• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Speaking of names...

Zeffy

g'day
Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    My current username is a tribute to a good online friend of mine who liked to call me "Zefferion," his own variant of my old username (and the name I am normally associated with), "Zeffy."

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • Belldandy is from Ah! My Goddess. She's a very kind-hearted, naive goddess that cares more for others than for herself. I personify myself by her, and feel at ease using this username as a result.

Click for Pictures

:)

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    My names come from Fire Emblem: Awakening's Cordelia who is my signature and avatar. I just love her character and she's so amazingly beautiful so I started going by her name on here. n_n

Years
  • My username pays homage to my adolescent obsession with Phantom of the Opera. The Phantom's name, in canon, is Erik.
    In the 1989 adaptation, however, with Robert Englund (of Freddy Krueger fame) he is given the last name of Destler..and that's that.

I've thought about changing it - but..Erik Destler is timeless.

Years
  • I wanted something quirky and unique that would draw the public eye but also give justice to my fiery personality. All jokes aside, somehow I came up with this. The path I took to get to it, however, isn't very clear.

Dango

Que Sera, Sera
    Years
  • I joined PC around the time that I was starting to watch Clannad. Also wanted a name that wasn't overly long, so Dango worked nicely.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • Blastin'Tyruntz? Ummm because Blastin'Krookodilez sounds weird.

And now for real, i love tyrunts, and me and my friend were playing his pokemon Y (that little motherlover) and he wonder traded and got 3-4 tyrunts in a row (he actually hates them) and he was like "I just wanna find this ♥♥♥♥ers and blast up them and their ♥♥♥♥ing tyrunts!"

And thus, a hilarious name was born.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • I picked my username because I like the move and I thought I remembered seeing someone online before who had it and I thought it sounded nice.

...turns out that person is an admin on Serebii Forums, which is really awkward for me. I've been meaning to change this one for a long while now. I just... can't settle on what. I feel like I'd go with it for one day and then wanna go back, haha.

Years
  • To be honest, I don't know where it came from. Unless my username is based off a fictional character I like I sort of just make them up. I guess it's unique if no one else thought of it, no?

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2020
    Well perhaps a bit obvious, but got my name from the first Team Rocket's set from the Dark Raichu there. It was the set I came into when I first was in the game, and the only set I winded up hunting down all the cards for.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I went with this username because I wanted something a little bit more mature for a handle when compared to my previous name on here. That and it was the first thing to come to mind really.

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
    Years
  • Tlachtli (T-latch-t-lee) is the name of an Aztec sport somewhat like a cross between volleyball and basketball, or more specifically the name of the field it was played on. I did a research project on the sport and culture surrounding it for a high school Spanish class; I thought the name sounded cool so I started using it as my online screen name, and it's just stuck with me ever since.

DoktorGilda

I will steal your lunch money
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2014
    I was known for playing as Medic in Team Fortress 2 a lot, back in 2009-2010. Hence "Doktor".

Gilda is just a nickname/alias of mine

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    My usernames are almost always character names, related to what I like at the time. xD

In this case, Yuri Lowell is the main character of Tales of Vesperia, which is an X Box game.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • daigonite is the name I have been using for a long time. It comes from "daigo" (steven stone's Japanese name) and "-nite", a suffix for a mineral. It's literally "Steven Stone's Mineral".

It is always lowercase, and it should be pronounced "dai-goh-night" but because screen readers usually read it "day-goh-night" I accept that pronunciation as well lmao

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Mine is a reference to the old days where I was into the whole manga drawing stuff. Back then I spent many years creating characters and stories they'd participate in and the name I use is the initials of one of my favourite characters I created.
    I pretty much use this name everywhere (changed accordingly depending on wheather or not they allow dots used in names)

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Probably not gonna, but I'm toying with switching to Astral for kicks and giggles. Goes well with the whole star theme of mine.

I dunno, though I like Dakota too much.

Nothing Is Real

It's all in the mind you know!
    Years
  • Mine is a lyric from the Beatles' Strawberry Fields Forever. Music is the most important part of my life, so it makes sense. As far as lyrics go Strawberry Fields Forever is up there with the best of them.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    It's a word meaning "very dark, gloomy or forbidden". I was searching for synonyms of dark, which is where I found this word. I thought it sounded cool.

Back