• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spiders

Ida13

Gone For a While
Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    Earlier today I looked over and about three inches from my face was a big creepy hairy spider
    I hate spiders.
    What are your opinions and stories on them?

Sirfetch’d

I don't mess with spiders. I am absolutely terrified of them and I cannot even be in the same room with them without panicking.

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
  • i have a severe fear of spiders to the point where its a major problem. if there is a spider web on my car door or side mirror i either climb to the drivers seat via other places in the car or i just say fuck it and walk away. today i was trying to take the garbage bin to the curb and it had spiders all over it. i sat there staring at the spiders for maybe twenty minutes trying to get the guts to brush maybe one off.

don't get me wrong, i don't hate spiders. i can't hate them when they eat annoying bugs like flies and mosquitos. i just don't want them near me, blocking my everyday routine. i feel bad about killing spiders too so i get someone else to do it for me or i just leave them be.

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
    Years
  • I don't mind spiders as long as they aren't crawling on me so I don't go out of my way to kill them. Though just a few days ago I had a large spider on my hat and just put him on the ground to run away. I don't get the creeps from spiders, instead I over-react when I see a cockroach or wasp.

She

is home
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2018
    I'm only scared of large spider. I'll roll the newspaper and *splat*. Die.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I love spiders. Just like having a cat is a good way to keep mice away, keeping spiders around ensures that the annoying insect(ie. flies, mosquitoes, and even wasps if the web is strong enough) populations are reduced,

Last edited:

string555

Banned
    Years
  • Spiders are adorable. :3

That being said, I wouldn't want to live somewhere were they have a lot of the big-sized ones. :O

As long as they're small and don't look poisonous, I have no problem with them crawling on me.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • don't look poisonous
    That's an important caveat I forgot to mention.

Zero percent of the spiders in my part of the world are poisonous, so I'm a little more at ease sharing my space with them. Otherwise I'd be more than a little concerned if I saw a species I didn't recognize.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I really don't mind spiders at all, infact if anything I feel a bit sorry for them, they get such a bad rep.

Same with moths, no idea why people are so afraid of them.

Years
  • Little ones I tend to leave alone.

Bigger ones I might leave alone, especially if they keep their distance.

Big ones? ....No guarantee of anything.

I can't say anything about my cat leaving them alone, though. :P

Though thankfully most of the bigger ones here tend to stay outside (my windows are at ground level here, so it's easy enough for spiders and other things to crawl in), and all I've seen recently are little tiny ones that I don't even bother with.

Oh, and if they decide to hang from the ceiling and say hi (that has happened to me once), they're probably getting squashed if I can find them again. Assuming I haven't already run away from the spot and refused to go back there at all. There was much flailing that night on my end.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Evacuate my house, and proceed to burn it to the ground.

On a more serious note, I remember when there was this huge jumping spider in the middle of my kitchen, and I had just gotten up for school and headed to the dryer for some clothes. I kept throwing shit at it, and of course, I kept missing. Lets say... I didn't go to school that day :P

Last edited:
    Back