• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Speaking of names...

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
  • I came up with the name on an MMORPG called RuneScape back in 2009 and it's stuck ever since.
    Same here! :D

Slayr231 first started out in 2006 when I joined my first online community, Runescape. I was trying to think of a cool name for hours, since back in 6th grade, you wanted everything to sound cool, so I decided upon Slayer. I thought it made me sound "tough" and "intimidating" at the time. Unfortunately, just about everything with "Slayer" in it was taken, so I dropped the "e", and Slayr was born.

Since it was the norm to put numbers in your username back then, I took the only number combination I could think of, 231. It held a place in my heart since it was the number combination of my dad's last squadron in the military before he retired.

I no longer try to be intimidating online, I'm actually a really nice guy, but I'm awful with coming up with usernames, so I just use this one everywhere I go. If you see a Slayr231 somewhere, it's most likely me. I've been using this name for eight years now, and I'm not stopping anytime soon.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • My old username, Lapras*, came from the fact that I had no idea what my username should be and I had just finished Mystery Dungeon Sky for like the tenth time so I just picked "Lapras" since it's an important character in the game. I think "Lapras" was taken so I just added * for reasons unknown.

My current username is a magic spell from the series Fairy Tail. :3

Toutebelle

Banned
    Years
  • My username comes from a fairy tale - Madame d'Aulnoy's The Yellow Dwarf. The main character is a vain princess named Toutebelle, meaning "all fair" in French (a reference to her beauty - some older translations of the story call her All-Fair). She was promised to marry a dwarf since she had already turned down 20 suitors, but later fell in love with a king. The dwarf and his evil fairy friend kidnap Toutebelle and the king at their wedding. The king goes to save the princess, but ends up getting killed by the dwarf. Toutebelle grieved at the dead king, since he was the first person she truly cared about, and died of a broken heart. It's a very dark and compelling story - it plays out more like a Greek tragedy than a fairy tale. It was written for adults instead of children - fairy tales didn't become associated with children until decades after Madame d'Aulnoy died. I thought that Toutebelle's name sounded really cool - I even used it for a Pokemon OC.

You can read the story here: http://www.surlalunefairytales.com/authors/aulnoy/1892/yellowdwarf.html

Last edited:

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • The Orca part of my username is because I love Killer Whales. I'm basically obsessed with them, my classmates tell me all the time. : P

The Classy part is because I enjoy listening to jazz and classical music and my friends and family all made a joke about how classy it made me and it just kind of stuck as a username.

The "The" is because I'm not just some classy orca, I'm The Classy Orca.

Last edited:

Darkwing Ducklett

Let's get dangerous
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    Darkwing Duck is one of my childhood favourites, which I had on my mind at the time. Ducklett is a Pokemon, and I felt that I needed a Pokemon themed username on a Pokemon forum. Hence Darkwing Ducklett. I was contemplating Porky Pignite and Bugs Buneary/Bunnelby but, since fewer people have heard of DW and I like to be obscure, I went with that instead.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    My username here on PC (this is the only username I've had on PC btw) originates from my time on Yahoo Answers (which I occasionally still visit). When I had first signed up on there, I went with one of the most boring usernames possible, my first name, because I suck at coming up with names for anything. So some time later, I had noticed that several other users on Y!A had names that were "No Chance Without [insert something here]". So I was like, why not, let's change my username to something like that, at least it'll be better than my current one. And Zekrom is my favorite Pokémon. And thus the name No Chance Without Zekrom was born.

So when I came to PC a little over 5 months ago, I decided to roll with that as my username cuz this is a Pokémon forum, after all.

I actually have several different usernames in the online world. I still have yet to come up with the one perfect name...will I ever come up with it?

And then I changed my name. As for an explanation, watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruopCHmCZcM&feature=youtu.be

Years
  • My original name, Livewire, was a fusion of my favorite Mountain Dew Flavor and my love of Electric-typed Pokemon, and my current one is obviously a shout-out to everyone's favorite Sith Lord/Star Wars character, Darth Vader. >:3

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    When the final round of name changes was happening in 2008, I wanted to change my name to something that actually fit me and who I am. At the same time, I was re-reading the first few DragonLance books. Once I reached the chapter where the character "Astinus" is introduced, the name just clicked and I switched to this user name.

I don't even like DragonLance anymore.
    shrug.001.gif

I'm thinking of changing my name to something else from a book series I actually like that also fits me really well, but I'm just so attached to this name.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Why did you choose your username?

