• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Small Writing Competition

Bay

Years
  • We got your entries Eleanor, Venia, and Anna!

Also, you have 3 hours left to submit entries! We'll also be accepting revisions then too!

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Sent an entry.

Hope it doesn't make you give up on literature as an art form after reading it <3

Years
    • Seen today
    Sent my entry. Thought I wouldn't enter, then wrote all of this crap in the last day FML.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen yesterday
    Literally sent with 1 minute to spare and a super rushed ending I regret so much already because otherwise I loved my story idea 😭 but I did it lmao

Bay

Years
  • We got your entries Radio, 5qwerty, and Juno! We also got your revised version, Venia.

And that's time! Thanks to everyone who has submitted an entry for the SWC. The judges will be reading and scoring the entries, results should be posted within a few days!

Years
  • Scoring Breakdown

This was another great year with some excellent writing and really interesting story concepts. Before we get into the total scores and placings, below is a break down of how each judge scored every entry and some comments from us about your stories.

VisionofMilotic

GP's Score
    Spoiler:

bobandbill's score
    Spoiler:

Bay's Score
    Spoiler:

Hyzenthlay

GP's Score
    Spoiler:

bobandbill's Score
    Spoiler:

Bay's Score
    Spoiler:

Eleanor

GP's Score
    Spoiler:

bobandbill's Score
    Spoiler:

Bay's Score
    Spoiler:

Aquacorde

GP's Score
    Spoiler:

bobandbill's Score
    Spoiler:

Bay's Score
    Spoiler:

Radio

GP's Score
    Spoiler:

bobandbill's Score
    Spoiler:

Bay's Score
    Spoiler:

Venia Silente

GP's Score
    Spoiler:

bobandbill's Score
    Spoiler:

Bay's Score
    Spoiler:

5qwerty

GP's Score
    Spoiler:

bobandbill's Score
    Spoiler:

Bay's Score
    Spoiler:

Juno

GP's Score
    Spoiler:

bobandbill's Score
    Spoiler:

Bay's Score
    Spoiler:

Results

Onwards to the final results! Interestingly enough, we actually have a tie for first place! As such, there will not be a second place awarded. Instead, points for first will go out twice and we'll then skip to third.

VisionofMilotic: 72/90
    Hyzenthlay: 84/90
    Eleanor: 73/90
    Aquacorde: 75/90
    Radio: 55/90
    Venia Silente: 74/90
    5qwerty: 67/90
    Juno: 84/90

Congratulations to Hyzenthlay and Juno on a tied first place (300 points each) and to Aquacorde for third (100 points)! Everyone did really well this year. Not a single person scored below the 50% mark, so those positions are well-earned.

Points by Team

Caelum: 50pts
    Aecor: 800pts
    Solum: 100pts

See you all next year. Don't forget to share your stories over in FF&W with an SWC tag!

Last edited:

Bay

Years
  • Congrats to Hyzenthlay, Juno, and Aquacorde for getting the top spots! Also thanks to everyone else that participated, we had a good turn out this year!

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Congratulations to everybody, specially to our Top 3: juno, Hyzenthlay and Acquacorde!

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • Congrats to everyone who participated, and to the winners! I'm surprised at the high participation this year (let's keep doing it!).

Itching to see some of the stories posted already! Will try and do my part today.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • Such a fantastic turnout this year! Congratulations to everyone, especially Juno and Aquacorde for making it to first and second place! <3 Reading the judges' comments, they all sound like fascinating entries and I look forward to them!

As for me, I am just... utterly humbled, because I never expected this, but it has really made my day. :') Thank you! ❤️

Retek

Banned
    Years
  • Such a fantastic turnout this year! Congratulations to everyone, especially Juno and Aquacorde for making it to first and second place! <3 Reading the judges' comments, they all sound like fascinating entries and I look forward to them!

As for me, I am just... utterly humbled, because I never expected this, but it has really made my day. :') Thank you! ❤️

You both deserved the first place for your hard work, congratulations!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen yesterday
    Thank you, and congrats everyone who participated!! I've just put up my entry in FFW as well - gonna try to read the ones that have been posted also later today, and I hope everyone else who participated shares their stories/poetry also (especially you, Annie)!

Back