he couldn't remember it's name. Purple City Sickness perhaps?

"Hey! Let's go!" The little kid was tugging at Kade's shirt, pointing to the arena. It was their turn. They both stepped into the arena and pulled out a single Pokéball each. Kade decided to use Pidgey for this battle since hadn't really had the chance to see the Pokémon perform in battle. He threw the ball and a white light emerged, forming the shape of his flying type Pokémon.

"Go, Puffball!" The young kid shouted as he threw his ball. When the white light dissipated, a Cottonee was revealed.

"Ready?" The teacher asked, looking to both trainers. Kade nodded. He had not only a type advantage, but a speed advantage as well. He couldn't lose.

"Begin!" The teacher shouted, initiating the battle.

"Puffball, use Stun Spore!" The kid said, trying to get an early upper hand. The Cottonee shot a yellow powder at Pidgey.

"Pidgey, use Gust, quickly!" Kade ordered his Pokémon. Hopefully the attack would send the dust flying back to Cottonee. But either Pidgey didn't hear Kade, or didn't care because just flew out the way of the attack, forcing Kade to duck under it as well. Pidgey then, without any instruction from Kade, dived toward Cottonee. But Pidgey was attacking from too high and didn't distract Cottonee, leaving itself wide open.

"Dodge, then use Razor Leaf!" The boy shouted. The Cotton Puff Pokémon hopped out of the way and started shooting curved leaves at Pidgey. The Pidgey couldn't get out of the way quickly enough and was hit right on the beak. Pidgey fell to the floor. It got up slowly and got up the air again, enraged.

"Pidgey! Listen to me!" Kade yelled, but the battle was beyond his control now. Pidgey wouldn't listen to him. To make it worse, The Tiny Bird Pokémon was fighting recklessly. If this went on, They would lose the battle. Kade had to get Pidgey to listen to him. Unfortunately, Pidgey was already using Quick Attack again. Pidgey went back into a dive bomb. Once again, Cottonee hopped back, causing Pidgey to crash into the ground, momentarily stunning Kade's Pokémon.

"Alright, Puffball, let's finish this now! Use Energy Ball!" The boy yelled triumphantly. The Cottonee started charging a green orb, preparing to fire it at Pidgey. By the time Pidgey got up, the energy orb was already fully charged. The Cottonee yelled as it launched the ball. Pidgey flew away immediately, the orb just barely missing. Kade breathed a short sigh of relief before realizing what was right behind Pidgey.

And that was indeed that last thing he thought about before blacking out.

Last edited:

Patoto

Ruru rururirarurin
Years
Rose was right.. it did tense Tanya up. and quite a bit. Thankfully the subject got changed quickly thanks to the little togepi hopping around, onto Oakley. She couldn't help but giggle a little as well. While the girl was talking to Oakley, she turned to Tanya and apologized, not meaning to upset her, before focussing on the togepi again. She heard Ellie introduce herself. out of habit, she introduced herself as well. "nice to meet you, Ellie and Hope. My name is Rosemary du Fontaine, but feel free to call me Rose. If you'd like to freshen up, there are rooms in the back, where you can rest and refresh yourself. They start right after the kitchen. We were just about to eat, So if everyone agrees, i'd like to invite you to join us. Oakley was about to tell more about the farm she grew up at. Which reminds me, what was the name of the Ranch again, Oakley?" Rose told and asked. Meanwhile she felt one of her pokeballs wiggle. "oh, right! i still have to feed you 2 too!" She let out her poochyena and her Budew and prepared their food. The pokemon ate happily away.

The Paradise Hunter
Years

Oakley Brumble

ponyta.gif

~***~
"Ah, well that explains her bad mood." Oakley chuckled as she stood up, seeing the girl pull a thorn from the Togapi's foot. She then noticed Rose walking over and she listened as the two girls introduced themselves to each other. So this little girl's name was Ellie and her Togapi was named Hope. Cool. Oakley smiled as she looked at the little round Pokemon, who seemed a lot calmer now that the thorn was out.

"Well, since everyone else is introducing themselves, I might as well." she grins, "I'm Oakley, and that's Blue Flash." she pets the nose of shiny Ponyta as she was nuzzling Oak's pocket, probably looking for a treat. When Rose proposes to Ellie that the girl could eat with them, Oakley gave her a nod in approval. But then she looks back at Tanya, who was still at the table. Oakley hadn't heard what the two girls had been talking about but she had figured it was better not to ask, since Tanya really didn't seem eager to speak about it.