So, I'm curious... why did you choose your username? Is there any meaning to your name or did you just choose it randomly?

Mine is a combination of Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy. I love both of these characters, and I decided why not combine them into a unique username? That's how RainbowShy was born! ^_^

How about you? This counts to those who still have their original username and those that have changed them recently. I'm not sure if this has already been created, but I didn't see anything of the sort.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I chose my first username Shining Raichu because getting the Shining Raichu Pokemon card was the highlight of my childhood.

I chose my second name - The Artist Formerly Known As Shining Raichu - because I thought it was hilarious, but everybody was ♥♥♥♥♥ing about how it was too long and misaligned the page like a bunch of kids with OCD who really just needed to suck it up, so it got changed back.

I chose my current name because I'm a sexually active atheist gay boy and the idea of me being a Catholic nun is outlandish and hilarious to me.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I chose my current name because I'm a sexually active atheist gay boy and the idea of me being a Catholic nun is outlandish and hilarious to me.

I'm done haha. I feel like a broken record saying this for some reason, but Dakota came from what was probably one of the happiest moments in my life with my first girlfriend haha. Dakota by Rocket To The Moon was kind of our song. And I named myself here after it. We broke up because life wouldn't let it happen, basically, which hurt so much (it still does, honestly), but I decided to keep the name. Her and I are still best friends, and I don't see the harm in holding on to great memories that are manifest in a single name.

Edit: oh, so that's why I felt like a broken record.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I chose my name because I love both Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy. Me and my friend were coming up with names that combined the two, and I came up with this one. I thought it was cute and very unique. It was something I figured would fit my personality and such. ^_^

I totally didn't know this thread exist... or was even alive.

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
    Years
  • I was just straight up arrogant back in 2008! Arrogance is where my current name came from.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • That is so dorky :P

On the battle server nearly everyone uses alts so I felt I could use some creativity and come up with my own. I felt I needed to express my sexuality, hence the perverted, also I love Pikachu so PervertedPikachu I became!

My old username, O07_eleven, was my gaming identity and I felt it was a big part of me :)

Out of all the things it could be, it's dorky? Wanna explain that logic O_o

Yukari

I chose this username because I fit into my persona theme, I remember thinking "This is a long shot... And then I posted the message. I was SO happy that I actually got this username, I really didn't think I would. And since then I've gotten pretty attached to it.
    Not to mention the person I have a crush on said it fit me, not quite because that she said it, but because she said it fit me.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    My username, rather my username history, is dotted with personal touches here and there, but came on the back of my spontaneity.

Alexial is/was a character of mine from a graphic novel I once composed. This is long ago, but the name stuck with me. I was just telling Nolafus that the name itself has this angelic feel to it, while still being tomboyish and casual. I've used it for Pokemon games for as long as I can remember, and I plan on going back to it on PC.

Strawberry, well that was just a precious name. Won me username of the year! Those were happy times, and I still adore the name. Consider myself super lucky for grabbing it.

On the cusp of returning to Alexial, I was browsing through the member list to dig up a few gems or friends (most notably, Dante, whose name I'm very proud to have found). Suddenly, I lapsed into an unconscious state. Without any knowledge or memory of the action, I had PMed Audy with a request to have my username changed to Fairy. I admit, I love the username and all the mystical imagery it conjures; not counting my love for Fairies in general.

They seem to think I went into a fugue state after an isolated moment of hyper-active neurological activity. I'm still waiting on the results of my MRI.

manadhon

RTX-008L
    Years
  • I'm a HUGE Lord of the Rings fan, and as proof of that, I chose my own Elvish (Sindarin specifically) name. Manadhon literally translates to Doom, Fate, Final End, and Fortune. Not exactly the happiest name in the world, but I bear it with pride.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
  • My past username (Lowvyr), was the name of my friend on another website, and I loved his name! So I stole it (Heheheheheheheh..... oh ♥♥♥♥.... I just realized what I've done.... NO LOWVYR DON'T KILL ME! I'M SORRY! No I'm not.)

My current username is a reference character from any video game. Ever. Kreig The Psyhco. He's ♥♥♥♥ing crazy. I love him :D

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
    Years
  • i just chose a username that sounded both masculine and feminine, hence, "Briar" ("Renee" was apparently taken :-( ). "Briar," although created as a "feminine" name sounds masculine, probably due to how it sounds similar to "bryan/brian" or "bryce," which are "masculine" names. i actually like how people can interpret it as one or the other.

Back