• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Questions (PLEASE USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE ASKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2019
    Is there something I'm doing wrong when I compile my scripts? I click compile, save AMap then close XSE. I then open the script (the same script offset as the Dynamic offset given by FSF) but it contains nothing but '#org 0xXXXXX' instead of the script i just typed out.

any help? thanks!
    You probably didn't paste the script offset into your event's script offset box in AMap. XSE gives you a list of offsets when you compile a script, and you're supposed to copy the offset of the start of the script and paste it into Advance Map.

M0ZEPH

Formally 'Resultz' - Returned!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    You probably didn't paste the script offset into your event's script offset box in AMap. XSE gives you a list of offsets when you compile a script, and you're supposed to copy the offset of the start of the script and paste it into Advance Map.

I can understand if I hadn't done that but I have.. I've even recopied the offset into the box but still nothing.

the only thing i can think of is instead of a 6 digit offset what appears when i hit enter or move off the box is 00 in front of it, say instead of 0x800000 it becomes 0x00800000.

The offset is at the beginning of the script, at the top of XSE, in the AMAP box, but it till deletes itself the second I close XSE, as if I haven' saved it. Is there another step after compiling that i gotta do before closing the XSE window?

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2019
    I can understand if I hadn't done that but I have.. I've even recopied the offset into the box but still nothing.

the only thing i can think of is instead of a 6 digit offset what appears when i hit enter or move off the box is 00 in front of it, say instead of 0x800000 it becomes 0x00800000.

The offset is at the beginning of the script, at the top of XSE, in the AMAP box, but it till deletes itself the second I close XSE, as if I haven' saved it. Is there another step after compiling that i gotta do before closing the XSE window?
    Can you post screenshots on how you're compiling the scripts to the rom?

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024

Are you using Advance Map 1.95 or 1.92 ?

M0ZEPH

Formally 'Resultz' - Returned!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Spoiler:

I'm 100% certain i'm doing the A-Map side of things correct, but is THIS what you do in XSE? - The problem was I was using the offset given by FSF as the script offset, not the one highlighted by the compiler. I think that solved it but is that correct?

And I'm using 1.95

Thankyou!

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2019
    Spoiler:

I'm 100% certain i'm doing the A-Map side of things correct, but is THIS what you do in XSE? - The problem was I was using the offset given by FSF as the script offset, not the one highlighted by the compiler. I think that solved it but is that correct?

And I'm using 1.95

Thankyou!
    Yeah you want to use the offset highlighted by XSE. FSF just gives you a list of offsets where you could possibly insert stuff in, XSE's offset is the offset where your script was actually inserted. And like destinedjagold said, use Advance Map 1.92 lol

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
    1 Most things are possible. You probably want to use a script event (green S tile). maybe something like:

#org @script
    lock \\locks the players
    applymovement 0x(guy) @walk_to_PLAYER \\ moves the guy that spots you
    waitmovement 0x0 \\ waits for the guy to walk
    msgbox @talk 0x6 \\ guy talks to you
    warp 0xFF 0xFF 0xFF 0xFF 0xFF (check the bytes in command help) \\ you get warped
    setvar 0x4050 0x1 \\ This prevents the script from happening again. Read KK552's tut if you don't understand script tiles
    release \\ resumes movement
    end \\ idk lol

Also I have a question. When inserting a world map the map always has those 5-6 tiles in the bottom right hand corner that look unpleasant. All tutes say add 16 bytes of 00's but this doesnt work at all! Any clues?
    I was kinda trying to avoid using green tiles but i guess if i have oh well.:)

Years
    Is there a place where I can get the party icons for pokemon from gen 4 and 5. Like the things you see when you go into your party and it shows what pokemon it is? I have searched everywhere and cannot find any :(

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Hi, asking on behalf of a friend, because I do not know the answer!
    Are there any tools for editing pokémon sprites/stats/etc in gen 1? Quick glance shows hundreds of tools for gen 3 and not much else.
    Cheers in advance to whoever knows. (Is it YOU?)

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
    Years
    Spoiler:

And I'm using 1.95

Thankyou!

A-Map 1.95 is way too buggy, try using 1.92

Jehowi

Your Master Superior
    Years
    I'm experiencing the following issue:

After receiving the Pokédex from professor Oak in my firered ROM hack, I go to route 1 in which I edited the wild pokemon you can encounter. I've added all pokemon of generation 4 and 5 and replaced them with basic pokemon from gen. 1, 2 and 3. Now when I catch an Amoonguss (which I replaced with Venonat from gen. 1), the pokédex records its data when I capture it. If I try to catch an unedited Ledian, however, it doesn't record anything. I think it has something to do with not having received the national dex yet, but is there a solution to this problem?

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Following a few tutorials I making my first attempt to hack the titlescreen, but it isn't going well lol. I indexed my image properly in IrfanView and made the tilemap in NTME, but I think when trying to change the Charizard I wrote the image in UNLZ to the wrong place? I'm getting this =/

Simple Questions (PLEASE USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE ASKING)

Joltix

Don't Steal My Thunder
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2016
    I'm experiencing the following issue:

After receiving the Pokédex from professor Oak in my firered ROM hack, I go to route 1 in which I edited the wild pokemon you can encounter. I've added all pokemon of generation 4 and 5 and replaced them with basic pokemon from gen. 1, 2 and 3. Now when I catch an Amoonguss (which I replaced with Venonat from gen. 1), the pokédex records its data when I capture it. If I try to catch an unedited Ledian, however, it doesn't record anything. I think it has something to do with not having received the national dex yet, but is there a solution to this problem?

You need to activate the National Pokedex. Here's an example.

Spoiler:

Special 0x16F activates it.

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
    I've been looking around for x and y icons that I can use on Advanced Pokemon Icon Editor for a VERY long time now, and I just decided to ask on pokecommunity if anyone had some. The only ones I need are chespin, froakie, and fennekin, and each of there evolutions. I would VERY MUCH appreciate anyone who replies!
    Thank You!
    Heres a 64x64 one https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=314422

And here is smogons https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/xy-sprite-project-read-1st-post-pixel-perfect.3486712/

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
    In R/S/E the secret bases have a butt ton of overworld sprites (the little things you can add in to your base) and yet it takes up so little room. Is it possible to do the same thing in Fire Red so I can include a lot of overworld sprites within a seemingly small amount of space used?

Reposting for emphasis.

Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back