• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Completed Event Running out of time - GT 2023 Pokémon Challenge

Years
  • Map is updated once again.

As 5qwerty messes up with the mysterious machine, you all feel like the time around you is warping. NEW GLOBAL RULES IS ADDED. You have to play with this rule during your next segment.

Otherwise, you still can interact with new stuff:
    Future 1: There is another mysterious machine here.
    Future 2: There isn't much, but maybe you can find a good book to kill some time?
    Future 3: The mysterious machine is running now, but maybe you could turn it off? Or you can also check books in this room.
    Future 5: You see a weird marking on the floor. You can remember them from the time you raided Team Rocket HQ.
    Future 6: There is a computer. Just plain old computer. Oh and someone forgot their Poké Dex here.
    Past 1: You can see some pressure plate on the floor. Also, is that a blue computer in the corner?
    Past 2: Not much to do, right? Maybe that yellow computer might have some information on what to do next?
    Past 5: You can see bunch of statues with no deep meaning here. Also, you barely notice that reality is warping in the corner.

Also, can anyone actually see their avatar on the map? It looks like Bulbapedia is acting up and avatars are not showing up sometime.

Years
  • I can see mine on the map

Also, here's my update!

Starting with Chikorita is a difficult one given the first gym leader is a flying type. However, our hero APRICRN came through in the end thanks to picking up a Pidgey! She also picked up a Geodude because she was mistaken and thought it was Rock/Normal, so he's just chilling with APRICRN and her party for the time being.

Running out of time - GT 2023 Pokémon Challenge

I will investigate the pressure plate and then move to Past 4

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Session 2
    I beat Misty, using my newly evolved Ivysaur and Pidgeotto. I also discarded half my healing items since I didn't use any in the previous segment.

Team:
    Ivysaur Lv25
    Pidgeotto Lv23
    Rattata Lv3
    Paras Lv10

Actions:
    Check the PokéDex thing and then move into Future 7.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • Segment 2 completed, defeated Brawly with Lombre.
    Actions: Check warping reality in the corner and then move into Past 6.

Years
  • Name: Celèste
    Trainer Class: May (Emerald)
    Your favourite time traveller: Grand Oak?
    Game of choice: Gold
    Where you want to start on the map: Past 2

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
    Years
  • Name: Explorer of Time
    Trainer Class: Ruin Maniac
    Your favourite time traveller: Lucca
    Game of choice: Event runner's choice of any game, including fangames! (Excluding non-SwSh Switch games because I don't own them yet, and I want to use a QOL romhack of my choice if I play an official Gen 1-4 game.) EDIT: I can play Blaze Black 2.
    Where you want to start on the map (you can only choose areas that are already lit up): Future 5

Last edited:

LeGoldenWolf

LeGoldenWolf - The Goldenest Boi
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I beat roxanne in 4 turns with grovyle
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Move: Future 6

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Name: TwilightBlade
    Trainer Class: Female Office Clerk from generation 5
    Your favourite time traveller: Laventon
    Game of choice: Heart Gold
    Where you want to start on the map (you can only choose areas that are already lit up): Past 2

Years
  • Okay, there is a lot to unravel this time.
    Jbsundown: The moment you step on the pressure plate, you can feel the cave around you slowly shifting. You ended up in Past 10.
    5qwerty: The display that would show you a Pokémon is broken, but you can still read the desription: This Pokémon wanders across time. Grass and trees flourish in the forests in which it has appeared.
    MewTwoLover: Suddenly, you find yourself in brand new enviroment - Future 11.

Future 1: There is another mysterious machine here.
    Future 2: There isn't much, but maybe you can find a good book to kill some time?
    Future 3: The mysterious machine is running now, but maybe you could turn it off? Or you can also check books in this room.
    Future 5: You see a weird marking on the floor. You can remember them from the time you raided Team Rocket HQ.
    Future 6: There is a computer. Just plain old computer. Oh and someone forgot their Poké Dex here.
    Future 7: You can see a weird machine on both ends of the room. You have no idea what it does.
    Future 11: There is another mysterious machine here.
    Past 1: You can see some pressure plate on the floor. Also, is that a blue computer in the corner?
    Past 2: Not much to do, right? Maybe that yellow computer might have some information on what to do next?
    Past 5: You can see bunch of statues with no deep meaning here. Also, you barely notice that reality is warping in the corner.
    Past 10: This huge room has a bunch of boxes just lying around. There are also good old wooden and otherworldly looking signs

Also the avatars on the map are mostly broken. It's hard to move them, when I can't see them half of the time. I'll have to think about some kind of fix. Also, for the simplicity, starting with the next update, I'll edit the stuff you can do in already discovered rooms in the main post and will only list new things in these updates.

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
    Years
  • Alright, time to start. I'll post my Update 1 rules here, for reference.

Pokémon Blaze Black 2 Redux v1.4.1
    Badges: 0/8
    Rules:

The Prehistoric Age - You can only use Grass and Normal-types for the next segment.
    Slower than usual - Your Pokémon cannot evolve by any other method other than level up. If they can evolve by level up, they can only evolve once their level is equal to their normal evolution level + 5.

Last edited:

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 18, 2024
    Alright, segment 1 Completed!

Current rules:
    - Your Pokémon cannot evolve during this segment.
    - You can only use Grass and Normal-types for the next segment.

