• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RWBY: The Timeline of Shadows

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years
    I'm fairly certain that at the beginning of the game Cinder just knows her identity, she doesn't have her aura. N0 post says it clearly

N0 Phase Post said:
    Through the eyes of Salem's raven, I saw Cinder get up from the ruins of her warehouse hideaway. Her colleagues stumbled away, confused and disoriented by their loss of Aura. Cinder found herself stripped of her stolen Aura, but with her memories and hatred of humanity intact.

There's also the changes Bard made to balance the lower-than-expected number of players :

New sign ups will be permitted during the first five days of the game. PM me to get in once D1 starts.
    mafia other than Cinder no longer starts out knowing their identity. Once they regain their Aura, they'll be added to their Chat. Cinder knows the identity of all mafia from the start.
    no mafia can kill until their Aura is restored
    no more Adam Taurus
    Only Winter will be able to start a chat with General Ironwood.
    Abstaining from a lynch is permitted.

So, mafia cannot kill before regaining their aura, Cinder included. She might know the identities of her teammates but she cannot kill before regaining her aura. Not having any nightkills the first two nights confirms that as well.
    A nightkill occuring on the third night is what shows us that Ironwood restored a mafia's aura on N2. Only Ironwood has a hint as to who that might be.

@Earth Traveler. You seem rather certain that it was Cinder who healed the 3hp Grimm. What gives?
    Also, though that's kinda farfetched (but that's what I do honestly), I can't see any other person besides you nightkilling Drew. We have a fair share of power players playing this game and Drew isn't among them as he is kinda new to mafia. Only someone who doesn't know who these players are would target Drew last night. Again, kinda farfetched, no strong suspicion here.
    But I do have a slight scum lean on you at the moment.

Years
    Okay, I'll play this game.

If I were Cinder, I would've targeted Solvigant/Killua for the night kills. Why? Because one of them has to be an aura-restored role, since they dealt 4 damage in 2 hits.

But that's kinda tenuous evidence, so if that's what you think, go ahead and vote to lynch me. If it was me, everyone else who targeted Death Stalker is an aura-restored town role, so that'd be a solid reason you should kill me before I can do more damage. But then, if that was the case, why wouldn't I have targeted those people to begin with, and shouldn't I have figured out all that information before?

The reason I was certain it was Cinder who visited Boarbatusk is that I don't see how, in such a short time and with so many aura-restored towns floating around, it could be any other scum. Not to mention I thought Cinder began as scum, with all the abilities therein.

I've actually been wondering about drewbie and Ewery's deaths, for the same reasons as you: why did Cinder think they had to die, when the only thing those deaths did was eliminate your theory that one of them might be scum? Unless this was all a ploy to get people to suspect the new guy (read: me), in which case Cinder is probably too brilliant for us to overcome.

I might post more later. Heck, I might vote to lynch myself if enough other people do.

Also, we might need Bard to sort out if Cinder could kill right off the bat. If not, I'm screwed.

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years
    Relax lol. I like your post. A lot.
    Your reasoning is solid and you handled my aggression pretty good. No overly defensive stuff, but an honest answer.

FYI, I like to poke people a bit and see how they react. Mostly for future reference, but it also might give away some stuff.

Eh, we gotta lynch today and everyone is missing. Man up peeps, the hell is wrong with ya.

Years
    Well, that's fantastic.

Now, to try to narrow the suspect pool further:

Among Dragon attackers and those who failed to attack, I still consider everyone suspect, although if Lycanthropy is telling the truth, then he'd have to be town-aligned.

Yeah. Nice 1 in 7 shot of hitting Cinder. There's still a better chance of killing a town role than scum.

We just don't have the info. Although if Alex is correct, it's *possible* Ironwood restored Cinder's aura. However, I doubt this for this reason: in Bard's N1 post, there appear to be 5 town roles. After only two nights, Ironwood could've only restored four players in all, and since there was a sixth scum visiting Boarbatusk, I'm running with theory that must be Cinder, who knows who they are (in my opinion). If this is accurate, Ironwood is as much in the dark as every other townie.

We only have one other recourse to try to nail Cinder: Ruby Rose, Qrow Branwen, if you're out there, try to start visiting suspects, and if you find Cinder, claim and tell so we can lynch them, please. And conveniently, if Cinder is still the only scum, she's vulnerable to getting caught if she comes out to attack, but she appears innocent if she stays home.

That's the only route I can come up with. Other suggestions/counterarguments are welcome.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    We just don't have the info. Although if Alex is correct, it's *possible* Ironwood restored Cinder's aura. However, I doubt this for this reason: in Bard's N1 post, there appear to be 5 town roles. After only two nights, Ironwood could've only restored four players in all, and since there was a sixth scum visiting Boarbatusk, I'm running with theory that must be Cinder, who knows who they are (in my opinion). If this is accurate, Ironwood is as much in the dark as every other townie.

Well, we shouldn't forget the events themselves. According to the phase post Bac found a something in the food fight, which could have been an item that restores an Aura. Other than that, I expect some of the other food throwing had an effect of some kind as well. I know for sure Bard wouldn't do a food fight just to write a phase post about it.

It's also worth noting several people obtained "something shiny" for killing Grimm, whatever that may be. (Anybody with RWBY knowledge in here?)

