• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shaymin & Virizion

Years
  • Don't remember where I first saw this:

Shaymin & Virizion

But I can't unsee this as a mon line that could've been now xD
    Is it just me or does anyone else see them as a mon line that could've been?

Years
  • nah

like... they're sorta similar? the red thing on virizion's neck, if you squint hard enough, looks sort of like skymin's scarf, but i feel like that's where the similarities end. the rest is far too different, imo

Years
  • Not something I've thought of before but I honestly can see it, they do both have pointy faces and long legs. Did some googling and honestly didn't expect there to be several discussions on it. Wonder if anyone has actually assumed they were an evo line before??

Geewithabee

Mess with the Grookey, you get the bazookey.
    Years
    • Age 39
    • He/Him
    • Seen Nov 26, 2021
    I, too, can never unsee this now.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • Cannot unsee. It explains why I like all three of them.

I like Shaymin, but dislike how many legendaries/mythicals there are, especially in Gen 4. I would have liked it if Shaymin was a regularmon who evolved into Shaymin-Sky.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I believe this theory, honestly. It just lines up very well. Shaymin and Virizion are already feminine enough looking Grass types that I could see that this could have been an alternative Game Freak did think of, but ultimately decided against.

Years
  • I didn't even notice that red thing sticking out of Virizion's neck until this thread. Resemblance do be uncanny.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Ya no we can just stop in the middle and we're good.

Truthfully, i do see where people get the connection, but it's supported by nothing but a slightly similar color palette. And that would be like saying Dragonair should evolve into Gyarados.

Years
  • Ya no we can just stop in the middle and we're good.

Truthfully, i do see where people get the connection, but it's supported by nothing but a slightly similar color palette. And that would be like saying Dragonair should evolve into Gyarados.

and here i thought i was the only one lmao

Back