• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Serious Recent Life Changes?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Anyone have any recent big life changes, be it positive or negative?

Recently, my father got a new (used) car and a second job, so that's cool, I guess.

Years
    • Seen today
    Pushed myself to do more. I made myself a resume, have been putting in job applications, stuff along those lines.

And well I wasn't really planning on it, but it was a party and I tried alcohol for the first time. Didn't care in the first place, didn't care after I chugged it. Felt chilled out, but didn't effect me otherwise. It was honestly kind of disgusting.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Received a diagnosis for Crohn's Disease. Cannot gauge its impact yet. (Has not begun treatment.) Dealt with digestive issues for a long time. Could be recent or old.

Understands how Humira advertises so much now. Costs a fortune (before insurance and other cost-reduction means).

Olivia

Hello there
    Years
  • 2 months ago my step mother died because of covid-19 she was the only person who liked me though I am adopted.... Now there are only my step dad and step brother....... And atlast me.........

her passing off is the biggest change in my life.........

Years
  • Don't have any recent life changes, but wanted to reply to some people ^.^

Received a diagnosis for Crohn's Disease. Cannot gauge its impact yet. (Has not begun treatment.) Dealt with digestive issues for a long time. Could be recent or old.

Understands how Humira advertises so much now. Costs a fortune (before insurance and other cost-reduction means).

From what I see on google it sounds manageable, though you will probably need to watch what you eat. I did read something about 2 versions, an acute one and a chronic one, with the chronic one being milder?
    Humira sounds expensive, but is it the only treatment? No other alternatives?

Wishing you well, hope it doesn't impact you too much and you stay as healthy as possible!

2 months ago my step mother died because of covid-19 she was the only person who liked me though I am adopted.... Now there are only my step dad and step brother....... And atlast me.........

her passing off is the biggest change in my life.........

My step father died this past March.
    Needless to say, this is a huge change.

My condolences
    Spoiler:

Loss is never easy =(

she was the only person who liked me though I am adopted.

=(
    Really hope you have some good friends if that's your family situation.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I was married late 2020. Got pregnant before Christmas. Grandmother, whom I was very close to, passed away in February due to copd and chf (I think the copd was identified as the main cause and the chf was a co-morbidity) after fighting these diseases and living a poor quality of life since 2017. My lovely baby doggo, Briggs, passed away at only 5 years old due to congenital liver disease that led to liver failure. We'd only had him for a year and half. It's completely destroyed me, where for an entire month I didn't take care of myself or my unborn child, thus leading to pretty bad anemia, suicidal thoughts, and a really nasty bout of depression.

2021 has so far been horrible, possibly the worst year of my life. But we're supposed to be getting 2 new puppies this weekend, so hopefully that lifts my spirits. I'm excited to train them and love them. Haven't had a puppy since I got the first dog of my own: Tachi, who passed away in 2019 at 12 years old. It's been 14 years, so wish me luck.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Sep 7, 2021
    it would honestly be easier for me to say what hasn't changed over the last year. most of them positive but there's certainly some negatives that are continuing to hamper me today. the worst of it all was my mother passing away towards the end of 2020, a month after her birthday, a month after i came out to her and she accepted me. i've done my best to not linger on it for long periods of time and cope with that loss in private. there's a lot of regret lingering around her death. it's crazy how you sometimes can't predict that the last time you spoke with someone will always be the last. i miss her dearly and want for the sound of her voice one more time.

nowadays i just encourage anyone who is on good terms with their mother to please keep up with her and visit often. try to avoid having regret over it in the future, yeah?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I herniated a disc and have been going to physical therapy for dry needling.
    I will need surgery.
    I managed to get some help for medical bills I've accrued since the injury.
    I refinanced my car because the original interest and monthly payments were so high since I originally got it at a time when my credit score was much lower.
    I've been learning React to further my career since that's the most in demand skill that I don't have.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Some of my most recent life changes happened during the pandemic last year. This includes buying a (new!!!) car, upgrading my space with a bigger apartment and achieving my dream career.

This year, as I am now 30, my new goal is to save up to buy a home!

My BIGGEST life change (ever) was the big move from California to Houston six years ago. There were times that I do get a bit homesick but I do not regret leaving. It'll be expensive for me to return if I decide to the rent there is so damn high

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • I will be moving to live with my boyfriend in 5 months. We are working hard to make it happen. I applied to a job listing today and will continue to look at other listings.

Years
  • First of all, my love to anyone who has had to deal with negative changes recently. Loss of loved ones, illness etc. are all so difficult to cope with.

*big hugs for you all*

The last 18 months or so have changed my life dramatically.

This is almost a "Mental Health Club" type post, so I'm gonna put it in spoilers so you can avoid it if necessary.

