• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I currently am working on SRing for Torchic on my copy of Sapphire (I finally fixed its internal battery). I like a lot of Hoenn shinies, so I'm thinking about doing a shiny playthrough. I've been SRing on this cartridge off and on for months with no luck, so hopefully this will work out soon.

Congratulations on the new shinies. o/

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    Hello!

I'm a bit of an amateur seeing as I only started playing a few years ago and have ONLY legitimately encountered shiny Pokemon in X. I love the thrill of finding shiny Pokemon, though, and have become increasingly interested in it within the past few weeks, so here I go.

The first two shinies I found, Snorunt and Drowzee, were encountered completely at random without trying to look for them at all. I ran into the Friend Safari to see which pokemon were in the safari in both of those encounters. The first pokemon to appear both times ended up being shiny.

Charmeleon, however, I was trying to encounter. (Shiny Charizard is one of my fiance's favorites and I wanted to surprise him with it!) It took a few hours, if I recall correctly, but I was pretty surprised at how quick it was. I also encountered Charmeleon in the friend safari.

Currently I'm trying out MM for a shiny Froakie. (Another gift for my fiance - he has a thing for shiny goth starters it seems) I've hatched 210 eggs but so far no luck. Still going strong though!

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I got the Mirage Island that Cherrim appears on again last night after connecting to the PSS, so I tried DexNaving a Shiny one again. I wasn't keeping an exact count, but at some point over 100 (with Search Level slightly over 400), I finally found my blue jalapeno cherry bud. I named her Cheryl, though I'm tempted to change it to Charlie. I actually prefer Sakura, but I'm sure that's overused. =w=

Also, the very first thing I found this morning was a horde containing a Shiny Wingull! I named him Luffy and evolved him into Pelipper. Not really sure why, since I hate Pelipper. xD

~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

I never uploaded a pic of my Shiny Wooper/Quagsire (Errica), so I included her. Also included a pic of Valen now that I've evolved him.

Shinies found: 149
    Currently owned: 108

Congrats on the new shinies, KKN!
    Thanks!

Congrats on the finds and good luck with MMing!

Yeah, a lot of people like Shiny Charizard/Greninja. I think black, blue, and pink are perhaps the most popular Shiny colors.

Years
  • Congrats on all new shinies and welcome to Celesteria!^^

I found a shiny Zigzagoon on valentine's, looking for Roselia. As I so eloquently put it in the video, "Valentine's shiny, the wrong one, and that basically sums up my Valentine's!"
    Up to 2,100 for jigglypuff phase 3 though.

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • I am going through and trying to get the Shiny Charm on Y and OS, was doing a horde battle to evolve some stuff and I caught this guy. Very average IVs but who cares :)

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Thanks, and congrats on the Zigzagoon! I've been wanting to find one myself (have EV trained with them several times with the Shiny Charm), but I've yet to find one. Lineoone is one of those Pokémon that I pretty much ignored in the originals, but I actually find it quite cute now.

Good luck on finding that Jigglypuff!

Congrats! Are you going to evolve him? Blue-lipped Victreebel is pretty cool.

- - -

I just discovered how gorgeous Shiny Servine is, so I'm taking a break from MMing Shuckle to MM a Shiny HA Snivy instead. (Well, I don't really mind if it has its HA or not. I just want to play with it in Amie.)

Why is it that I never fully-evolve my Shiny starters? xD

Last edited:

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • Congrats! Are you going to evolve him? Blue-lipped Victreebel is pretty cool.

Actually, I already did lol. I caught a shiny Bellsprout back in SoulSilver a long time ago, and lvl 100'd it. So this time, I evolved it as Victribell was one of the many that I still needed for the National dex!

I prefer shiny Serperior myself, but each to their own!

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I prefer shiny Serperior myself, but each to their own!

Of course. If everyone had the same preferences, it would be kind of boring, ne?

That's one of the things I love about Pokémon. There are just so many options to choose from. It's really cool seeing all the different team combinations out there. I just wish there was more balance so that a lot of competitive players wouldn't use the same Pokémon over and over (Mega Blaziken, Lucario, Garchomp, etc). Then again, there's a certain charm to people using Pokémon that you'd never expect.

Last edited:

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Tried to chain fish up a shiny in my Omega Ruby last night, but to no avail. I was doing rather well even though I don't currently have a Pokemon with the Suction Cups ability. Guess I'll have to sit down and transfer one from X/Y through the Pokebank tonight.

Are the shiny hunting methods the same for the Omega games as they were in X/Y?

EDIT: Ok, got my first shiny in Omega Ruby (not including the event Metang). Transferred an Inkay for the Suction Cups and fished up a shiny Tentacool!

Nickname: Jelly
    Ability: Liquid Ooze
    Nature: Jolly

Really want her to level up so she isn't as fragile... I do have a Black Sludge item for her though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    Congratulations on the Tentacool! I've been meaning to fish one up, but I haven't been able to yet. I think I might start up on that again.

I haven't had a whole lot of free time for shiny hunting lately, but I'm still SRing Torchic when I have the chance, as well as various MMing hunts on Y. I'm hoping to breed a shiny Charmander soon, but I'm still trying to get one in a pokeball that I like (I have no Charmeleon safaris).

Edit:
    I entered GTS shortly after posting this and found someone offering a Japanese female Charmander in return for a female Shroomish. It just happened to be in the pokeball I was hoping for! I'm pretty excited.

