• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Remove a Sinnoh Pokemon from existence

Arjay

#GoStags
Years
  • Finneon and Lumineon without a doubt. They're probably the most forgettable mons ever made. Let's be honest here, who actually remembers or uses one of those generic fish mons?

But if we want to look at this in a different light and choose a mon that's actually relevant, I would have to say Probopass. I mean, it's kinda...I don't know how to describe it. It feels pretty forgettable, too. All it's pretty much good for is bulk, even with Sturdy's buff, but for the sake of argument, let's only look at this from a Gen 4 perspective, back when Sturdy was next to useless. Along with that, did Nosepass really need an evolution a generation after it's introduction? Sure, Tangela, Togetic, and Sneasel got them too, but they're all actually really good and improve those three mons (even though their weaknesses don't change until Togekiss in Gen 6).

Now, enough bashing Probopass. As other people above have mentioned, Phione and Male Combee shouldn't exist either. Combee is probably the best example. Let me go over a backstory of back in the day of Diamond and Pearl. I caught a Combee and raised it up to use it in Battle Revolution because I thought it would eventually evolve into Vespiquen. Trust me, you don't want to know how salty I was when I realized that male Combees don't evolve at all.

Me. Like, all the time. They're my favourite fish Pokémon and my second favourite Water line after Poliwag.

As for which one I'd get rid of, it's tough because gen 4 is by far my favourite. T'would have to be Carnivine, Phione or Lucario for me.

Last edited:

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
  • I'd probably say Male Combee, unless you mean by removing a Sinnoh Pokémon from existence you mean the entire Pokémon no matter the sex, then.. I'd probably have to get rid of Lopunny.
    Buneary was super cute, but Lopunny never appealed to me.. dunno why because Lopunny's somewhat cute too. Just something about it doesn't feel right. The eyebrow-like things on Lopunny's head (what are those though? p_p) always kinda confused me, and Lopunny's pose doesn't really seem that of a fighter. Don't like much about Lopunny besides the fluff, aha. ;v;"

pkmin3033

Yes, let's get rid of Lucario. It has one of the most disgustingly hideous designs in Pokemon history - I'm really not keen on these anthropomorphic foxes - and the worst thing is that it's one of the most ridiculously unbalanced Pokemon ever. It's good at freakin' everything offensively speaking, AND it has a Mega Evolution which propers right into the upper tiers.

The anime would be so, SO much better off without Lucario off, too. Think of the pain we would have been saved! No awful eighth movie...or, better yet, an eighth movie without it, because the Regis are cool. No annoying Lucario-centered episodes in the TV series, meaning we would have skipped that painful Mega Lucario mini-arc XY put us through. Ash might not have lost to Cameron in the Unova League - Cameron, who had FIVE Pokemon - and might even have won the whole thing.

So yes, let's get rid of Lucario. That whole Aura thing was ridiculous as well; it's just an excuse to justify how painfully broken literally every Lucario in the anime seems to be.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • Finneon and Lumineon without a doubt. They're probably the most forgettable mons ever made. Let's be honest here, who actually remembers or uses one of those generic fish mons?

I really like those two Pokémon design-wise. I think they are extremely gorgeous (especially Lumineon), and I don't know .... It's my love for water-types. But I can agree with you when you say they are one of the most forgettable Pokémon out there. Most of the time I forget that they even exist! I would love Lumineon to have a Mega or something that would make it be more used.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Purugly, I mean Glameow had a cool design and some potential but it evolves into a fat cat with not so great stats and a limited movepool. I mean i wouldnt wanna evolve if i were Glameow :3

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    If Arceus and Shaymin have that problem in common, how about Darkrai?

Same for that one. I did really love using the codes to get into those places because it made the journey for them sweeter than just getting them at an event. It made it worth it, though I used Masterballs for them, lol.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Regigigas! I adore the legendary golems and they're probably the coolest legendary trio to date but this 'boss' is just a disgrace - such an ugly and stupid design for a Pokemon and an absolute let down in terms of being one of the only Pokemon not even worth using on an in-game team. Such a waste of an amazing concept.

wundrweapon

Memelord
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2016
    Carnivine
    Oh good heck, what has GF done here? Where am I supposed to begin?! Let's start with that design - these guys were crazy enough to take an arbitrary vine and a Venus flytrap then throw them in a blender. What does that create? Nightmare fuel, and atop that, an ugly beast that takes up far too many bytes of data than what it's worth. The color scheme is even worse that its shape - its green. Just... green. Yeah there's red but you probably wouldn't notice a different if I made that green, too, would you? Let's move on to cry. This thing was so ugly the aforementioned blender couldn't stand being the creator of this abomination, so it broke down and made that obnoxious sound. Then what? The beast recreates it every time you let it out of its deserved Poke Ball prison. The learnset by leveling is dismal at best, and to top it off, the name. Oh my, that name. I get that Pokemon names are typically puns, and that they're usually kinda dumb (lookin' at you, Kling, Klang, and Klingklang), but Carnivine is its own level of stupid. It manages to make the word pair "carnivorous vine" look infinitely less worth existing than it is by default. Speaking of which, "carnivorous?" Not with that move pool, and don't even try to tell me those base stats can save it! Even in the anime this thing is a piece of trash, and to compare, Garbodor and Trubbish are ACTUAL TRASH! Yet this pile of code manages to outdo those in the war to be the worst Pokemon in history

I rest my case

Years
  • I agree with everyone about Carnivine, it was creepy and not very well designed. I don't think I ever caught or used one.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    Kircketune. It's ugly, practically useless, and generally annoying all around.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    Mime Jr. I would pay good money to commit a Mime Jr genocide.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    The Finneon line is really terrible and arguably the most forgettable. I'd have to say, I was always under the impression that Finneon and Lumineon were 5th gen Pokémon.

I have no idea why Kricketune is a thing, and it has a horribly cry to boot. @__@; Didn't like this thing from the moment it was introduced.

Heh. Fascinating that this is the only Pokemon that I'd really remove from the Sinnoh dex. I would've said Bidoof also many years ago, but I've grown to tolerate it more and I actually think it's kinda cute, now.

I actually love Kricketune's cry!

Back