• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Religious beliefs?

Religious affiliations/beliefs?

• Total voters

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I don't believe in any religion and I don't even consider the existance of gods to be a possibility. For me it is just something that definitely isn't real.

Years
    i was muslim but im a backslider, i left my religion and havent looked back since. i also grew up with a catholic mother and went to catholic school so im very familiar with that religion also.

people are too gullible and believe whatever their parents teach them. if i keep teaching my neice the boogie man is real and scare her into believing it she wont grow out of it until i tell her its fake and show her its fake.

i saw the first post saying that islam hasnt been touched. i dunno about you but i wasn't around for hundreds of years. i dont know if it was touched or not and it probably was touched to be quite honest.

im not a follower i think for myself. that post i was talkin about its sad because so many people are just brainwashed so easily. like when people say they will die for their faith... what are they really dying for?

even christianity.. this is what really happened. a woman got pregnant cuz she was fooling around. and instead of being honest, she lied in fear of being stoned to death...

yo i'll finish this post later. but yea religion is for mindless drones that were brainwashed from childhood to brainwash their children.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Religion never really interested me, as long as nobody tries pushing their beliefs on me (or the laws of the state, or anything else for that matter) then I have no problem with anyone indulging themselves in religion.
    I don't feel the need to call myself an atheist, because I simply don't care for religion, it has no affect on my life and I shouldn't need to apply a label to myself just to show that I'm not religious.

Fujitsu

Now with leather seats!
    Years
    Most likely due to the fact that my parents are not particularly religious and never pushed any beliefs onto me, I've never been religious.

I do not really have any real problem with people living their lives believing in something that is unfounded as long as it does not affect me as an individual or society as a whole. It really is a slap in the face of science when an obvious scientific breakthrough is squashed by the religious purely because it does not agree with their beliefs.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2010
    I believe that there is power through belief. If enough people believe in something, somehow it exists. Millions of people being united by a fictional being sorta makes them real in a way, y'know?

That's my stance on religion. I'm not a member of any mainstream religion, and I think we're all gone after this world, but I feel that god is in all of us and that belief can make things happen.

Fujitsu

Now with leather seats!
    Years
    I believe that there is power through belief. If enough people believe in something, somehow it exists. Millions of people being united by a fictional being sorta makes them real in a way, y'know?

That's my stance on religion. I'm not a member of any mainstream religion, and I think we're all gone after this world, but I feel that god is in all of us and that belief can make things happen.

There are millions of children all around the world that believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. As mature human beings, we're well aware that they do not exist.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Apatheist
    Animist

I'm the sort of person who'd have iron handles on the doors of my house to keep the fairies out, but doesn't recognise the worldly applicability of any higher power; should deities exist, and I don't are if they do or not, they are not relevant to my existence. There isn't any logical basing for those beliefs I do hold — I believe what I do because I want to, because holding such eccentricities is what makes one cultured, or if you like, human. I don't follow a specific religion, largely just regional folklore. I am sympathetic to the practices of Shinto, but ultimately, a 'generic' pagan.

Last edited:

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    I was born and raised catholic but seeing as how I feel my church probably wouldn't be very happy with me they knew how different I was I simply call myself agnostic, and that is the end of that.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    Well I didn't quite like how you worded the poll because you put Agnosticism along with Atheism, and that furthers the stereotype that Agnosticism is Atheism. Although some people like to believe that Agnosticism is just a lazy man's Atheist, they really are 2 different things.

I do believe in a God. I don't think that some of the things in the universe could have happened by chance. In fact, the odds that evolution could take any creature to a vertebrae stage are the same as a tornado going into a junkyard and building a Boeing 747 Airplane. It's simply impossible. I think that somewhere, outside of the cosmos there is "Something" controlling all of this.

But I'm not a fan of conventional religions. Christianity has never appealed to me due to the factor that if I don't believe in their god, I get banished to eternal hellfire. Even if I am a good person, and live a good life, I still get banished to hell for all eternity. Also, the Christian God sound very immature to me. No offense to believers. The book of Job in particular really angers me. So God put that man's life through hell just to win some stupid bet with the devil? Really? How can a God who claims to love humanity that much use a person like that?

Buddhism sounds nice, but some of it's beliefs simply conflict with mine.

And Judaism and Islam are in my opinion, variations of Christianity.

I don't have a problem with Christians or Buddhists or the Jewish. In fact, I sort of envy them. It must be nice to go to church and be able to believe something like that so strongly, and feel sort of "One" with people of your religion.

I think that after we die, we enter a "Dream" state. Where we simply dream and dream for all eternity (one of the reasons I hope I die awake).

Good question!

With all regards,

-ChrisTom

Dawn

Years
    Well I didn't quite like how you worded the poll because you put Agnosticism along with Atheism, and that furthers the stereotype that Agnosticism is Atheism. Although some people like to believe that Agnosticism is just a lazy man's Atheist, they really are 2 different things.

On a side note, I agree. They're very different. They're not even compatible. I think it was in poor taste to group them. =<

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I agree with ChrisTom on the Agnosticism thing. I consider myself Agnostic and I define it as believing that there isn't substantial evidence for me personally to decide whether or not there is a God, or not feeling inclined to choose one belief system over another. I have a very neutral nature and I tend to be a step back from things like religion because I see them all in their own context, and all are equally fascinating but none scream out to me as the 'truth'. Personally I don't really even think I'm seeking a 'truth', or feel compelled to belong to an organized religion. I think I'm just partly like Lightning in that regardless of whether or not there is a 'higher power' or a God, it doesn't affect me or my life.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2013
    I guess I consider myself Agnostic, but my family is Jewish. I voted for the Agnostic choice anyway.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years

I do believe in a God. I don't think that some of the things in the universe could have happened by chance. In fact, the odds that evolution could take any creature to a vertebrae stage are the same as a tornado going into a junkyard and building a Boeing 747 Airplane. It's simply impossible. I think that somewhere, outside of the cosmos there is "Something" controlling all of this.

This is true. XD

I did vote Catholic on the poll because that's my background, but I'm more of a full-on deist nowadays, with some elements of Catholicism. Voting for the Agnostic/Atheist seemed to imply I lean more on the Atheist side of things than the spiritual side of things...which I definitely don't. >_>

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023

Just thought I'd say that there is Gnosticism and Agnosticism. Agnosticism is not being sure while Gnosticism is being sure. For example, there is Agnostic atheism, which is not being sure if a god exists or not, but not believing that a god exists. Agnostic theism is not being sure but believing a god exists.

Also, please don't talk about evolution as you're just opening another can of worms. Scientific theories shouldn't be mentioned when the main discussion is religion. Not to mention you don't know what you're talking about, but that is neither here nor there.

Dawn

Years
    Just thought I'd say that there is Gnosticism and Agnosticism. Agnosticism is not being sure while Gnosticism is being sure. For example, there is Agnostic atheism, which is not being sure if a god exists or not, but not believing that a god exists. Agnostic theism is not being sure but believing a god exists.

Atheism and Agnosticism are both not religions in the sense that they are words that describe a stance on religion. Being that they're different stances, this suggests if anything agnosticism should be bundled with religion due to being less aesthetically pleasing bundled with atheism.

That being said, it seems it's definitely promoting the stereotype that agnosticism at all leans towards atheism.

Point: It should've had it's own category.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    No belief in God or any higher power. No religion.

I agree however that there is a lot in Islam that is beneficial for bot believers and non-believers. I don't agree with all of it though. And, again, lack of belief in God.

I don't know how things will change in the future, but that's how it is just now.

Back