• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Smoking.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
  • Smoking is an absolutely huge NO for me. I really thank God that no one in my family smokes, but I do have one uncle who does. Heavily. When I was younger, I tried telling him that smoking was bad for his health, but did he listen to a young kid such as myself? You guess. I show extreme signs of avoidance around smokers, especially if my extremely sensitive nose catches the slightest hint of cigarette smoke, by immediately turning around and walking away quickly, or start deliberately coughing loudly and complaining. I simply don't get why people even start this disgusting habit, especially if they know the 'health benefits'. With very puff of smoke a smoker exhales, with it takes away his or her very life. I always had this saying that smoking is like paying for cancer in installments. If ever I get the slightest knowledge of my future boyfriend being a smoker, he is immediately off my list no matter how much he claims to love me.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I really hate smoking...asthma is an annoyance.

About everyone in my family smokes, so it's really annoying...I tell them to smoke outside at the very least, but does anyone ever listen?

Years
  • I don't smoke, it's gross and tastes so foul. I got my mother to quit years ago so yeah it's uncool to smoke yeah. Don't ever expect me doing it either because I hate the smell of tobacco and the bad breath that comes with it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I have a few friends who smoke, because, according to them, it helps them calm their minds. But I've never smoked, though. Not even a puff. Other than my dad, none of my family members smoke, either. My dad smokes only when he's at work. He never smokes at home. I personally don't like the way you smell after you smoke a cigarette, because it drives people away from you. Plus, you're ruining your teeth by making them look yellow and worsening your hair by making them thinner. D:

Orifiel

Priestess
    Years
  • I haven't smoke before and I'll never do.
    It's really a big turn off for me. And for me, People who smoke is
    decreasing there long lives. That's right, for me, it's suicidal thing.
    It just gives you weak health as it seems. Also burns your lips? meh.

Years
  • I'll smoke at parties and things, it's more for the social aspect than the smoking thing really.
    Although I haven't been drinking, I absolutely hate the smell of cigarettes and they're definitely a turn off.
    You can also tell a lot about who someone my age who smokes regularly is to within the last few years by looking at what type of shoes they're wearing.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    I do not smoke, at all. I also despise people that do smoke, & I will encourage any of my friends to quit if they do smoke. There are many other ways to relieve your stress that are much better than smoking.

Anyway, smoking is a big turn-off for me. If you're the type of person that likes to smoke in others' faces, stay the hell away from me. & Like Synerjee said, it'll slowly take your life away. However, there are some who don't mind it killing them, but still, if you want to die that badly, why not put a bullet in between your eyes & get it over with?? ...Oh yeah, most people don't even have a gun on them...

The good thing is, I'm happy that the bulk of PC doesn't smoke.

Last edited:

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
    Years
  • Never did never will smoke. Smells bad. Makes u sick. Even if you dont smoke you still get cancer from second hand smoke. I would NEVER go in a car with someone who smokes. And I sure in the heck wont get in a relationship with someone who smokes(or for that matter drinks) either. If I need to calm ma nerves I listen to music. lol.

Elixir.

Fly Away
    Years
  • I have asthma, so I try to stay as far away as possible from people who smoke. This is a personal thing, but if I see someone smoking, I automatically develop a strong dislike for them. I have nothing against them personally, but I've just been brought up in a family where smoking is very frowned upon.

Sirfetch’d

I'll smoke at parties and things, it's more for the social aspect than the smoking thing really.
    Although I haven't been drinking, I absolutely hate the smell of cigarettes and they're definitely a turn off.
    You can also tell a lot about who someone my age who smokes regularly is to within the last few years by looking at what type of shoes they're wearing.

If you hate the smell of cigarettes, then why do you smoke? I understand that you said you do it for the social aspect, but wouldn't your distaste for them be enough to prevent you from doing so?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Ugh, smoking is the worst. You're basically committing suicide in the most subtlest way possible. Absolutely nothing good comes from it. Whenever I see someone smoking, it's hard not to judge them for committing such a crime against their body. To make matters worse, smoking doesn't just affect the person doing it, but the people around them as well.

I understand it's an addiction, but it's hard not to judge someone who smokes when they very well know the damage their causing to themselves and the people around them. And while I don't mean to sound so harsh about the subject, it just bothers me when I see people wasting their life and money on something so destructive.

I can't. I just can't. u__u

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
    Years
  • Nope,i don't smoke..smoking is so bad for health it destroys lungs and causes disease ..i think our life and health way important than fulling our lungs with smoke while having a hard time!..hard times has an end but health if it's gone..it's gone....also for some personal reasons i hate to see my loved one smoking...i would be lying if i said it doesn't bother me cuz it does..but it's up to my partner to decide about that..if it didn't come from inside it will never come.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I've taken a drag or two in the past, and lately I've been puffing on a few of my friends' e-cigs too. The actual cigs weren't exactly great, which is why the space between the only two puffs I've ever taken is 3 years (once in freshman year, once in senior). E-cigs, though, I'll admit, I've done quite a few times. I don't have one, and wouldn't be bothered to get one, but my friends all have, and I basically just offer myself a puff. =/

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2023
    Yes, I smoke, but I never smoke indoors; that's just nasty. Smoke stains the walls and smells up the place. I know it makes me smell, but I at least take care of my teeth, and have mouthwash readily available when needed, lol.

Years
  • I never have and never will, having had bad experiences with my Great-grandparent's smoking habits, as well as being susceptible to upper respiratory issues as is. Smoking would only magnify that. No bueno.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I think smoking cigarettes is disgusting. There's so much nasty **** in those little sticks. People complain about McDonald's having nasty stuff in their food and then go off to smoke a cigarette, and I'm just like, "That's even worse than eating food from McDonald's, you know." I would still have my paw paw around if he hadn't smoked for so long. So yeah. It doesn't resonate well with me.

Years
  • I don't smoke and never will. My mom's parents smoked a lot and as a result they died 10-20 years early. Mom used to smoke herself.. I remember chucking her cigarette packs out the window as a kid. Thankfully she quit eight ago when my brother was born, though.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't smoke. Never have and never will. A lot of my friends don't smoke, but there are a few at work who do, and I sit with them outside on their smoke breaks. The smell doesn't bother me at all (and there's even a particular brand of cigarette that I like the smell of if someone's smoking it), and I'm not going to judge them at all for their choices. We just all sit together and they all position themselves at the table to make sure the smoke doesn't go toward me.

So really, I'm not bothered if people smoke, even if they're around me. It's their choice to do so and any preaching from me and stuff isn't going to make them stop. They have to want to do it for their own reasons, like a friend I have who quit because of her grandson.

The only rules I have about smoking are don't do it in my car and don't breathe directly in my face after smoking. But if you're close enough that your breath is right in my face, then you're a little too close to me in general so back off.

(I'm more bothered by perfume and cologne smells anyhow, and no one's really judging people for drowning themselves in the stuff.)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I don't currently and will never smoke. The idea of it makes me feel sick and after having had a grandparent die from it it's not something that I ever wish to try. I've been offered to try it before from friends and even from family on one occasion but it's not something I'm interested in giving a chance to. It's possible I'll enjoy it or it'll be a great way to relax but is it worth the side-effects? To me, no.

I don't judge other people for smoking (as long as I don't have to smell it) but it's simply not for me.

Whisbii

→ Persistence
    Years
  • No, I do not smoke. Personally, I think smoking is absolutely disgusting and it is not healthy for a person. Yes, smoking is a absolute turnoff and I refuse to date anyone who smokes. If I get in to a relationship I want the girl to be clean and to not be reliant on a cigarette to lower her stress or whatever may be on her mind.

Back