Spoiler:

Those are some of the major changes in my life in the last year or so. I've also had some positive changes too! I made some incredible new online friends, and learned that there are so many lovely people in this world! I realised I'm actually a far better poet than I give myself credit for, and I also became staff on some silly little forum that you've never heard of ;)

Years
  • I was married late 2020. Got pregnant before Christmas. Grandmother, whom I was very close to, passed away in February due to copd and chf (I think the copd was identified as the main cause and the chf was a co-morbidity) after fighting these diseases and living a poor quality of life since 2017. My lovely baby doggo, Briggs, passed away at only 5 years old due to congenital liver disease that led to liver failure. We'd only had him for a year and half. It's completely destroyed me, where for an entire month I didn't take care of myself or my unborn child, thus leading to pretty bad anemia, suicidal thoughts, and a really nasty bout of depression.

2021 has so far been horrible, possibly the worst year of my life. But we're supposed to be getting 2 new puppies this weekend, so hopefully that lifts my spirits. I'm excited to train them and love them. Haven't had a puppy since I got the first dog of my own: Tachi, who passed away in 2019 at 12 years old. It's been 14 years, so wish me luck.

it would honestly be easier for me to say what hasn't changed over the last year. most of them positive but there's certainly some negatives that are continuing to hamper me today. the worst of it all was my mother passing away towards the end of 2020, a month after her birthday, a month after i came out to her and she accepted me. i've done my best to not linger on it for long periods of time and cope with that loss in private. there's a lot of regret lingering around her death. it's crazy how you sometimes can't predict that the last time you spoke with someone will always be the last. i miss her dearly and want for the sound of her voice one more time.

nowadays i just encourage anyone who is on good terms with their mother to please keep up with her and visit often. try to avoid having regret over it in the future, yeah?

Spoiler:

Stay strong!

@CiCi - What about the incoming child though? Can't help but notice little mention of it. Not looking forward to it? =o
    Also good luck with the puppies! =)

@warm - I don't think it's ever possible to predict when you last speak to someone. Life is unpredictable, and bad things tend to happen when you least expect them =(
    I don't suppose you have a video of you and your mom? I mean it's not the same as hearing her voice in person obviously, but it might help.

I herniated a disc and have been going to physical therapy for dry needling.
    I will need surgery.
    I managed to get some help for medical bills I've accrued since the injury.
    I refinanced my car because the original interest and monthly payments were so high since I originally got it at a time when my credit score was much lower.
    I've been learning React to further my career since that's the most in demand skill that I don't have.

Best wishes for the surgery!
    and hope you can get the medical bills sorted =)

Spoiler:

Those are some of the major changes in my life in the last year or so.

=(
    I'm not sure what to even say to all this.... so many bad things that I'm just sitting here silently, a bit flabbergasted. I just feel like giving you a very, very, very long hug... and I'll probably cry while doing so.
    Life is just so much more unfair to some than to others =(

Spoiler:

Really hope things improve for you...
    Did your friend not give any reason at all for suddenly breaking off contact? =(

Years
  • =(
    I'm not sure what to even say to all this.... so many bad things that I'm just sitting here silently, a bit flabbergasted. I just feel like giving you a very, very, very long hug... and I'll probably cry while doing so.
    Life is just so much more unfair to some than to others =(

Spoiler:

Really hope things improve for you...
    Did your friend not give any reason at all for suddenly breaking off contact? =(

Spoiler:

A hug would be amazing tbh, thank you for always being so kind to everyone <3

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
    Years
    • Age 22
    • He/they
    • Oregon
    • Seen Mar 14, 2023
    2021 has been a really rough year for me. I got into a toxic relationship that ended with my ex lying about dumping me. I then had to deal with being blocked everywhere and having to hear my former High School classmates gossiping about us. Learning about how much they suddenly hated me and that they don't care about how hurt I was created some serious trauma. I also know they've done this to many people. Even when I was with them I knew about their opinions on their exes. They thought all of them were awful and that they didn't care about any of them. Knowing that I'm on the list can be very painful. Especially since I was love bombed and discarded so quickly. It's been a few months and I still have trust issues. Whenever a friend or acquaintance does something similar to my ex I immediately become anxious. That concern has led to four people I wanted to be friends with ghosting me.

I also got laid off from one job and fired from another. They were both challenging jobs for different reasons, but I don't regret doing either. I learned how to follow work schedules and deal with coworkers. Now that my gap year is almost finished, I can take those skills to college.

Speaking of which, I'll be moving to a bigger city to start college. I was accepted last month to become a Japanese language major. Being away from the teenagers who tormented me in High School and this past year will be a relief. Of course not every person in college will be nice, but having a fresh start is an opportunity I can't skip.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    @CiCi - What about the incoming child though? Can't help but notice little mention of it. Not looking forward to it? =o
    Also good luck with the puppies! =)
    Unfortunately, no. I'm no longer looking forward to this kid. I was at first, but the beatdown by 2021 has been unkind. I wanted my grandmother to see my baby. I wanted Briggs to be a doggy big brother. With both of those things gone all at once, the toll on my mental health has been awful, hence why I didn't care to nurture myself or the baby. I have prenatal depression, which is a general feeling of depression and disconnect with the child. Doctor suggest therapy, but I'm awful about following through with that sort of thing (I never followed through with grief counseling, either). I just want to be left alone.

But thank you for asking, and wishing luck with the puppies. We're getting them tomorrow and I'm stoked. But then, I've always loved dogs more than I like people :P

Back