• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Releasing Pokemon

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Yes, I release Pokemon. No often, but when I do, I have my reasons. =/ In Platinum right now, since I'm not allowing myself to have more than seven Pokemon, I release any Pokemon I catch by accident or catch to use once. But, usually, I trade my doubles on Wonder Trade these days, so I barely release any, actually! I usually do have a reason, though, so.

Years
    Usually, if I release Pokémon, it's because they're unnecessary to have on me and I want to clear up space in my storage. Thankfully in Generation VI with the advent of Pokémon Bank, it becomes a lot easier to hold what I have, so I don't end up needing to do that often in those games.

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
    Years
    I do release Pokemon. Admittedly, I do it a lot more often now than I used to. Back then I thought it was a big deal, lmao, but now I just do it all the time without batting an eye. I have limited PC box space, so releasing is what I have to do, considering the number of breeding projects I take on.

I mean, I do like keeping breedjects instead of keeping them (initially), but once they clutter up my PokeBank they're either going to someone else in a giveaway/Wonder Trade or getting released.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
    I only release first-route Pokemon I catch to trade a huge amount of Pokemon to another version (like my complete Kanto/Johto Pokedex from Firered to Emerald....)
    But I probably won't even release them. I never really have the need to. Especially not Pokemon I like either. I could have 10 Pachirisu in my box and not even care :P

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
    I don't release Pokemon except for unwanted babies. Even then, I get attached sometimes to said babies. I get attached to most of my Pokemon to the point of filling my boxes completely. It can be a problem!

Years
    I have never released a pokemon throughout my entire pokemon gaming. That is because I didn't do any post-game stuff, but now that I'm starting to breed pokemon maybe it's time to say goodbye to the runts of the litter..

Years
    I don't even remember my reason for releasing a pokemon last time I did so...it's actually bothering me slightly since I can't think of why I would release it in the first place. But I normally don't. Not even for multiples (unless it's a pokemon I really dislike, idk), since if I end up with those I tend to just stuff 'em in the box.

I always get the feeling of "but am I certain, what if I want to start using this??" whenever I try releasing a pokemon, so it can be a little tough for me to do so. Unless it's a pokemon I'm sure I'm not going to use at all, in which case yeah whatever goodbye.

Years
    I remember once releasing one when I was younger to see what would happen and then I felt really bad afterwards.

These days when I breed pokemon I just wondertrade all the unwanted but I like to think that someone out there will find some love for them!

Years
    Releasing Pokemon

Breeding Struggles man.

ElCabron

Su Cabronito!
    Years
    Releasing Pokemon

Breeding Struggles man.

Whenever I look at the breeding scene, I notice how the idea is... Sickening. So basically we're all releasing those little guys out there on the wild to basically die because they serve no purpose.
    Ewwww that's why I don't breed and never release pokémon. I get too attached to them.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    The only times I've released pokemon is when I have caught potential 3 pokemon that are not super/outstanding potential, junk on wonder trade, like Zigzagoon, Poochyena, Wurmple... (why do a lot of people trade the junk back out?!) as well as breeding rejects which also may fall into the junk pile.

Back