Oakley listened as Rose mentioned that the Pokemon Center had a place where people could wash up. They had those? It didn't really matter to Oakley much, though. The most she ever did in a wash room was brush her teeth and wash her hands. Usually she either didn't have time to do anything else or she simply couldn't be bothered. Another nudge from Blue Flash brought Oakley's thoughts to what she, right now, deemed most important: Nourishment.

"I'll shower later, I'm hungry." She said to no one in particular as she sat back at their table. But befre she could tuck into her lunch, the girl was inerrupted yet again by Blue Flash this time. The Ponyta stamped her hoof and snorted impatiently. Oakley tilted her head before finally piecing everything together.

"Oh, right! Sorry, Blue!" Oakley dug into her bag and brought out the Ponyta's food, putting it into a bowl for her. Blue Flash huffed happily and tucked in. As she did, Oakley noticed Rose giving her Pokemon food too. She turned back to Blue Flash and patted her neck.

"Don't worry, Blue. I'll get you a friend to eat with soon enough." she said, though the horse didn't seem interested as she continued to eat like Oakley wasn't there. When Oakley sat back down, she had just grabbed her fork when Rose questioned her on what the ranch she lived at was called.

"Oh, yeah I forgot to say, didn't I? It's called Ember Pine Farm." she answered, "Though my grandad wanted to call it Fire Wood farm. I like em both, though." she grinned cheesily. When she looked at one of the large bentos that she had opened, she sighed seeing that it had gone cold. She got up and walked to a microwave nearby to warm it up. She sat back down at the table as she waited for it, wrapping her arms around her stomach which let out another growl.

"Gah! I'm gonna die before this thing warms up." Oakley chuckled, though this was starting to get on her nerves. Blue Flash seemed to notice Oakley's hunger and quickly pulled her bowl away with her teeth, making Oakley laugh, "Relax, Blue I'm not desperate enough to steal your lunch."

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 25, 2018

Chapter 2.6: Time to Eat!

Though it lasted for just a moment, it felt nice having someone somewhat care for him again since he had to leave Crasher Wake. After a few moments of mourning, Ledyba started poking at Quinn's shoulder. He looked up at Ledyba and saw that she had a smile on her face. That cheered Quinn up.
"You're right." Quinn said, getting up. "I should stop pouting and focus on the happy and exciting things in life instead of worrying about the past." Quinn smiled back at Ledyba. "Thanks, Ledyba!" Ledyba chirped in reply. Quinn then looked at Croagunk.
"Alright gang," Quinn started. "Let's head back to the Pokemon Center in Viridian City. We can get you healed up, and we can stop by the Pokemon Mart and get some food for you guys. How does that sound?" Both pokemon, with smiles on their faces, cried out in glee. And thus, the gang of Quinn, Croagunk, and Ledyba started walking back to Viridian City.

Finally, the trio reached the blue building that was the Pokemon Mart. Quinn dug into his pockets and got out his pokemon's pokeballs.
"Alright, you guys. I had fun walking with you two, but now it is time to go back in for a little bit. I'll see you when it is time to eat!" Quinn said. He then subsequently put the two pokemon in their pokeballs and walked in. The mart was very brightly colored, with white everywhere. He looked down one of the aisles, grabbed some pokemon food, then traveled down to another isle, where he grabbed some handy food for himself. He then walked to the counter.
The guy at the counter did not seem very happy with his job. He didnt speak at first, and only when the guy finished bagging his groceries did he speak, and he only spoke in a low monotone voice. "See you again soon." The bagger said, and Quinn walked out, annoyed at that guy's bored attitude. When Quinn got out of the store, he made for the fastest possible route to the Pokemon Center. A couple of minutes later, he walked in. An awkward thing he noticed was that there was an unnaturally large amount of dirt on the welcome mat. I wonder if that was from that Ellie girl. She did seem like a sort-of tomboy. However, he quickly pushed that thought away, as he had some business to do here as he walked up to the Pokemon Center counter.
"Hello, Nurse Joy." Quinn said to the Nurse Joy now in front of him. "Can you heal my pokemon?" Quinn asked, laying his pokeballs on the counter.
"Of course!" Nurse Joy replied. She took the pokeballs and walked aeay, coming back a few moments later.
"Your pokemon are fully healed. Thank you and hope to see you soon!" Nurse Joy said. Quinn took his pokeballs and went to find an empty area in the center with a chair. He found one and walked over there. He sat down and searched through his inventory for the cans of pokemon food. He opened them and sat them on the floor. Next, he got his pokeballs from his pocket and released them, bringing out both pokemon.
"Alright guys. Eat up!" Quinn exclaimed. Both pokmon saw the cans of food and dove right in starting to gobble up all the food. Quinn took his time to eat some of his food that he bought too. Aftr a few moments, they were all done.
"That was some good fun, huh? I can tell this is going to be a fun adventure with all of us together!" Quinn exclaimed.
Both pokemon cried out in agreement.

