• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Smash Bros

How do you think that Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pichu, Mewtwo, Charizard, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Lucario, Greninja and Incineroar are popular with the general public enough to become playable fighters in Super Smash Bros.? And Why?

How do you think that Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pichu, Mewtwo, Charizard, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Lucario, Greninja and Incineroar are popular with the general public enough to become playable fighters in Super Smash Bros.? And Why?
Pikachu is the mascot so even if no one really likes the guy it was clear that it had to be there.
People loved Mewtwo in Melee as far as I'm aware even if the competitive roster was just of 4 characters, and the rant for it not being in Brawl was big, so I don't think people dislike it.
Lucario, Greninja and Incineroar were very popular on their respective generations and on the competitive scene. Incineroar is still hated by lots including myself.
Pichu was a meme character in Melee and people hated him, but they made it surprisingly good in Ultimate for some reason so is now loved by everyone. It's still not a popular Pokémon though.
Nobody cares about Pokémon Trainer and they are only there because it's Kanto and everybody likes Kanto amirite
Jigglypuff is there just because. I'd say it's bc of the same thing as Trainer but it's not even a popular Kanto Pokémon

Pikachu is the mascot so even if no one really likes the guy it was clear that it had to be there.
People loved Mewtwo in Melee as far as I'm aware even if the competitive roster was just of 4 characters, and the rant for it not being in Brawl was big, so I don't think people dislike it.
Lucario, Greninja and Incineroar were very popular on their respective generations and on the competitive scene. Incineroar is still hated by lots including myself.
Pichu was a meme character in Melee and people hated him, but they made it surprisingly good in Ultimate for some reason so is now loved by everyone. It's still not a popular Pokémon though.
Nobody cares about Pokémon Trainer and they are only there because it's Kanto and everybody likes Kanto amirite
Jigglypuff is there just because. I'd say it's bc of the same thing as Trainer but it's not even a popular Kanto Pokémon

tbf
Jigglypuff is a really solid character in Smash.

So what do you guys think of Byleth? He's dropping tomorrow.

While having eight Fire Emblem characters seems a bit much, Byleth genuinely looks unique from the others. So while I wasn't too hyped for him, I can find myself having a bit of fun with him.

(On the contrary, I was laughing as soon as he was revealed because of all the salt the community would direct toward him)

Byleth seems like he's gonna be a really good fighter imo. Who cares if it's another FE character? What matters is the gameplay aspect.

I'd personally rather reserve judgment on Byleth until we can actually play the character. Trailer footage from a November build of the character isn't what I'd call a good resource for guessing how good or bad the character is going to be. The poor mobility is a concern to me though.

What I'm really hoping for right now though is that Byleth does not drop at some ungodly hour tomorrow. I want to play tomorrow, and if they become available at like 10:30 pm EST or some shit like that it's basically the same as them dropping on the 29th instead =[

Which of these Generation VIII Pokémon do you think is going to become a downloadable playable character for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fighter Pass, Vol. 2, do you think it's Inteleon or what? Please let me know what you might think, thanks.

I'd rather have Rillaboom in smash, tbh. We already have Greninja and Incineroar, so it's time for a Grass starter in Smash.
...Also, while I don't play smash ultimate at all, I've played through both the story of Melee and Brawl to some capacity.

But if Knuckles gets in Smash, I will buy it in an instant, I don't care how bad I'll probably suck.

I've only been playing a week and this game is already tilting me

Literally everyone is better at Ultimate than I am

I guess I'm done online until I get all of the characters and complete World of Light at the minimum

😡

I've only been playing a week and this game is already tilting me

Literally everyone is better at Ultimate than I am
That's the natural thing to expect? If you've only been playing it for a week and aren't someone who's got a strong foundation already, of course most people are gonna be better than you. Most people aren't good at something when they start.

Definitely start with World of Light though to unlock all the non-DLC characters so you have as many possible available to see who suits you most. Afterwards it wouldn't hurt to look around and try to find some information on fighting fundamentals and a starter guide for whichever character(s) you wanna main. From there it's mainly a lot of experience and actively trying to learn things.

I'd rather not care about 'optimal combos,' 'frame data,' 'mains,' or literally anything else involving work but I'll try to keep it in mind

I....really don't know how you expect to get better without putting in work, but ok

But if Knuckles gets in Smash, I will buy it in an instant, I don't care how bad I'll probably suck.

Well, he's in as an assist at least... I don't see why they don't just "upgrade" some of the assist trophies to playable during these DLC waves. There are a bunch of them who were clearly under consideration to be playable and got assist status as consolation... Knuckles, Isaac, Alucard, Bomberman, Shovel Knight, just to name a few. Here's hoping they revisit them.

I'm enjoying Classic Mode but I wish I would fight something other than Master Hand or Rathalos.

Either way here are my pipe dreams hopes for Wave 2. There are more than 5 but if at least one of them are in, although more would be better obviously, I think I'll be happy/satisfied

Crash Bandicoot
Spyro the Dragon
Monokuma (Danganronpa)
Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Neku (TWEWY)
ANY Digimon
Klonoa

My ideal Fighter's Pass would consist of...

Quote from Cave Story
Dr. Eggman
Adeleine from Kirby
Agumon
Grovyle (I really just want Pokémon Mystery Dungeon represented in Smash)
Beat from Jet Set Radio (a really left-field pick, but Hideki Naganuma music in Smash would be hyyype)

My main hope for the fighter pass is Crash but it'd be cool to see 2B in the game. Despite her flaws, I really like playing Byleth and am hoping to improve with her.

Back