This segment was very fast, being the first one in the game. I picked up Tepig as my starter, since I never really used him, as well as a Pidove and Lillipup that I never really used and only trained for some levels. My best catch by far, however, was Sewaddle, who single-handedly swept Cheren with no problems by just spamming Bug Bite. I love that Pokémon 😇

I learned about the global rule as I was playing, so I will only use Grass and Normal-types in my next segment. Which is Roxie. This will be fun.

Current team:
    - Tepig, lv. 9
    - Sewaddle, lv. 14
    - Pidove, lv. 9
    - Lillipup, lv. 4

I'll check the blue computer and go to Past 4!

Last edited:
    Days
    • He / They
    • Seen Sep 9, 2023
    Name: GlitchedViolet
    Trainer Class: Super Nerd
    Your favourite time traveller: Laventon
    Game of choice: Sapphire
    Where you want to start on the map (you can only choose areas that are already lit up): Past 4

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    Name: Chr. draco
    Trainer Class: Dragon Tamer
    Your favourite time traveller: Grand Oak
    Game of choice: Pokemon Ruby
    Where you want to start on the map (you can only choose areas that are already lit up): 4 The Past

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years

• Trainer: TwilightBlade
    Game: Pokemon Heart Gold
    Badges: 1
    --- Segment 1 Update ---

Global Rule: Prehistoric age - You can only use Grass and Normal-types for the next segment.
    Trainer Rule: In the name of progress - You can only use the best version of each available item.

I obtained my starter, Chikorita, nicknamed Silphium, which is one of many extinct plants. I obtained the Mystery Egg from Mr. Pokemon and defeated my rival. I purchased 10 Poke Balls to obtain 1 Premier Ball, but I realized I cannot catch much as I am currently limited to using Grass/Normal moves. I decide to grind up Chikorita in Dark Cave. Chikorita was around level 14-15 after Sprout Tower, but it wasn't enough to take down Falkner. I ended up grinding until I had a level 18 Bayleef. Falkner's Pidgeotto had Roost, which made this fight drag on more than necessary. Bayleef had 14/35 Tackle, 15/25 Razor Leaf, and 0/5 Synthesis left.

Past 2 Action : I approach the yellow computer to see if I can access its information.

Years
    • she/her or xer/xerse
    • Seen Mar 2, 2024
    Name: kaizodakitten
    Trainer Class: Lillie or Will
    Your favourite time traveller: Celebi
    Game of choice: Black 2
    Where you want to start on the map (you can only choose areas that are already lit up): Future 1

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    User Cubeth's Time Traveling Adventures

Game: Pocket Monster Fire Red Version (2004) for the Gameboy Advance

Rules:
    Spoiler:

Global Rules:
    Spoiler:

Part 2:

After beating Gym Leader Brock the Rock Type Gym Leader and after Dinosaur and Miranda became a liability to me because of user 5qwerty messing with time and space, I went back to the route after Viridian Forest (idr the number and I don't want to check), where I caught Bird the bird, having only Bigassnose in the team bc I needed a bug.

Since I had the misfortune of having to use grass types in a remake of a gen 1 game and choosing the fire starter, the only thing I could get was Cranberry the Paras and he got one-shot on his first battle. He still did pretty poggers fwiw the moment he learned Poison Powder though. Since Paras is also a bug, Bigassnose went to the shadow realm too, so I was back at two pokémon with the team being Cranberry and Bird. I also got the Helix Fossil, in case that matters.

Beating Poop for the third time was surprisingly easy, as I sorta just had to evolve Bird the bird. I beat Nugget Bridge and the first trainer before Bill's house until I got bored and figured I should beat Misty already so I can hopefully stop having Paras in my team.

Misty wasn't hard to beat. Staryu went down from Cranberry's poison and scratching, but he was a bit useless against Starmie; he didn't go down without poisoning it first though. That said, Leech Life (you know, the one super effective move I had) was completely useless because this game was made before Gamefreak remembered to program it to do damage. Bird did the rest of the thing, thankfully, being able to take down Starmie in the second try.

For some reason my character is in the wall, but I'd like to interact with the funny arrow thing, and assuming I don't end up in an endless spinning cycle, then move to Future 8.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Part 2 Complete!

APRICRN traded a Bellsprout for the Onix in Violet City before remembering you need to trade to get a Steelix, making use of her Steel-type rule will be a bit more difficult. Not like the Fairy rule! Perfectly timed, she got an egg containing a Togepi after defeating the violet city gym so she wandered around waiting for that to hatch and then made her way over to Azalea Town, freed some Slowpoke and defeated Bugsy.

I'd like to check the signs in Past 10 please!

Years
  • Global Rules: you can only use Normal and Grass Pokémon this segment
    Personal Rule 1: You can only use Pokémon that were not introduced in the Generation of your game (Gen 2).
    Other challenges: Using a randomiser, randomising Pokémon types, move types, movesets, enemy and wild encounters.

Well I knew that using a Randomiser would such, but commit to it I will!

After a fantastic start of... having to use a Johto Pokémon as a starter (as it was the only one that fit the criteria for my global rule), being a Bayleef. Lmao. Luckily I swapped that out for a Vibrava the second I could, as that fit both criteria for my rules (as it's randomised, it is type Ice/Grass and a Gen 3 Pokémon).

Have defeated Falkner now, so Segment 1 is over!

I would like to investigate the middle glowing statue in Room 5 please.

Back