• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RIP Robin Williams

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Big loss imo. A heck of an entertainer, not just in movies but also as a heck of a great stand-up comedian (he just seemed to spew out jokes). Certainly one of the memorable actors and voices from my childhood.

RIP, Robin.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
    Robin Williams :/ You will be missed. Rest in Peace, and may your family find peace as well in your passing. My condolences to all of them. Suicide is devastating in the immediate family, I pray they can come to terms and that their lives will go on to be lived in full still.

I'll probably watch a movie of his in the next day or two... Jumanji I think.

If only it were that he wasn't gone, just waiting in the jungle for someone to roll a 5 or 8. :( Farewell, rest in peace.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    We lost one of the good ones today. Robin Williams was a comedic genius, both in his acting work and stand-up work. Like Nick, Robin will always hold a special place in my heart, as he's had one of the biggest impacts on my childhood, whether it was Aladdin, Hook, or Mrs. Doubtfire.

I'm just stunned.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
    Defiantly wasn't expecting this. This week has been crazy sad, Tony Stewart killing another driver, a riot happening about 40 minutes away from where I live (I can't even remember the last time Missouri had a riot), and now this.

It's hard to see a great actor go like this (Great on and off the movie sets). At least Robin left us with a last hoorah. He completed acting for 4 upcoming movies, including Night at the Museum 3 and a sequel to Mrs. Doubtfire. They are supposed to be released within the year.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2015
    It's so hard to believe that this iconic comedy figure is dead. He had always managed to make me laugh and rouse me from my sadness. I wish that there was something I could've done to help him laugh.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    I always tell myself that death is an inevitable course of action in natures grand scheme of things, and that I would never be as saddened by a celebrity death as much as a family member because all I know of em is their work, but god damn it does this hurt. Robin Williams was like the 3rd celebrity death that would hit me hard, and it finally happened. Basically grew up with his works.

Years
    Ah God damn it, I liked this guy a lot. Watched lots of movies with him. My most favorite movie with him was "Awakenings", one of the greatest performances he did there, I say. Fighting depression was really hard for him, alcoholism was the major issue too.

Euphoric

Indefatigable
    Years
    It's always sad when someone (unexpectedly) suicides, and that's definitely the case here. RIP :(

Now to watch Flubber again.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    I can't believe someone like him was depressed... it certainly didn't seem that way.

*sighs*

Makes you want to take that extra time to make sure the people around you are okay. Seriously. Do that.

I loved him in the Night at the Museum series, his WLIIA episode, his L&O: SVU episode, and just everything else.

Everything he made was comedy gold pretty much.

R.I.P.

;-;

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    This was the first celebrity death to really effect me... He was such a big part of my childhood and some of my favorite movies. :(

My favorite movies from him are probably Jumanji, Mrs. Doubtfire, and Hook. Aladdin wasn't my favorite animated Disney movie but his performance as Genie stole the show.

He had a legendary comedic talent, and it will be missed.

Years
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! WHY! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! Going to watch Night at the Museum and the sequel twice over on Netflix

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    update on cause of death

reading this makes my heart wrench.

WARNING SENSITIVE

Robin Williams committed suicide by hanging himself inside his home ... sources familiar with the situation tell TMZ.

Sources say the family has heard nothing about a suicide note and it appears the comedian did not leave one.

We're told Robin hung himself inside the main house ... not the garage.

Law enforcement will hold a news conference today at 11 AM PT to discuss details of the suicide and TMZ will livestream it.

As we previously reported ... Robin had been struggling with a deep depression and went to rehab last month. People familiar with his condition say he seemed almost too far gone back then.

---

9:00 AM PDT: We've learned Robin was discovered by his personal assistant. Robin's wife Susan left their house Monday morning to run errands. While she was gone, Robin's assistant came over, knocked at the door but no one answered. She became concerned because Robin was supposed to be there. She then knocked on the window and when no one answered she went inside and found the body.

Robin Williams tried to slit his wrist with a pocket knife but when that suicide attempt failed he hung himself with a belt.

The Marin County Deputy Coroner says Williams was at home alone Monday when he tried slashing his left wrist, but it only left "acute superficial cuts."

The Coroner says Williams then took a belt, tied it around his neck and secured it between the closet door and door frame. Williams was in a seated position, slightly suspended with his right shoulder against the door.

The Coroner also confirmed TMZ's story ... Robin's personal assistant discovered his body.

The official says the actor had been receiving treatment for depression. As we reported ... Robin had been severely depressed and went to a Minnesota rehab facility last month.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    Aladdin, Hook, Jumanji, Flubber, this guy pretty much was my childhood.

Really, really saddened by this. RIP.

Years
    This really sucks. I, like so many other people, basically grew up with this man and the movies he made. The good ones always seem go too soon - it would have been really cool to see how he'd be in old age. I'm going to go put on Dead Poets Society and try not to cry.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I was lying next to my boyfriend last night trying to sleep. I started to think about Robin and how his family must be feeling. I realized that his wife lost her best friend yesterday. I turned to my boyfriend and said I felt terrible because she was going to sleep tonight without her husband, lost to that horrid disease. I don't know how long I cried into his chest.

As terrible as this is, I hope that people can realize depression is real. It's not "being sad." It doesn't just come and go. It lives in you. It takes over. Consumes you. I hope that in light of this tragedy, people can see that this is a problem and that help for this disease can be amplified. I'd like to think he would want that, too.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    very sad indeed. He is a legend. RIP Robin Williams. Grew up watching him in movies like the rest of u guys and even saw His recent show the crazy ones when it was on TV.
    He will be missed and not forgotten.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This saddens me. He was such an outstanding comedic figure. R.I.P
    Now I must go in a corner and cry :(

Years
    I was in hospital at the time he passed away but I can tell ya he's been in so many great movies such as Aladdin (who doesn't love that genie?), Flubber, Jumanji, Good Will Hunting, Mrs. Doubtfire, The Birdcage and Happy Feet (and its much worser sequel), where he did two characters in that film (Ramon and Lovelace) nonetheless.

Oh, and there's Robots too. I always loved his performance in that film as the voice of Fender. But yeah no wonder why his death hit many hard, it was mainly due to his personality and of course all the amazing films he's been in.

Apparently he was suffering from Parkinson's at the time he killed himself, that's really interesting. I wonder if he had something against the condition that made him not want to live with it or something.

Still, RIP to a great comedic acting legend.

Back