• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RIP Robin Williams

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    The comedian and actor Robin Williams has died at 63, according to police in Marin County, Calif.

A statement from the assistant chief deputy coroner of Marin County announced on Monday that the Coroner Divisions of the Sheriff's Office "suspects the death to be a suicide due to asphyxia, but a comprehensive investigation must be completed before a final determination is made."

His publicist confirmed the news.

"Robin Williams passed away this morning. He has been battling severe depression of late," read an official statement. "This is a tragic and sudden loss. The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time."

His wife, Susan Schneider, released a statement saying she was "utterly heartbroken."

"This morning I lost my husband and my best friend, while the world lost one of its most beloved artists and beautiful human beings," she said in the statement. "On behalf of Robin's family, we are asking for privacy during our time of profound grief. As he is remembered, it is our hope that the focus will not be on Robin's death, but on the countless moments of joy and laughter he gave to millions."

Source

He was not only one of my favorite actors, starring in Good Will Hunting, Jumanji and Mrs. Doubtfire, but also seemed like a great man in general. It's really sad to hear this, rest in peace.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    **** everything.

RIP Robin Williams, you funnyman. My heart goes to Zelda Williams and the rest of the family.

RIP Robin Williams

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
    Years
  • If you want to honor his memory and have Netflix, there are quite a few of his movies available for streaming, including two of my favorites: Jumanji and Hook.

Rest in Peace you funny guy...

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Whenever a celebrity dies, I always end up thinking "I'm really going to dread the moment someone like Robin Williams or Tom Hanks dies," cause they seem so immortal? Like, for as long as I've been alive, he's been a fixture in the entertainment industry.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • He was a comedy legend; it's even worse that he'll never have the chance to play Hyrule Warriors since he and his family are such huge Zelda fans. He's part of my childhood; I'm really going to miss him so much.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • I first knew about it when I went on Facebook and I saw one of my friend sharing a post about Robin Williams passing away. I couldn't believe it, I thought it was a hoax or just a bad news report trying to gain attention, then I event saw that his death was trending on Facebook and I knew that it wasn't fake. Robin Williams was such a great actor, him and his movies made me laugh so much. I'm really going to miss him.

No doubt, he'll be remembered as a Hollywood legend.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2014
    I was shocked and sad when I heard the news. He has always been my favorite actor since I was a kid. I am going to have a marathon of my favorite RW movies in memory of his amazing life/career.

Shiny Bunnelby

Tolerated, but never celebrated.
    Years
  • I am pretty saddened by this news and feel horrible for his friends and family. We lost an icon today. A wonderful actor who gave so many people hours upon hours of joy.

I never wanted to have to say or write this, but R.I.P. Robin Williams. Out of all the celebrities, I have dreaded the departure of this one the most. :c

Years
  • Robin was a great comedian and actor. I remember first seeing him in Flubber back when I was younger. It saddens me more that suicide was the likely verdict in his death, too. May he rest in peace, though.

Years
  • This was nothing short of tragic, the man had so many great films that he was in and did well, the genie from Aladdin being one of them. How an actor dies from suicidal depression is just rare, it's not something that we witness often which I feel makes it worse.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Devastated.

I normally don't react too much to celebrity death, but I think Robin Williams has a special place in all of our hearts growing up. Learning about his depression and suspected suicide is just so shocking to me.

Years
  • Very much like Nick about this - in most of his movies, his presence is bright and cheerful and he seems like he is such a sweet and loving guy, hard to hear that he was going through such difficult issues like being an alcoholic and depression. I'm extremely saddened by his death, as are I'm sure millions of others in the world that have been touched by his amazing work. Rest in peace.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    RIP Robin Williams, you funnyman. My heart goes to Zelda Williams and the rest of the family.

If you want to honor his memory and have Netflix, there are quite a few of his movies available for streaming, including two of my favorites: Jumanji and Hook.
    I honoured his memory with his episode of Whose Line is it Anyway, from Season 3 on ABC, episode #313 in the library.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • He was a great person and one of my greatest inspirations. :( I loved him the most as Genie in Aladdin. He was my most favorite character as a child, and that's probably how I will remember him most.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'm just hoping that people will finally start taking mental health deceases as seriously as physical health deceases, because they're just as dangerous and effective on a person. Someone with depression isn't just sad. Someone with depression can't "get over it."

Not too many people are looking at his death as a selfish act compared to others who have died in the past due to suicide. But there are still those people out there that are, and their ignorance is showing through loud and clear, and that's a shame. Hopefully his impact on our culture and the enormous amount of people whose lives he enriched take the time to educate themselves if they're ignorant about these issues.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I'm just hoping that people will finally start taking mental health deceases as seriously as physical health deceases, because they're just as dangerous and effective on a person. Someone with depression isn't just sad. Someone with depression can't "get over it."

Not too many people are looking at his death as a selfish act compared to others who have died in the past due to suicide. But there are still those people out there that are, and their ignorance is showing through loud and clear, and that's a shame. Hopefully his impact on our culture and the enormous amount of people whose lives he enriched take the time to educate themselves if they're ignorant about these issues.
    Unfortunately, some people never will understand.

Sir Codin

He was great in Dead Poet's Society and I loved his stand-up comedies. This guy just went out too soon, it's a tragedy.

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016
    Absolutely magnificent in Dead Poets and Good Will Hunting and was a big reason why my childhood was so awesome with Hook, Jumanji, Flubber, Aladdin to name a few.

Insamountable loss to the world...RIP

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2014
    Robin Williams was always one of my very favorite actors, as far back as I can remember. I loved him as an actor and him as a person. It just makes me so upset to think that he was in a place mentally where suicide was his only option. He was an amazing man, and he is already missed by so many. I've been thinking recently about where I'm going in life, and what my goals are, and seeing the overwhelming reaction to his death, I'll know I've lived a successful life if I'm ever one tenth as loved as he is. Praying especially for his wife and children, but also for his friends and his fans.

RIP

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I honoured his memory with his episode of Whose Line is it Anyway, from Season 3 on ABC, episode #313 in the library.
    I did this too

Absolutely magnificent in Dead Poets and Good Will Hunting and was a big reason why my childhood was so awesome with Hook, Jumanji, Flubber, Aladdin to name a few.
    I forgot about Hook! I watched that so much as a kid. Popeye too, which... really wasn't that good, but still

We were talking about Aladdin and Flubber at work just the other day, it is sad

Back