Last edited:

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I received an Eevee in a Dream Ball from Wonder Trade recently, but alas it's male so I can't breed with it and retain the ball :(

Would have made for a great Sylveon ball, but Heal Ball works for them too.

magolor

hsssah!
    Years
  • Hello- magolor here, again. It's been a while since I've posted here, but for good reason!
    After two months and 2376 SRs, I've finally nabbed myself a shiny Mudkip. And female, at that!
    This was my first shiny starter at the start of a game, and my first soft-reset hunt.

Stats and pic under the cut - ( I even drew a little something to celebrate. So excited! )

Spoiler:

Going for a Poochyena on Route 103, now. Or a Zigzagoon, if it comes to that.
    Wish me luck- and happy hunting! :15:

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I received an Eevee in a Dream Ball from Wonder Trade recently, but alas it's male so I can't breed with it and retain the ball :(

Would have made for a great Sylveon ball, but Heal Ball works for them too.
    I have HA dream ball Eevee that I got from a friend, and it's female. I could breed a female one for you, if you'd like? I know this isn't Trade Corner, so I won't focus too much on that haha.

I got distracted from my other hunts and have just hit 100 dexnav chains for Skorupi. I've been wanting to get one since I was still playing my copy of Diamond, but it only is obtainable in the great marsh there, so I was afraid of having one run away! After this, I'll probably either chain fish for Tentacool, horde hunt for Aron / Slugma, or begin MMing Charmander.

That's an awfully cute Mudkip, Magolor. :3 I like the drawing too.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I have HA dream ball Eevee that I got from a friend, and it's female. I could breed a female one for you, if you'd like? I know this isn't Trade Corner, so I won't focus too much on that haha.

I got distracted from my other hunts and have just hit 100 dexnav chains for Skorupi. I've been wanting to get one since I was still playing my copy of Diamond, but it only is obtainable in the great marsh there, so I was afraid of having one run away! After this, I'll probably either chain fish for Tentacool, horde hunt for Aron / Slugma, or begin MMing Charmander.

That's an awfully cute Mudkip, Magolor. :3 I like the drawing too.
    I can't seem to reply on your wall or in a PM, so yes, I would appreciate trading for a HA female Eevee in a Dream Ball :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2015
    hey guys I am going to start a shiny badge quest looking for a active community where i can post my luck/frustratiion anyone want to join me and am I ok to post it in here?

secondly do you think I should do it on x or Omega Sapphire? I actually caught a wild shiny Zubat on my X almost a year ago and have yet to do the second gym so would have a head start on that.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
  • Welcome to all new members and congrats on the new shinies!!

I've been hunting for Yamask a lot and for Rotom a little. Also, as the last day of the month, it's time for...

The February Monthly Quest!!

Happy February!

Find an Ice-type shiny and a Grass-type shiny to complete this Monthly Quest!

As always, chained and Safari Pokemon are not eligible to count for the Quest.

This Monthly Quest lasts until midnight EDT on March 28th, 2015.

Years
  • As usual I don't think I'll be completing the monthly quest D: but congrats on all the shinies<3
    The third phase for jigglypuff has also gone over 10k. I'm at 13,500 right now~

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Congrats to SS79 for the Tentacool and mago for the Mudkip!

- - -

Shinies have been avoiding me since that Cherrim. Broke a few PokéRadar chains (one even after I got up to 40) and gave up (for now) on MMing Snivy and Chikorita, but I finally got some new Shinies!

I couldn't sleep last night, so I decided to chain in Pearl. Smoochum were swarming, so I decided to try for one of those. Took about 30 resets after I got up to 40, but I got 'er. Meet Elsa, my Shiny Jynx. Shame she has an Adamant nature, but at least she has several physical attacks in her movepool (Wake-Up Slap, Ice Punch, and Zen Headbutt, to name a few).

Afterward, I decided to switch to MMing Shellder, a Shiny I've been trying for on and off since Black 2. It only took 6 eggs this time around. Meet Ursula, my Shiny Cloyster. She's definitely going on my Ice Team. I need to change her Ability first, though.

EDIT: Sweet! Hatched a Shiny Sneasel after only 8 eggs this morning! I had gotten a Shiny Sneasel before from the Friend Safari, but its nature sucked and I didn't evolve it. This one has an ideal nature and I'll be evolving him for use on my Ice team. Now I just need to wait until HA Amaura are given out and try getting one via trade...

I named him Kj'kun, just as I did my Sneasel in LeafGreen and Weavile in HeartGold. Kj'kun (kahj koon) is the name of my main OC who like Weavile has elf-like ears, red eyes with long eyelashes, large claws (though my OC can unequip his), icy powers, and wears dark clothing (the eye color and clothes thing don't match with its Shiny colors, but whatever).

No pics yet, but I'll add them once I evolve him. I don't have a Razor Claw yet. Here's the pic. Forgot to take one of him before evolution. =w=

Shinies found: 152
    Currently owned: 111

Last edited:

magolor

hsssah!
    Years
  • Probably not going to attempt the monthly quest either- instead, I'm going to continue my hunt for a shiny Poochyena on route 103.
    But for future reference, do ORAS and XY Pokemon still count for only a small portion of the quest, in comparison to a Pokemon caught in an earlier game?

edit: A few minutes after I posted this, a shiny Wingull appeared on route 103! Not what I wanted, but exciting since I got the sparkles on camera. Makes me want to start a Youtube channel! (I'll update the siggy later)

edit again!: siggy updated- hoping for a surskit or a seedot this time around!
    edit once again, since i don't want to post directly after myself- I actually did end up making a shiny-based youtube! Been wanting to. In other news, up to 500+ REs on Route 102.

Last edited:
    Back