• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Script Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Rest...
    Also, is there a way that I can make it so the game goes back to the overworld after losing the battle and continuing the script instead of putting me back at the parent's house?

Unfortunately you have very limited options. The only trainerbattle that allows losing is 0x9 only with 0x3 unknown which is used for Oak's tutorial. Note, this is for Fire Red. You can also get rid of the tutorial. There's a post in quick research and development forum explaining it.
    As for the glitch trainer. Maybe you messed up the orders of parameters in trainerbattle command. Also I don't think there's a flag 0x1203.
    One more thing. You have to add "#raw 0xFE" at the end of each applymovement script.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2023
    Spoiler:

The script isn't giving pokemon
    Anyone know why?

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2017
    Spoiler:

This is nearly exactly like tajaros' Xtreme Scripting Tutorial's 0x9 battle example, but when the trainer sees me, he still doesn't work correctly. Maybe the 0x9 battle just doesn't work with view radius? Idk. I've been trying to write it as a script box and this script just freezes upon stepping on it:
    Spoiler:

EDIT: Problem solved. I just switched var number and value in advance map :/

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2023
    Spoiler:

I hate being noob, lol
    Another script that isn't working. In my view everything is okay, but the game just freeze after stepping on the script

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024

I've highlighted the necessary changes in red. Fortunately you only missed a few key commands ;)

Spoiler:

Years
  • I'd also recommend reading this document, as the flags you're using may not be safe. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=302347

In general, use flags in the range of 0x200 to 0x2FF.

Thank you for this! I have been practicing writing scripts involving flags to see if I can manipulate them properly, and had run into problems relating to one resetting every time I leave the map. The link pretty much answered my question though. Useful for reference as well :) (I'm using an expanded FireRed ROM as testing ground.)

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2023
    Spoiler:

I'm finally working on Route 1 scripts (Where will be the first rival battle and the upgrade for national dex). This is the script for the first rival battle, but when I step on the script, the games just freezes.

:(

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Spoiler:

I'm finally working on Route 1 scripts (Where will be the first rival battle and the upgrade for national dex). This is the script for the first rival battle, but when I step on the script, the games just freezes.

:(

Make sure you have these values on your script tile...
    MLSUj5X.png

Last edited:

leyn09

Truant Trainer
    Years
  • Hey guys, I'm troubled with using special 0xDB and special 0xDC in fire red. Here is the part of the script.

special 0xDB
    waitstate
    copyvar 0x8004 0x800D
    bufferpokemonparty 0x0 0x800D

So, I'm assuming that that slot I chose will be stored in 0x8004. I need that so I could use it to JPAN's decrpyting specials. However, this doesnt works and it appears that it just randomly reads buffers. How should I use special 0xDB effectively in that manner?

Here is my full script for possible references, thanks!

Spoiler:

Years
  • Hey guys, I'm troubled with using special 0xDB and special 0xDC in fire red. Here is the part of the script.

special 0xDB
    waitstate
    copyvar 0x8004 0x800D
    bufferpokemonparty 0x0 0x800D

So, I'm assuming that that slot I chose will be stored in 0x8004. I need that so I could use it to JPAN's decrpyting specials. However, this doesnt works and it appears that it just randomly reads buffers. How should I use special 0xDB effectively in that manner?

Here is my full script for possible references, thanks!

Spoiler:

Apparently, special DB doesn't update any vars. I'd suggest using only special 9F or BC that stores the position of selected pokemon in var 0x8004.

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Whenever I try this script and the trainer sees me, it starts a battle with a glitch trainer instead of the trainer I labelled as 001. When I talk to him by walking up to him, it works normally. Also, when he sees me, the \v\h06 rival name appears with an A with an accent over it. Any ideas how to fix?
    Also, is there a way that I can make it so the game goes back to the overworld after losing the battle and continuing the script instead of putting me back at the parent's house?

Don't use trainer battle 0x9 to fix the glitch and make sure the trainer's class isn't Rival/Champion/Elite four in your trainer editor. To make a script continue in the overworld after the battle is lost, you cannot unless you use the Oak's tutorial to do it. There is an ASM solution I made in the ASM resource thread, if you want to try using that.

Years
  • So I've now begun work on learning to create givepokemon scripts that includes a Yes/No box. For some reason, the following script isn't working properly. I tried fixing it by changing to an unused flag, but with no success. The script is optimized for FireRed. Here it is:

Spoiler:

It always keeps assuming that the flag is set and goes right to @screwoff. (I've found and tried using several safe flags that aren't used according to the documentation linked on SphIce's post)

NOTE: I'm using a downloaded savefile for testing, so maybe the flag is indeed set. But I figured that it would be good to get the script checked here anyway.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm attempting to make a FireRed hack, and I need some help with my script. [Pokescript]

I'm trying to make a script that allows the player to pass when they have all eight badges.

Spoiler:

When you have either all 8 badges or none of them, it works. But if you have any more/less, it doesn't work.

Where am I going wrong?

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2015
    I am having a very weird issue. The script below progresses on like how I want it to until the part in the screenshot.

400410b7adbdbc036d1c728fc96c5cd0.png

Is there some reason as to why the character's mother is invisible during this point? I have the applymovement command connected to the right person event but she is hidden before she even needs to be. Should I just have showsprite and clearflag on at the very beginning of this script or is it a deeper issue?

Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back