• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • I shiny hunt while I catch up with the youtube shiny hunters.

And I feel ya razer, I hatched 260 Vulpix today lol. Still, it's barely anything so I'm cool with it!

That leaves my current hunts at:
    1650 REs in Route 10 in X
    2076 Johto Starters Seen
    470 Vulpix hatched

After I get my Cyndaquil I'm going to move on to triple hunt in Lake Valor Lakefront or whatever its's called :P Shooting for Girafarig! Then I'm gonna SR for Cresselia on White 2.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Found a shiny Spiritomb in my friend's safari! Saves me time having to hatch one (but I will probably try to anyways, since I want good stats and Pain Split egg move).

Named it Queen :)

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
  • Congrats on all the new shinies and welcome to all the new members!

This week's random hunt is… Abra! The last hunt, Gligar, will also count until Wednesday.

Years
  • So....many....froakie....eggs....I've...lost....count.....oh lord the froakies.

On another note...congrats to everyone on their newest shinies.
    I haven't encountered anything new recently since all I've been doing is breeding but I did get a shiny shaymin in a trade last night :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    Everyone loves the shiny frokie don't they? Lol can't blame yallz since I has one myself. :P

Congratz on the shinies everyone has found. Battling takes away hunting time though, lol.

Shiny lock is pointless especially when shinies have better odds now, it's just repulsive. :(

*hacks game to kill lock shiny* now to hunt on normal odds for yveltal. loljk. srsly tho. Locking shinies ARE AWFUL! >:(

Years
  • Everyone loves the shiny frokie don't they? Lol can't blame yallz since I has one myself. :P

Congratz on the shinies everyone has found. Battling takes away hunting time though, lol.

Shiny lock is pointless especially when shinies have better odds now, it's just repulsive. :(

*hacks game to kill lock shiny* now to hunt on normal odds for yveltal. loljk. srsly tho. Locking shinies ARE AWFUL! >:(

Shiny froakie does seem to a hot pokemon. I have a torrent Shiny froakie and a protean greninja. I'm putting myself through this torture so I can start a another game with all the starters in shiny form with hidden abilities.
    After this froakie hatches, I'm going to look for noibat. Probably another masuda but I might just try and trade for him so I can start sooner.
    My new team so far is fennekin,chespin, tyrunt, and phantump (maybe honedge instead, still debating this one since I actually hatched the phantump)

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I think it'd be more safe to say that people like shiny Greninja :)

With Masuda Method pokes, I tend to do a double-take when they hatch; especially with shiny sprites that are almost the same color.

I thought Froakie was more white than it turned out to be... I had the Skeptical Kid meme face on :)

Shiny froakie does seem to a hot pokemon. I have a torrent Shiny froakie and a protean greninja. I'm putting myself through this torture so I can start a another game with all the starters in shiny form with hidden abilities.
    After this froakie hatches, I'm going to look for noibat. Probably another masuda but I might just try and trade for him so I can start sooner.
    My new team so far is fennekin,chespin, tyrunt, and phantump (maybe honedge instead, still debating this one since I actually hatched the phantump)
    Via transfer, right? I am only stating this so you don't waste any soft-reset time, but the hidden abilities can't be obtained at the start of the game :)

I'm sure you know this, but any passers-by, please READ and HEED! :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Yea, after I get them, I have a few trustworthy people to transfer them for me:)

SRing is the one method of obtaining shinies that I haven't tried yet. Just seems even MORE tedious than the masuda method, XD
    I might be wrong though. Granted the only thing I would take the time to soft reset for is shiny locked so........

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
    Years
  • Hey, guys!

I haven't had any new Shiny captures recently. However, I've been popping out a lot of 5-6 IV babies for a team I've been thinking of trying! Only Drilbur left to breed so I may yet get a Shiny. Unlikely since it's not being MMed, though.

@all the talking about Shiny Greninja

I'm definitely part of the minority opinion here, but I actually dislike (well, maybe simply just not liking) Shiny Greninja. It's a solid colour combo but I feel the contrast between the rather bright tongue and the really dark and shimmery dark body is too much and details are lost. If the secondary colour weren't barely any different from the main black then I would potentially find it better.

What do you guys like about it, either on its own or in contrast to the original?

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • What I like about shiny Greninja is that his colors really fit the Pokemon. He's a ninja and his shiny form is black which is the usual uniform color of most ninjas :P

Troock

Whatever Forever
    Years
  • Congrats on all the new shinies and welcome to all the new members!

I have hatched 1003 Honedges now, and I still haven't found a shiny. I've taken a break from hatching now, and I've started wonder trading away all the Honedges. Fortunately I only started boxing them after I already hatched about 700 or so. I would have more than 30 full boxes now, had I boxed all of them from the beginning. I check the stats of all the Honedges before I trade them away. If I find another one with perfect stats, which is perfect HP, Atk, Def and SpD and zero Spe imo, I keep it. I have currently checked 2 full boxes of Honedges, but only found 1 perfect one.

The other reason why I took a break from hatching is because I want to start working on completing my Pokédex. I really want the Oval and Shiny Charms, those wil help me so much. Im probably going to wait unti Pokémon Bank comes out before completing my National Dex, though, because I don't like completing Pokédexes through trades, I like to catch 'em all myself. Also, for anyone still wondering if Shiny Charm works in combination with the Masuda Method: it probably does. It's pretty much been proven in this thread on Smogon. They concluded that the rate for hatching a shiny using MM in combination with the Shiny Charm is probably around 1 in 442, as you can see in the spreadsheet of the thread.

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
    Years
  • (...)the usual uniform color of most ninjas :P

You know, that's actually a really good point. Pretty clever if that was the intention! For me, those really bright white spots pop out too much. Nevertheless, point taken.

If I find another one with perfect stats, which is perfect HP, Atk, Def and SpD and zero Spe imo, I keep it.

Have you considered breeding for a mixed Aegislash? It typically has a Spooky Plate equipped, goes for a Quiet nature and has both Shadow Sneak and Shadow Ball, as such using both attacking stats. Could be intriguing if you want to aim for all stats being perfect as you breed, or if it interests you more than the usual physical build.

Back