• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RAMEN!!!

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    500px-Ichiraku_Ramen.png

You walk down the street, tired after a long day when it hits you. The most beautiful thing you've ever smelled. It's just the right mixture of green onions, miso, and fried pork to catch your attention. But what's that? Following your nose you arrive at a quaint little shop, taking a seat in the one empty spot at the surprisingly crowded booth. You have arrived! Rumor has it this place makes the best Ramen this side of the Equator. The chef looks at you with a smile and plops a menu down in front of you--you're tongue watering as you read down the list.

Erhm, uh, anyway. Ramen. It's a food that can be either cheap to match your budget or made with the finest ingredients if you have a bit more of a refined palate. You can buy it premade with seasoning or have it prepared fresh. It can be either made simple with nothing but a singular meat flavored broth and noodles, or a lot more complex with the perfect combination of seasonings and a great mixture of varied toppings to suit your taste.

What's your take on ramen? Personally, I haven't experienced much else besides the store bought brands like Nissin or the more generic ones--but even then I do a variety of things to spice it up that ranges from adding eggs, extra seasonings, cheese, meats among other things. It's interesting to note, too, that this prepackaged variety brings many new things to the table like making pizza on the Ramen, or maybe a grilled cheese ramen sandwich type of thing. I haven't tried those last two out, but it sounds pretty good to me! Oh, and don't even get me started on the things I learned you can do with generic top ramen from my friends and family who have been to prison--it's like a miracle food that you can do anything with when you need to.​

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Ramen is the best thing in the world! It's even more fun to mix other things with the noodles. I like using the cheese powder from easy mac the most. It's soooo good with the cheese powder. *_____*

kyuubi93

What a bother
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2018
    I love mixing chicken or beef ramen with tapatio hot sauce :D
    Best thing ever, especially when you mix it with cheese <3

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    Ramen used to be my bread and butter. I try to avoid it more now because of the MSG that happens to be in most popular brands here in the USA. Unless it's all natural or excludes the ingredient I try to avoid it. I however don't mind having some once in a while, because I get random cravings for Oriental (lol).

Years
  • I've never had Ramen before, but this thread is honestly making me want to have some. Seems there are quite a few ways to mix them!

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • hi i am here to commit treason

can someone please explain to me what ramen actually is and why everybody hypes it? is it just because it's japanese or

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I only have cup noodle soup when I'm sick. It goes great with saltine crackers. I only eat the noodles and I dump the vegetables and liquid when I'm done.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    hi i am here to commit treason

can someone please explain to me what ramen actually is and why everybody hypes it? is it just because it's japanese or

it's poor student food. you can buy a huge pack for 2 dollars or less and it takes like 5 mins to cook once you get the water boiled. It's just dried noodles that come with a flavor packet. I've seen chicken, beef, and shrimp flavor. Everyone I know eats it, it's not because it's japanese but I can see why you would think that reading it from here lolol

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Real ramen tastes distinctly different from instant noodles, imo (though I'm told it's equally unhealthy, just less salt and MSG). Since packaged instant ramen was my "I have no one cooking for me today" meal as a kid I'm not that keen on it anymore, but I like the ramen served in restaurants. The one I go to frequently serves the traditional kinds, like shoyu and tonkotsu, but also have a lot of weirder flavors, like kimchi seafood and curry ramen (if you've played The World Ends With You, it's kinda like Ken Doi's ramen shop, when he was trying to come up with new flavors :P), which taste pretty good too.

hi i am here to commit treason

ramen is noodles and I like noodles
    I do like Japanese cuisine a lot in general, so maybe you're on to something there

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • The cheap packaged stuff is alright, it can be made better by even just dropping in an egg or some vegetables, you can even go all out and buy the $1.50 stuff. But I really prefer cooking some actual ramen or going out and getting some at a restaurant. Restaurant is preferable because while cooking is nice, it's incredibly hard to find enough chicken bones around here to make the broth.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Ramen just doesn't woo me like it used to. I have a twenty pack in my apt and I think I've eaten one in like four months. At the restaurants I prefer udon too so ramen's like a friend I've fallen out of contact with

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • It's alright. I can't really eat instant ramen anymore because the flavours are so dull. A few years ago I started making my own simple shoyu broth and then moved onto udon noodles instead of ramen because I prefer the taste/texture and I'm never looking back. :x Even when I go to ramen shops here, I substitute for udon if I can.

Curry ramen is to die for. Even just thinking about it is making my mouth water.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I've had more pho than ramen, but whatever. Same difference. Asian hot broth soups. The noodles are different, and ramen broth is generally richer, but still. Hot bowls filled of goodies with glistening protein globules permeating to the surface of the broth.

When I'm feeling cold or am sick, I like to go for these kinds of things over Western soups. They feel wonderful.

It is not something we make at home however, as we generally cook mediterranean and uhh.... white anglo-saxon? XD

I went to a ramen bar last year, that was fun

(instant ramen is nasty, btw)

Glameow

Purrrfect~
    Years
  • I don't eat ramen as much as I did before...I ate soooo much of it in high school. I don't each chicken kind though.

Beef, with a pinch of goya beef bullion, egg, steak tips, and mushroom

Years
  • I'm sure if I had some actual, non-store-bought non-instant ramen to try I'd be all for it, since I don't mind noodles. Unfortunately, I got really tired of it - that is, the instant stuff - after my college days, and pretty much refuse to touch it anymore.

Except for when I've been sick. It's not uncommon for me to suddenly start craving some beef ramen hardcore if I've been sick for a few days. Probably because of its saltiness.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I don't mind Ramen. I'll eat it, but it's not like I'll go out of my way to get it.
    It's like, I'll have Ramen, but I don't myself having any other form of easy make 2 minute noodles - just whatever is available I guess.
    I'll also sometimes have it in sushi stores or whatnot, but that itself is more a once in a while thing.

Back