Pokemon Trainer Quinn Darshoon
Current Pokemon In Possesion: 2
-Croagunk. Revealed Moves: Astonish, Poison Sting, Taunt, Drain Punch, Pursuit. Approx. level(used for move learning and evolution, not exact level): 15
-Ledyba. Revealed Moves: Tackle, Supersonic, Comet Punch. Approx. level: 11
Current Badges in Possesion: 0
Current Inventory: Some items
-1692 gold
-4 pokeballs
-Pokedex​

Utopian

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023

Q7flxKX.png

Pokemon:
meowth.gif
(Known moves: Scratch, Bite, Iron Tail, Growl, Fury Swipes)
Tanya Heartroot

Legs crossed, hand near her mouth and a expressionless look on her face. Tanya was still deep in thoughts .
In fact she did not even seem to notice Rose who apologised for her earlier comment.
Her mind was too clouded by that nasty emotion, vengeance. Not only that she also felt grief.

Why did it have to be her father, and why did it have to hurt her family's name as well? Tanya just couldn't understand it, her father was a hard worker he would never commit fraud or any of the other things he was accused off.
She couldn't name all the accusations, there were so many, it was like the first one created a chain reaction.
Was she really angry at all of that though? Maybe the actual problem was that she had lost her luxury life and now actually had to work hard to obtain the things she liked.
Tanya shook her head, no that wasn't true, she remembered she was actually getting tired of sitting at home all the time. This journey was a good thing for her.

She looked over towards the table all the girls were sitting at, she wanted to join them but she had to get the negative emotions out of her system.
And what better way was there then to do some training with Glimmer, she looked towards her pokéball and smiled.
She rose up from her chair and walked past the table of the three girls, "Excuse me.." was all she muttered.

As Tanya took her first step outside of the Pokécenter she was greeted by those warm sunrays once more, it was a nice change from the indoor lights. There was a flickering light in the center that had bothered her for to long.
She let her partner out of his ball and suggested they should train. Glimmer responded by lifting his front paws in excitement.
They walked towards the tree they used for training not to long ago.
"Allright Glimmer use Iron Tail!" the Meowth responded by attacking the tree with his tail and bounced right off after the impact, making him stand in front of Tanya again.
"Now I want you to use Bite on those branches!" Glimmer sprang up and bit off the branches as he was instructed.
"Keep up the pressure! Use your Scratch attack!" Once again the Meowth obeyed and attacked the tree with his claws, only he kept going after the first Scratch.
"Oh.. that looks like Fury Swipes! Nice going Glimmer you learned a new move!" Tanya felt so proud of her little partner, she just knew the two of them would get far in life, no matter how long it would take.
"Show off your new move just one more time Glimmer!" The normal type Pokémon obeyed and attacked the tree once more.

Tanya just stood there still looking as proud as before, she may have lost her luxury life but she was still able to find joy in small things like these.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
Eric walked out of the Trainer's School, knowing nobody besides this 'Kade' character paid any attention to him. He felt a spiritual presence, and knew exactly who it was. He began hearing the voice of his late girlfriend. Skorupi instinctively popped out of its Pokeball, also feeling the presence.
"Oh, Skorupi. You miss her too, don't you?" Eric asked the scorpion-like Pokemon. "I wasn't expecting her to appear to us again until we got to Lavender Town. Because that's nearest to where she, died...."

The wind blew softly in Eric's face, as Eric began praying to his girlfriend's spirit.
"Don't worry, my love. I'll find those miserable Rockets who killed you, bring them to justice, and ultimately avenge your untimely death. I swear, on the Book of Arceus, you have my word."

Eric called Skorupi back to its Pokeball silently, as the spiritual presence vanished, and Eric then clutched his locket.
"I'm sorry, Peggy, that I didn't come in time to save you......."

Back