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Sorry if I haven't been on recently, life is pretty hectic, but I have some info.

Remember that shiny thing I got from killing the Boarbatusk? It was a shiny bell, and it allowed me to "wake up" for a night and get some info on that night. I used it last night, and this is what I got:

"You overhear a conversation while snooping around in the hallway. You can't quite tell who it is, but you deduce that an elder sister is telling the younger not to be so careless in giving gifts."

The only people that fit this description would be the Schnee sisters. Considering Weiss can give dust weapons, Weiss is infact regained her aura back, and whats more concerning is that Winter told Weiss not to be careless. Not sure what this means, but what I think is that Weiss gave a weapon to someone she shouldn't have, maybe Cinder or a mafia?

What do you guys think?

Years
    I have no idea what the shiny stuff could be. I thought maybe Dust but that's not shiny.

Edit: That would make sense Gunner.

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years
    Well, we shouldn't forget the events themselves. According to the phase post Bac found a something in the food fight, which could have been an item that restores an Aura. Other than that, I expect some of the other food throwing had an effect of some kind as well. I know for sure Bard wouldn't do a food fight just to write a phase post about it.

It's also worth noting several people obtained "something shiny" for killing Grimm, whatever that may be. (Anybody with RWBY knowledge in here?)

Hmm, that shinies thing is a good idea. Though there are essentially infinite interpretations as to what they do.

As for the food fight, that stick (I think) that jd threw to me didn't do anything, or at least I wasn't told anything. What makes you think they had an effect? Did the watermelon you ate reward you somehow?

Sorry if I haven't been on recently, life is pretty hectic, but I have some info.

Remember that shiny thing I got from killing the Boarbatusk? It was a shiny bell, and it allowed me to "wake up" for a night and get some info on that night. I used it last night, and this is what I got:

"You overhear a conversation while snooping around in the hallway. You can't quite tell who it is, but you deduce that an elder sister is telling the younger not to be so careless in giving gifts."

The only people that fit this description would be the Schnee sisters. Considering Weiss can give dust weapons, Weiss is infact regained her aura back, and whats more concerning is that Winter told Weiss not to be careless. Not sure what this means, but what I think is that Weiss gave a weapon to someone she shouldn't have, maybe Cinder or a mafia?

What do you guys think?

Oh, here comes Gunner saying her shiny did something nice. I suppose that hints to the Schnee sisters indeed.
    There are two scenarios for what you've heard, the way I see it.
    1. The elder sister (can't recall the name, too lazy to go back) told Weiss she shouldn't give items in their private chat.
    2. There wasn't such a thing in their chat but instead it's Bard telling you that Weiss gave away an item to scum.

2 seems less likely because it just gives away a mafia member, but then again, noone claimed having an item yet, which is suspicious.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    It's very weird when people keep mentioning your past name... lol

I guess we'll have to wait for Weiss to come out. But we also have to wait for Pyrrha (or at least some other useful role that investigates) to be restored and protect her...

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
    hmm this new info is interesting, but it doesn't help us decide on a lynch for today. Time for a semi-random vote here.

[LYNCH] Johnny

I don't like that's he's been silent, it's not like him as town.

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years
    hmm this new info is interesting, but it doesn't help us decide on a lynch for today. Time for a semi-random vote here.

[LYNCH] Johnny

I don't like that's he's been silent, it's not like him as town.

You know, I was thinking the exact same thing. But the thing is he is like that in tDD2 as well. inb4 he is scum on both. He also hasn't been very active in the discord chat either, so I'm guessing he has other stuff to do atm.

Well, I don't wanna put a second vote on someone so early, so
    [Lynch] G-Cis Harmonia Gropius cuz I don't like pacifists

Years
    I went ahead and looked at Drewbie and Ewery's posts from D2 to see if there was anything indicating who might've had reason to kill them. Ewery might've had to go because he seemed dangerously smart to Cinder, but the only "direct" evidence I could find was that Ewery was suspicious of aeternum. That isn't any real evidence to go on, as it easily be a bad coincidence or an elaborate framing attempt. But I'm starting to think whoever Cinder is really isn't that good at mafia. So I'll vote for the guy who was absent-minded enough to target a long-dead Grimm. And has barely posted, so...

[Lynch] Sword Master

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    As for the food fight, that stick (I think) that jd threw to me didn't do anything, or at least I wasn't told anything. What makes you think they had an effect? Did the watermelon you ate reward you somehow?

Can't say it did (afaik). I was just lazy sitting at the side, you know. Point is, Bard organizes an event throwing food at people. Then, people throw food at people. It just strikes me as odd that wouldn't do anything. But then again, I could just be paranoid here.

That's weird, mine is a Silver coin

So you haven't used it yet then?

EDIT: Pretty much random vote:
    [Lynch] Ethereal Wizard

Years
    I haven't really had much to say this phase, but I don't think ruling out people who didn't attack the dragon from being cinder is a good idea as on the off chance cinder was one of those people we'd be focusing on the entirely wrong group, not that it really narrows down anything much anyway. But seeing as Lycan voted for me, and we have little to no solid leads yet, I'm going to vote for him back. [Lynch] Lycanthropy

Back