• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Season 2 of 'Durarara!!' Anime Announced

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    At the 2014 Dengeki Game Festival, an announcement was made revealing that Durarara!! will be receiving a second anime season after four years. The second season will expect to adapt the second arc of the novel. The original cast members will return in the second season, though the producers, Brains Base, were not mentioned in the announcement.

PV, Source 1&2

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    This is very exciting news! Judging from all of the gifs and fanart in my anime folder, I watched this around the second week of March 2013. Hell yeah, what a great anniversary gift for me. B)

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    You should, Lappy! I'm not sure how much you'll like it but I think it's worth a shot. and the ops are nice

Personally I'm going to watch it, I didn't LOVE Durarara but I'm interested in what they'll continue in the second season especially because they mostly wrapped things up at the end iirc. I know there's a light novel series but from what I've heard the anime is already much different than the LNs, which were more violent than the anime.

Huh, now that I'm thinking about it I'm not sure how much of a good thing this is. It could just be another way to drag out the series, since DRR was so popular many people are going to watch it anyway. I hope it ends up just as good or better than s1.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Now I can get my weekly dosage of Shizuo being a badass and shouting "IZAAAAAYAAAAA KUN YOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I haven't seen the first season yet and this news still made me happy. I'll watch S1 soon.

Years
    Season 1 was an enjoyable ride. Bring on season 2!

Season 2 of 'Durarara!!' Anime Announced

Maybe I'll finally get around to watching s1 now.

Do it. The opening and ending are music I personally find good.

Also because the anime's release spawned this mashup:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI-btq6HT8M

OMFG YES. THAT MEANS MORE SHIZAYA!! Don't ask lol

...er, I mean. That's so cooool. I love this anime more than anything. :D

Anyone who has delved deeply enough into the series is probably aware of Shizaya shippers, haha.

Has it really been 4 years since the first season? Time sure has flown. I hope the second season is even better than the first.

It's crazy, man. And to think it's already been almost 3 years since it debuted on Adult Swim as well.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Wait, wait. Durarara is really getting another season?

...yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssss!

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    I haven't seen the first season yet and this news still made me happy. I'll watch S1 soon.

Basically my thoughts. Now I can watch season one without worrying about it ending and not having some sort of continuation!

This also means I should read the novel... sigh

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Basically my thoughts. Now I can watch season one without worrying about it ending and not having some sort of continuation!

This also means I should read the novel... sigh

I think that the anime wrapped up s1 quite nicely, though! Personally I believe it would have been fine without a s2 but I'm glad they're still getting one :3

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    I'm so excited. ::>u<:: I love Durarara!!~
    A few months ago I got my friend to watch it, and she enjoyed it too, and when I told her this new, she was excited too. . . Yay!
    I suppose this means I should try to catch up on the manga, even though they're a bit different.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
    ehhh i did enjoy the first season but im not sure that it needs a second season... maybe they'll focus on the actually interesting characters this time XD

In my opinion Baccano was a lot better anyways :3 kill me now

derozio

Years
    ^ that's actually a more common opinion among anime fans from what I've read online. That Baccano is better than DRRR! :p But who knows. I'll judge it when I see it.

On a side note, I didn't find the OP that great, btw. People said it would be awesome and I felt pretty underwhelmed lol.

Has it really been 4 years since the first season? Time sure has flown. I hope the second season is even better than the first.

...it's been 4 years???? Oh my does time fly. No words. Anyways, I'm so pumped, this show was one of my favorite. Greatly looking forward to loads of hilarious Izaya and Shizuo interactions.

& I saw Baccano too though but definitely didn't think it was the better show. DRRR!! held my interest for way more and I had a way bigger attachment to the characters - but to each their own, of course. Never did I think this show would get a second season since the first felt fairly complete already.

derozio

Years
    I can of course be wrong about this but girls generally like DRRR more probably because the male characters look much more hasobendo material lmao. I mean DRRR's character cast has a LOT of fangirls. A LOT. Haven't seen anything of the sort for Baccano lol.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
    & I saw Baccano too though but definitely didn't think it was the better show. DRRR!! held my interest for way more and I had a way bigger attachment to the characters - but to each their own, of course. Never did I think this show would get a second season since the first felt fairly complete already.

I felt like DRRR had loads of potential and a great cast BUT they focused way too much on the three main characters who were by far the most dull and boring ones in the entire show. While Baccano's entire cast was strong and each one was developed pretty well for such a large cast and short show.

Back